carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I love your self appraisal - I might do something similar when I have to submit mine this year. My boss would think it’s funny (depending on his mood). LOL to the card Christabell gave you.

Thank you! I couldn’t be happier with my new bracelet. I wanted something smooth, flat, not too thin but not big and heavy and wouldn’t break my “I shouldn’t be buying that now” mentality. I felt better returning the other bracelet since it cost more and I know I wouldn’t wear it. Sometimes I am not really good about returning things either thinking I might wear it sometime.

Glad to hear you got the electrical panel fixed. That is just crazy it wasn’t taken care of before. I get that relaxing and being leisurely can be exhausting.

Nice you found a table for the boathouse.

I got up at my normal time to drop off my car. A girl friend picked me up and I took her out to breakfast. We had a nice visit.

I worked on most of my chores today. I dusted shelfs in our walk-in closet (except for the high shelves that Marty has shoes and clothes on; I need him here to pull that stuff down and then the duster can reach up there. After dusting I cleaning our my baskets and bins; threw out some clothes, moved some to a spare bedroom and then went through my giant tub of hats, scarfs, gloves and mittens and will donate about 1/2 of them to a local group that gathers such things every year.

I made homemade pizza for lunch. I tried the Pillsbury canned pizza dough; I don’t think I’ll use it again. I couldn’t find my usual pizza mix at the store and my yeast expired so I couldn’t make it from scratch.

This afternoon I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Mm.

I washed and changed our sheets and now I’m bored.

Tomorrow I only have laundry left to do. I thought of cleaning out the frig and cupboards but I better wait for Marty in case I throw out something he wants.

Not one teeny tiny little word or email from my sales associate. Sigh.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I wrote a long (for me) post and it didn't post. Agggghhhhhhhh.

Let's try this again.

Marcy, LOL on being bored by doing the sheets. Laundry isn't fun no matter how you slice the cake. I like the bracelet a lot! Another day of freedom before you have to go back to reality, right?

DeeJay, your self-appraisal was a hoot! Truly. Sorry you had to get the entire electrical panel replaced, but I'm guessing you'll be really glad you did. Isn't it great to meet nice neighbors? We're so blessed to have great neighbors in our new place.

So, today was a scary day. It actually started Saturday afternoon. All of the sudden, I was seeing Eye Floaters. I don't mean "A" floater. I mean a spider web of floaters roaming all over the left eye. Throw in some bursts of light and it's freaky at best. So I did what we all do. I went to WebMD. Don't go to WebMD. I learned I likely had a tear in my retina, I would likely lose my eyesight in that eye and at best require painful surgery to either reattach or replace my retina.

Nothing I could about this till I got up this morning and I called my Ophthalmologist, and they got me in at 10 AM. After hours of testing, the doctor said I somehow had a very teeny tiny blood vessel leading into my retina rupture, but the retina was not detached. Whew. That was good news. But when this all happened (for some unknown reason), a Floater is collagen that typically stays behind one's eye, but somehow some it is now in front of my eye. And these spider webby things don't just go away. He said I'd be living with this for months at a minimum. And there's no treatment for them. Supposedly my mind will just learn to ignore them. I hope that part happens soon as it's driving me bat-poop crazy. At least my vision was not compromised in any way. I have to go back to see him in 3 weeks for a followup. And no physical activity for the next few weeks, so the elliptical is out for a while.

So, that was my day. I hope yours was way better.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I hate when I lose a post. Laundry is annoying especially when that buzzer goes off on the dryer. Nag, nag, nag!

Thanks for the compliment on my bracelet. I think I'll enjoy it.

Yes I have one more day of freedom; Marty gets back tomorrow night some time.

Oh no to the major floater that developed. I agree it's not a great idea to research your symptoms on webmd because you will be likely believe you are a goner. Doom on you!

It does sound like an unusual incident and how awful it will take months to go away. I hope you adjust to it quickly; it is amazing how our brains can compensate for things like that. Probably a good idea to take it easy for a few weeks. Get better soon!

I have some floaters. They aren't fun.

Several years ago I sneezed really hard and broke some blood vessels in my left eye. I had to keep going back to get my eye checked but it finally went away.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby... did you say you dusted the shelves in the walk in closet...? :-o You know you're making the rest of us look bad... right? I mean... really... I've never dusted anything in any closet in any place I've ever lived in... hats off to you Cleaning Maven!

Rod, oh no for the floaters! I agree it's amazing what our brains can compensate for. Totally different example but for some reason this just popped into my head. There's a guy I see on my way to work pretty frequently and he's walking a three legged dog. And you know what, that dog doesn't miss his leg at all from what I can tell. Probably doesn't even know he's supposed to HAVE four of them. He's just boppin' along, happy as a clam. That's a creature who's compensated! (And now you probably think I'm crazy, ha ha! But really, that's what I thought of!)

Last night the CB picked me up and we were going to go to Costco, but a friend texted me and said her husband was out of town and asked if we wanted to go to dinner with her and her two year old, so no Costco! Tonight we're doing pizza with the family for the CB's birthday (which is actually tomorrow, but I volunteer for Big Brothers Big Sisters on Wednesdays so we're doing it early). I've got a long list of things that need to get done before my trip to Asia...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am kind of a clean freak but the fact I could see dust on the rails in the closet (and overflowing baskets) inspired me to dig out the duster and go through some things. This would be the first closet I have ever dusted but it’s a room not just a hole in the wall. Really!

It is amazing how animals adapt to what nature gives them. Very cool about that dog.

Think of the money you saved not going to Costco.

Tell CB Happy Birthday tomorrow! Enjoy the pizza party. I actually ordered in a pizza for lunch - I have lots of leftovers for lunch now.

I stayed up late last night thinking I can sleep in tomorrow. Stupid construction workers get up way before I planned on though. Rats.

Marty used miles for an upgrade to O’Hare and then got a free upgrade to DIA to he had 2 nice flights home today. He was asking me why I was home (he has a great memory NOT) so my response was I am Marcy No Car. I guess he has calls in the morning to Australia or Hong Kong so we’ll have to figure out when he can get me to work. I hope my car is ready to pick up tomorrow. I can’t imagine it would take that many days to fix.

I watched “Mother’s Day” this afternoon. Definitely a chick flick but it was okay to pass a couple of hours. It is gorgeous outside - no breeze or anything and warm. WTH? Did I wake up in a parallel universe?

You know when I work I keep thinking how nice it would be at home; now that I’m at home and missing a few days of work I’m bored and will be glad to go back to work tomorrow.

No news on my car.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, you're right, I did save money by not going to Costco! I don't know what happens in that store... I walk in to get one thing -- like just a rotisserie chicken -- and the next thing I know I'm at the check-out forking over five hundred bucks... WTF?!

Last night we went to the CB's mom's for dinner and then went home. I should have done something useful... but I didn't, LOL. Today I get my permanent crown put on at lunch. Oh joy. Tonight I've got a BBBS orientation for the school year and then a walk-through for a property that's supposed to close tomorrow. There's some sort of insurance item that's still outstanding and they can't send the closing packet over to the title company without it so hopefully that will get worked out. It's always something!

And minor victory of the morning: I WANTED to eat a bagel. I DID eat some greek yogurt. (But I still want that bagel... ha ha!)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I ate the bagel. :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, stores are like Costco are dangerous; we seem to spend money like drunken sailers at Sams Club. You just find so many bargains, huh? Darn it for spending money on gold that isn’t a piece of jewelry. Good luck with the property closing tomorrow. I am not much of a bagel fan but when cream cheese sounds good I’ll go for one. It’s easier to come up with than cheesecake.

I started my morning by knocking over a glass of water and it went right on a power strip. I did take a bow after we unplugged everything and cleaned up the water. Luckily Wyoming has no humidity so everything was dry tonight and I put everything back together.

Marty took me to work at 7 so he could make conference call at 8 yet I barely got my work done in 9 hours. Too much stuff to catch up.

The auto body shop notified me about 11 that my A6 was ready to pick up so we went and picked it up during lunch. It looks great. You can’t even tell where the scratch was before.

My Porsche is in Colorado and I can pick it up Friday afternoon. Woo hoo. My sales associate sent me 2 pictures. It’s still wrapped but it looks good. I am so excited. Our appointment isn’t until 4 pm though; I am guessing they will still be cleaning, checking and detailing the car in to the afternoon.

We had homemade tacos for supper.

Have a great evening.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wrapped up Porsche

20160927_150425_resized.jpg

20160927_150442_hdr_resized.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I hope CB's birthday was great. I chuckled when you posted you ate the bagel. There are far worse things one could eat.

WOO HOO Marcy on picking up the Macan on Friday!! I'll bet Friday can't come fast enough for you now! You must post pictures when you take delivery! Yes you must........Oooh, I just saw the wrapped up baby. Preetttyyyy! I have the same color leather interior in my Mercedes. Every time I get in my car, I love it!

So, the spider web floating around my left eye is driving me crazy. I'm sure at some point my brain will create an ignore mechanism, but man o' man is it ever annoying. I've been researching if there's anything I can do to reduce or eliminate them. I've found some exercises that work for about a second, but will keep doing them and researching in the hopes something helps.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I think you should just leave the wheel protectors on New Blue! :cheeky: And I somehow missed that you were getting a RED interior!!!

Rod, I can only imagine how annoying the spiders must be... hopefully the "ignore" mechanism will kick in soon and you will stop "seeing" them.

Last night I ran up and did the walk through at the unit my clients are closing on today. The ONLY thing the sellers agreed to do from the inspection report was to get the toilets working (they are both brand new and neither one of them was hooked up when we did the inspection). Well one of them flushes and ones doesn't. As a matter of fact it doesn't even fill with water. The seller's agent was very nonchalant about the whole thing. They won't be quite so nonchalant when they find out I've told the attorney we should escrow $1,000 until this gets fixed. I mean, who knows what the problem is? I could be something simple or it could be something more complicated and expensive like a problem with the incoming water line that should be filling the tank. So this should be a real joy...

OK, off to start working on the long list of things I need to do before my trip!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, when we sold our condo, the only thing our buyer insisted we do was have the stove adjusted to be 100% level. It turns out the wood floors in the condo only went partially under the stove, meaning the back of the stove was lower than the front and while we never noticed the discrepancy, the top was a few millimeters above the granite. The stove didn't have feet to adjust the height, so if we put wood at the back, the stove would still have been above the granite on both ends and he wanted it to be flush with counter top. The only option was to have the wood floor at the front of the stove cut and removed. We let him know this in advance, but he was adamant that he wanted it done, so we had the floor removed and the stove was then totally flat on the granite at the front and back. I hope your closing goes OK with the escrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, our appointment tomorrow isn’t until 4 pm. It is going to be a LONG day. I am glad to hear you like your red interior. I thought it went well with red and heck it is a Porsche but a part of me kept wondering if that was too much. I am very excited. Sorry to hear the spider webby thing is driving you crazy. I can imagine it would be bothersome. I sure hope it becomes invisible to you or goes away quickly. Isn’t it funny some of the things you find when you move out? I am glad you only had to level the stove for the guy who bought your condo. Sounds like an easy fix though.

Dee Jay. Marty is still laughing at your suggestion I leave the protectors on the wheels. :lol: :lol: :lol: He sure thinks you’re funny! And good news it looks like our next license plates will allow 5 letters so I can officially get myself the Curby plates. I hope the toilets are an easy fix. I would say toilets are a must for a happy home.

I was pretty impatient at work today just wishing it was time to go home. I met a friend for lunch and got home before 5:30. Marty cooked dead animal on the grill and we had salad and potatoes with it.

I updated my Mac OS last night and then sadly found out my Quicken Essentials doesn’t work with the new OS. So me being cheap bought a $20 software app that says it imports Quicken Essentials - WRONG. So then I had to buy Quicken 2016 at $79.99 to get my file open. It did work fine but my being cheap cost me $20. Phooey.

Have a great Friday. I hope mine goes well.

Marcy Almost New Car

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

We are heading out after lunch and will do some shopping before going to the car dealer. It's going to be a LONG day!

I took my Audi Bear (Ace) for a ride in his car this morning. According to Marty he has been really mad at me for trading off his car and buying a Porsche. I will miss my A6; it is the nicest driving car I've ever owned. I am sure the Porsche won't disappoint though.

I went and bought some cinnamon chip / swirl bread this morning. That stuff is so good; kind of like a loaf of cinnamon rolls. I got my sister and BIL a loaf as well since they are coming to visit tomorrow.

Have a great day! My day looks promising anyway.

Curby

img_12823.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

After a LONG Friday we finally got our Porsche and have been out driving around frequently since.

We visited our favorite kitchen store first then headed to the dealer. Both our SA and the financial guy were busy but they gave us the key to our car so we sat in it and checked things out.

Finally it was "our turn" but the financial guy was a bit scatter brained and I'm still not thrilled with that process. We are 1/2 way through the paperwork and had payments way higher than expected and come to find out he didn't finance for the duration I requested so he had to start again. Then when we went to sign the paperwork to permit them to pay off our current car loan they had the wrong amount on it and we had to start that over again. Marty swears we signed the new one, I don't think we did and we didn't get a copy of it so I am all nervous about that. Then the last thing we went to sign had the car listed as a S instead of a GTS - so he corrected that and we initialed that change. We get all done and move on to the SA and it sunk in to my brain I should check the rest of the paperwork we signed and yep - all of it said "S" on it. I went and interrupted him with another customer and made him correct the paperwork that would have been for the title. Aargh.

We got out of the dealer about 6:15, stopped and ate pizza then got home about 10 pm.

Today we went for a ride this morning, my sister and BIL got here about 11; we went to lunch then went for another ride after our company left. Marty said he is impressed and I can keep the car. Good deal there.

Tomorrow we are heading to the mountains for a quick trip and back. I haven't done ANY house stuff this weekend. Best get on that.

I somehow messed up my laptop. I might have started a time machine restore from years ago somehow and this morning I was passworded out of my laptop. I have never had a password on my laptop and couldn't get in to it. Marty finally had to create a new itunes account then was able to changed my current itunes account password and got me back to my stuff. Thank goodness to have an IT guy in the house.

Have a fabulous Sunday.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few photos.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1475379256.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1475379276.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1475379296.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, thank you for waiting with me yesterday. It helped. Oh no for wifi going in and out. I agree with your take on the Apple watch. I don’t foresee me wearing it but good idea to dig out my diamond bracelet.

Rainwood, Marty said on our way to the store this morning people were looking at the car as we drove by. Then I started paying attention and I didn’t see anyone looking at it. It’s dirty already though darn it. I totally get what you mean by the sense of release. Hugs to you for the tough day today. Those anniversaries are difficult. I like that you have a glass - doing something your DH would like you to do. The story about your husband water skiing and what your friend did with your husband’s water ski is awesome. Really a wonderful memory and tribute to your beloved husband. Good deal to do some retail therapy today.

Missy, I did take Ace and Killer for a ride this morning. Marty even put Ace in a seatbelt on the back seat. I have not noticed the bunnies or bug appears. I’ll have to check it out. Good deal to decide to go with marble countertops. I think they will be gorgeous.

Scandi, enjoy the mountains this weekend. Yes, I like driving (where there isn’t a lot of traffic)
but I am a fan of driving my new car so far. It rides really well in comfort mode, a bit stiffer in sport mode and not bad in sport plus. It doesn’t lack on pep or power and you have no idea how fast you are going. Oh oh to that! I agree a crisp white blouse with jeans looks very nice.

Junebug, too funny our husbands try to get us to stick up for ourselves. We have to be ourselves and there is nothing wrong with that. We did decide to go on a road trip last night. Once we hit down I drove around for about an hour and Marty messed with setting up radio stations and other car settings.

Hi Kristie, Callie and Sharon.

CJ, I am definitely a carnivore and everything tastes better cooked on the grill. I did pick up the cinnamon swirl bread. It is quite tasty. It’s not a bad thing to share things with our DH. I have days where I don’t want to stick my nose out the door but then I start getting bored. Did you try your new hair color yet? Do you like it? That is adventuresome trying some new fruit.

I saw this on FB and really liked it - it seems appropriate for many of us. “Many we loved has passed away too soon. We remember them often in a thousand different ways…in the morning…in the night…when we look at the stars…on a certain date…a song…a place…a smell..Remembering all of those who left us too soon.”

After a LONG Friday we finally got our Porsche and have been out driving around frequently since.

We visited our favorite kitchen store first then headed to the dealer. Both our SA and the financial guy were busy but they gave us the key to our car so we sat in it and checked things out.

Finally it was "our turn" but the financial guy was a bit scatter brained and I'm still not thrilled with that process. We are 1/2 way through the paperwork and had payments way higher than expected and come to find out he didn't finance for the duration I requested so he had to start again. Then when we went to sign the paperwork to permit them to pay off our current car loan they had the wrong amount on it and we had to start that over again. Marty swears we signed the new one, I don't think we did and we didn't get a copy of it so I am all nervous about that. Then the last thing we went to sign had the car listed as a S instead of a GTS - so he corrected that and we initialed that change. We get all done and move on to the SA and it sunk in to my brain I should check the rest of the paperwork we signed and yep - all of it said "S" on it. I went and interrupted him with another customer and made him correct the paperwork that would have been for the title. Aargh.

We got out of the dealer about 6:15, stopped and ate pizza then got home about 10 pm.

Today we went for a ride this morning, my sister and BIL got here about 11; we went to lunch then went for another ride after our company left. Marty said he is impressed and I can keep the car. Good deal there.

Tomorrow we are heading to the mountains for a quick trip and back. I haven't done ANY house stuff this weekend. Best get on that.

I somehow messed up my laptop. I might have started a time machine restore from years ago somehow and this morning I was passworded out of my laptop. I have never had a password on my laptop and couldn't get in to it. Marty finally had to create a new itunes account then was able to changed my current itunes account password and got me back to my stuff. Thank goodness to have an IT guy in the house.

Have a fabulous Sunday.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm not sure who the folks are you commented to in your last post, but I did want to say Ooh La La to the new Macan! The blue outside and the red leather inside are simply fantabulous. I hope you drive it safely, in great health for many miles to come!

So far a relaxing weekend down here in the land where it seems summer will NEVER end. We ran some errands yesterday, then went down to have dinner with my brother and SIL. The food was great. We kind of got into over the election. I'm a liberal dem, my brother is a staunch conservative republican. We are so not voting the same candidate.

Today we're just going grocery shopping. We're having linguine with lump crab and scallops, in a white sauce of olive oil, garlic and butter. It's simple, but oh so good! We had storms last night, so we couldn't get in the spa. Hopefully we'll be able to tonight.

Have a great Sunday everyone........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, holy cow - I didn't copy and paste very well yesterday. D'oh! Thank you on my car. We definitely are enjoying it. It had 14 miles on it when we got it and now there are over 300 miles on it. Marty has a major grin on his face - he told me I could keep it.

It's nice you live where summer never ends. Looks like another hurricane or tropical storm is heading towards the U.S. It's like Wyoming wind but with more rain.

Sometimes it's best not to discuss politics. I love to hear what people think and why but usually if I disagree or point out an alternate view most people think I am picking on them. I tend to vote for what people believe and want to do not what little letter is behind their name. Both sides have good ideas, bad ideas and head scratching what were you thinking ideas. I am not in any way a fan of Trump but sure don't want to vote for Hilary so I honestly haven't decided what I am going to do. This time I don't feel like there is a good choice.

Your dinner menu sounds great.

We got up early and drove to the mountains west of here. Fabulous fall colors on the trees. I decided we should head to Colorado then instead of coming back the same way and although that was a nice drive; the trees weren't turning yet due to lower altitude and warmer weather. Rats. I drove the last 40 miles to get home. We stopped and had some lunch when we got to town. Marty is washing the car now and I am starting on my pile of dishes and laundry. I also need to call Chase and tell them stop payment on my Audi and call Sirius and suspend my service on the A6.

We loved the A6 - had lots of power, cornered great, handled and rode fabulously but the Porsche is noticeably better. The ride in comfort mode is easily as nice as our car was and of course he has more than enough power and corners like a dream. No strain or leaning and Marty was taking many of them at 50 mph. He's enjoying life.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dinner was fabu! It really was! And there was enough left over for a great lunch portion tomorrow.

We were planning to get in the spa, but we're in the middle of a heavy thunderstorm right now. So I guess the spa is out tonight.

Marcy, I don't love Hillary. BUT [IMHO] she is an infinitely safer choice for the safety of our country than Trumpler. He scares me and is completely unbalanced. And with that, I won't go any further into politics.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad your dinner was great and you have leftovers. I have enough leftovers from this weekend for supper tomorrow and Tuesday night. Yippee. Twofers. I saw the heavy thunderstorm rolling in there since the Broncos were playing Tampa Bay. Looked nasty.

Here is another pic of the car. The trees were so pretty today.

img_12853.jpg

_38387.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, it sounds like you and Marty and having a gold ol' time with New Blue!

Rod, did you (or are you) getting any weather impact from what's going on right now? My friend that I'm traveling with tomorrow just made it out of the Bahamas in the nick of time.

On Friday I drove to New Buffalo... and back... all before 10 am (don't ask!). Then the CB and I went BACK to NB and drove home again on Sunday morning... when I dropped him off to do some work on his building and I went up north to buy this year's giant pumpkin. It's the biggest one yet -- over 400 pounds!!! It's got to sit in my car for the next 18 days though until the carving party so I'm hoping for some cool weather, ha ha!

I need to finish packing tonight and make a run to the ATM and the drug store... 4 o'clock tomorrow morning will roll around far earlier than I would like!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, we aren't getting anything from the hurricane. It's not likely our coast will experience anything, other than some higher breezes as it passes off the Atlantic coast. They do say as it moves north, we'll actually benefit as the counter clockwise spin of the storm will bring less humid air down towards the end of the week. I hope that happens as it's pretty darn sultry outside right now.

I know you're packing, but I forget where you're actually going?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I'm going to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I remember you mentioning it, but didn't think it was coming up so soon. I know you'll have a great time! At least I hope you do!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we are enjoying our car. Marty was nervous letting me take the car to work today. I am glad your friend made it out of the Bahamas in time. It looks like this could be a big hurricane. Wow I can’t wait to see your 400 pound pumpkin. Cool. Have a blast on your trip.

Rod, I hope you don’t get any wind or rain from the hurricane. We are having horrible winds here today. I was cringing as my car kept getting sandblasted coming home. My clean car got rained on today too.

I had a very hard time at work today. Just because it’s kind of a let down after the build up, excitement and fun of getting my new car. My boss was grumpy, my employees were overly needy; I was glad to see 5 pm roll around.

I got my Sirius/XM account cancelled on the Audi, got verification from my insurance my policy looks fine for the new car and now I just need to wait for my tire reimbursement and car to be paid off and I’ll be done - until I pay for the sales tax and license plates. I could be getting a killer sapphire and ring for that much money but oh well - I’ll have a big speedy sapphire instead.

Have a great evening.
Curby no more?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Not much going on here. Still windy as heck, getting colder and that 4 letter white stuff is in the forecast. Noooooooooo!!!!

I made it home safe and sound again today. Pshew. Tension is mounting though - I need cash and that requires I drive through a drive through and we all know that means CURBS. :lol:

Have a great evening.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay away from curbs Marcy! Yes, far away!

Been watching the projected track of Hurricane Matthew. They keep it coming further west than we'd like to see, but still not exactly on top of Tampa. Fingers crossed it stays off the coast of the US and causes no damage. I guess time will tell.

Charlie's heading to Oregon for his annual family trip Thursday morning. I joked that he'll be leaving me and the kitties to perhaps have to deal with a hurricane.

I managed to pull my back a couple days ago. I do this with some regularity and while I do my lower back exercises, the reality is, it doesn't really do much to help. The pain will just subside in a few days, until the next time.

Work has been a bear this week, but then it is most weeks.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy I-think-it's-tomorrow-where-I-am kids!

Just a fly by (no pun intended!) to let you know I've made it to South Korea! We're sitting in the Star Alliance lounge sipping champagne and waiting to board our next flight...because...yanno...the 17 hours we've already spent in the air isn't enough!

Curby, aside from the Post Office are there any other places you can't go anymore?! :cheeky:

Rod, sorry to hear about your back. That's one of my fears on this trip--lifting my suitcase into the overhead bin and hurting myself...

Ok, off to eat more brownie bits and eventually head for our gate.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I'm glad to hear you've made it to South Korea. We went to Hong Kong in 1985 and we were in planes for more than 24 hours getting there. It's grueling at best. I hope the final leg is brief and pleasant.

My back is somewhat better this morning. I'm not walking like the Hunch Back of Notre Damn, so that's progress.

Still watching this massive Hurricane wobble around. Now they think that it may hang off the Florida coast this weekend, head north for a bit, then loop back around south and possibly come into Miami sometime next week. Storms are bad enough. Storms that loop around aimlessly are worse.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results