shape
carat
color
clarity

What Hillary is Hiding

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While some of these things may happen to all of us, we are not running for President of the United States. Her health is a legitimate concern given the things that have happened to her the past few years. She is 68 years old and the grueling daily requirements for the president are extreme, not to mention the stress. Just look at how former presidents age over a 4 or 8 year term. Even if they start out relatively young. All of these same comments pertain to Trump also. He is no spring chicken either at 70.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1473618890|4075201 said:
While some of these things may happen to all of us, we are not running for President of the United States. Her health is a legitimate concern given the things that have happened to her the past few years. She is 68 years old and the grueling daily requirements for the president are extreme, not to mention the stress. Just look at how former presidents age over a 4 or 8 year term. Even if they start out relatively young. All of these same comments pertain to Trump also. He is no spring chicken either at 70.

Yes I agree.. We had Reagan http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/worrying-about-reagan these are all legitimate to talk about.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
A commercial pilot cannot fly a plane after a certain age.

And I believe police and fire personnel have to retire.

Do you feel there should be a cut off age for running for President?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they should be required to submit to a full physical examination by an approved independent doctor that includes all the necessary blood work, etc. A statement from your personal doctor is not enough. The public does not need to see the actual results as a summary or declaration would be enough. More detailed than our military, police, and other jobs require but along the same lines. This is quite job interview they are undertaking and their health is an important part of it.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I think they should be required to submit to a full physical examination by an approved independent doctor that includes all the necessary blood work, etc. A statement from your personal doctor is not enough.

Yes, but as we age aren't we more susceptible to certain illnesses. So we may be fine today but what about 4 or 8 years from now?

And even if they check out fine, do people 67 and 70 have the stamina to take on such a responsibility?

Personally I do not believe Hillary is ill. But she is 67. And unless you have super genes, at that age you just cannot do what you did when you were in your 40s.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I have not thought much of the coughing issue because I have heard so many possible explanations that seem plausible. This incident is concerning, however.

Yes, she could have gotten overheated, I suppose. I am hypothyroid as well and I have had a terrible time getting my meds & treatment dialed in so I know how challenging hypothyroidism is to treat correctly. And I am very sensitive to heat. From what I have read, it wasn't that warm there this morning. If it was a heat issue, why in the world didn't she immediately remove her jacket? As someone who deals with this issue, I know you have a very short timespan in which to cool off before things escalate. Also, I have never had an issue outdoors. Fresh air and even just a little breeze makes a big difference so it is surprising to me that this happened outdoors. Everyone has different responses to things but I have a few family members who deal with this issue and none have had a fainting incident outdoors, always indoors. Also, she seems to be propped up as she waits for that van so this was a lengthy episode. Fainting is typically a fairly quick incident. You feel it coming on. You faint. You awaken.

If it was due to heat, there is nothing anyone could have done to keep me from removing my jacket immediately. That feeling of knowing you are going to faint is so miserable and uncomfortable. You do whatever you have to do to make it stop. No one removed her jacket. No one was giving her something cold to drink. When you deal with this issue, you are always aware of the temperature and you are always prepared.

What a mess we are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if it could have been low blood pressure or even low sugar.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Both Ruby and Purple make good points, imo.

I'm concerned that both candidates are old. Trump appears to have boundless energy, but that could change quickly, and Clinton appears to already have one foot on a banana peel.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1473620864|4075220 said:
A commercial pilot cannot fly a plane after a certain age.

And I believe police and fire personnel have to retire.

Do you feel there should be a cut off age for running for President?

Well, when Hillary is 68, Donald is 70, and Bernie is 75, um yeah, I think maybe we need to think about that idea. Look at the aging you can see in all of the presidents who served 8 years.

I saw the video of Hillary this morning. Clearly someone was holding her up before she collapsed. Temp was 79 and humidity 54%. Something definitely of concern here.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/11/493505672/clinton-felt-overheated-left-early-from-sept-11-commemoration

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
ruby59 said:

Good point. Definitely a possibility. I have to watch for this too but it is something that is pretty easily regulated. My son, who is only 15, has to be careful of a drop in blood sugar and has been monitoring his own dietary needs for a few years now. He knows he can't live on junk food/empty carbs like most teenage boys. Again, something that is fairly easily managed. If she is prone to this, why isn't there something readily available for her to eat? She has an entire team of assistants, handlers, security. Wouldn't someone have the basics on hand if it were that simple? I would hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
My youngest who is in college sometimes for gets to eat when she is very busy.

She does not get hungry, but if she waits to long she legs light headed.

And as a diabetic, I have to remember never to go more then 4 hours because I get the shakes and double vision.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1473638455|4075315 said:

"Later Sunday evening, the campaign released a statement from Clinton’s personal physician Lisa Bardack, who said Clinton was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday after the doctor evaluated her cough.'

Then she's had pneumonia for years.... So, we can now expect the cough to go away.

I sincerely hope she gets over whatever is ailing her.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1473625985|4075247 said:

That was my first thought also. I've had incidents that might have been heat exhaustion or hypoglycemia - the symptoms are very similar. In both of my incidents it was sudden onset and made me feel very ill and unstable, but getting something to eat and drink, and sitting down for awhile, took care of it quickly.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have said she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday. Sounds like she needs to rest and recover.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
So, first they say she was overheated and now they say it's pneumonia :confused: Why not just come out and say she was diagnosed with pneumonia? It breeds more confusion, mistrust, etc.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen|1473639236|4075322 said:

"Later Sunday evening, the campaign released a statement from Clinton’s personal physician Lisa Bardack, who said Clinton was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday after the doctor evaluated her cough.'

Then she's had pneumonia for years.... So, we can now expect the cough to go away.

Have you ever experienced pneumonia? I ask because those coughs don't just "go away". My first go round with it I didn't even know I had it. I thought it was allergies, as did my doctors. That is until I passed out one day and found myself in the ER damn near dead.

She like many as they get older are susceptible to getting pneumonia. Weakened immune systems are the pits, and she's on the campaign trail around a whole lotta folks. But there are MANY people walking around with pneumonia, some not even knowing until its too late. I got lucky because I had a pretty viscous cough for nearly 3 months and I ignored it. I never did that again, let me tell you.

pneumonia takes time to get over. But these days if caught early enough its not the death sentence conspiracy theorists are making it out to be.

I don't doubt she'll be just fine. She's made her deal with devil (as has Trump), and she's got an election to win so no worries there. Ol girl is tough as nails.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
MH, that's how Hillary rolls.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1473643325|4075353 said:
So, first they say she was overheated and now they say it's pneumonia :confused: Why not just come out and say she was diagnosed with pneumonia? It breeds more confusion, mistrust, etc.

I have had pneumonia 3X in the last few years.. Once on a cruise after a week long tour of Spain, once in New Zealand after a week on a cruise ship crusing thru NZ and AUS, and once after a trip to Maine to visit friends, I had a 103 fever then, all involved travel... I coughed and coughed and coughed through Spain, it was horrible.. It makes you very hot when your fever spikes.. All 3 times my physician(s) gave me steroid, antibiotics, inhaler and the last time I was given codeine cough syrup, as i said to my sons - Mom's leanin'! doing her sizzurp! they do sometimes think I'm funny... all 3 times I had either been flying and out of the country or traveling throughout the USA.. all 3x my husband got nothing.. on the NZ cruise 3/4 of the ship was sick.. when I returned from my last trip I went to my physician and begged for the pneumonia vaccine - since I was under 65 I had to pay for it myself... so far I've not had pneumonia and have travelled to Austin a few times, but I've not flown and cruised in a while, next year.. we shall see. McCain had melanoma, no one questioned him.. he did release a lot of his records, but Trump has released nothing other than a letter, at least Clinton has released her tests. Trump takes cholesteral lowering drugs... no one's perfect, the great Reagan fell off a horse and had a clot in his brain.. old people.. as far as we know, Obama has never been sick (that we know).. when you get older, you get sicker.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1473647354|4075375 said:

I have had pneumonia 3X in the last few years.. Once on a cruise after a week long tour of Spain, once in New Zealand after a week on a cruise ship crusing thru NZ and AUS, and once after a trip to Maine to visit friends, I had a 103 fever then, all involved travel... I coughed and coughed and coughed through Spain, it was horrible.. It makes you very hot when your fever spikes.. All 3 times my physician(s) gave me steroid, antibiotics, inhaler and the last time I was given codeine cough syrup, as i said to my sons - Mom's leanin'! doing her sizzurp! they do sometimes think I'm funny... all 3 times I had either been flying and out of the country or traveling throughout the USA.. all 3x my husband got nothing.. on the NZ cruise 3/4 of the ship was sick.. when I returned from my last trip I went to my physician and begged for the pneumonia vaccine - since I was under 65 I had to pay for it myself... so far I've not had pneumonia and have travelled to Austin a few times, but I've not flown and cruised in a while, next year.. we shall see. McCain had melanoma, no one questioned him.. he did release a lot of his records, but Trump has released nothing other than a letter, at least Clinton has released her tests. Trump takes cholesteral lowering drugs... no one's perfect, the great Reagan fell off a horse and had a clot in his brain.. old people.. as far as we know, Obama has never been sick (that we know).. when you get older, you get sicker.

If you have asthma, they'll pay for the shot...ask me how I know :tongue: Considering you got it so often you should be in the at risk category. Maybe by the time you need a booster?

But I did indeed laugh at the sizzurp line. I can't unfortunately take the stuff (allergic!) I got other stuff that wasn't as fun however. I didn't end up with fevers (at least to my knowledge) until I had it for a while. That never made sense to me. It also never made sense I used to always get it in summer either.

Mr Obama smoked.and fell off the wagon (hey it happens!) because he was younger I think its the reason why[his health] never came into question.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1473645663|4075365 said:
Ellen|1473639236|4075322 said:

Have you ever experienced pneumonia? I ask because those coughs don't just "go away". My first go round with it I didn't even know I had it. I thought it was allergies, as did my doctors. That is until I passed out one day and found myself in the ER damn near dead.

She like many as they get older are susceptible to getting pneumonia. Weakened immune systems are the pits, and she's on the campaign trail around a whole lotta folks. But there are MANY people walking around with pneumonia, some not even knowing until its too late. I got lucky because I had a pretty viscous cough for nearly 3 months and I ignored it. I never did that again, let me tell you.

pneumonia takes time to get over. But these days if caught early enough its not the death sentence conspiracy theorists are making it out to be.

I don't doubt she'll be just fine. She's made her deal with devil (as has Trump), and she's got an election to win so no worries there. Ol girl is tough as nails.
Actually, I have indeed had walking pneumonia. Had it for a month before being diagnosed and lost 18 lbs. in that month (no appetite). And yes there was a good cough with it. But it did go away with antibiotics. It didn't go on for several years, as Hillary's cough has....

Look, I have come to understand these people lie (BOTH sides). ALL the time. I frankly rarely believe anything they say, as they have proven themselves time and again. If anyone expects her camp to come out and say she is seriously ill (and to tell you what with), you can quit expecting, they're not going to do it. Not unless she is literally on deaths door, as that would be political suicide.

But again, as a human being, I do hope she recovers from whatever is going on.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Yes, I get it and I don't spite Hillary for having pneumonia. My point was why lie about the condition of her health? Sure, any candidate could have health issues, but that doesn't change the fact that her campaign added to the confusion by making two different statements about the fainting incident. That has nothing to do with other candidates and their health because yes, they are all susceptible to illness/poor health. I'd question ANY candidate who had this type of issue.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1473617173|4075196 said:
missy|1473504231|4074819 said:
I didn't read this whole thread so apologies for going off track but just reading the title I have to say I intensely dislike Hillary Clinton. She and her husband are criminals and horribly corrupt. I cannot believe our 2 choices for President and I am even more unhappy about it now if possible than I was a few months ago. Ugh. :nono:

My thoughts 150%, Missy!!!!

I am staying far away from these threads because I am sick of the whole thing, but I do need to say that I see far more negative posts on social media and here on Trump, but I believe HC is totally corrupt and everything else Missy said. I'd be very worried about the Clinton foundation and to whom she owes some payback. I extremely dislike Trump, too, but I think it is majorly naive to think he is more dangerous than the Clintons.

I do salute Anna for trying to bring some equality to the political situation by not just focusing on the problems with Trump. I will say that a friend coerced me to go see Hillary's America, and it was like a history lesson for me. See it if you haven't.

Thank you diamondseeker. And I agree with you and haven't been following most of these threads because I'm sick of the candidates and it makes me so depressed thinking about the future. I however am forcing myself to remain hopeful and to that end not reading or watching most of the news. I will check out your recommendation, thank you.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1473681998|4075473 said:

Yes, I get it and I don't spite Hillary for having pneumonia. My point was why lie about the condition of her health? Sure, any candidate could have health issues, but that doesn't change the fact that her campaign added to the confusion by making two different statements about the fainting incident. That has nothing to do with other candidates and their health because yes, they are all susceptible to illness/poor health. I'd question ANY candidate who had this type of issue.

lie? I dunno if I would classify it as such, but look, here we are talkin' 'bout Hillary's health, maybe that is why she keeps her health to herself, I mean every little minutia of her sneezing, coughing, fever, whatever is torn, dredged through the mud and dissected.. we are doing it here.. I don't blame her. It seems a several+ of her staff are also sick with this bug. Since I'm 63, had pneumonia 3x (actually more if we go back to when my boys were little but that was 20 years ago)... she has allergies, she either segued into pneumonia or has bacterial pneumonia.. I'm here (I hope :) ) I would think she will be here also.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Tekate|1473686341|4075497 said:

lie? I dunno if I would classify it as such, but look, here we are talkin' 'bout Hillary's health, maybe that is why she keeps her health to herself, I mean every little minutia of her sneezing, coughing, fever, whatever is torn, dredged through the mud and dissected.. we are doing it here.. I don't blame her. It seems a several+ of her staff are also sick with this bug. Since I'm 63, had pneumonia 3x (actually more if we go back to when my boys were little but that was 20 years ago)... she has allergies, she either segued into pneumonia or has bacterial pneumonia.. I'm here (I hope :) ) I would think she will be here also.

It's interesting how the tables have turned ;-)
Typically, every little thing Trump does or says is dredged through the mud and dissected :lol: And it's not that I care (I don't support Trump or Clinton), but the never-ending Trump dialogue gets old (even if he deserves some of it). Again, this isn't about Hillary. It's about a health issue and no matter which candidate was experiencing it, we'd still be talking about it. I do blame her (and her campaign) because it was a dumb move to put out conflicting statements. For Pete's sake, trust issues have been at the forefront of her entire campaign, so you'd be smart enough to avoid any confusion if given the opportunity :confused: So maybe it wasn't technically a lie (or maybe it was), but it was an inconsistency and that breeds more distrust, which is something that you'd think the Clinton campaign would want to avoid.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1473694024|4075524 said:
Tekate|1473686341|4075497 said:

It's interesting how the tables have turned ;-)
Typically, every little thing Trump does or says is dredged through the mud and dissected :lol: And it's not that I care (I don't support Trump or Clinton), but the never-ending Trump dialogue gets old (even if he deserves some of it). Again, this isn't about Hillary. It's about a health issue and no matter which candidate was experiencing it, we'd still be talking about it. I do blame her (and her campaign) because it was a dumb move to put out conflicting statements. For Pete's sake, trust issues have been at the forefront of her entire campaign, so you'd be smart enough to avoid any confusion if given the opportunity :confused: So maybe it wasn't technically a lie (or maybe it was), but it was an inconsistency and that breeds more distrust, which is something that you'd think the Clinton campaign would want to avoid.

How can she avoid it? it's her health? If she had said she had pneumonia then the press pounces on it, either way she was going to lose, it's a given.. I think the media would not pounce on Trump if he didn't say such outrageous things.. calling women pigs, fat, ugly, making fun of disabled people.. if he just shut up and spoke mostly about his polices he'd be in better shape. Unfortunately for Clinton, she has 30+ years of republicans slanting everything she has done, said or will do. She just needs to speak the issues.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As someone who has had pneumonia 3x in ONE year and is VERY susceptible to getting it again with just about any allergy/cold/bronchial illness I get, even after having the pneumonia vaccine - I am beyond disgusted that she would knowingly have this illness and risk exposing others to it, taking antibiotics or not, which would have barely had time to really be effective at preventing exposure if just diagnosed on Friday.

That memorial service was cramped to the gills, and there is no telling how many people were exposed thanks to her ... people who - like me - manage to get it more easily than others.

Just brings to the forefront another reason I don't/can't trust her - if she'll risk putting others' health directly at risk with her poor choices and insistence at hiding what was wrong with her, what/who else will she put at risk with her decision making, if elected?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results