shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your photos of nature, wildlife, etc.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to add some interesting info or explanation about why the 'stuff' (pollen?) on the bees legs are bright orange but the other bees, in the earlier photo, had pale yellow-coloured 'stuff' on their legs. But I'm not a bee expert. I think/guess that these are Carpenter Bees based on a quick google search. :read: :think:

BeeKeeperBetty, where are you???? :lol:

img_12599.jpg

img_12600.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pictures! I love all of the different bird shots =)

MrsMagpie

Rough_Rock
I'll play too! I think the peacock is my favorite, they're so vibrant!

_dsc2111_2.jpg

_dsc1783.jpg

_dsc1823.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jordy,

I apologise if you have seen this a bazillion times.

I just saw it and it made me laugh. I immediately then thought of you.

dolphins.jpg

Wink

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I actually haven't seen that before, that's hilarious!! The only time I get that nervous is when the shark is longer than my 15 foot runabout and they decide they want to try and eat my motor :lol:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Born on August 26, 2016 at the Philadelphia Zoo:
Honi, a western lowland gorilla, holds her newborn as the Philadelphia Zoo introduced its newest gorilla, born on Friday, Aug. 26.
(I did not take this picture.)

babygor.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I took this picture last month at the Oregon Zoo.

image-2150283827.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have had some fun playing with my new camera and have two new shots to share.

This Sun Flower was taken on a cloudy day with no discernable shadows, so the light is very flat.

sunflower_with_bees.jpg

This rose is one of my favorites, I call it "After the Rain". I love the way the red POPs against the darker greens.

after_the_rain.jpg

Hope you are all having a great labor day weekend.

Wink

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new additions are all wonderful! :love:

Thanks to each of you for sharing your wonderful photos! :appl:

MrsMagpie,

Hello! The peacock is stunning and I love your 'green on green' (salamander?) photo. The location in the third photo is lovely.

Madame Bijoux and amc80,

Those photos are so touching. The kind of thing that just makes me sit quietly admiring the wonderful creatures they feature. The idea of me sitting quietly would make a lot of people laugh. :))

Wink,

The flowers are gorgeous and the 'dolphins' photo made me burst out laughing!

I didn't plan on commenting on each photo, but I couldn't help myself. I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Once again, I've fallen behind on reviewing and sharing some photos. To quote Arnie, "I'll be back!"

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That peacock is gorgeous! Love its beautiful colors. :love:

Lovely photos everyone. Keep them coming :) This is one of my favorite threads on Hangout!

Here are a few from my recent trip back home to Canada.

Along the Sea-to-Sky Highway (Highway 99) from Vancouver to Whistler (British Columbia)
seaskyhighway.jpg

Whistler / Blackcomb
whistler2.jpg whistler.jpg
whistlerdeer.jpg

A couple photos of Vancouver urban art (does this count as photos of 'wildlife'? :cheeky: )

'Digital Orca' by Douglas Coupland (also fondly known as pixel whale) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Orca
pixelwhale.jpg

'The Birds' by Myfanwy MacLeod https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birds_(sculpture)
yvr.jpg

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'll have to start taking photos at some of the sites I've been going to, some areas are in places like valleys or old quarrys and the views are beautiful. I just get carried away drilling holes and checking for natural ground :roll:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is my latest addition...love the color of the clouds..taken in North Myrtle Beach last week:

p1070165.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swear I've got non-hummingbird photos! But first ... :angel:

img_12641.jpg

img_12642.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The hummingbirds will be leaving this area soon to head South. They aren't keen on spending their Winters in Canada.

img_12643.jpg

img_12644.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whenever one hummingbird sees another at one of the two feeders I have out, all heck breaks loose and there is a flash of colour as the new arrival chases off the one who had been dining. Sharing is out of the question? :rolleyes:

I managed to catch a photo of these two ladies (female Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds have white tips on the end of the tail feathers). The one in the lower right had finished feeding and was trying, unsuccessfully, to perch on the pole (the diameter of which was too large for her tiny feet). Suddenly, the lady in the top left appeared and we had the makings of a cat fight. Minus the cats.

img_12645.jpg

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
After spending 2 month's worth of weekends at my cabbing machine I decided it was probably time to hit the water, the weather was beautiful and there was a nice breeze. I also had a visit from a seal but couldn't get the camera out fast enough. Had a bit of a weird interaction with him as well, he kinda swam sideways off the back corner while blowing bubbles on the surface. I literally said 'what are ya doing ya bloody goose?!?!' to which he seemed to respond by doing a twisting dive, rolling his flippers up into the air.

Just goofin' off I suppose :lol:

20160911_104658.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful day Jordy.

What is that saying? The worst day fishing is better than the best day working?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I went out to the duck club earlier this week to see how things were looking. Was treated to a magnificent sunset.

duck_club_sunset.jpg

Wink

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
december, just wanted to tell you (and all the participants) how much I have enjoyed this thread! Thank you so much for starting it. :love:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
redwood66|1473604048|4075137 said:
Beautiful day Jordy.

What is that saying? The worst day fishing is better than the best day working?

That would be correct, my dad has a little sticker on the window in one of his cars with that quote on it :lol:

Hopefully early next year I will have some pics of some big, beautiful gamefish to post. They're all up north right now and I'm just waiting on the oceanic currents to start bringing them south :naughty:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Taken at the Denver Zoo

denver_zoo.png

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Also taken at the Denver Zoo. I have a lot of these but don't want to clog up the thread :bigsmile:

denver_zoo_1458.png

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just re-connected with an old fishing mate yesterday and he sent me some pics from a liveaboard trip we did a while ago on his boat. In the red corner is a 220lb flailing Jordy and in the 'deep blue' corner a 700lb Black Marlin that isn't quite tired yet. That line you see connecting us is a 600lb breaking strain fishing line, gotta know when to hold on tight or when to dump it all in one movement before you go for a swim!

fat_black.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen|1473615828|4075190 said:
december, just wanted to tell you (and all the participants) how much I have enjoyed this thread! Thank you so much for starting it. :love:

Thanks, Ellen. I started it for purely selfish reasons!

Its wonderful seeing everyone's photos of animals and scenes from around the world! PS'ers are the best!

Thanks everyone for sharing! :appl:

The latest additions are beautiful!

random thought, please share more of your terrific photos! We can never have too many animal or nature photos! Your giraffe photo had me laughing out loud! :lol:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Male Goldfinches

As they say, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

img_12681.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Female Goldfinch

Like all females, they don't appreciate having their photo taken while they're eating!

img_12682.jpg

img_12683.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought the water-filled center of my hummingbird feeders was to prevent ants from getting into the nectar. I was wrong.
Apparently, its a Black-Capped Chickadee drinking cup.

img_12684.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are various types of photos, including spontaneous photos and posed photos, as demonstrated below by this male Downy Woodpecker.

img_12685.jpg

img_12686.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to wean myself off of posting hummingbird photos. Its not easy, folks. :angel:

img_12687.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A colourful look at black and white. :))

In 1967, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II gave Ottawa, Canada's capital, a gift of six pairs of Mute Swans. These lovely white Royal swans were given to celebrate Canada's 100th birthday. In 1974, the city of Ottawa received its first pair of Australian Black Swans from a trade with the Montreal Zoo. The swans swim freely from about May until October/November. They are removed from the river during winter months, not because of the cold, but because there is not enough open water for them to sift their food.

img_12688.jpg

img_12689.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results