shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow vs white diamond

carmen1

Shiny_Rock
LorB said:
Thanks SparkliesLuver there is a noticeable difference between those 2 rings when u see them side by side, regarding DBL I emailed them and yet to hear back, hopefully they reply to my enquiry if not I will be shopping else where, will give Naturally Colored a look and see what yellow diamonds they have, thanks :dance: :D

In my experience David at DBL was always very good at getting back to me, and you can also call them directly (phone number is on the website) rather than wait for an email response. I would tell him what you are looking for and your budget and see what he recommends, I believe DBL offers a Pricescope discount, so ask about it.

I think Leibish offers a discount for members, as I recall, you could see the discounted price if you signed up and logged in. I had an experience with them a few years back that I'm still a bit sulky over, but they do have a good selection.

For me, I'd go for a larger FY and instead save on the setting by using white gold (with a yellow gold basket) rather than platinum.

DDOC

Rough_Rock
Trade
If you decide on yellow I would stick to fancy yellow even or better, fancy light can look a bit washed out, especially once it gets a bit of dirt behind the stone.
With cushion make sure it is square, and with pear shape or other long cuts look at the stone from different angles. A lot of long stones (longer than they are wide) can have a dark bow tie effect across the middle from poor cutting.
Stick to GIA certed stones for yellow's, and keep away from ones with a greenish cast ( a lot of yellows have it ) unless thats your thing.
I would go yellow claws on a Platinum halo, especially if it is a micro claw set halo. The Platinum will last much longer.
If you go white gold insist on a Palladium based alloy, it will be more of a greyish white and harder wearing. Most 14ct and 18ct white has very litlle Palladium and has more of a soft creamish colour to it.
As a nurse maybe consider a yellow rubbed in center. This has the affect of adding colour to the stone and making it appear larger.
Most of all, enjoy the process.

Below is the Platinum and 18ct yellow ring I made for my wife ten years ago, it has a 1.04 ct fancy yellow even radiant cut, with E-F, SI 1 side stones.

definitive_jewellery_39.jpg

definitive_jewellery_23.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results