shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone live in DUBLIN? Has anyone heard from TRAVELINGGAL?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Anyone live in DUBLIN? Has anyone heard from TRAVELINGG

Deco, I don't have an email addy for Mara, but I believe she's on FB and I'm pretty sure TGal could hook you guys up from what I know of PS FB-ers. I found her on Twitter by (happy) accident but can't remember her handle there.

TGal, hey you! I, too, was astonished that A is in 3rd grade already and is so tall. I think about you frequently, mainly when I'm contemplating having another kid for the nth time. I have one daughter myself now (she recently turned 4), and I'm pretty sure we're done. I remember your comments in a "One and Done" thread from (apparently) long ago. Soooo, yeah, life is good. I remarried in 2011, my husband and I just opened another business this summer, and to bring this comment to a point, I don't think I want to go through the first year of having a baby again while running a new business. The fam feels complete to us. Good to see you around again, even if the visit is temporary!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen|1472728769|4072183 said:
DF, I would ask if you are behaving yourself, but from lurking I can see that you're not. :Up_to_something: ;))
I think you meant Kenny?... :wink2:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Hey Deco!

Well if you come to Europe- then Welcome! We moved here about 3 years ago and have loved it. We have done over 30 countries and have truly enjoyed the expat experience! We travel as often as possible because for the most part is cheap and easy (Ryan Air, I have actually booked a roundtrip flight for $2, which is insane!) We do Dublin often, in fact I'm going this week with a friend for a night to just do some shopping and eat some pub food.

Let me know if you have any questions. You can probably find me through LT- I think I still have some old postings up there.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

I can't believe I missed both Deco and TGal! I have got to lurk more often . . .

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ha, hi Holly! How's life? :wavey:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

LAJennifer|1472760118|4072356 said:
This thread makes me smile. It is like 2006 all over again. Hi, everybody! :wavey:
Wow LA Jennifer! Can't believe all the faces still here! How are you as well??

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

monarch64|1472777050|4072424 said:
Deco, I don't have an email addy for Mara, but I believe she's on FB and I'm pretty sure TGal could hook you guys up from what I know of PS FB-ers. I found her on Twitter by (happy) accident but can't remember her handle there.

TGal, hey you! I, too, was astonished that A is in 3rd grade already and is so tall. I think about you frequently, mainly when I'm contemplating having another kid for the nth time. I have one daughter myself now (she recently turned 4), and I'm pretty sure we're done. I remember your comments in a "One and Done" thread from (apparently) long ago. Soooo, yeah, life is good. I remarried in 2011, my husband and I just opened another business this summer, and to bring this comment to a point, I don't think I want to go through the first year of having a baby again while running a new business. The fam feels complete to us. Good to see you around again, even if the visit is temporary!

Well, I will say that SO FAR, I don't regret being a one child family one bit. But Amelia has always been vocal about NOT wanting a sibling. I think if you feel your family is complete, then there's your answer. I don't doubt that big families are a wonderful thing, but our family has felt complete the day that Amelia came into our lives. Then we had a pregnancy scare a few years ago and I KNEW I did not want another child. It had nothing to do with the other circumstances in my life (work, etc)I just did not want another kid. In some ways, that's probably selfish, but I know TGuy and myself...we aren't really "natural" parents and we're doing the best we can do even parent ONE kid. It wouldn't have been fair to bring another into our family!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hiiii!!! I had like three people remind me to check in on this thread (oops) and then like TG I had to remember my password. :lol:

Deco! MWAH MWAH. So good to see you :love: ! Looove hearing about your exciting move! DOOOO IT (though actually I have heard some rather interesting things about Ireland which make me think I'd never move there BUTTTTT whatever I'm sure its fine :lol: !). We moved cross country to PA a few years ago which only took us like 10 years to pull the trigger on; and are living a crazy adventurous life since doing so.. totally no regrets at all though I do miss my family and friends in CA--but we get over a few times a year to visit.

We also bought a legit FARM and I started a flower farm! Definitely not something I'd ever thought I'd say (along with 'there are chickens on my patio!') but I've gardened for so many years and we bought this giant property with this gorgeous 1830's brick house and Greg was like 'umm what will we do with this all' so of course why not just start a flower business. I mean no big deal. We are both still working regular jobs, but the business is the labor of love and so far the support locally has been fantastic-we're growing leaps and bounds each year. I'm perpetually exhausted but its all worth it and hopefully in our golden years we'll have built something that can help sustain us.

And my son is in first grade!! I adore him but man is he Mr Sass. Greg says it's karma coming back to bite me in the ass but what does he know? :saint: It's crazy seeing how old all the PS kiddos are getting and watching all these babies grow up. PS days are like golden memories now. I barely have time to wade through my mountains of emails between the farm, the job, being mom and wife. Text and Instagram is almost the only way to reach me now haha.

PLEASE dig out that old email and drop me a note so that I do have your info just in case.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MARA MARA MARA MARA !!!! Soooo good to hear that you and your fab family are doing well and that all of you are healthy and happy. Can't believe you moved to my home state. After an absence of 30 years, I've gone back to Pittsburgh these past 2 summers to visit family and it was very...interesting.

Always knew you were a flower child so I'm sure growing them as a business is perfect for you. Wishing you all the best for future health, wealth, and happiness.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Matata|1473294913|4074207 said:
MARA MARA MARA MARA !!!! Soooo good to hear that you and your fab family are doing well and that all of you are healthy and happy. Can't believe you moved to my home state. After an absence of 30 years, I've gone back to Pittsburgh these past 2 summers to visit family and it was very...interesting.

Always knew you were a flower child so I'm sure growing them as a business is perfect for you. Wishing you all the best for future health, wealth, and happiness.

Matata! Mwah! Haha we are outside of Philly, I adore the city. It's rough around the edges but so real. And I love that we are so close to NYC! I haven't gotten up there as much lately but it's just 1.5 hours on train which is amazing. Living where we do is def interesting, it's very rural but only an hour from Philly and so you can easily get a taste of so many cultures even 15-20min in any direction. Our neighbors and the area is great, it's so wonderful for my son, and he has playmates just literally through our property to the next so we got super lucky!

Overall I can easily see how people who are raised in an area like this are dying to leave but for us and me especially being raised in CA, coming out here is like a balm to my soul. I soak it in every day! I joke that my son will be dying to move to CA once he graduates HS and it'll be like some weird circle of life haha.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I definitely get the appeal of the rural lifestyle. I couldn't wait to get away from Pgh which was a gritty coal and steel town when I was growing up. Pgh has transformed itself though, and I wouldn't mind moving back now. It's a nice mix of country and city.

My stepson is in the music biz in NYC and we usually travel back every Oct for a long weekend visit. He and his girlfriend are paying a fortune for an apartment that's about the size of my foyer and office -- and it's spacious by NY standards. I pretty much go there to eat LOL. Soooo many fabulous restaurants awaiting discovery. I love all of the culture that the city has to offer but could not live there. The noise and crowds aren't for me anymore. Portland OR is a 1 hr flight from us and we go there every couple months for shopping and eating blitzes and happily return to our little town that celebrated the opening of Trader Joe's as though it were a world changing event.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1473263034|4074087 said:
Ha, hi Holly! How's life? :wavey:

I'm doing really well. Hubby's also fine. I'm not here much these days, but I lurk every now and then.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results