shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I'm with you on being over Ikea about 2 minutes after getting in there. I don't blame you for spending more to avoid having to wait in line. LOL

Smart to increase the HELOC while you can. When we took ours out to buy the new cars outright, we weren't smart enough to do that. Two weeks after we closed, we wanted $10K more and wound up having to close all over again. Avoid our mistake and get it right the first time!

Marcy, I forgot to mention the pork chops turned out great. Things just taste better grilled outside. Yes they do!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I think managing me, myself and I is the way to go. I have definitely grown weary of the crap I have to deal with on a daily basis. Audi is very popular and I can see why. We were talking tonight how much we like this car yet we both are not sad to be getting a Porsche. Aston Martins D89 are pretty awesome cars! Glad to hear the kitties got a good report card at the vet. Congratulations and good luck finishing the deal with placing that guy. That is awesome your pork chops turned out great and yes things cooked outside do taste better.

Dee Jay, I get ordering something from Ikea rather than the hassle of going to the store. I think mentoring that person is great; it is such a different relationship and you can work more closely with them one on one. CB’s chicken dish sounds fabulous. I am glad you will be able to walk your normal way to work now. I will be so glad when they are done with construction on our street. Right now they are working on 2 houses in both directions from us. Smart decision to take out more than you originally wanted with your loan; may as well get it done all at once.

Quick fly by here. It’s 10 and I just got done packing my makeup bag (mostly packed anyway) and moving and emptying out my purse.

Marty’s co-worker in town took us to Olive Garden for supper so we were there over 2 hours then Marty stopped at the store to get some food.

I’ll have to do laundry and pack tomorrow night. We are taking that guy out to dinner so I suggested me meet there at 5:30 so hopefully I’ll get home by 8 tomorrow night. I should have packed last weekend.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

It is pouring rain out right now. I always worry about melting in the rain. Not because I am so sweet but more like the wicket witch issue.

I met a friend of mine for lunch. We had snack pack sandwiches with small fries and drinks but then had a frozen custard with PB cups and ate about 1/2 of them. I am still full. We are taking Marty's co-worker to dinner tonight maybe I'll just drink.

Tonight I have to do laundry and pull out what I want to pack. Saturday morning is coming way too fast!

Have a great evening and Friday tomorrow.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Rod, Chase called me yesterday and set up my closing for next Tuesday -- woo hoo! And I am set up for the maximum because I agree about not doing this twice!

Curby, are you packed yet? I'm very excited about your trip, and if you just drink enough it will all be fine... at least that's my mantra!

Yesterday I was awake and p!ssed off at 5:00 over a friend of a friend that I agreed to do a rental for (rentals are too much work and too little money -- I am going to print that out and hang it up somewhere for the next time I'm tempted to do one!). The guy is a consultant and his girlfriend is a lawyer and between the two of them they "know everything about everything," if you know what I mean. It came down to quibbling over the utility cost because we didn't have the official heat disclosure from the gas company yet so he wouldn't sign off, but was mad that the listing agent said until they have a signed lease she was going to continue to show the unit. Buddy, if you're that worried about the gas bill maybe you shouldn't be renting a $3,000 a month place! It ultimately got worked out but it was a bit PITA.

I spent the rest of yesterday looking for a dining table for the boat house. I went to a bunch of places, including two that do custom pieces out of reclaimed wood and also a place called Architectural Artifacts that specializes in interesting old things, including stuff they get from buildings when they are torn down. I ultimately found almost exactly what I was looking for in a very unlikely place that I just happened to stop at because it was across the street from the one the custom places. It's a store that does mostly decor items and even some clothes and gifts, etc., but there it was sitting right by the wrap desk -- almost exactly what I was looking for at about half of what I was afraid I would have to spend! The best part is it's a table that is carried by a manufacturer so I can get it at any time. My fear was that I would fall in love with something and either have to buy it not knowing if it was really going to be the right size for the space since it isn't built out yet, or that by the time I was ready for it it would be gone. So this is a relief! I also found some chairs that I really love, although they are leather and I was really opposed to leather in this environment (I'm sure it will be hot and humid in the boat house in the summer) but the shop guy assured me they are really hearty and will be fine. So it was a successful day!

Today the only thing on my to do list is mop the floor!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay - WOO HOO for having a closing date on the HELOC. The dining table and chairs you found sound great as well!

I was going through some pics last night and up popped the one of you and Bill sitting on the couch in our condo (2 condo's ago now), which means the time frame was somewhere around 2007/2008! Can you believe it was that many years ago?

Our realtor does mostly sales, but on occasion does rentals and he echoes your sentiments. Too much work for too little reward.

Have a great time mopping the floors. Given that I'm chained to my cube till 5:30 or so, I'd gladly trade places with you. Yes I would. And I prolly should have stayed home and cleaned our house today. Our cleaning lady bailed on us this morning, but is supposedly coming Monday morning instead.

Marcy, if you see this, I hope you're all packed and heading to a great vacation!

Ps: DeeJay you are now just 7 posts from the magical 10K Posts! Does PS still give the $1,000 certificate for 10K posts?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, given that I think I pulled a hip making the bed I would gladly trade places with you today! I'll sit in your cube with a heating pad on my a$$ and you can use my awesome hurricane mop (purchased from the As Seen On TV Store isle in CVS!) to deal with this 2800 square foot mess!

I think they did away with the $1K certificate for 10,000 posts a while ago. Oh well, I guess being here for this many years and making awesome friends is my real reward!

BTW, I had another "identity" when I first came on here (Dee Jay with no *) but I had a technical snafu and had to recreate myself, so to speak. So really I'm over 10,000 because I think I had 240 posts under my old identity. I should look back and see what my 9,760th post was -- I hope it was something profound! :cheeky:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a bummer DeeJay. I'll likely never hit 10K, but wondered what I'd get if'n I ever did. Oh well, things and times change. Yes they do.

So sorry you hurt your hip. Maybe the floor really doesn't need mopping after all! Come on down here and sit in the Spa. It will help your pain.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, all right for closing on your boathouse on Tuesday. Sweet. I am so excited for you! I am pretty darned close to being ready to go. Sorry you got sucked in to rentals for a friend of a friend. That is kind of strange they can rent a place for $3000 but worry about what the gas bill would be. Glad it worked out okay though. Good deal you found a table you really like. You are making lots of progress on the boathouse. How exciting to be hitting 10K soon. I don't think they hand out $1000 anymore either. They game me $100 when I hit 10K. I will be closing in on 20K soon. I must blather a lot. I hope you hip feels better. OUCH!

Rod, rats that your cleaning lady bailed on you but at least she is coming early next week. I only have about 6 more things to round up and Marty will get our suitcases packed. At least I can go buy anything I might forget.

When they had the $1000 Christmas prize I was coming up with a long list of what I'd buy if I was lucky enough to win it. I can always find jewelry I want.

I did get most of my packing done last night. I made a list of what I still need to do. Looks like we'll need 2 suitcases but that's fine.

Marty is too busy trying to finish his work project to go to our astronomy meeting so I made handouts for everyone last night - took me about 45 minutes and about 60 sheets of paper but I won't have to haul my laptop over there and hook it up to the TV. I sometimes thing Power Points have gotten boring anyway.

My plan is to be in bed by 9 pm tonight. We will see how that goes!

Have a fabulous Friday and a lovely weekend.

Curby / Marcy soon to be a beach bum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids. We made it to SC. The ocean view is awesome. The fairly new house we rented has certainly been abused. Wow. It's a shame. The flights were okay. Got to Myrtle Beach about 4:30. It is hot and humid for sure.

Have a fabulous weekend.

Here is a picture of our view.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1471746659.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Rod, I think you were right that the floor didn't really need mopping... which I was pretty certain of about half way through, LOL. It was a very *gentle* mopping though, not the usual vigorous twice over process I usually do.

Curby, I'm glad you made it to SC alright and your view looks great! I know what you mean about the rental house being abused. My family used to do a big place in Virginia Beach every year and it was really beat to he!! after a while.

I've spent the past few days looking at more stuff for the boat house and I think I'm pretty idea shopped out at this point. The only thing I'm not really certain of is the chair(s) to go opposite the sectional, and I think I have to get the space otherwise done and everything else in there to be able to make a good decision on that.

Tomorrow there's nothing on my to do list... but I'm sure I'll find some way to fill the day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Rod, I think you were right that the floor didn't really need mopping... which I was pretty certain of about half way through, LOL. It was a very *gentle* mopping though, not the usual vigorous twice over process I usually do.

Curby, I'm glad you made it to SC alright and your view looks great! I know what you mean about the rental house being abused. My family used to do a big place in Virginia Beach every year and it was really beat to he!! after a while.

I've spent the past few days looking at more stuff for the boat house and I think I'm pretty idea shopped out at this point. The only thing I'm not really certain of is the chair(s) to go opposite the sectional, and I think I have to get the space otherwise done and everything else in there to be able to make a good decision on that.

Tomorrow there's nothing on my to do list... but I'm sure I'll find some way to fill the day!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, that's a mighty nice view. What you said about the relatively new house being beat up is precisely why I would NEVER buy a vacation home and rent it out. People for the most part are pigs and feel that because they're paying a high price for something, they don't have to treat it with care. My brother had a rental in a fantastic highrise on the beach in Ocean City, MD., for several years. He was constantly having to fix things, paint it yearly, replace furniture people abused, replace dishes, pots and pans, linens and pillows people stole. One renter took a mattress when they left. Of course they swore they didn't, but it didn't walk away on its own.

I hope you have a great vacation!

DeeJay, I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself mopping.

It's been a nice weekend so far. Our standard sushi date with our friends last night. He got his new Mercedes S550. Man is it ever fabulous. Of course for over $120K, it should be. Today we made our weekend Home Depot visit and did our grocery shopping. Tonight, I grilled steaks on the grill and we just got out of the spa. It's a perfect night. No clouds and the stars were so bright. Tomorrow evening we have a pot luck with the new neighbors , which should be fun.

We bought solar landscape lights for the side yard walkway. They are so cool. I don't know if this picture quite captures it, but you'll get an idea of what it looks like:

side_yard_lights.jpg

Have a great Sunday!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy weekend kids!

Rod, I had to laugh at your weekly trips to Home Depot. There are frequently periods where I make DAILY trips to HD... and in the thick of a project it's MULTIPLE DAILY trips! I've discovered the best time to go to HD is around 6:30 am on a Tuesday. It's just me and the contractors. No soccer moms looking for light switch cover plates in fashion colors, no guys driving Jag-U-Ars who just watched a video on UTube and now think they can build an addition on their McMansions with some two-by-fours and a nail gun, no newly marrieds who bought a fixer-uper hoping to flip that three-flat in an up-and-coming neighborhood just as soon as they redo... well... everything!

Today we went to a really great restaurant by us for brunch. Then I came home and had a bellini with one of my neighbors while I did laundry and after that the CB and I took our lawn chairs over by the railroad tracks and watched a little of the air show with the Thunderbirds. After that I needed a nap but I woke up to an email from my best traveling girlfriend with an itinerary for a trip to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand, so we got on the phone and booked that little adventure. The CB made kabobs for dinner and now we're sitting out in the parking lot enjoying the cooler weather -- it's only 65 here now!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I don't care how wonderful it might be to shop at HD at 6:30 in the morning. The sun isn't up and neither is Rod! We didn't make a trip to HD today. Instead, we did our Sunday visit to the pool store to test the spa water and figure out what chemical it needs we didn't yet have in our stockpile of chemicals. We also went to this great outdoor garden center where all they sell are beautiful big glazed pots and garden statues. We bought a Egret statue in concrete that's really cool and two beautiful cobalt blue ceramic glazed pots.

Tonight we had the neighborhood pot luck. We finally got to meet the 4th neighbor and he's such a nice guy. He's 25 years old and is such a nice young man. He's a mortgage officer. What's amazing is he works for a really good friend of ours. It's a small world for sure.

I don't really want to go to work tomorrow. But I am having a great month. I made another placement on Friday, making me top biller in
my office by a long shot.

Have a great start to the new week.

Ps.......so jealous of 65 degrees. It was in the mid-90s today and won't cool down for more than 2 months from now.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids

Typing on iPhone so will be brief and full of typos

Dee Jay, ugh to mopping. We were discussing this place needs it today. Sand everywhere. Good deal for having lots of ideas for the boathouse. You are so right getting to the hardware store early. I'll hit Lowes at about 7 and there are few shoppers then. Mm Bellini. Sweet to watch the Thunderbirds.

Rod, I see why your brother found rental property a hassle. Nice new Mercedes and it should be for that kind of money. I like your sidewalk lights. Your potluck sounds fun. Interesting your neighbor works for a friend of yours. Small world.

Beach bum life is fun. Pretty ocean. Ugh to bugs and humidity and heat. Oh and I am counting down days until no more inlaws. Ha ha. Only 2 fights so far.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, congrats for being top biller! I think back to when you DIDN'T go to work for this company originally -- bet they are sorry about that now!!!

Curby, only two fights so far? That's better than my family for sure! Enjoy being a beach bum and send pics if you can!

I've been doing paperwork on a couple of my real estate deals all morning. We certainly generate a lot of paper for a system that is supposed to have gone paperless! And my diet has been derailed already... I was so good this morning, avoiding all the sweets in the kitchen, but one of my best office girlfriends just said we should have pizza for lunch... !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, yes congratulations to being top biller. Sweet.

Dee Jay, if I drink more I maybe wouldn't be so annoyed but I might be starting the fights. I am doing okay on food here but the dieters are buying th food. I told them they need to get some treats for the rest of us. We are on vacation!

The FIL refuses to eat off paper plates but feeding, cooking and dishes for a dozen people is challenging. Maybe if FIL did the dishes he'd change his mind.

I am going to try and get some ocean pictures with Killer and Snacks in the foreground.

Laters
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teddy and Killer on the deck.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1471890657.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a dark and stormy morning. No this isn't Snoopy writing a novel it is just what it looks like out there. I do see blue sky in spots but it looks stormy over the ocean.

Have a great day.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, what do you mean the FIL won't eat off of paper plates? You are a nicer person than I am to accommodate him, LOL. (But we all knew that! :cheeky: ) Did you have a storm last night?

I walked home and had some left over kabobs for dinner... with some of these little chocolate bite sized cookies we get at the Italian grocery on the corner. That store is about half the size of a 7-11 but they just have the BEST stuff! I woke up at 3:30 and then again at 5:30, but that was because the CB was in the shower and his work phone was ringing off the hook. No idea what the problem as but he got several calls in a row. Ugh! Don't they know Princess is trying to SLEEP?!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday back at 'ya DeeJay!

I feel like a Doofus. Last night I used the garbage disposal and it sounded like it was going to take off on its own. I used a flashlight to see if anything was in there, but couldn't see anything. So I opened a ticket with the builder as they give us a web portal to schedule warranty thingies. They came out first thing this morning and there was a rubber foot (the kind you peel off a sheet from the hardware store) from the cutting board lodged in the corner, which was making the racket. It took the guy about a minute to see it, take it out and say we were good to go. I hate wasting peoples time, but at least we don't need a new disposal.

I told Charlie to go out and get a new cutting board. Not a wood one. I hate wood cutting boards. They never look nice for very long, even if you oil them.

Sorry about the CBF's calls waking you this morning. I can sleep through most anything. But if I hear one of the kitties scratching something I wake up immediately. We keep trying to train them to use a scratching post, which they will use. But our new chair and rug in the bedroom seem more to their liking. :angryfire:

Marcy, I'm with DeeJay. If the FIL won't eat off a paper plate, leave the food in the kitchen and let him get his own darn food. I hope you're enjoying your vacation (FIL aside)!

Have a great day everyone.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My HELOC docs are signed! It took all of eight minutes, five of which I spent talking with the notary about personal stuff, ha ha. In my state you have a three day right of rescission so I won't have access to the money until next Monday, but my closing isn't until Sept. 9th, which is more than two weeks away anyway.

Aside from the whole thing about upping my rate twice in the course of this deal (but I got the last rate increase ix-nayed!) they were also supposed to waive my fee on this since I've got a bit of $ with them. Well lo and behold, there is a fee right on the first page of the documents! I signed everything just to keep the process rolling, but when I got back to the office I sent an email asking if that was correct. I'll be curious to see what they have to say!

Anyway, we are at least making progress. And I'm supposed to meet the HVAC guy at the property on Friday to make sure he's going to do exactly what I want in terms of installation.

Baby steps!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, if you were told there was no fee, there should be NO fee. We didn't have any fees assessed on our HELOC with our bank. When we paid it off just months after taking it out to close on the new house however, we did have to pay a fee. We have a 4 day right of rescission law in Florida, but the day they said the funds would be available, they were. At least you know you can close on the boathouse and have the funds readily available! So Congrats!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I saw your comment about the rubbing alcohol in the NIRDI thread (which I read every day but don't contribute to because you all seem like such a lovely well matched group I would hate to insert myself and upset the balance there!).

If you pour that over ice and add a lemon twist it's called a Kitty Dukakis! :cheeky:

(Shame on me!!! I couldn't resist though!)

Hope you're having a marvelous day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay said:
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, what do you mean the FIL won't eat off of paper plates? You are a nicer person than I am to accommodate him, LOL. (But we all knew that! :cheeky: ) Did you have a storm last night?

I walked home and had some left over kabobs for dinner... with some of these little chocolate bite sized cookies we get at the Italian grocery on the corner. That store is about half the size of a 7-11 but they just have the BEST stuff! I woke up at 3:30 and then again at 5:30, but that was because the CB was in the shower and his work phone was ringing off the hook. No idea what the problem as but he got several calls in a row. Ugh! Don't they know Princess is trying to SLEEP?!

Dee Jay, Princess should never be disturbed when she is sleeping. Reminds me of when Marty was on call 24x7. I was going to buy little cookies at the mall this afternoon but the line was long when I stopped there. We did not have a storm last night but my mind is cloudy with all this crap going on here. 10 more days.

Marty lost his glasses trying boogie boarding in the ocean. So we went to a nearby mall and bought him a pair of glasses at Lens Crafters. We call to get his prescription but they sent the wrong ones. They sent the ones for the computer glasses. So he had to call back get the right prescription and will go get them tomorrow.

While at the mall I bought myself a YGWG chain link bracelet and the Kays teddy bear is out so I bought both the dog and bear and donated them. I was going to bring the teddy bear home but wouldn't want to squash him up in my suitcase.

We were going off by ourselves but the in laws said we will come with you. Joy!

Curby

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod said:
Happy Tuesday back at 'ya DeeJay!

I feel like a Doofus. Last night I used the garbage disposal and it sounded like it was going to take off on its own. I used a flashlight to see if anything was in there, but couldn't see anything. So I opened a ticket with the builder as they give us a web portal to schedule warranty thingies. They came out first thing this morning and there was a rubber foot (the kind you peel off a sheet from the hardware store) from the cutting board lodged in the corner, which was making the racket. It took the guy about a minute to see it, take it out and say we were good to go. I hate wasting peoples time, but at least we don't need a new disposal.

I told Charlie to go out and get a new cutting board. Not a wood one. I hate wood cutting boards. They never look nice for very long, even if you oil them.

Sorry about the CBF's calls waking you this morning. I can sleep through most anything. But if I hear one of the kitties scratching something I wake up immediately. We keep trying to train them to use a scratching post, which they will use. But our new chair and rug in the bedroom seem more to their liking. :angryfire:

Marcy, I'm with DeeJay. If the FIL won't eat off a paper plate, leave the food in the kitchen and let him get his own darn food. I hope you're enjoying your vacation (FIL aside)!

Have a great day everyone.

Rod, I hate wooden cutting boards too. Don't feel they are very clean. I like ones you can run through the dish washer. Darn that you had to call someone for a non problem problem but hey it was an easy fix.

My FIL did eat off a paper plate this morning so maybe that is progress.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay said:
My HELOC docs are signed! It took all of eight minutes, five of which I spent talking with the notary about personal stuff, ha ha. In my state you have a three day right of rescission so I won't have access to the money until next Monday, but my closing isn't until Sept. 9th, which is more than two weeks away anyway.

Aside from the whole thing about upping my rate twice in the course of this deal (but I got the last rate increase ix-nayed!) they were also supposed to waive my fee on this since I've got a bit of $ with them. Well lo and behold, there is a fee right on the first page of the documents! I signed everything just to keep the process rolling, but when I got back to the office I sent an email asking if that was correct. I'll be curious to see what they have to say!

Anyway, we are at least making progress. And I'm supposed to meet the HVAC guy at the property on Friday to make sure he's going to do exactly what I want in terms of installation.

Baby steps!

Congratulations Dee Jay! I hope they remove or refund that fee. GRR. I found I had to stay on top our mortgage company all the time.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay said:
Curby, I saw your comment about the rubbing alcohol in the NIRDI thread (which I read every day but don't contribute to because you all seem like such a lovely well matched group I would hate to insert myself and upset the balance there!).

If you pour that over ice and add a lemon twist it's called a Kitty Dukakis! :cheeky:

(Shame on me!!! I couldn't resist though!)

Hope you're having a marvelous day!

OMG your Kitty Dukakis joke made me bust out laughing. You should chime in on the NIRDIs. It is a great bunch of ladies and you are welcome there anytime.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay I was listening to Family Guy last night on Sling and they were making fun of Kitty Dukakis drinking. I am like what????

The mattress pad helped the comfort of the bed. Woo Hoo! Marty is really red from sunburn. Silly guy what was he thinking? His dermatologist would be chewing his butt out.

I was going to the mall with Marty to get his glasses but it sounds like everyone is going. Maybe I'll stay here.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, LOL on Family Guy talking about KD! Good idea to stay at the house if everyone else is going to the mall. Of course you may get the worst of both worlds -- everyone but ONE PERSON will go and I'm sure that ONE PERSON would be the one you'd least like to be trapped in the house with. It always works that way!

Rod, so apparently there is an origination fee and an annual fee. They are waiving the annual fee but not the origination fee. Whatever. At this point I'm just thrilled it's closed! I also just looked at the calendar and I was originally told it would be 45+ days to close the HELOC and it was done in 36 from the first phone call I placed to them to the doc signing, so that was faster than expected. How often do you get to say THAT with a big bank?!

Last night on the way home I started having a squealing noise from my rear driver side tire. The CB thinks it's the brakes. I took it in this morning and they're going to look at it and call me. I can feel an expensive day coming on...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results