shape
carat
color
clarity

No idea

Lisa216

Rough_Rock
I have few items no idea type al i know they are pver 40 yrs old and still trying to post pics

20160823_105731.jpg

20160823_110228.jpg

20160823_105852.jpg

20160823_0.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lisa,

It's really hard to judge pearls that are photographed against a dark background; the luster and surface just don't show up well. Can you re-photograph them against a white background, like a paper towel? Include close ups of any flaws or loss of pearly coating. Please photograph the orangey looking pearls I see in the first photo-- what is going on there?

Do the clasps have any metal mark on them? 925, 14K etc?
Where did the pearls come from-- is there any history you can provide?

Also see what I posted in another recent thread about some tests you can do for yourself:

1. Holding 2 of the pearls, rub one gently against the other. Genuine nacre offers a little bit of resistance, which some people call grittiness, while imitation pearls glide easily on each other.
2. If you have a loupe (10x magnifier), look at the surface. Genuine nacre is very smooth while imitation pearl coating is coarser, a little like orange peel. If not sure, compare what you see with a known-genuine pearl or a known-imitation pearl.
3. Look at the drill holes.
• With imitation pearls you may see swirls of excess coating near some drill holes. (Not necessarily true of the best imitations.)
• The pearl may be beveled toward the drill hole. I think this may be the case with your pearls, judging from the shapes-- they look a little flattened near the holes. (Also not true of the best imitations.)
• Sometimes the coating is peeling near the holes (or elsewhere) if the pearls have been worn a lot. Imitation pearl coating is flaky and thin. You may be able to see the glass bead underneath.

Lisa216

Rough_Rock
Ok i will repost and history were great grandmother and great great grandmothers they were givin to my mum at 16 and 21 and she gave them to me when i turned 40

Lisa216

Rough_Rock
I reposted its under no idea repost 1 and 2 since can only post 4 pics at time 2 necklaces i didnt post they were shedding a layer so in repost i only put pearls up that didnt shed.. if anythat makes sence...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results