shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage diamond link bracelet- help with identification?

Kellyashley16

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
I have a beautiful vintage diamond bracelet that was a gift from my grandmother (I am guessing 1945-1950 is when she received it). It has individual links that were purchased sequentially I believe for the births of her children. The bracelet needs two more (or 3 more) links to complete the circle, and is currently attached with a snake chain and clasp. The clasp says 1/20 GF but there are no other markings on the links themselves.
I have done lots of Internet footwork to try and determine maker and would like to find additional links to compete the bracelet, which may be a tall order. Around that time period, Jabel made similar linked bracelets but I couldn't find the same one. All of theirs also have GF clasps, which I can only assume is because they were maybe meant to be temporary as the rest of the bracelets were 18k.
The bracelet is heavy and the diamonds are beautiful; the smaller ones look like single cuts to me (I don't know about the larger ones.) I know this particular item was pricey when it was purchased; I don't know much else about it.
If anyone has information about possible makers or can confirm time frame, or anything else helpful, I would greatly appreciate it!

_5463.jpeg

_5464.jpeg

_1357.png

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be a nigh impossible to find more of the exact same links. You could replace the gold filled chain section with a diamond tennis bracelet or you could also consider an antique or vintage watch bracelet. Sometimes you can find them by themselves, otherwise still attached to a watch which may or may not be working. You could remove the watch head and just use the bracelet part. It's very beautiful.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely bracelet!

This company seems to have specialized in add-a-link bracelets. You might want to check with them, just in case. Even if they didn't (or no longer) carry this particular style, they might be able to help you with a more elegant permanent closure.

http://www.kasparesh.com/overview/

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The bracelet is gorgeous!

My advice if you want to complete the bracelet with the exact same links would be to find a *really* good bench locally who could remove one section, unset the stones, cast it for you in as many pieces as necessary, reset and reattach the originals, and then follow suit with the repro additions. I've had mine do it for me, and it's come out beautifully!

Kellyashley16

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the suggestions and replies. I will have to find a bench in my area I trust as that sounds like an operator-dependent type of task!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results