shape
carat
color
clarity

Pandora Bracelets - Fabulous or Fad?

Do you think Pandora is fabulous or fad? How much longer do you think they'll be trendy?

• Fabulous!

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Fad!

Votes: 31 34.4%
  • Uh, sweetie, it's already over! *hairflip*

Votes: 43 47.8%
  • 1-2 years max!

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • 2-4 years at least!

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 5 years+

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • It's going to be around for a long, long time!

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Who cares? Just show me the results please!

Votes: 10 11.1%

• Total voters

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never liked them.
And they are waaaay overpriced.

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
Zombie thread...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should wear what you love no matter if it is "trendy." My sister started a Pandora bracelet for me 7 years ago. I loved it and wore it daily for years. I still have it and appreciate each charm for what each represents.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori E-ring|1472953662|4073055 said:
I think you should wear what you love no matter if it is "trendy." My sister started a Pandora bracelet for me 7 years ago. I loved it and wore it daily for years. I still have it and appreciate each charm for what each represents.

This. I have always loved the style--I like chunky, clunky pieces and I love solid, heavy jewelry. I filled 2 bracelets, and have a necklace, and a ring. Last Christmas, my mother bought my SIL, niece, daughter, and herself a bracelet with 5-6 charms each so we all have one now. I think they're sweet. My daughter's is tiny, and so cute. My maternal family is of Scandinavian descent, so that is a point of appreciation for us as well--the family who owns Pandora and Troll is Danish.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they're unique. I'm someone who likes clean, simple lines, so the design aesthetic doesn't appeal so much to me on a personal level, but they're pretty darn popular, so there's probably something special about them that I'm missing. But I'm very intolerant of things that look kind of "messy" - for example, I couldn't live in one of those suburban neighborhoods with messy tangles of wires overhead and trees messily placed. I'm thinking of a hood near here. My design aesthetic is very Levittown! Love those neat straight lines. :lol: So I'm not a Pandora person myself, but that doesn't mean they aren't beautiful and special. It's in the eye of the beholder.

Which brings me to...I agree strongly with the idea of wearing whatever you love and not worrying about whether it's trendy. I guess that's easier said than done, because I have an old heavy silver Tiffany necklace with the heart and the big lifesaver on the side, which were everywhere in 1999-ish, and I want to wear it more than I do but I'm aware that it's very Nineties so I don't wear it to work because people will think it looks crap. I know I should just wear it, but that's not as easy as you think when you're aware that a look or a trend is very yesterday, yet not yesterday enough to be vintage or cool. I think the Nineties falls into that category.

But hey, I wear big chunky Swarovski crystal jewelry and go around like a Christmas tree in July, so who am I to talk. I think everyone should wear what they want and let their jewelry freak flag fly!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love traditional charm bracelets and have never been drawn to the Pandora ones, but no real Pricescoper can claim that Pandora bracelets are "trendy" or "overpriced" unless they want to condemn half the jewelry discussed here to the same fate. What about Tiffany solitaires? Cartier cuff bracelets? VCA Alhambra necklaces? Rolex or Cartier Tank watches? Don't tell me that these are not trendy and overpriced! All of us jewelry aficionados buy (or covet) the trendy and overpriced (or many of us do). We just buy more expensive pieces than the Pandora bracelets and call them "classic".

AGBF

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate them but MIL wanted one because her cousin had one, so I started one for her. It helps me because I can get her a new charm every time I need an extra present....

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ugh!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never understood charms. Maybe it is an American thing. I think that for those who have Pandora jewelry, keeping it and selling to a museum in 20 years could be a good idea. Because they will become "period jewelry". But personally, I'd invest into something antique.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results