shape
carat
color
clarity

Criss-Cross Awesome-Sauce (my CvB ring is here!)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new cross-over ring is completed and I am thrilled! :appl: :appl:

First thoughts: CvB took my rough idea, and really brought it to such baubleliciousness bling-fruition! :love: My goal was a middle-finger/RH ring juxtaposing the beautiful old cut diamonds in a more modern/contemporary design that would be versatile, wearable (e.g., not set high up, catching on things, etc.), unique, provide visual interest from all viewing angles, and really let the diamonds show off max twinkle that old cuts are adored for. End result - it fits perfectly, is extremely comfortable, and I can wear it on other fingers for variety or when 'seasonal swelling' rolls in, which I appreciate! It's a LOT of bling without being too 'big' in terms of the physical size. Pictures and video don't do it justice or capture the insane sparkle show. Caysie's Phoebe ring was one of my inspirations, and given she has produced so many beautiful pieces for other PSers with glowing reviews, it made sense to go to her for this project. And I'm so glad I did because I love it!

Link to the RT thread (if interested) where it all started: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/seeking-input-on-custom-criss-cross-ring-project-please.224422/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/seeking-input-on-custom-criss-cross-ring-project-please.224422/[/URL]

Finished ring deets: 14K-WG/P with a soft brushed finish and delicate milgrain accents. The pictures make the milgrain look more prominent than it is in person; it's actually super-fine at a normal viewing distance. TCW is 0.94 (who says you can't get a LOT of sparkle with h in color and vs/vvs in clarity. the acc measures 4.14x4.07mm, and the oecs range from 2.56 mm to 2.78 mm. ring size is 8.25, and it measures 16mm north-south.

My CvB ID experience: She really is a true artist who brings significant creative expertise to the design process, which I desperately needed because I am NOT a creative person (as if you couldn't tell by my 'drawing' :lol:). She is personable, sweet, and not only took the time to understand my goals, budget, etc., but to learn about me as the wearer, which means the finished piece is just as unique as the person it's intended for. I also appreciated how realistic her CADs appeared, and that they were less 'clunky/bulky' than others I've seen; this really helped me during the process to envision how the final piece would look. I've had a few pieces made over the last couple years, and this - by far - was the most collaborative experience I've had with a bench so far.

On to the photo fest! :dance:

First up are CvB's glamour shots. I'll be back in a bit with my own pictures; however, given it was raining here today, they don't do this pretty ring ANY justice. And I have to post this now and come back later because my stupid computer wants to reboot in order to finish some updates. :roll:

_38289.jpg

_38290.jpg

_38291.jpg

_38292.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bring on the pics (and there are LOTS)! :appl:

(trying to get the bulk uploaded before computer reboot takes over)

_38320.jpg

_38321.jpg

_38322.jpg

_38323.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next wave ... a couple of hand shots. No time for a mani this week due to work, but all I can focus on is this pretty on my finger, so hopefully you do, too. :D

_38325.jpg

_38326.jpg

_38324.jpg

_38327.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a few more quickies. ;-)

I forgot to mention - any dark areas in the center are reflections from my camera phone.

Hopefully the weather clears up tomorrow so I can get some nice outdoor pics. :wavey:

_38328.jpg

_38329.jpg

_38330.jpg

_38331.jpg

GingerKaBluey

Rough_Rock
It's so beautiful!!! It looks great on you too! :appl:

Vampira

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful, like a glamorous sci-fi satellite!

Q

Queenie60

It's lovely! Her work is so very perfect. Enjoy - it was fun to see your initial drawing and ideas and then to see it come to life. :dance: :clap: :love: :love: congratulations!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is perfect. And it looks amazing on your finger!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and artistic. So graceful and it looks lovely on you! :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wayyyyy cool!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Ginger, Vampira, Queenie, Soxfan, Missy, and Motownmama for your compliments! :wavey: I have enjoyed rocking this pretty so much tonight. It is so comfortable, wearable, and solid! And sparkly! :D

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's cool! I love the added touch of milgrain on the side of each OEC! And I love the combo of old cuts with the modern design!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This turned out so nice and unique! I love the mix of antiquey and modern elements.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow this is beautiful. It's looks so cool on your finger. Love it!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It is so much more delicate in the hand shots than I expected it to be, and I really adore it on you!!! Well done!! :love: :love: :love:

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Love this! :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, how unusual & beautiful! Love it!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a cool ring! I love it, it looks great on you Joco. Love it, this woman is a true artist!!!

:love: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and unique, stylish!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Lady, Distracts, Callie, Jenn, Georgie, Alex, Tekate, and BrightIce for your compliments. I'm glad others appreciate the "old meets new" concept. I love the "antique/vintage" look, but I tend not to reach for those items as much, and I really want to enjoy my pieces with some level of regularity, so this style works really well for me. :D

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is way cool!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I clearly am behind around here! That turned out GREAT! :love: Caysie is an incredible designer!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it turned out so cool! It sort of has an old world feel...not as in antique but as in like ancient Rome or those time frames.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so cool!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you RockonReen, DS, tyty & nala! I'm really very happy with how this turned out, and how Caysie was able to transform my idea into a beautiful ring that I love wearing! I just wish I could post a video showing how much life this ring has ... it's truly a sparklebomb! :love:

Attaching a couple more pictures I managed to get last week when the sun peeked out behind the clouds for a few mins. Hoping for a good solid sunny day (where I'm not slammed and have a few mins) to get outside and catch some fire shots because it's amazing the show it puts on! :naughty:

_38365.jpg

_38366.jpg

_38367.jpg

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza! Perfect! Congrats.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1475264314|4082453 said:
Wowza! Perfect! Congrats.

Thank you Anna. I am pretty enamored with it! :D