shape
carat
color
clarity

I went on Craigslist and this happened....

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you find the MOST amazing bargains, and I love your new sapphire (& the sapphire adventure)!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more. Amazed how poorly my photos capture the sapphire's color. I'm trying to postas closely as possible but the teal doesn't come through

img_20160726_140148.jpg

img_20160726_140215.jpg

img_20160726_135855.jpg

img_20160726_135845.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Woo! I love it. The colour is perfect and I like the setting too. LOL at your story, I'm glad it turned out fine and you got the gem brief!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! that stone is amazing!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So next time, bring mace. Even a can a bear spray :lol: Thats a fantastic stone. The color is really amazing! :love:

Nsmike

Rough_Rock
Forgive me for not reading your original post more closely. I skipped over that part trying to get to the real ring.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nsmike|1469640683|4059885 said:
Forgive me for not reading your original post more closely. I skipped over that part trying to get to the real ring.
That's ok happens to the best of us it does look like a very best up version of mine though right!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! I would not change the setting.
Your story had me laughing! I'm glad you didn't join his church.... :lol:

Nsmike

Rough_Rock
Niel|1469642143|4059898 said:
Nsmike|1469640683|4059885 said:
That's ok happens to the best of us it does look like a very best up version of mine though right!
Except for the orientation of the stone it's a near duplicate. It's entirely possible that the same jeweler/manufacturer made both of them. The other possibility is someone just wanted a lower priced copy of your ring.
edit: I looked again more a copy yours is much more refined.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love this, Niel :love:

The colour is stunning! I was holding my breath there for a minute, but what a result! :appl:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't think the tanzanite is original to that ring - it doesn't fit very well in the setting.

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
Such a good find. I like your new setting ideas but also don't mind the original.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a stunning stone!!!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's gorgeous. You have a good eye. ;)) I love the setting too, I would leave the ring as is.

Enjoy..

Judy
:))

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: GREAT find Niel!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That worked out well, thanks for sharing the "journey". Such a beautiful color stone. And I agree, the setting grows on you. For when you just want to well something fabulous.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So jealous :naughty: that's so gorgeous! I love the setting!! And what a bargain, ugh *so* jealous :appl: :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I didn't see this when you originally posted it so I just wanted to chime in and say that was a great story. You had me on the tip of my toes, biting my nails over here (what if it's a tanzi?!). Great score! :mrgreen2:

And I was just scrolling through jewels by grace when I came across this setting, which reminded me of this post (what are the odds I'd see both today?).

IMG_2217.JPG

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 Yes she’s very Heidi Gibson I agree. And her settings run in the thousands. Funny when you see ballerina settings all over eBay for a song

samranmal

Rough_Rock
I actually think the setting is very pleasing on you as well. I'd keep it! It's unique, not hideous.

sapphiredream

Shiny_Rock
Don't even think about changing the setting. Gorgeous!
Then again, I love traditional designs and spend a lot of time scoffing at modern stuff. (Stark, boring, cold, soul-less :)).

Lovely thing you got there for a great price!

Frost

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Joining the thread-necromancy here...

The story is awesome and so is your stone! It's a beautiful color. Sometimes you come across these lighter blues with medium/medium-light tone but great saturation, with an overall mellow glow to them. They're pretty good for everyday wear because the color tends to stay lit up in any light and many of them even look even better during overcast days or indoors.

Oh and for me, the color screams sapphire - I've never come across tanzanites in this color.

Nice find!

Last edited:

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Impressive story! Impressive stone too!!!:appl::appl::clap::dance::))
Nice to see a success story with this whole situation!
Thanks for taking the time to post it all!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great story and a great find! So glad it all worked out!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
COOL ring! Congrats on the find and the outcome! :bigsmile:

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I jumped here from your more recent post and I've gotta ask...what did you end up doing with the ring? Is it still in it's original setting? Cuz I honestly thought that the setting was quite beautiful the way it was (hoping still is)!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I jumped here from your more recent post and I've gotta ask...what did you end up doing with the ring? Is it still in it's original setting? Cuz I honestly thought that the setting was quite beautiful the way it was (hoping still is)!
She went off to a new home and is still in her original setting and loved by her new owner

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results