shape
carat
color
clarity

Dum Dum Ta Dum! NO PIX!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Hate to do this everyone but it is official. I am off the list. The worst part is that I don''''t have a digital camera and am trying to get my ex husband to lend me his. Sorry....

I will tell you that I was very surprised, the ring is beyond my dreams and I am so unbelievably happy. We set the date to get married next year on May long weekend.

Story:

We helped my GF move on Saturday. She insisted that we stay for steak and beer and Dion passed. Very weird...considering I have never seen him pass up free beer.

Loosely planned for a late dinner at The Keg. Show up about 8:30pm. Have a wonderful meal and a few too many martinis:) Throughout dinner we talked about "getting" engaged. How I would like it and stuff. He was saying all of this stuff about "the big fanfare"....having a plane write words in the sky and such. I was confused because I never wanted that type of engagement, only a heartfelt one. He said that he hoped to have the ring finished by my birthday in October. I was kind of sad because I knew that the ring should have been done by now. He said, "Well...when you said to him not to hurry I thought that you meant that you weren''''t in any rush to get engaged!" I was still upset and trying not to show it. I said, "No..not really, I meant that I wanted you to take care of the rest and that I don''''t want to literally have to go downtown and pick up my RING!" I could do that myself!!! Needless to say, we agreed not to talk about it the rest of the night. A couple of more martinis later we decide that we were going to wing it and just head out to dance. He said that he was going to pay the bill and asked if I would get him a toothpick. We went out to the lobby together, I got the toothpicks and he went to pay. He walks back out through the lobby and I throw my drunk hand out and say "oh..here are your toothpicks" proceeding to drop the handful on the floor. He bends down to pick them up, looks up at me with the ring in his hand and says "How''''s that for a distraction?" He then asks me to marry him and I am bawling all over the place. It took me a minute to even say anything. I finally say yes, not noticing that the whole lobby is now filled with people watching. Everyone cheered and the manager bought us a bottle of champagne.

The rest of the night is pretty much history. We drink the champagne and I spend the rest of the night running up and down Whyte Ave (the strip) screaming at the top of my lungs....I''''M GETTING MAAAARRRRIED!!!! Yeah!

I will try my hardest to get a camera by tomorrow and will post all specs as well for you.

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to mention how I reamed his ass out for lying to my face! Not even a flinch! He laughed and told me that he had the ring for 3 weeks hidden in the bottom of MY dresser because he knew I would never snoop through my things!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2005 1:46:26 PM
Author: soulsis
Forgot to mention how I reamed his ass out for lying to my face! Not even a flinch! He laughed and told me that he had the ring for 3 weeks hidden in the bottom of MY dresser because he knew I would never snoop through my things!

What a smart FI!!!! Congratulations!!! Even though he lied, look at the reward!! LOL

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratualtions and best wishes to the both of you. Can''t wait to see the ring!!!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2005 1:46:26 PM
Author: soulsis
Thats not really lying...he just wanted to make it special for you. Congrats!
36.gif
I hope you ex will let you borrow his camera.
emphoto.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a smart move to hide the ring in YOUR dresser! Congratulations!!! We are all looking forward to pictures.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I have crossed you off of the LIW list, and added a thread directing others here for your story.

Can''t wait to see the pics!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! He sure is sneaky!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hope you do not mind to be moved
21.gif

Congratulations!
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yay--congratulations, soulis! You have one smart, sneaky FI!
31.gif
I love how he hid the ring in your dresser. Perhaps if I thought my e-ring was hiding in my dresser, I would clean out my drawers!
27.gif

I can''t wait to see pics of your new ring!
36.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
he had the ring for 3 weeks hidden in the bottom of MY dresser because he knew I would never snoop through my things!
ROTFL!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Soulsis! Can''t wait to see your ring.
1.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Many congrats!! I love that you were totally surprised!
36.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!! Love how he tried to throw you off by saying it wasn''t ready yet- then just pulled the ultimate surprise! Can''t wait to see the pics!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
congrats!!! um, and hurry up with the pics!
2.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Soulsis! Can''t wait to see the pictures!

Btw, that is too cute that he hid it in your things!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Best Wishes!
36.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
emotion-19.gif
CONGRATS!!

Can''t wait for some pix!
emphoto.gif

Hurry!!!
emcry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results