shape
carat
color
clarity

I Figured Out the Appeal of Trump

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Unfortunately, there are lots of people who can't figure out why anyone in their right mind would vote for Hillary. If I was a democrat (which I'm not), there's no way that I'd vote straight ticket either.
I could honestly see myself voting democrat if the candidate was worthy of my vote, but, she's not :nono: Nope, still not voting. I'll take my lumps and leave it up to the rest of you.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to share.

whiny_trump.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1475038475|4081534 said:
marcy|1475035621|4081519 said:
I think he has appeal because so many people are fed up with corrupt, lying, self-serving politicians.

Marcy

He is a corrupt, lying self-serving man running for the highest office of the land. So how is that a change or an improvement? Sincerely, I do not understand that argument.

Additionally, he has a history of 4 bankruptcies. Has admitted during the debates he did not pay federal income tax for at least 2 years, and has been audited for 15 years straight. All of which most politicians do not have. Multiple marriages which he committed adultery, including 5 children by 3 different women. Which most politicians do not have. And has no history of ANY public service, including a draft dodge. Another thing that most politicians do not have as most of them even, the ones I dislike the most at least have a history of public service-- even the draft dodgers. And on top of that knows nothing but the most cursory information about the issues OR even the true powers within the scope of the Presidency. So he's ignorant to boot.

So... I fail to see the logic in: "I am sick of corrupt, lying, self serving politicians" EQUALING: Trump is the solution to the problem of corrupt, lying, self serving politicians.

:confused:

Gypsy - all I mean is that he's not a politician. I am not saying he is any better or different than most of Washington.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1475074562|4081631 said:
Gypsy|1475038475|4081534 said:
marcy|1475035621|4081519 said:
I think he has appeal because so many people are fed up with corrupt, lying, self-serving politicians.

Marcy

He is a corrupt, lying self-serving man running for the highest office of the land. So how is that a change or an improvement? Sincerely, I do not understand that argument.

Additionally, he has a history of 4 bankruptcies. Has admitted during the debates he did not pay federal income tax for at least 2 years, and has been audited for 15 years straight. All of which most politicians do not have. Multiple marriages which he committed adultery, including 5 children by 3 different women. Which most politicians do not have. And has no history of ANY public service, including a draft dodge. Another thing that most politicians do not have as most of them even, the ones I dislike the most at least have a history of public service-- even the draft dodgers. And on top of that knows nothing but the most cursory information about the issues OR even the true powers within the scope of the Presidency. So he's ignorant to boot.

So... I fail to see the logic in: "I am sick of corrupt, lying, self serving politicians" EQUALING: Trump is the solution to the problem of corrupt, lying, self serving politicians.

:confused:

I tend to agree, but the difference is that Trump is not your run-of-the-mill corrupt politician. He may be corrupt in some ways, but he's not been jaded and/or shaped by the political arena. That, I think, is the difference for some people (not necessarily me, but maybe for others). I tend to think that corrupt is corrupt is corrupt.....so it doesn't make much difference whether or not that comes from politics. However, I also think that Hillary is equally as corrupt :((

Momhappy, you clarified that well. I don't care for either of them.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see.

No he's not a Washington insider.

Probably because he has neither the temperament, the self sacrifice to engage in public service, the empathy to engage with people on a meaningful level.

I personally would vote for a true ETHICAL business person, without experience, who was a good human being for public office. Maybe not President. But certainly for many positions.

I feel that the position of President is best filled with someone with experience.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
If you caught last night's Daily Show with Trevor Noah, they did a whole segment with a few of the gross things that Trump has said over the years. A couple of them especially grossed me out;

Talking to Imas about the 14 year old boy whose teacher had sex with him, the gist was, "Did you see her, she's not bad. Probably gave him some confidence." :cry:

Pretend an other candidate, including Hillary, had said that. Or what if a man had said a male teacher had given a 14 year old girl "some confidence". That's just gross.

Sitting next to Marla Maples, who's holding his newborn daughter, he says to the camera "She's beautiful. We'll see if she gets the (holds hand in a tits gesture). That remains to be seen." (I'm paraphrasing, see video clip below) :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djQApFzMbSM

Seriously? What the fuuuuuuu? Why would anyone vote for this gross, lecherous, dirty old man?!! Talk about "speaks to his character". Trump speaks to his own character, all the time, and it seems people just refuse to listen. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Here's the compilation: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/kqdjut/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-donald-trump-s-long-history-of-sexism

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
For me, it is not necessarily the appeal of Trump but the lack of appeal for Hillary.

Otherwise, imo Trump would have been like a pet rock, a novelty that would have long ago worn off.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1475031680|4081489 said:
momhappy|1475030811|4081478 said:
]

I doubt free college will happen. The details of her plan are fuzzy at best. It was simply a move on her part to get Bernie supporters...It's all just fluff and said to get someone elected (much like building a wall) :roll:

I agree with this too.

EVEN if she did manage to get free tuition passed (impossible that anyone could pull that rabbit out of the hat with our current Congress IMO), it would ONLY apply to State and Federally funded institutions at best. And would result in two things, IMO, larger than sustainable class sizes, and, UNLESS it is coupled with ADDITIONAL funding for good teachers, a lower bar set on the requirements for teachers.

It will make Private colleges even more "elitist" than they already are. And probably cause the best and brightest of teachers to flee to them for more money and more manageable class loads.

PLUS, only HALF of the expenses incurred by students in college are due to tuition. The rest is books, housing, food, etc. That doesn't go away. And will still make it cost prohibitive for many students without student loans.

Where they NEED to start is by reforming current student loan laws. They are OBSCENE currently.

And then from there, come up with a SANE program that will help students get a REAL and WORTHWHILE education that manages costs and still ensures that our Public Colleges are properly funded and staffed.

And that will take a lot of thinking than any two second "sound bite" in a debate will be able to promise.

All this thrash about college funding, while meanwhile, many states are engaging in a complete gutting of public education, and the effective wink wink nudge nudge privatizing, re-segregation, and re-religion-ing of what "publics" are left. As usual, there are still 70% or more of the population, who never got degrees in the past and will not be getting them in droves in the future either. So while I get the outrage over the cost, since it only affects about 30% of the population, there's a still bigger problem out there that has not been addressed by any candidate.

The best and brightest teachers are not fleeing to privates - for one thing, there are not enough positions at either the private K-12 or college levels, to house all the good teachers there actually are. And privates (at least in this part of the country) do not pay better or have better benefits than publics (currently). No, career teachers - the effective ones - are are fleeing the profession entirely, and it's NOT because of low pay, it's because of utterly intolerable working conditions. In the last 3 months in Oklahoma there have been nearly 1000 emergency teaching certificates issued. That means that you have a pulse and are upright, nothing else.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
All the talk about free college is just pandering to the young vote.

If school children could vote, maybe they would get more attention.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1475183044|4082153 said:
All the talk about free college is just pandering to the young vote.

If school children could vote, maybe they would get more attention.
You DO know that Millenials outnumber the baby boomers?

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
HC, huh? You just made my point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results