shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, that realtor who didn't seem to care you had clients to see their listing must be mega-rich. Or, she's a very poor realtor and wonders why? I"m glad the new attorney got back to you and is being helpful. And yay for what sounds like you're getting to a successful end to the HELOC for the boathouse purchase!

I've had a good week this week. I've made two placements, and am thus far top biller out of all the divisions for the month.

We ordered a large cantilever umbrella for the spa, which arrived today. It's really cool. It sits behind the spa, but it's offset, so when it's open, it covers the entire spa with a span of 10 feet. We wouldn't likely get in the spa during a hot summer day with our strong sun. This will let us use the spa day or night! I'll take a picture when we have it open.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, sorry it is so rainy there. I think Marty misses traveling as much as he used to especially with projects being either all at once or non-existent. He still didn’t mention anything tonight so I am guessing no one ended up calling him. I hate to hear you will need some periodontal surgery soon. That sounds expensive and painful. Congratulations on 2 placements this week and being top biller this month. Your umbrella sounds great.

Dee Jay, rats that your clients didn’t win the bidding war. At least they can take their mind off of the loss on their vacation. That is pretty crappy you couldn’t get in to show that place last night. And as a matter of a fact I can believe there are bad agents out there. I know first hand! That’s good to hear Chase is making project on your boathouse.

I had my work done before lunch. I met a friend for tacos and then stopped at Walgreens to pick up a new electric razor; my other one bit the dust this morning.

This afternoon I watch the idiot on parade climbing the Trump Tower and kept an eye on the clock. I have streamlined my reports and created macros to help me out so now I can get my work work done more quickly. Sweet.

Saturday I need to make a list of stuff for buy for our trip and go shopping. Marty and friends are going to play golf that day somewhere in the mountains of Colorado so I’ll have most of the day to myself.

Have a fabulous evening and day tomorrow.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning.........I asked Charlie to take a couple pics of the new umbrella, closed and open. We're very pleased and this will really open up using the spa in full sun!

umbrella_closed.jpg

umbrella_open_2.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I think you're very wise to make a list of things to take on vacation. Every trip (even if I'm just going somewhere for the weekend) I have an Oh Sh!t moment when I realize I forgot SOMETHING.

Rod, the umbrella over your spa looks great! I love the color as well as the functionality!

Last night when I got home there was a notice of building violation in my mailbox from the city related to the deck replacements. I immediately sent it to the roofer and everyone else involved in this project with a WTF message. I was wide awake from the time the CB left for work at 5:30 and by 8 o'clock we had exchanged a zillions emails and I'd had two angry conference calls. I know this will get resolved, but I want to make sure it happens before people in this building see the notice and panic and pandemonium set it. I'm so over this!

On a good note my appraisal finally come back! It was 10% higher than my target number so I was very pleased! Now if we can just get it all squared away so I can close on the boat house. I'm ready to order furniture, LOL!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, your umbrella looks great. Marty uses his quite a bit on our deck.

Dee Jay, and naturally what we forget when the travel is the item we need the most! OMG I hate to hear about a building violation on the deck replacements. You’ll be dealing with that for weeks. That is wonderful your appraisal was higher than you expected. Woo hoo! Hopefully getting your boat house will be nothing but smooth sailing from here on out. Then you can spend your time enjoying shopping and decorating.

I am watching the Broncos first game. I dressed in my usual blue and orange, dug out my Broncos bracelet and am using one of my Broncos cups. Once they win this game they only have 23 more wins to go to repeat the Super Bowl.

I picked up a snack sized curly fries and sandwich from Arby’s tonight which set me back $2.34. Cheap supper. Marty was making himself some lamb chops.

Marty has been on conference calls all day and is on one again now. Poor guy; he is either bored or insanely busy.

Tomorrow is Friday. The Perseid meteor shower peaks about 1 am tonight but I doubt I am going to watch. I’d be shot tomorrow. I’m too old to watch meteor showers then go to work.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, thank you for reminding me how nice it is to:

A: No longer be an association president - And -
B: No longer be living in a association controlled community

Yes, thank you. Under my leadership I took the association through a $1,000,000 rebuild of the entire pool and surrounding deck areas on the 4th floor amenities level. We had to deal with violations throughout the entire process. They get resolved, but man do I know the headaches you've got on your shoulders. And people are likely going to find out. And you'll likely be the vilified even though you were doing everything for everyone else.

Marcy, I remember one year getting up at 3:00 am to see the meteor shower. It was honestly a let down. It's time for football already? The Buccaneers haven't been too good the last few years. The owners have gone through coaches like crazy. I don't know who our coach is this year?

Yay to tomorrow being Friday. When we make a placement, we get to leave at 2:00 on Friday.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I don't blame you one bit for not getting up in the middle of the night to see the show in the sky! I mean, I'm sure it was lovely, but so is a full night of blissful uninterrupted sleep!

Rod, I actually thought long and hard about whether I wanted to be part of another association when I was considering the boat house. To get property right one the water that I could afford though, I didn't really have a choice. Plus, having talked to the property manager several times now I have a lot of confidence this is a well run community. (Remind me I said that when I start b!tching about stuff down the line, LOL!)

Today the plumbers got here around 8 am and a friend of mine in the building and I sat outside and "supervised" four about six hours. There's more work to be done but at least now we have a pretty solid idea of what the problem is. I've got to run up to do a showing at 4:00 and then I think the CB and I should go out to dinner because it's been a long week!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait? What? DeeJay, you're thinking of saddling yourself up to another association board? Have you lost your ever lovin' flippin' mind? Yes, me thinks you have. Run. Don't walk. Buy the Boathouse but let someone else deal with the issues. Especially since you'll be nearly 2 hours away most of the time. Cray Cray, I say. And yes, I said it! Love you........

I've been home since just after 2 PM. Charlie planted some more plants in pots. He's making up for years of not having the ability to get his hands in dirt. We trimmed some flowering thingy's that needed trimming, then we opened the umbrella and got in the spa with a glass of wine, while nice music was playing through the Lanai speakers. Using the spa on a sunny day, when the temperature is 91 was so nice under the umbrella. I don't have the temp too high on the spa. The water at 93 degrees made for a very pleasant dip.

Tonight is our normal Friday night Sushi date with our friends. The weekend is a blank canvas! Woo Hoo!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Let me be more clear!!! I had to think about whether I wanted to be a part of another association as an OWNER, not as a member of the board!

There are some small houses I could by that are true single family homes and not condos, but they (a) are not on the water and that's what I really love about this place, and (b) require all the maintenance a single family home requires... 70 miles away from my regular house. I didn't want to have to worry about getting grass cut and cleaning gutters and what if something happens (like a tree falls on the roof in a big storm) if I'm not going to be there for a full week (or more).

Sorry about the panic there Rod, ha ha! You, for a moment, must have been thinking I am truly a *special* kind of stupid!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK then DeeJay. You are now returned to the land of the sane! I don't blame you for not wanting a house to take care of with a roof and a yard, etc., when you're not nearby. Just do NOT get involved in running the association. You can be one of those who comes and complains!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I am delighted to hear you are enjoying NOT being the president of an association and not living where there is a controlled community. Some meteor showers are a bust. I guess there were 2 periods last night where the Perseids were averaging about 160 and then 190 an hour. I recorded all of the NASA live Perseids last night and will fast forward through them to see if I see anything. Talk about being a lame astronomer anymore. Yes, it is preseason football already. I don’t know who the Buccaneers coach is either. Nice that you got to leave work early today. That is great Charlie is enjoying planting flowers. Your cocktails and time in the spa sound great. Have fun at your sushi dinner tonight.

Dee Jay, I just hate to get up early any more so maybe I’ll dream of meteor showers tonight. I am saving my energy for my early morning trips to the airports soon. I hope the boat house does turn out to be a well run community. When you said that Rod might be thinking you are a special kind of stupid I thought of the Sam Elliott picture I see on Facebook all the time but hey at least I didn’t go hunt it up for you. Good idea to supervise the plumbers today. Where did you and CB go for supper?

I went and had a mini pizza for lunch and then Marty cooked steak and corn on the cob on the grill for supper. He must have left the door wide open when he was grilling his lunch because I’ve been killing flies all night. For a smart guy he doesn’t seem to get it that grilling meat right by the door attracts flies and opening the patio door and leaving it open to come in and out means the flies are going to come in and explore the house.

Marty is headed to Estes Park tomorrow for a golf tournament. He has to be on the road by 4 am. Ugh. I hope I sleep through him leaving. Ha!

Tomorrow I’ll be making my lists and checking them twice for packing.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, sorry you've spent the evening swatting flies. Maybe have Marty read this article about the diseases flies can transmit and he'll remember to keep the door closed while he's grilling.

http://www.healthhype.com/house-fly-diseases-types-spread-and-prevention.html

Sushi was great tonight. The husband of our couple we meet every Friday night was run off the road this week and hit wet grass, and his car couldn't be controlled and he crashed into a cement light pole. He found out today his 2015 Mercedes E-350 is totaled. He has to go car shopping tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure he'll get another Mercedes. His car was pretty much destroyed, yet he didn't get a scratch and walked away completely fine. There's a good reason to invest in a higher-end car. Yes there is.

Charlie found these really cool glass globes with solar powered glass LED lights for the backyard. They're pretty during the day and nicely lit at night. He bought two just to see if we'd like them. We love them and we're going to go get some more tomorrow. They provide just the right amount of light to highlight the landscaping at night

I think we'll grill out tomorrow night. Sunday I think I'll get some crabs.

Have a great weekend everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I did mention to Marty about the flies and leaving the door open and probably should have kept my mouth shut. Oh well. He’s over it. I am so sorry to hear about your friend getting in such a horrible accident but I am very relieved to hear your friend didn’t get hurt. I agree you can’t put a price on safety and those German cars are usually very well made. Sadly the Macan doesn’t have a safety rating yet; it’s too new but I am sure it’s fairly safe. That is good they are giving him a brand new car; I don’t know I’d want my car fixed after it was wrecked that bad. Those solar powered lights look really nice. I think it will be a very nice touch to your great looking backyard.

Not much going on here today. Marty left about 4:15 for a golf tournament in Colorado. They placed third so he is pretty excited. I actually slept in until 8:30. I love having a dark, dark bedroom. I went to Walgreens and picked up some “stuff” for our trip and have been working on laundry. I couldn’t figure out what I wanted for lunch so thought “mm if I go to Perkins I can have a piece of peach pie”. Sadly they didn’t have peach pie but I had a burger and fries and brought 1/2 of my burger home and the fries were just warm which kept me from eating more than a few of them. I did get a peach muffin for breakfast tomorrow.

I kind of freaked out today about the house on the beach we rented. As you may or may not know I don’t / can’t walk up and down many stairs because of my knees. The place we rented says “elevator goes from the parking garage to the top floor” and Marty assured me when we saw the info online that it surely goes up and down all floors. Fast forward to today and my in-laws forwarded an email from the owners with the key codes to get in the house and mentions you have to go up the stairs to the door. So I am in a panic that I’d have to walk the steps to get to the elevator from the garage. I go to the website of the rental house and in reading more recent reviews someone mentions their relatives stayed on the main floor because they couldn’t walk many stairs. So I am freaking out I won’t be able to stay there for more than a few days. So I emailed the owner and she said yes the elevator goes to all floors and I don’t have to walk any stairs if I don’t want to. What a relief!

Next project - figured out who to lighten the load in my purse.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm sure the Macan, being a Porsche, is going to very safe. They're not really giving our friend a new car. They totaled his car, but he has to buy a new car. In other words, the loan for the wrecked car will be paid off, but he has to start all over with the new one. I'm glad you know you won't have to walk up many stairs at the beach house.

I went over 2 miles on the elliptical today! Woo Hoo. My goal is to get up to 5 miles each session. I'm taking it slowly to build up the strength, but we are both really enjoying and actually using the machine.

It's been a great day so far. We got some more outside glass solar LED lights for the backyard. I found some touch up paint that matches the patio furniture to take care of some blemishes that have happened over the last few years. We bought all the fixings for homemade Guacamole and salsa with fresh chips. I got some jumbo shrimp and made my own cocktail sauce and that's what we did for an afternoon treat. I finally figured out that our new stereo is wifi enabled and I got it connected to the network and streamed music from my Pandora account on my iPhone outside and we had a nice glass of wine. I'm about to grill a steak for me and piece of salmon for Charlie and we're having fresh corn on the cob.

Tonight we'll get in the spa and admire the new outdoor lights in the garden.

Life is good!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I agree that the Macan will probably be pretty safe. Thanks for clarifying about the replacement car for your friend. That totally makes sense. I am on a Macan forum and his new Macan with only 2500 miles go hit by some lady not watching where she was going and I bet his car will be totaled too. That is awesome you and Charlie are enjoying the elliptical. You guys are having a great day; streaming music outside, delicious food and wine, steak and corn on the cob. Life is good!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my......I feel so badly for that guy and his new Macan. But once a car has been hit, you almost hope your insurance company totals it. I had a Mercedes a few years ago and was on my way to work. I was sitting at a traffic light and I saw an old beat up Honda Accord coming around the corner and realized the guy was going to plow into the side of my car. There was nowhere I could go or do. Turns out the guy had just gotten off a 16 hour shift and literally fell asleep at the wheel. Fortunately, he did have insurance and his insurance company rented me a car and took care of everything, but I never felt the same way about that car and it never really drove the same after it was fixed.

We just got out of the spa. We had a little storm after dinner, so it was actually cooler out and the sky and moon are so clear. Since we lived in the city, we couldn't see the stars. So it was fun to sit in the spa with nice music streaming and see the stars and clouds so clearly.

Tomorrow morning, I'll get up and go get crabs. I have to be the first person to arrive so I get the best and biggest. The family who owns the little stand where I get the crabs really like me. If I get there before they do, all I have to do is call the wife and she'll let me go home and tell me what time to come back. When I get there, she'll hand me a piece of paper with #1 on it. It helps to be a great customer.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, wouldn’t it be awful to wreck a relatively new car? I know the dealer we buy from told us about a guy that bought an A8 and wrecked on the way home from buying the car. It’s already dropped in value by driving it off the lot. I agree it is often better if the insurance just totals your car; especially on something like a really nice car like your Mercedes. How awful that guy hit you and no, they don’t ever drive quite the same again. Depends too on the damage but anything frame related definitely. I get that you don’t feel the same about them either. That gray Audi I had that I bent a rim, someone rear-ended me then took of and then it got sideswiped on the street was less than 3 years old and I decided I didn’t want it anymore. I see a trend here - I am trading this car at 3 years too - not smart money wise but hey I’m not getting any younger I may as well buy a Porsche now.

You are talking about my idea of a nice evening; viewing the stars, relaxing. Sounds great!

That is awesome you are a highly valued and appreciated customer at the crab stand. That is really nice!

I have been busy today. Didn’t work on packing but got September’s newsletter done already and printed out some handouts for the astronomy meeting this week. Strange I can’t get our OLD and I do mean OLD hardwired printer to print from my laptop anymore. I exported my handout to a flash drive and opened it on the big computer (where the printer is hooked up) and printed the handout on that. It is so much cheaper to print stuff on a laser printer than the ink jet. Looks nicer too. Of course it’s painful when the laster printer needs toner cartridges but since I don’t teach now that is few and far between.

Marty got home from golf at about noon and I made tacos for lunch. Marty ate everything except the shells. He is really sticking with no processed foods. I snagged a few ounces of the extra hamburger for lunch but he ate the rest of it. I will probably have a peach and toasted English muffin for supper.

Is tomorrow really Monday already?
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes tomorrow is really Monday. Why does the weekend go by in a nano-second and the work week lasts about a month. Why? Huh?

We had a nice day actually. We bought three more of the solar glass lights and with 9 of them now, it's simply perfect. Here's a picture we took at dusk tonight.

landscape_lights.jpg

The crabs for dinner were fantastic. By August the crabs are really jumbo and so heavy. I only ate 4 or 5 and have some left over for a snack tomorrow night.

I saw about 4 Macan's today Marcy. None were blue however. I"m sure you can't wait for yours to come. It took about 4 months from the time we ordered our Mercedes before we got them. The time went by fast.

Have a great Monday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, those solar lights are super cool! So here's a stupid question... Do they need full sun during the day to "charge up" so they work at night? Or do they still work if it's cloudy?

Curby, I have an HP laser jet that I got in 2004 when I first became a realtor. It's a work horse for things like printing word documents, but anything that takes up memory size is p...a...I...n...f...u...l...l...y slow.

Last week I went back to my three day a week schedule and I fell like I've been on a long vacation, ha ha! Thursday is a blur, Friday there were plumbers on site all day so of course I had to "supervise," Saturday we went to Ikea and looked at stuff for the boathouse kitchen, and Sunday I just cleaned the house and a friend came over for dinner. So nothing exciting to report!

My boss is out this week because his wife had a baby a few days ago so I'm making a big To Do list and I hope to finish everything on it before he gets back next week!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, that's a great question. The directions (if one could call them that) supplied on a sticker on the lights suggest direct sunlight. Even a cloudy day one is getting direct sunlight. I guess we'll find out the next time we have a cloudy day. So far, the lights are staying on throughout the night. If I get up in the middle of the night (let me rephrase - WHEN) I look out back and see the lights are still on.

3 Day workweek? That sounds wonderful. But I suspect my idea of what to do on the 2 days I wouldn't be in the office, differs a bit from what you'll be up to! My extra two days would likely involve sleeping late. Lounging in the Spa and a bit of shopping and Starbucks thrown in for good measure!

Shopping for boathouse things at Ikea sounds like fun. We could see the Ikea store from the balcony of our condo. I always get lost in there. They make it so darn hard to find the exit of the store. The first time we went there we must have walked in a circle, seeing the same departments multiple times looking for a way out! :wall:

I'm not really into work today. Must find some motivation. Hello, motivation are you nearby??

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I hear ya on the Ikea store! The part that irks me sometimes is you can SEE the escalator but you can't GET to it because they have a big open atrium in the middle of the damn store so you HAVE to walk the whole way around... ARGH! I think I'm going to do white cabinets for the kitchen but I'm struggling with the idea of either an island or a dining table across from the appliance wall. There's a table I like from West Elm made of reclaimed wood, and it comes in three sizes so I'm sure one of them would work, but I worry about not having enough kitchen storage. Then again, what exactly do I imagine I'm going to be storing in this kitchen, LOL?! This will all be easier to think through when I actually have access to the space and can tape things out on the floor...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, even in a weekend vacation home, don't cut storage short. Perhaps an Island with storage that doubles as a dining table.

Maybe something like this:

island.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, that's what I keep thinking; you can never have enough places to put stuff! There will be a 10' long closet with a deeper closet behind it (don't ask...) for storage of stuff that's infrequently used. The 63" piece of the sectional lifts up to put the bedding in. And there will be about 8' of upper cabinets as well as some lower cabinets in the kitchen. This might end up being a game day decision though. Once I get in there an tape stuff out on the floor I might have an epiphany!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right you are DeeJay. You can never have enough storage. Even in our new larger home, we've spent a lot of money to add creative storage options. You need every inch of storage you can get in a kitchen. Yes you do!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I love the lights in your backyard. You’ve got a regular paradise outside your back door. Thanks for spotting some Macans for me. I passed a Cayenne coming home today. I was excited I was able to pick it out. I remember you guys waited for your cars. I am trying to be patient. Really! I can see you peaking out the window all night now to check on your solar lights. I hear you on motivation today. I was done with my work by 11 but spent this afternoon catching up on time grids for me and my employees. I quit tracking things telling them to keep track themselves but I’ve got one lady at minus vacation hours so decided I need to at least keep any eye on that. Agreed you can never have too much storage especially in the kitchen.

Dee Jay, good question about solar lights working under cloudy skies. I see Christmas decorations around like that and they usually light up every night. Our HP color laser is about that old as well. It is a little trooper though and prints great but yes something with a lot of memory can print painfully slow. Good deal to going back to 3 day work weeks. Good luck finishing your to do list before your boss gets back next week. My boss is off this week then I’m off 2 weeks - nice! Ikea has a lot of great ideas but I am with you guys on what a pain to get out of there. I was afraid to wander off from Marty because I’d probably never find him again. Good idea to find things that can be used for storage in the boat house. Our new place has plenty of storage except the kitchen. I have one bedroom mostly empty, about 10 dresser drawers around the house empty but the kitchen is packed. I could help the situation by throwing things out but that sounds like work. Ha!

We went out for supper so I didn’t work too much on laundry.

My hairdresser moved my appointment to tomorrow so I’ll get my hair cut after work.

Laters,
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, there's a lot of money in the Tampa area, so we see high end cars all the time. I counted how many Mercedes I saw on my way to work this morning and it was over 15 and my commute is only 3 miles. There had to be as many or more BMW's and then throw in Porsche and Maserati and you get the picture. Saturday will be here before you know it! I'm sure you're looking forward to your beach vacation.

The boss is out today and I can see not much work will get done today. I've got jobs I need to fill, so I'll concentrate on them, but I also will likely check the news fairly often throughout the day.

Tonight I'm grilling port chops on the grill and then as long as it's not storming, we'll likely get in the spa. Charlie has to take the girls to the vet this afternoon for their annual checkup. It's hard to fathom they're over a year old already. They are in great health and a constant source of enjoyment. When the alarm went off this morning, I realized Eri was under the covers wrapped around my feet at the end of the bed. She's just started getting under the covers recently. Emi always sleeps next to Charlies pillow. She adores him.

Have a great day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I remember the first time I went to Ikea and was overwhelmed by the sheer size of it! I would drag Bill out there once or twice a year and he just hated it, LOL.

Rod, we've got a city full of great cars too. My temporary apartment shared a parking lot with "THE" health club in town and I would walk through there when the weather was bad. It was pretty amazing!

Last night I did not much of anything. This morning I was up early since I went to bed so early. I've been dealing with Chase since I got here though. They have questions about my homeowner's insurance policy... which I provided to them on July 22... ARGH. I'm really over those people!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, that’s nice you see a collection of high end cars on the way to work. When we bought our 2005 Audi there weren’t many Audis around town but I see them everywhere here now. I see some BMW and Mercedes here but only a few Porsche. Marty sees some 911. Marty sent me a text from Denver when he saw a white Macan. I asked him if it was speeding. I hope you had a quiet day at work. I can’t believe Eri and Emi are a year old already. That is so cute Emi adores Charlie and curls up by him when he sleeps. Eri is keeping you company and keeping your feet warm. How were your pork chops?

Dee Jay, I got pretty bored in Ikea. We went there for a few things for our new house but I like to be able to get in and out and look at what I want to see not everything in between. I am glad you and Rod get to see cool cars where you live. I was excited to follow a Tesla home once. Small thrills for small cities. I hate to hear Chase has been such a pain for you on the boathouse. Reminds me of my realtor and mortgage company.

Had a fight with one of my whiner employees today. She got all rude and defensive when I got after them to not talk while they are doing their morning verifications. She even said to me “it’s okay for you to talk to us about a Porsche but we can’t talk about our kids.” Holy cow! I said just stop; when we are working we all need to pay attention to what we are doing. A few more exchanges and she turned around and starting pouting. This afternoon she acted like nothing ever happened. I will sure miss that when I am on vacation. NOT.

I did a phone interview today and really liked the lady. She is coming in for an interview with me, my old boss and HR on Thursday. She sounds mature and just wants to work. That would be novel!

I left work at 4, got my glasses tweaked so they won’t fall off my face, got my hair cut, had a dish of Cold Stone ice cream, stopped at the store and picked up trial size stuff for our trip. I am working on laundry. Tomorrow I am switching out purses, getting my makeup bag ready and starting to pick out clothes. Progress!

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm glad you're at the point where its time to start packing for your vacation! Audi is also really big here in Tampa. This morning, I saw two Aston Martin DB9's coming into work. They're so frigging hot! Glad you spoke with a candidate you liked. Babysitting employee's is something I don't miss. I spent deal of my career in leadership roles. It's not what it's cracked up to be. I manage me, myself and I these days!

The vet visit was smooth. Both girls are slightly overweight. They've actually lost weight since we moved in the new house. They have so much more room to chase each other and chase each other they do. Charlie indulges them with too many treats, so he's going to lessen them going forward.

Yesterday was boring until about 5 PM, when my best client called to say they may move forward with one of my candidates. That's always good news. Now I have to negotiate the salary and they want to add a level of complication to the hire by bringing in this senior Project Manager on a contract basis initially. We'll see if I can get it all worked out.

Is it time to go home yet?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I have to confess as much as I look forward to going to Ikea, I find myself "over it" about half way through the visit, LOL. Last weekend I wanted to get one of the doors from the cabinets I'm going to use in the kitchen and I just couldn't bear the thought of standing in line... so I came home and ordered it off the website. I paid almost as much in shipping as I did for the item, but it was totally worth it to me not to have to wait for it, ha ha!

Rod, I currently manage no one but myself and I'm SO with you! There is a guy I've kind of inherited on an informal basis, but I'm more like a mentor to him than a manager. His actual manager is two levels above me, but he is below me* in terms of status on the org chart. It's a manifestation of an old set up and it's never been changed. He's a great guy though so I am absolutely happy to do whatever I can for him. (*I hate to us the phrase "below me" because that's not at all how I think of it, I was just trying to describe the hierarchy.)

Last night I went home thinking I was going to have to do something for a client but it is all going to get handled today. The CB made his "famous" chicken dish with mushrooms and then we went on a walk over to where some construction's been going on because I haven't been walking that way to work lately since it's such a mess. The progress is good and I think I'll start going that way again.

I was trading messages with Chase yesterday and I think I'm nearing the final review process. I asked the person I'm working with if the amount of my HELOC would go up since the appraisal came in so much higher than what we had originally discussed. She said, well it would take the underwriter about five minutes to make that happen, so I was like Go For It! That way I have plenty (WAY more than enough) cash available and I never have to go through this process again. No point in getting to this stage in the game and not just doing it, right?

I can feel an uber productive day coming on!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results