carat
color
clarity

Rhapsody in Bespoke Gems Blues!!!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1463861950|4034531 said:
Wanted to resurrect this thread since I'm hoping to have the larger of my two tangier stones set in the next month or so. Trying to decide on a setting--I moved a little bit away from the DK design I posted before since I'm trying to be more cost effective :)

I have a few potential options from MDZ and another one that's quite different. Anyone have preferences for one in particular? I can't decide, and think they are each very pretty in their own way!

s-l500-1.jpg
s-l500.jpg

I like this one. :D I'm trolling their stuff and it's one that I've picked out that I like for me :D

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
1 or 4 are my picks.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pick would be number 1 (beautiful engraving/ metal work) and then number 2 (a simpler design that makes the stone the true star and that might enable stacking).
Setting 4 is beautiful, but I cannot envision it with the shape of your stone yet.

Happy decision making :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any progress on your setting lovesdogs? :wavey:

Loves Vibtage's beautiful blue topaz has been set by Alistair Kelsey. Beautiful result :appl:
Do you enjoy wearing it?

_4918.jpeg

_4919.jpeg

_4921.jpeg

_4922.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh, thanks for sharing that ring, Acinom! It's amazing and AK did a great job. Congrats, LovesVintage!

As for my plans, I think I've made minor changes in that I want one of the two topazes (likely the whiter of the two) to be set like this (this is an inspiration photo with a diamond middle stone), but I would like black diamonds on either side that are very small exactly like how this one is set. I've spoken to a vendor about it and am saving for it now.

1s.jpg

For the more blue of the two, I think I'm going to try to ask the vendor to make this ring without the split shank and with engraving rather than diamonds on the shank so the center stone can really be the star. il_570xN.895093620_cv7k.jpg
il_570xN.984925447_5ab5.jpg

Since these 2 will be made by the same person I'd rather save up and do both together so I can just send her stones once rather than in multiple shipments. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice of settings lovedogs :appl:
I love the idea of black diamonds and I am curious to see the second setting come to live. I love the design changes you will propose.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As seen in my thread for 2016, my Asscher cut natural blue Topaz by Doug has been set, and I love it!

The white Topaz traps are also cut by Doug.

naturalblueasschertopazring_01.jpg
naturalblueasschertopazring_02.jpg

DK :bigsmile:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG DK, that is so amazing! The ring is gorgeous, and the stones look incredible! Doug's cutting is perfection (of course), and the jeweler did a great job on the setting itself! Hooray!!! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! Your ring is stunning dk and it looks so elegant and balanced on your hand. A strong 'new classic' design. I like :love: :love:
:love:

How do you compare the topaz sidestones with diamonds? Doug did such an amazing job on the main stone as well as the sidestones. And I admire you for always picking the right settings for your stones.

Could you share a photo of the profile of the ring, since these stones are cut with quite some depth?
Enjoy wearing your beautiful ring and please share a lot more photo's :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the kind words! :bigsmile:

With regard to the white Topaz step cut traps side stones, they are very sparkly with lots of fire/big flashes in the right light.

However, I have seen diamond step cut traps, and can tell the difference between the two.

Let's just say I got the look that I wanted to achieve without spending big money on diamond side stones. :bigsmile:

The profile of the ring is quite high due to the depth of the main stone. I did not ask for any fancy basket as it is not my style, therefore, the profile view is nothing special.

I shall take and post a pic of the profile later.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LINE-UP OF NATURAL TOPAZ RINGS

A good moment for a line-up of the natural blue topazes that have been set into rings until now.
Here they are in order of appearance:

_5208.jpeg

_5209.jpeg

_5210.jpeg

_5211.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continued...

I love the individual choices that were made. Each ring fitting perfectly in the lifestyle and/or vision of the owner. Hopefully we will see more stones set soon.

_5212.jpeg

_5213.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wouldn't it be great if the owners of these stones could get together in person one day with their respective stone and ring?!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just wondering about us getting a photoshopped photo with the rings or other jewellery made from the mother stone. Then found you had already listed them. Whose are missing still, need to get the owners PS names together in a list showing what was bought at time. There was going to be earrings I think. Also know that my larger oval was not in the first group pic nor was the earring stones as Doug only managed to stretch these from the remainder of the stone once the first four asschers and two ovals were cut. I was going to write too, how much I loved DK168's new ring(s). Really suits your finger DK. It would be good to meet up I think too and see them all together. (Was going to write back DK before to say that although I am in Scotland I am not on mainland Scotland.)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PYRAMID's LIST OF MOTHER STONE SIBLINGS

Great idea Pyramid to make a list of the motherstone sibling stones. This is what I could find... These are only the siblings from the original mother stone. This thread also naturally also includes other natural topazes from Doug or perhaps other vendors.

Mochiko: is #806, Asscher cut10.93x10.93x9.39mm, 8.32ct (no jewelry piece made yet)

Acinom: #807, Asscher Cut, 10.94x10.94x9.11mm, 8.32ct (blingytaire ring made by David Klass)

Lovinggems: #809, #813, #814, Asscher cut suite: 9.95x9.95x8.32mm, 6.25ct.
#813, Natural Blue Topaz, Asscher Cut, 7.5x7.5x6.3mm, 2.8ct
#814, Natural Blue Topaz, Asscher Cut, 7.5x7.5x6.3mm, 2.8ct
(No jewelry pieces made yet)

Pyramid: Oval Supernova cut 'small', 9.18 x 6.99 x 5.92mm and is 2.50ct (3-stone ring made by Alistair Kelsey)
Oval Omni cut large, 11.74mm x 8.36mm x 6.55mm. 4.2 ct (YG solitaire made by Alistair Kelsey)

Dk: Oval Supernova cut, 13.16x9.78x7.81mm, 6.65ct (no jewelry piece made yet)
#808, Natural Blue Topaz, Asscher Cut, 10.9x10.9x8.88mm, 8.15ct (bezeled 5-stone ring made by Diamondmounts)

_5267.jpeg

_5268.jpeg

_5269.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Due to the piggy bank being emtied after my trip to LA, it is unlikely foe my oval Supernova to be set before Feb 2017.

@ Pyramid and Acinom, I can travel for an European mini meet. : D

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Mine are still unset Some other items jumped the cue. :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Side views of my Asscher and a pic of the ring in the sun.

Looking at the side view, it may look as if it could have been set a tad lower, however, the cutlet will touch my porky finger!

naturalblueasschertopazring_03.jpg
naturalblueasschertopazring_04.jpg
naturalblueasschertopazring_05.jpg

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your jeweller did such an amazing job getting the proportions right!!!
I love love love that sunny pic and in my opinion you have beautiful hands that radiates a powerful elegance as well as a sweet softness.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just posted this in another thread, but wanted to post here too :) my tangier finally has a home!!

screenshot_20160911-173905.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1473641870|4075344 said:
Just posted this in another thread, but wanted to post here too :) my tangier finally has a home!!

What a fabulous addition to this thread lovedogs!!! Your tangier looks stunning in this ring. I love love love the organic design of the setting. You have made great choices with both the stone as well as the ring.

When will you receive your ring? Looking forward to see the ring on your hand.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1473712858|4075626 said:
lovedogs|1473641870|4075344 said:

What a fabulous addition to this thread lovedogs!!! Your tangier looks stunning in this ring. I love love love the organic design of the setting. You have made great choices with both the stone as well as the ring.

When will you receive your ring? Looking forward to see the ring on your hand.

Thanks Acinom!! It shipped today, so maybe by the end of the week :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovedogs has her fabulous ring on her finger!
Congrats with your dew drop blue topaz and the lovely setting!!! Please post a lot more pics.

_5893.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A blue topaz from back in 2010 that belongs to jjildav:https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-topaz-asscher-set-by-heart-of-water.144751/

Topaz by Doug Menadue of Bespoke Gems, setting Sally Heart of Water:

img_0998.jpg

img_14730.jpg

img_14731.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Looks like we all know where to get our Asschers!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
il_fullxfull_176589166.jpg bluetopaz.jpg

My Bespoke Gems topaz is not part of the Mother Stone group but an earlier one. I think he called it a Victoria cut, sort of an old elongated cushion style. I had it set by Daniel M and utterly adore it. Rarely wear it unfortunately as its a wee bit tight in this hot UAE weather - planning to get the band stretched up a size soon.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My Bespoke Gems topaz is not part of the Mother Stone group but an earlier one. I think he called it a Victoria cut, sort of an old elongated cushion style. I had it set by Daniel M and utterly adore it. Rarely wear it unfortunately as its a wee bit tight in this hot UAE weather - planning to get the band stretched up a size soon.
I love this!! Your beautiful stone looks amazing in warm gold. Thanks for sharing your beauty. I love this cut.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

HotPozzum- I hit the "like" button on this and thought to myself I wish there was a "love" button. What a beauty- the color and cut are absolutely stunning. This would be a favorite if it was in my collection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results