shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on CVB pendant CADs

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
2]_1333.png[/attachment]I wrote a few days ago about my just under 8mm L colored diamond OEC that is now in a vintage setting. I realized I don't have interest in wearing a solitaire that isn't my engagement ring so I want to put it in a pendant and rock it often! I am attaching the CADs of the pendant that Caysie designed based on her Astrid setting. I have never looked at a CAD before so any comments or suggestions you have would be welcome. The pendant will have a fixed chain, brushed 18k yellow gold with rhodium around the bezel and inner part of the basket (not sure that is the correct term for where the diamond sits) so the yellow of the metal doesn't influence the stone color. Not sure of the type of chain yet. Thanks!

_1335.png

_1333.png

_1334.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lve and adore this it is perfect.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
2 change: No fixed chain.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
You all are so nice! Thanks for the input! I think I need more milgrain than is on the CAD. Here is the picture of the Astrid ring. I think I want it to look more like this. What do you think? Should I not worry about that part now? Caysie recommended the fixed chain because she thinks it will stay down with the weight of the pendant and the stone and is worried the clasp will be at the front constantly.

_1336.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok go with Caysie's recommendation on chain.

Milgrain is a finishing detail applied at the end. Not part of CAD process. You can have her add as much as you want later.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect choice, love it!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for all the help! I think I have 2 more questions. Caysie talked about doing rhodium on the inside of the bezel somththe yellow gold wouldn't influence the color of the diamond but the part of the bezel you see straight on from the front would still be yellow gold. The other option is make it in 14k WG/palladium (I think platinum would be too gray). I am attaching the cads with both colors. Thoughts/opinions please! Also, I want a chain that is sturdy but not too disco for a this piece. Caysie suggested bead and bar style. Any thoughts on that? I also have no chain expertise! Thx

_1339.png

_1340.png

_1341.png

_1342.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like just plating the interior.

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I love Astrid as a pendant! What a great idea!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous! I like the white metal for the bezel or just the interior. If she suggested platinum, go with her recommendation. Platinum is not gray!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Don't have any suggestions abt the pendent but can't wait to see photos/neck shots!!!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
It is going to be stunning! Confirm that if the pendant does not stay put, she will fix it at no charge. It will be quite expensive to insure and mail back. I like that mine moves, yes the clasp has to be adjusted during the day, but I don't mind. As far as the chain, a bar and ball sound pretty. You might need one that is around 1.5mm wide. It is going to be a substantial setting and you don't want a flimsy chain. Have her take photos so you can see the scale of the different widths and styles. It is best to show it on or in a hand so you can get a better idea. Photos of just the pendant, with a chain, won't help.
I can't wait to see you wearing it, take lots of photos.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to NonieMarie, bright ice, IE_princess, DS, Gypsy, 16ocean and artdecolover71 for taking time to help me with this project! I just wanted to give a quick update. I decided to do the pendant in 18k yellow gold with the inside ot the setting that will,reflect on the diamond plated with rhodium per Caysie's recommendation. She is going to finish the pendant and then give me a few recommendations with pictures for chain but I am leaning toward bar/ball. I will post pics when I can. I am excited! Thx again! :dance:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lilysweet, Your pendant design is absolutely gorgeous :love:
I'm working on a pendant too but ...Yours is going to be wonderful. Wow! I can't wait to see the photos of you wearing it, I'm sure you're going to love it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd do a bead chain.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
I like a bead chain as well. It seems a bit heavier and isn't too flashy. I want the pendant to be the star by itself. Any issues with a bead chain on a fixed pendant? I have never had one. Thx'

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It works great. I used to have one of my pendants fixed on one. I had a 1 mm one, it was nice and delicate. You can also get a 1.2mm one.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I have a quick update and another question. I received my pendant on the bead/bar chain from Caysie. To me, the pendant is perfect for my stone. I love it! :appl: I am a bit hesitant on the chain still. It is 1.5mm. It is flashier than I am used to but really so is the pendant. She gave it a brushed finish which is different from the original pics and that has helped me a lot. The chain is slightly faceted I think which makes it sparkle more than I am used to. She is willing to switch it to a bead only chain if I decide to change it. Can you let me know what you think? I just got the necklace yesterday and all of my neck shots are horrifying to me! I will try to get better pics with someone wearing it. If you have any tips for taking those photos, please pass them on! I could use the help! In the meantime here is a shot Caysie took and it is also on her Facebook page. Thanks for any input!

_1454.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is glorious.

If you want to switch out the chain do it.

You should feel comfortable with it.

Q

Queenie60

It's beautiful. If you are not comfortable with the chain you should switch it out. Love the brushed gold. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the pendant is gorgeous! :love: If I were making that design, I would choose a 1.5mm cable chain like the CADs.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much Gypsy, Queenie60 and DS! I am in love! :love: Caysie thought it needed something other than a cable chain because the pendant is substantial. I think she said it is 13mm. Sarraf has a diamond bead chain that I think is more simple in appearance but would be substantial enough at 1.5mm to work,with the pendant but not compete with it if that makes sense. I will go to look at a few styles locally in the next few days and see if anything jumps out at me or if I get used to it the way it is. Your feedback is so helpful!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I really really love it the way it is - the whole thing is just divine - but I can understand where you are coming from regarding the chain. I like the idea of a bead chain.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! We definitely need neck shots!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results