shape
carat
color
clarity

A new view on Trump

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Millions of trump supporters feel this way about Donald J. Trump....."We don't care if the guy swears... or how many times he's been married...or who he voted for, or what his income tax return shows. We want the problems fixed. Yes he's an egomaniac, but we don't care. We know he's not a racist, or bad to women, or all the other things the liberal media is trying to label him with. We know he's raised a good family, and that says a lot about him.
The country is a mess because politicians suck, the Republican Party is two faced & gutless, and illegals are everywhere and Muslims are openly trying to hurt this country and make the civilized world adjust to them. We want it all fixed!
We don't care that Trump is crude, we don't care that he has changed positions, we don't care that he fights with Megan Kelly, Rosie O'Donnell, and so many of the elected establishment. We don't care that Rubio, Cruz, Ryan, the Bush's, and so many other top old and new Republicans refuse to endorse him for their own selfish reasons, and we know what they are. We don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorists, we don't care that he tried some businesses that didn't work out.
This country is weak, bankrupt, our enemies are making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims, where every Tom, Ricardo and Hasid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in, AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED. And TRUMP is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want.
We're sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic and Republican Party. We're angry about the Iran deal, the budget, treatment of Israel, military weakness, lobbyists, special interests, overpaid politicians with their self serving bills and back room deals, trade deals, loss of jobs, manipulated economic numbers, businesses fleeing, and even the phoney pay for play Clinton Foundation.
Americans are no longer going to be fooled, and the movement is out to change the direction we're taking. Trump may not be a saint, but he doesn't have lobbyist money holding him, he doesn't have political correctness restraining him, and all you know is that he has been very successful, a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, he's flexible, and he's also not a politician. And he says he'll fix it. And we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar.
Public service has become elected greed. This may be our only chance to have a non-politician, despite his flaws, try and correct the mess, at least for 4 years. We must take the shot, because the consequences of putting Hillary Clinton in office are frightening. There is a tidal wave happening, and its going to overcome much of what's happened to this country.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, I agree with you, millions of Trump supporters feel exactly this way.

For those of you who think all that is so much bunk that you don't even know where to start, I say: do not get complacent. Clinton's 86% chance of winning (right now, as predicted by statistician Nate Silver) does not mean that 86% of the population would choose her, or that she can count on 86% of the electoral college votes. It means that, given this exact set of polling data and political/economic climate, 86 out of 100 times Clinton would win and 14 out of 100 Trump would. Fourteen out of one hundred times. Unlikely, but certainly not impossible. If he were to squeak in with 270 electoral votes, it doesn't matter that it only had a 14% chance - it's a 100% win.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
siv1 I am not sure if this is your view or not as you did not say. Thank you for having the guts to post it if so. :appl:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1470875054|4064539 said:

For those of you who think all that is so much bunk that you don't even know where to start, I say: do not get complacent. Clinton's 86% chance of winning does (right now, as predicted by statistician Nate Silver) does not mean that 86% of the population would choose her, or that she can count on 86% of the electoral college votes. It means that, given this exact set of polling data and political/economic climate, 86 out of 100 times Clinton would win and 14 out of 100 Trump would. Fourteen out of one hundred times. Unlikely, but certainly not impossible. If he were to squeak in with 270 electoral votes, it doesn't matter that it only had a 14% chance - it's a 100% win.

LOVE Nate Silver and his site. His reputation - already pretty stellar -is on the line, and that is always encouraging. He has no reason to slant anything, and is very open about how he gets his numbers.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a strong argument for Clinton 2016.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470875667|4064544 said:
siv1 I am not sure if this is your view or not as you did not say. Thank you for having the guts to post it if so. :appl:
:-o .. a Trump supporter on PS? ... :o :bigsmile:

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm only going to comment on a couple of points because there's too much insanity to cover as a whole. The racism was a nice little cherry on top.

siv1|1470874011|4064527 said:
Millions of trump supporters feel this way about Donald J. Trump....."We don't care if the guy swears... or how many times he's been married...or who he voted for, or what his income tax return shows. We want the problems fixed. Yes he's an egomaniac, but we don't care. We know he's not a racist, or bad to women, or all the other things the liberal media is trying to label him with. We know he's raised a good family, and that says a lot about him.

What do you think is more likely: every single news organization save a select few (the ones daring to tell the REAL truth!) is part of some vast, left-wing conspiracy, OR, you (the general you, not the OP) have a preferred narrative that a lot of reporting doesn't fit into? Donald Trump needs no left-wing smearing, the words are coming out of his mouth, recorded, verbatim. But like it says, you (again, general) don't care. And you really, really should.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My very smart niece, who barely finished high school (not due to aptitude but due to temperament) and is now working at some dead end job and still living at home (and is resentful about it and blames the 'other' for it though it was her own decisions that landed her where she is) could have written if she had a better vocabulary or a ghost writer.

She actually wrote to me that, she "believe in Trump even though people think he says mean things." Yes. She actually said "mean things".

My husband did not believe me and had to read it for himself. It's lovely that she can vote in this election. :roll:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1470875712|4064546 said:

For those of you who think all that is so much bunk that you don't even know where to start, I say: do not get complacent. Clinton's 86% chance of winning does (right now, as predicted by statistician Nate Silver) does not mean that 86% of the population would choose her, or that she can count on 86% of the electoral college votes. It means that, given this exact set of polling data and political/economic climate, 86 out of 100 times Clinton would win and 14 out of 100 Trump would. Fourteen out of one hundred times. Unlikely, but certainly not impossible. If he were to squeak in with 270 electoral votes, it doesn't matter that it only had a 14% chance - it's a 100% win.

LOVE Nate Silver and his site. His reputation - already pretty stellar -is on the line, and that is always encouraging. He has no reason to slant anything, and is very open about how he gets his numbers.
Maybe from PS??.. :lol: Yes HC is leading but not by that many percentage.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, so a guy that is a proven sexist racist philanderer (great family man) who has bought up his sons to and I quote, "date and screw only models" (again great family values) and who has been bankrupt numerous times and when it gets too hard he generally blames everyone else and has a dummy spit is going to be the holy saviour of the country..... Goodluck with that :!:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1470899894|4064662 said:
Ahhh, so a guy that is a proven sexist racist philanderer (great family man) who has bought up his sons to and I quote, "date and screw only models" (again great family values) and who has been bankrupt numerous times and when it gets too hard he generally blames everyone else and has a dummy spit is going to be the holy saviour of the country..... Goodluck with that :!:

And that is, pretty much what I wrote back (without the sarcasm) to my niece. Who did not, surprisingly, respond back.

I don't understand how these issues can be summed up as "saying mean things" or as "qualifications for leader of the free world" and to date no one has been able to explain it to me.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1470899604|4064661 said:
ksinger|1470875712|4064546 said:

Maybe from PS??.. :lol: Yes HC is leading but not by that many percentage.

Oh sweet DF. Let me know when you're interested in math lessons on probability. :halo:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is he going to fix it? he has no experience in law (except to be sued or sue).. I don't want this jerk to win, but if HE DID win, Americans who voted for him will get exactly what they deserve. The rich will get richer, the poor, poorer. The famous debt will go sky higher, the earth we live on will continue to be ravaged by coal burning.. maybe he will try to institute a national religion.. the constitution has been interpreted any which way the conservative/trumpeters want.. that would be well deserved. Hopefully he won't start an atomic war, but I can't be positive he won't. Trump supporters deserve the dystopian world the donald will create.

The country is a mess because politicians suck, the Republican Party is two faced & gutless, and illegals are everywhere and Muslims are openly trying to hurt this country and make the civilized world adjust to them. We want it all fixed!
We don't care that Trump is crude, we don't care that he has changed positions, we don't care that he fights with Megan Kelly, Rosie O'Donnell, and so many of the elected establishment. We don't care that Rubio, Cruz, Ryan, the Bush's, and so many other top old and new Republicans refuse to endorse him for their own selfish reasons, and we know what they are. We don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorists, we don't care that he tried some businesses that didn't work out.
This country is weak, bankrupt, our enemies are making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims, where every Tom, Ricardo and Hasid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in, AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED. And TRUMP is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want.
We're sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic and Republican Party. We're angry about the Iran deal, the budget, treatment of Israel, military weakness, lobbyists, special interests, overpaid politicians with their self serving bills and back room deals, trade deals, loss of jobs, manipulated economic numbers, businesses fleeing, and even the phoney pay for play Clinton Foundation.
Americans are no longer going to be fooled, and the movement is out to change the direction we're taking. Trump may not be a saint, but he doesn't have lobbyist money holding him, he doesn't have political correctness restraining him, and all you know is that he has been very successful, a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, he's flexible, and he's also not a politician. And he says he'll fix it. And we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar.
Public service has become elected greed. This may be our only chance to have a non-politician, despite his flaws, try and correct the mess, at least for 4 years. We must take the shot, because the consequences of putting Hillary Clinton in office are frightening. There is a tidal wave happening, and its going to overcome much of what's happened to this country.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
We don't care that Trump is crude, we don't care that he has changed positions, we don't care that he fights with Megan Kelly, Rosie O'Donnell, and so many of the elected establishment.
Except that we should, because he didn't just fight with Megan Kelly, he made derogatory remarks related to her gender. There's a difference. And we also should care, because it shows that he is absolutely incapable of playing nice, which is unfortunately an important part of grown up life - president or no.
Trump understands what some small subset of people want. Don't deign to suggest that he understands all of us.
Trump may not be a saint, but he doesn't have lobbyist money holding him, he doesn't have political correctness restraining him, and all you know is that he has been very successful, a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, he's flexible, and he's also not a politician. And he says he'll fix it.
Trust me, Trump may not have lobbyist money holding him, but he has an even bigger special interest. Himself and his cronies. Largest campaign expenditure to date? Straight to Mar-a-lago. Don't try to pretend like he has no interests. He does, they're just slightly different than most politicians.

While Trump has built a lot of things, he's destroyed many as well. Trump University (hah! what a joke), the Taj Mahal, and numerous other Chapter 11 filings and reorganizations. Try again.

E B

Ideal_Rock
And he says he'll fix it. And we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar.

It being boiled down to this-- THIS being the grand argument-- is utter clown shoes. The man is constantly proven wrong and constantly lying. Daily. Again, those darn words of his being reported verbatim is proof. Thinking you're never wrong, or that you never lie, is not the same as actually never being wrong, or never lying. Trump is very much the former, and that's not "my feeling," that's fact.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Millions of trump supporters feel this way about Donald J. Trump....."We don't care if the guy swears... or how many times he's been married...or who he voted for, or what his income tax return shows. We want the problems fixed. Yes he's an egomaniac, but we don't care. We know he's not a racist, or bad to women, or all the other things the liberal media is trying to label him with. We know he's raised a good family, and that says a lot about him....
We don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorists, we don't care that he tried some businesses that didn't work out.
This country is weak, bankrupt, our enemies are making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims, where every Tom, Ricardo and Hasid is a special group with special rights

This entire post is too riddled with factual errors and racism to cover all of it, but the bolded parts are especially ridiculous.

So somehow you "know" that he isn't a racist or bad to women, despite the things he has DIRECTLY stated to the contrary?!? And he raised a "good" family--how? What does that even mean?

And the second bolded part proves that you likely share his blatantly racist views, so obviously the fact that you don't perceive him to be racist is not entirely surprising, though it's deeply depressing.

Your post proves exactly why we need Clinton for president, and why a Trump presidency is terrifying.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that was some racist bull if I ever did smell it!

we are being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims, where every Tom, Ricardo and Hasid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in, AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED

This is code for

There aren't enough white people anymore! Wahhh

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fail to see how Clinton is any better, just slightly different sins.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since siv1 did not address whether this is her view or not, I will address the opinion and not attribute it to her.

When I read the OP I see so much anger toward the establishment, be it democrat or republican. It is teeming with frustration at the government and its inability to operate efficiently or with observed equality. I do not label anyone as racist and will not do it in this thread. I have my own views about special interest groups and will not muddy the OP's thread with them.

Trump has magnificently tapped into this very anger. You have to give him credit for that. But I do feel that despite all the things that the OP says about not caring, we absolutely should care about the demeanor of our president. No matter who it is because they represent the US on the world stage. This continued irresponsible rhetoric he spouts will be his downfall.

My husband and I have discussed the candidates at length and this may very well be the first election in decades that we sit out. I am dismayed and embarrassed at the candidates put forth by both parties. Washington is decidedly corrupt but Trump is not the answer.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470942032|4064856 said:
Since siv1 did not address whether this is her view or not, I will address the opinion and not attribute it to her.

When I read the OP I see so much anger toward the establishment, be it democrat or republican. It is teeming with frustration at the government and its inability to operate efficiently or with observed equality. I do not label anyone as racist and will not do it in this thread. I have my own views about special interest groups and will not muddy the OP's thread with them.

Trump has magnificently tapped into this very anger. You have to give him credit for that. But I do feel that despite all the things that the OP says about not caring, we absolutely should care about the demeanor of our president. No matter who it is because they represent the US on the world stage. This continued irresponsible rhetoric he spouts will be his downfall.

My husband and I have discussed the candidates at length and this may very well be the first election in decades that we sit out. I am dismayed and embarrassed at the candidates put forth by both parties. Washington is decidedly corrupt but Trump is not the answer.

Well said, Red. We have very different opinions on many facets of politics (from reading your previous posts), but I 100% agree with what you're written here. Trump has (unfortunately) been very successful in reaching some very angry people. Not caring about what he says is a scary prospect, especially because he both represents the US and (in some ways) represents views held by some who vote for him.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1470942780|4064862 said:

Well said, Red. We have very different opinions on many facets of politics (from reading your previous posts), but I 100% agree with what you're written here. Trump has (unfortunately) been very successful in reaching some very angry people. Not caring about what he says is a scary prospect, especially because he both represents the US and (in some ways) represents views held by some who vote for him.
I will NEVER sit out.. I will never just turn my head... I have a choice, my choice is based on whom I THINK will be better for America because one I HAVE learned in this election above all is that everyone has baggage, everyone makes mistakes when they are young, everyone loves and stops loving their spouse, I pick and choose that person whom I think will carry America forward. It is obvious to me whom that is.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad you feel this way T. I am not in the same boat.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wildcat03|1470927437|4064754 said:
While Trump has built a lot of things, he's destroyed many as well. Trump University (hah! what a joke), the Taj Mahal, and numerous other Chapter 11 filings and reorganizations. Try again.
If HC continue with 4 more yrs of Obama policies then our country will need to file for chapter 11. Our country is already 19 trillion in debt... :wall:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1470949025|4064901 said:
I will NEVER sit out.. I will never just turn my head... I have a choice, my choice is based on whom I THINK will be better for America because one I HAVE learned in this election above all is that everyone has baggage, everyone makes mistakes when they are young, everyone loves and stops loving their spouse, I pick and choose that person whom I think will carry America forward. It is obvious to me whom that is.
Sorry Tekate I am NOT qualify to run for POTUS... ;(

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1470942780|4064862 said:

Ditto.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
52% of the UK wanted things fixed too. They didn't know how or what exactly. Some vague comments about the immigrants stealing jobs and EU spending. So this 52% listened to 2 charismatic men, you know, not your typical politicians but ones who drink, smoke, swear and don't comb their hair. On 23rd June this 52% fixed these things, they went to the polls and voted to leave the EU. No more immigrants, no more stupid EU rules, no more excessive EU spending. You know, we made Britain independent again.

Or something. Our currency plummeted to a 31 year low. Pensions and retirement accounts lost millions. The rest of the EU won't make trade deals with us. The much cited if Norway ("if they can do it, we can too...") pays more money to stay out of the EU, sit in the meetings and yet not have a vote than we do to be part of the EU complete with vote. The regions who wanted out the most actually have the least amount of immigrants and get the most EU funding. Our interest rates were cut. While we can't declare it's a recession until 3 months of official contraction it's probably coming, and with that a lot of job loss and business moving to where it's "safe" in other EU countries.

Learn from us, or the 52% of them actually. I'm sure many more people want it fixed than that, I do. I JUST WANT IT FIXED too. But I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face. I'm not going to vote for people who don't have answers to important questions or question dodge. The immature side of me likes politicians drinking, smoking, swearing and not having combed hair. It is far more personable than prim and proper. But I'm not fooled. They, the politicians, are all wealthy. They're all expensively educated. They all protect their own interests. Change will be slower if we stay with the status quo rather than electing someone very different.

The US, along with many other places, needs some fixing. The reaction though is too emotional, not analytical. The solutions and how they're enacted sound like what a group of friends came up with down the pub over a few beers when they put the world to rights. In the cold light of next day's hangover is what anyone's proposing actually possible?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea thank you for that insightful and thoughtful post.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1470992827|4065084 said:
52% of the UK wanted things fixed too. They didn't know how or what exactly. Some vague comments about the immigrants stealing jobs and EU spending. So this 52% listened to 2 charismatic men, you know, not your typical politicians but ones who drink, smoke, swear and don't comb their hair. On 23rd June this 52% fixed these things, they went to the polls and voted to leave the EU. No more immigrants, no more stupid EU rules, no more excessive EU spending. You know, we made Britain independent again.

Rhea,
I believe this is why Trump has gotten as far as he has. People just wanted things fixed but didn't know how. Replace the word UK with USA and it's the same scenario. I want everything fixed too but I don't want to go to the other extreme and have everything go down in a handbasket. Slow and steady is safer (and easier to steer) than veering off headlong (down the cliff).

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1470939277|4064837 said:
I fail to see how Clinton is any better, just slightly different sins.

Her sins are made up or slanted by the conservative press and very very rich men/women who want to continue to the poor down, the dumb stupider and the kind turn into scumbags. If you can list her sins I can research them for you and find unbiased opinions on how serious her 'sins' are. She was villified for staying with her dumbbutt husband, no press ever understood that she loved her kid and didn't want to break up the family and she married for life, like my parents did.. I think she would have been better to leave him but I cannot fault a woman or man who puts up with something because they love their family, kid(s) and they are traditional. So if you can list her serious sins (not the little ones) then I will try to find out the fact vs fiction of it.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1470958194|4064960 said:
Tekate|1470949025|4064901 said:
Sorry Tekate I am NOT qualify to run for POTUS... ;(

sir! I would take you any day any time of the week, and I bet you dollars you would do a great job.. seriously. You love diamonds and I do too! we have that in common!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results