color
clarity

What happened to the BGD Black Thread?

vanessauder

Rough_Rock
Why do threads like these get hidden?

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Hi Vanessa, I started that thread out of curiosity about the difference between BGD Black and the Signature line. I'm not sure what happened. I tried to find it through my account posts to repost the link here, but it says I am not authorized. It looks like a moderator deleted the thread entirely.

There were some heated discussions between some forum members, so that may be why. Still the thread was a useful discussion of what the line might entail, so it is disappointing to see that our free speech has been curtailed. :silenced: :silenced:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LawmaLlama|1475250805|4082374 said:
... Still the thread was a useful discussion of what the line might entail, so it is disappointing to see that our free speech has been curtailed. :silenced: :silenced:

I think it's important to keep in mind that in a privately-owned forum like PS we can't expect 100% free speech.
Like any forum PS has moderation and rules to protect itself and keep things running smoothly.
I can think of many legitimate reasons it removed, not to mention liability.

I've been reading PS around 11 years.
They really work to be fair and neutral to everyone.
It can't be an easy job considering PS's mission, the magnitude of poster's passion and the professionals' financial interests at stake.
When people and topics overheat and boil over I don't blame admin for just taking the pot off the stove.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close the thread maybe, but don't delete it!

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Kenny, I totally understand why it was done, and do I understand this is a private forum. My reference to free speech was about allowing members to convey the information publicly available on the web, and that other forum members (and/or trade members) may have to share about the new line. To me, much of the purpose of this community is to educate folks about our jewelry purchases. Sharing of information does just that.

I guess it would have been better said this way: it is disappointing and unfortunate that our discussions and humorous speculations about the new line were curtailed by a few forum members who chose to get into heated debates and hijack the thread with their own agenda(s).

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We removed the thread because of a few reasons. One, private information was posted that should not have been. Second, we received so many reports from users asking us to remove their posts in that thread that it got so messy, it no longer made sense to keep. We hope that helps alleviate concerns.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results