shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
I'm currently wearing Dolce & Gabbana's Rosa Excelsa. I dig it.

It's been a long time since I've been gaga over a new fragrance. I like heading to Sephora to check them out, but the past few times I've left uninspired and empty-handed.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely earthy Cacharel Eden on casual Friday :lickout:

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock
Chanel no. 19 extrait & EdP.

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock
ckrickett|1474583788|4079705 said:
I just did a count of all the new fragrances Ive purchased in the past few weeks. yikes!

I totally know that feeling! :lol: Usually the ones I buy are 'new to me' vintage or pre-reformulation, &/or 'back up bottles' of my favorites that I find online. I've been pretty good lately...'shopping' my stash. For years, I've been half-trying to narrow my inventory down to a roster of 'signatures'. I'd love to eventually have like only 5-7 fragrances.

The whole idea of having a one-and-only signature perfume seems amazing and still out of reach! I know that if I absolutely had to choose , it would be Chanel No. 19 or Lutens' Iris Silver Mist but it's been so much fun to have a sort of 'library.' The downside is knowing there's just more perfume than you'll ever everrrr possibly use. :doh: Also the idea of moving house is a reality check too. We might be moving back to Europe next year so I'll definitely have to streamline my collection. :???: Fewer bottles to fret over.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
VoldeNuit|1474663497|4080085 said:
ckrickett|1474583788|4079705 said:
I just did a count of all the new fragrances Ive purchased in the past few weeks. yikes!

I totally know that feeling! :lol: Usually the ones I buy are 'new to me' vintage or pre-reformulation, &/or 'back up bottles' of my favorites that I find online. I've been pretty good lately...'shopping' my stash. For years, I've been half-trying to narrow my inventory down to a roster of 'signatures'. I'd love to eventually have like only 5-7 fragrances.

The whole idea of having a one-and-only signature perfume seems amazing and still out of reach! I know that if I absolutely had to choose , it would be Chanel No. 19 or Lutens' Iris Silver Mist but it's been so much fun to have a sort of 'library.' The downside is knowing there's just more perfume than you'll ever everrrr possibly use. :doh: Also the idea of moving house is a reality check too. We might be moving back to Europe next year so I'll definitely have to streamline my collection. :???: Fewer bottles to fret over.

I just moved all my fragrances over, and I have like 50 bottles. I just added Le Labo Baei Rose, Lalique Le Perfume Tom Ford Jasmine Rouge, Tom Ford Arabian Wood, Roja Enslaved, Creed fleurissimo, Maison Francis Kurkdjian La Rose, the rose one from Lousi Vuitton (name escapes me) and a few other ones I forget to my collection!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Also does anyone have experience with Kilian Fragrances. I really want to see/experience Imperial Tea, I have a feeling I will end up owning that

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1474679548|4080159 said:
Also does anyone have experience with Kilian Fragrances. I really want to see/experience Imperial Tea, I have a feeling I will end up owning that

I thought it was fresh and bright. I generally love jamsine but I would have liked a a tad less of it and would have appreciated a more amped up tea note. Base notes are awesome. You could def. pick up the oakmoss!! I also felt it didn't last long enough, but, at the time I was in Massachusetts so the experience may be a lot different in Florida. Worth trying.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I went to try it today and it was so thick with Jasmine, I loved it! I walked around with it on for a few hours and it had good lasting power on me, I ended up picket it up, and also forbidden Garden (I think thats the name, has the white bottle) I have to say Kilians packaging is top notch!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Also todays FOTD was Rose Essentielle from Bvlgari. One of my favorite rose scents

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its evening and restarted with Comme Des Garcons Daphne. Totally discontinued so will savor my itty bitty bottle :( can't lie, nicked another off ebay few days ago :tongue: ) but when its gone its gone.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Today's aqua de Parma iris noble. It's beautiful. I love Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge. Creed royal Mayfair love acier aluminum. Jordan amalfi. Fleurissimo. Bond No. 9 saks fifth ave I love my collection. I've wrecked my son. He is a Creed snob. I can't tell you how many bottles he has, but he sure smells good!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Two weeks holiday started today with Joy. Simply divine and always so cool. One and only parfum from Jean Patou I have ever had.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gem Queen|1474858212|4080746 said:
Today's aqua de Parma iris noble. It's beautiful. I love Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge. Creed royal Mayfair love acier aluminum. Jordan amalfi. Fleurissimo. Bond No. 9 saks fifth ave I love my collection. I've wrecked my son. He is a Creed snob. I can't tell you how many bottles he has, but he sure smells good!

I love Iris Noble.. :love:

I tried JR which is nice, but I also got a Jasmine oil from Hawaii for a fraction of that. That is some beautiful stuff!!

Today I'm wearing Haute Parfums Chocolate Wasted and its exactly what you think!! This is no Milkyway, this is deep dark elegant chocolate. Not as sweet as I feared either.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
classic today, Coco by Chanel, one of my absolute favorites

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Gem Queen|1474858212|4080746 said:

have you tried Acqua Fiorentina from Creed, it is so beautiful! I ended up buying one of the big decanters, and Jasmin Rouge is a favorite as well!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to find a fragrance similar to the SJP Lovely that has been discontinued. I do not like very strong or overpowering scents and too much floral, soapy, or citrus is not good. My husband liked Lovely and I have not found anything I like as much.

This is the description of it:

It opens with soft citruses (nectarine and bergamot) and woody (rosewood) notes, with a touch of lavender, which is very discrete and not at all sharp. The fragrance develops further with notes of apple martini, white daffodil and orchid. The base unites white amber, cedar, woody notes and white musk.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1474912094|4080940 said:
I would love to find a fragrance similar to the SJP Lovely that has been discontinued. I do not like very strong or overpowering scents and too much floral, soapy, or citrus is not good. My husband liked Lovely and I have not found anything I like as much.

It opens with soft citruses (nectarine and bergamot) and woody (rosewood) notes, with a touch of lavender, which is very discrete and not at all sharp. The fragrance develops further with notes of apple martini, white daffodil and orchid. The base unites white amber, cedar, woody notes and white musk.

Redwood, you can still find it on ebay. beautyspin.com also has it (have purchased from them, its a legit site)

According to Fragrantica.com Narciso Rodriguez for Her is similar as well as Tocca Cleopatra (have never tried this)

NRH is musky to me. I have vague memories of SJP unfortunately. Would suggest trying NRH to see if its close to it though.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1474916078|4080965 said:

Redwood, you can still find it on ebay. beautyspin.com also has it (have purchased from them, its a legit site)

According to Fragrantica.com Narciso Rodriguez for Her is similar as well as Tocca Cleopatra (have never tried this)

NRH is musky to me. I have vague memories of SJP unfortunately. Would suggest trying NRH to see if its close to it though.

Thanks! Do you think these are genuine and maybe new-old stock? Does fragrance spoil after an extended period of time? I will see about the NRH. I do like musky much more than floral or citrus but some can be too deep or even manly. LOL.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ya'll! I don't have a fragrance to add, but I do have an etiquette question...

Recently, we were sitting behind an older lady at church, and I became obsessed with her perfume! I mean, it was like I couldn't get enough because it was divine! I guess my question is... Is it considered impolite to ask her the name of her lovely fragrance? I don't want to be awkward, and I certainly don't want to appear as if I have no social etiquette -- but I keep kicking myself for not just asking! :wall: Our church is pretty large, so it's unlikely I'll encounter her (and her perfume) again. ::) :blackeye: But, in the event I do, is a question such as this socially acceptable?

Thanks, ladies! :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1474916864|4080971 said:
Hey ya'll! I don't have a fragrance to add, but I do have an etiquette question...

Recently, we were sitting behind an older lady at church, and I became obsessed with her perfume! I mean, it was like I couldn't get enough because it was divine! I guess my question is... Is it considered impolite to ask her the name of her lovely fragrance? I don't want to be awkward, and I certainly don't want to appear as if I have no social etiquette -- but I keep kicking myself for not just asking! :wall: Our church is pretty large, so it's unlikely I'll encounter her (and her perfume) again. ::) :blackeye: But, in the event I do, is a question such as this socially acceptable?

I think it's appropriate, especially if you start with a compliment! One time, a woman leaned in to greet me hello and exclaimed, "You smell delicious! What are you wearing?" which made me laugh, because I was wearing - "Be Delicious"! :dance:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1474916481|4080969 said:

Thanks! Do you think these are genuine and maybe new-old stock? Does fragrance spoil after an extended period of time? I will see about the NRH. I do like musky much more than floral or citrus but some can be too deep or even manly. LOL.

They're genuine. Likely older stock considering its discontinued...which can mean that you may get a box that has dings or whatever, but IMO the juice is the most important. Its one of the places I got a fair number of fragrances from. Fragrance CAN spoil, but these days the mainstream stuff is not exactly natural anymore, so keeps a lot longer if its a stable mix to begin with. I've got a few from the 1960's that because they were stored well, still smell fantastic. And I've also had some that I bought from a department store that because some of the materials weren't the most stable, degraded even though I bought them new.

I sadly have over 70 bottles. so um.. yeah. :oops:

Anyway if online freaks you out a little you can also try locally at TJMaxx or Marshalls. I've seen Lovely there before, but don't remember seeing it recently (I was just there yesterday...lol)

JSP won't have as many natural components as some others, so you'd be fine.

Also, Try Bottega Veneta's line of perfumes. You may not like the flagship fume if you don't really like suede, but Bottega Veneta Eau Legere and Essence Aromatique sounds like they're up your alley. (neimans I believe has this line if you have one near you)

Still, try NR and see what you think! Its pretty much a crowd favorite.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1474917300|4080973 said:
msop04|1474916864|4080971 said:

I think it's appropriate, especially if you start with a compliment! One time, a woman leaned in to greet me hello and exclaimed, "You smell delicious! What are you wearing?" which made me laugh, because I was wearing - "Be Delicious"! :dance:

Thanks, PB! Gosh, I wish I'd asked!! UGH!!! :wall: :wall: :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1474919974|4080978 said:
redwood66|1474916481|4080969 said:

They're genuine. Likely older stock considering its discontinued...which can mean that you may get a box that has dings or whatever, but IMO the juice is the most important. Its one of the places I got a fair number of fragrances from. Fragrance CAN spoil, but these days the mainstream stuff is not exactly natural anymore, so keeps a lot longer if its a stable mix to begin with. I've got a few from the 1960's that because they were stored well, still smell fantastic. And I've also had some that I bought from a department store that because some of the materials weren't the most stable, degraded even though I bought them new.

I sadly have over 70 bottles. so um.. yeah. :oops:

Anyway if online freaks you out a little you can also try locally at TJMaxx or Marshalls. I've seen Lovely there before, but don't remember seeing it recently (I was just there yesterday...lol)

JSP won't have as many natural components as some others, so you'd be fine.

Also, Try Bottega Veneta's line of perfumes. You may not like the flagship fume if you don't really like suede, but Bottega Veneta Eau Legere and Essence Aromatique sounds like they're up your alley. (neimans I believe has this line if you have one near you)

Still, try NR and see what you think! Its pretty much a crowd favorite.

Thank you so much!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redwood, I've had scents last for up to 10 years when kept in a cool dark place.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1474933918|4081079 said:
Redwood, I've had scents last for up to 10 years when kept in a cool dark place.

Good to know. Thank you!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Wanted something bright and fun today, so Creeds Acqua Fiorentina fit the bill! <3

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I wore vintage parfum Pierre Balmain Jolie Madam. Sometimes it smells a bit like leather, violets and a little bit of doobage :lol: Love love LOVE this particular perfume. Loathe to use it because when its gone its gone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put on the wrong perfume for the day ...lol it happens. Today's perfume is Amouage Memoir Woman. A bit heavy but still lovely.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is Louis Vuitton Rose De Verts. I love the Bulgarian rose mixed with cedar!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1475174253|4082072 said:
I put on the wrong perfume for the day ...lol it happens. Today's perfume is Amouage Memoir Woman. A bit heavy but still lovely.

I have been interested in this one, how is it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results