shape
carat
color
clarity

What does Tiffany do with upgraded diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2004 12:56:06 PM
Author: Mara

----------------
On 7/1/2004 12:53:27 PM kevinng wrote:

What do they do with the diamonds? Could some of the diamonds we find online ex-Tiffany''s? Perhaps that''s why there are so many ideal cuts online?
eek.gif

----------------

Hehe who says Tiffany''s diamonds are ''ideal''? They don''t publish information on their cut specs...nor scope images or any angle information when you buy a diamond. They sell cut by nebulous terms at best.

Sure they probably get some great stones in, but be careful how you use the term ideal...there are not that many true excellent cuts online. Just having a table and depth that look nice do not an ideal cut make!
rolleyes.gif

The only I have worn youcan see the cut pattern in....I know it isnt a popular thought on PS but I love their rings and I have never seen a more classic timeless or elegent setting.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: diamondfan
...so he...got me a beautiful emerald cut three stone ring, center stone 3.06 e/vvs2 with 1.0 carat emerald side stones...

we went back to Tiffany''s and traded [it] in.....
Wow...That first Tiffany ring sounds pretty fabulous. I can''t even imagine what you got when you "upgraded"!!

You MUST get thee over to the "Show Me the Ring!" forum and share pictures and all the details....puleeeese??
3.gif

widget

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2005 3:05:12 PM
Author: widget

...so he...got me a beautiful emerald cut three stone ring, center stone 3.06 e/vvs2 with 1.0 carat emerald side stones...

we went back to Tiffany''s and traded [it] in.....
Wow...That first Tiffany ring sounds pretty fabulous. I can''t even imagine what you got when you ''upgraded''!!

You MUST get thee over to the ''Show Me the Ring!'' forum and share pictures and all the details....puleeeese??
3.gif

widget
Ditto!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right now I am camera- less, my kids took the digital somewhere and broke it! I am very happy with my new ring...it is pretty amazing, the center stone is 9 carats and it has tapered baguettes on each side...I did the simple setting versus another three stone, which, though I loved it and still love the past present future idea, was not ideal for this stone. The funny thing is that I think I have good sized hands, I am not a big person but I have largish hands and feet, and I do not think it looks too large. The proportions are nice, and it is cut for the sparkle, not to look as big as possible. I did love my other ring, too, but just could not justify keeping it...made no sense and he would not go for it if I had wanted to keep the other one. I think it is so elegant and beautiful, and I do wear it a lot! I always say it will be one of my nice things I pass on to my kids...
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2005 1:04:49 AM
Right now I am camera- less, my kids took the digital somewhere and broke it! I am very happy with my new ring...it is pretty amazing, the center stone is 9 carats and it has tapered baguettes on each side...I did the simple setting versus another three stone, which, though I loved it and still love the past present future idea, was not ideal for this stone. The funny thing is that I think I have good sized hands, I am not a big person but I have largish hands and feet, and I do not think it looks too large. The proportions are nice, and it is cut for the sparkle, not to look as big as possible. I did love my other ring, too, but just could not justify keeping it...made no sense and he would not go for it if I had wanted to keep the other one. I think it is so elegant and beautiful, and I do wear it a lot! I always say it will be one of my nice things I pass on to my kids...
36.gif
9 ct Tiff & Co stone.?
6.gif
23.gif
what shape? got to see this one.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is an emerald cut. I do not remember what the "right" proportions are for an emerald, but this one is not sooo long and narrow, but is not a modified or square emerald...definitely two sides longer than the other two! I loved it because it has a softer feel to it, it is not so hard edged but more fluid. I knew when I saw it, I had seen a few in stores and on a couple of friends and just knew this one was the right one. I am so excited by it, every time I look at it I cannot believe it.
emotion-19.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2005 3:17:23 AM
It is an emerald cut. I do not remember what the ''right'' proportions are for an emerald, but this one is not sooo long and narrow, but is not a modified or square emerald...definitely two sides longer than the other two! I loved it because it has a softer feel to it, it is not so hard edged but more fluid. I knew when I saw it, I had seen a few in stores and on a couple of friends and just knew this one was the right one. I am so excited by it, every time I look at it I cannot believe it.
emotion-19.gif
what color & clarity?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is H/vvs2...I saw the paperwork but do not have it in hand...all the other stuff was there, polish and symmetry etc...but the stone is very clean and sparkly. My first Tiffany was a bit better in color, but this one looks clean and brilliant to me...I was never one to have the d/flawless mentality...the stone has to speak to you and appeal to you...so just going by stats on a piece of paper do not give the whole picture...it is always best to see it and decide for yourself...
emrainbow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results