shape
carat
color
clarity

Angry...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angelina

Rough_Rock
You all have been such wonderful listeners- so I am going to vent....

The bf and I just got back from a week long trip to Disney. As much as I was hoping to have our ''magical moment'' there, I had prepared myself for the worst. (ie: the engagement not happening). I''m glad I did, because it didn''t happen.

Here''s the frustrating part... I know he has the ring. By the last day of the trip I was upset, frustrated, and tired of waiting.
Knowing in my heart, that he will do it when the time is right.
We''ve had trouble with a ''jealous'' family member spoiling the surprise.... so he says he wanted to wait until I would be truly surprised., since the family member originally spoiled that it was supposed to happen on our trip.

So, I feel like the family member ruined something wonderful.
I''m grumpy, irritated, and tired of waiting.
I guess it just doesn''t feel special anymore ((tears)).
Why is this so frustrating?!?

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, it''ll be ok!!! *hugs*

Just try to remember what it''s REALLY all about, and theoretically, that should get you outta your slump! Remember that the whole engagement thing is about you getting to officially spend the rest of your life with the man you love!!! And remember that even though it hasn''t happened yet, it WILL. He has the ring, and it''s on its way to your hand!!! I know it''s still not QUITE the same until it''s actually official, but just remind yourelf that the whole reason you''re waiting in agony is because you have something FANTASTIC going on with your man! I know I got all wrapped up in the whole ring-making process, and in when I was gonna get the ring, that it was easy to forget about why I was getting a ring in the first place! :)

And keep venting on here, you''ll feel MUCH better. :)

angelina

Rough_Rock
Thank you for putting it into perspective for me.
As if being patient isn''t hard enough....
A part of me just thinks it isn''t supposed to be this tough...
I have a weird way of making things more difficult than they need to be.
I know he has the ring, so maybe I need to just keep telling myself that.

Does anyone else have any interesting stories of ways to deal with *difficult* bf''s family members?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results