color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Those are stunning Ginie!

Luvglitz

Rough_Rock
Ginie, gorgeous pearls. I love them on you and the luster really shines through.

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Long strand twisted up today - the Tahitians and akoya keshi are from Pearl Paradise, and the Tahitian keshi are from Ehret Design Gallery.

20160705_090226-480x640.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this strand. It's a perfect mix of shapes and color contrast.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love how the twist looks! Very contemporary.

Luvglitz

Rough_Rock
Mixed Tahitians Pearls Today

It's hot here in the SW but since I hadn't worn pearls in a few days, I decided today was the day. I just love to feel them beneath my finger tips. I'm wearing my mixed off round Tahitians from AP. They are 11-13mm and 19" long. They look like they are bigger because of the shape. They are AAA almost absolutely clean and have an amazing luster. It is probably my favorite and most versatile strand. I also added some gold chains because I think it makes the pearls look less formal.

mixed-tahitian.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so jealous of your collection Luvglitz! You and I have the same taste, as I oogled many of your strands before they found their way to your welcoming home!

You should put them all together in our 'show us your collection thread'! (I realize that it's almost a carbon copy of this thread, but hey, it's nice to have lots of eye candy all in one spot).

Your strand looks beautiful on you (and yes, much larger than you'd guess based on the size of the pearls).

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ginie,

I missed these the first time. Wow!!! They are fantastic on you!

Stacyjan, I'm not sure what your seed pearls in your ring would be. Have you shown it on the other forum to see what people think there?

Luvglitz

Rough_Rock
Thank you cmd2014. Yes, this strand was even better and larger then I could have imagined. I will post to the other thread about collections as soon as I put the pictures all in one place. I have quite a few strands from AP, and they have have never disappointed me. I just wait for that vendors sales. I am slowly learning from this forum that size shouldn't be my first consideration but quality. Unfortunately, I have always loved my jewelry to really make a statement.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luvglitz|1467846648|4052284 said:
Thank you cmd2014. Yes, this strand was even better and larger then I could have imagined. I will post to the other thread about collections as soon as I put the pictures all in one place. I have quite a few strands from AP, and they have have never disappointed me. I just wait for that vendors sales. I am slowly learning from this forum that size shouldn't be my first consideration but quality. Unfortunately, I have always loved my jewelry to really make a statement.

Hmmm...I don't know...it seems to me that you've managed to do both. I've had good luck with American Pearl as well for most things. There was just one purchase where the website had double sold the item (my CC wasn't charged or anything) and they weren't super helpful in finding a suitable replacement. But in fairness, they did try. It's just that what I had tried to buy was pretty unique and at a value price point that they weren't able to find again, so what they were able to offer want quite what I was looking for. But everything I have received has been very high quality (Akoyas, freshwater pearls, and Tahitians). The luster and color on my (stock, not special order) Tahitian huggie drops is insane.

What I've gradually learned is that color, and luster will blur over small surface imperfections from even a small distance. Shape is important to me too, but small variations again are much less noticeable once something is on. Your strands seem to have fantastic color and luster and the shape is nice.

Luvglitz

Rough_Rock
Freshwater Pearls today

Today, I am wearing one of my earliest attempts at making a tin cup necklace. The pearls are bronzy pink metallic freshwater pearls. Largest is 16mm and smallest 10mm. Even though it was over 100 degrees today, the necklace was light weight and comfortable to wear.

edison.jpeg

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have posed this on the colored stone thread, but I am really excited and wearing it today and want to share. My new spider brooch with a black pearl.
img_20160907_220938.jpg
img_20160907_220856_0.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Vesper what an incredible piece!!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Siameseroo|1473560041|4075019 said:
Vesper what an incredible piece!!
Thank you!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, Vesper! What kind of stone is it?

I was in a fall mood today (although there are no signs of fall weather here yet). My GSS (16.5mm) ring seems to like dark red.

gp1.jpg

gp2.jpg

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It is green amyathyst. Thank you!

Luvglitz

Rough_Rock
Seaurchin, your ring with it's huge GSS pearl is truly beautiful. I particularly love it with your very red nails.

Luvglitz

Rough_Rock
Evenings are getting cooler, even is the days are still warm here in Texas. I wore two strands of Tahitians with a blue SS baroque pearl pendant to a luncheon today. The picture came out a little dark as the Tahitians are really silvery and the pendant light blue, sorry. It was my first time putting these strands together, and I was pleased they nested so well.

img_13629.jpg

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My new coral and seed pearl earrings.
img_20161230_160653.jpg

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Seaurchin, I love your South Sea ring and the gold rings and bracelet you have paired with it. Great style!

Luvglitz, lovely Tahitians.

Vesper your earrings are very pretty.

SparkleRookie

Rough_Rock
I'll add my little pearls to this thread!

This was my wedding set, purchased last year. The necklace is 17.5" long, with 6mm white freshwater pearls with some rosy/cream overtones. I had every intention of having them strung with a classic fish hook clasp, but then I saw this little rose clasp in the designer's box of findings and fell in love with it since it complemented the tones so well! The earrings are 5mm - I had to go a bit smaller with those because I have tiny attached earlobes.

weddingpearls1.jpg
weddingpearls2.jpg

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's really pretty! And original!

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love this!!! So original and fresh!

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is my collection
3 sea of cortez pearl pendants my favorite being my Cosita preciosa blue sea of cortez pearl pendant.
1 Japanese kusimi pearl pendant
1 Vietnamese blue baroque akoya strand
3 Tahitian keshi necklaces
3 Tahitian pearl necklaces
Enjoy!

20170228_4.jpg

20170228_5.jpg

20170228_6.jpg

screenshot_10.jpg

Vogue

Shiny_Rock
Two pieces from two grandmothers.

This pearl was originally from a ring my maternal grandfather gave my grandmother--it was mounted on this cheap metal band that almost looked like wire. We thought it couldn't be real, but it was. She never wore it, so she gave it to me, and I had it re-set for my birthday a few years ago in 14 karat yellow gold with pave on the side.

img_1413.jpg

img_1415_0.jpg

img_1417.jpg

I inherited this necklace from my paternal grandmother after her death. The blue stone in the pendant is a sapphire.

img_1418.jpg

I don't wear either piece often, but when I do, I feel so fancy!

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Both are beautiful and so special since they come from your grandmas:)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoseeCL|1488667763|4136538 said:
Both are beautiful and so special since they come from your grandmas:)
So beautiful and meaningful.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is my new 10mm freshwater pearl with 4 rose cut diamonds and turquoise in a tulip setting.
pearl_2_1.jpg
pearl_3_0.jpg
pearl_4.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful (and really unique and interesting too). Where did you find it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results