shape
carat
color
clarity

What shows have you recently binge watched?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just flew through "Master of None" yesterday. It was funny.

Every time I think of Aziz Ansari, I think about the "treat yo self" episodes on Parks and Recreation :lol: :lol: :lol: . That's what I tell myself whenever I buy bling - "treat yo self!"

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finished Bosch Season 2 yesterday. LOVE IT.

Also waiting for Bloodline, Lil Misfit.

Will have to check out White Queen.

I've been DVR-ing Lucifer (FOX) and watching it in groups, I really like this show, it has a quirk to it that I find amusing. Love the psychiatrist/Lucifer thing too.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Applicable article on nbcnews.com today:

Netflix Looks at Which Shows Are Most Binge-Watched
by REUTERS

Netflix popularized binge viewing. But some of its shows are more binge-able than others.

The streaming service, which does not release viewership data for its programming, on Tuesday offered a bit of information about how much time viewers spend watching its original series and other shows available on its service.

Netflix measured the amount of time that users spent watching more than 100 different titles. The median viewing time for a Netflix user watching one title was two hours and 10 minutes per sitting, the company found, with the median time for completing a series standing at six days. It then divided its titles up into two categories — "savored" and "devoured."

PlayNetflix says they'll be offering more family programming this year Facebook Twitter Google Plus Embed
Netflix says they'll be offering more family programming this year 0:21
Titles in the "devoured" camp included "Sense8," "Orphan Black," "The 100," "The Walking Dead," "American Horror Story," "The Fall," "Orange Is the New Black," "Nurse Jackie" and "Grace & Frankie." Those were typically completed in four days and viewed roughly two hours, 30 minutes per sitting.

On the "savored" side are "House of Cards," "Bloodline," "Peaky Blinders," "Mad Men," "BoJack Horseman," "Love" and "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt." Those titles are typically completed in six days and viewed roughly one hour and 45 minutes per sitting.

Netflix analyzed viewing data from more than 190 countries from October 2015 to May 2016 for the survey.

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/netflix-looks-which-shows-are-most-binge-watched-n588276

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finished Bloodline season 2 on Monday while trying to figure out if I was suffering from a UTI or diverticulitis. The binge watching helped distract me :appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Torchwood and Humans.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1454948960|3988397 said:
I'm addicted to "Foyle's War", now streaming on Netflix.

From their wesbite:

Michael Kitchen (Out of Africa) stars in this universally acclaimed mystery as DCS Christopher Foyle, investigating crimes on the home front during WWII and, later, counterintelligence threats at the dawn of the Cold War.
Also starring Honeysuckle Weeks, Anthony Howell, and a host of fantastic guest stars, the series boasts superb acting, uncompromising historical accuracy, and compelling mysteries that make it "a triumph from start to finish" (The Wall Street Journal).

This actress is fantastic!!!
But my Glob! why the silly name ... Honeysuckle Weeks? :lol:

Loved this show. Watched it all on Netflix and I feel like I could watch it again :)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just caught up with The Night Of, a well written and acted suspenseful murder mystery. We just watched 4 of 8 episodes (first episode aired July 10) and can't wait to see how it ends.

We've also been watching Vice Principals which is funny so far.

Q

Queenie60

Recovering from Surgery - finished Grace & Frankie on Netflix. Only two seasons available. Very good show! Just starting Ray Donovan.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie, wishing you an easy recovery and sending bucket loads of healing dust your way. And (((HUGS))).

We just started Friday Night Lights and watched the first 2 episodes last night. My dh is enjoying it more than I am but it is a very good show. I just don't care for football and its violence but I very much like the drama part of the show that doesn't show the football game itself. So I am going to continue watching it for now.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zombie Nation on netflix. it's great!!!!

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The White Queen is interesting because it's such a bizarre (and mostly true) story. She was so prolific that almost all of Britain's ruling class is related to her. If you want to read more about it, I really love Alison Weir's biographies, even though she is controversial. Her research is thorough and she has a knack for making history read like a story, plus inserting interesting and seemingly mundane details such as diets, wardrobes, pets, sanitation and so on.

We just finished 4 seasons of Once Upon a Time. The kids loved it. My husband and I have recently started Breaking Bad, but I'm kind of so-so on it. No one in that show is likeable. Maybe it gets better.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We recently binged on Marco Polo, and Penny Dreadful.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jane The Virgin (LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!), and Stranger Things. The latter stars the child of a classmate of my husband's, Gaten Matazarro. It has a great cast (Winona Ryder and Matthew Modine to name a couple) and although I'm not big on sci-fi/horror, I am glad I gave it a chance based on the recommendation of a friend. I liken it to E.T. on steroids, with a little Firestarter thrown in.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Mr Robot" was my latest binge.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1470350068|4062616 said:
Jane The Virgin (LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!), and Stranger Things. The latter stars the child of a classmate of my husband's, Gaten Matazarro. It has a great cast (Winona Ryder and Matthew Modine to name a couple) and although I'm not big on sci-fi/horror, I am glad I gave it a chance based on the recommendation of a friend. I liken it to E.T. on steroids, with a little Firestarter thrown in.

Loved Stranger Things too Monnie. I agree with your description of it being like ET on steroids. :bigsmile:

Karen, we also loved Penny Dreadful.

Thank you all for sharing your recs and I am keeping a list because I haven't heard of some of these shows and look forward to checking it out.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
jordyonbass|1454992885|3988656 said:
I'm picky with what I watch on TV, but the last show that had me hooked was a competition called 'Alone'. They put 10 survival experts in isolated spots on Vancouver Island in British Columbia and the contestants can take 10 items of their choice, the goal is to survive as long as possible. They've got a whole lot of camera gear to self-document their experience and a tap-out button where they can give up and the producers come rescue them, last man standing gets half a million.

Being a person that ventures out into the wild solo it interested me to watch how they adapted to an environment with bears, wolves and cougars as well as fight their own mental games.

Just finished watching Alone season 2, this season they had 3 women in the competition and I actually had high hopes for all 3 of them. To say that I was surprised by who won this season is an understatement. Still highly recommend this show!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Watching the last installment of Stranger Things now.. it's so good! like when movies were less gore and more suspense... it's ET, IT, Stand By Me, all rolled into one.. Best part is that it is in the 80s, no cell phones, cameras, kids rode bikes! :))

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1470412629|4062793 said:

Watching the last installment of Stranger Things now.. it's so good! like when movies were less gore and more suspense... it's ET, IT, Stand By Me, all rolled into one.. Best part is that it is in the 80s, no cell phones, cameras, kids rode bikes! :))

Yes! They nailed it with everything from props to wardrobe to musical scores to hairstyles to the titular font as well as that of the credits. The kids in this show are around the age my brother was during that part of the 80's (I'm 4 years younger, so I was more the Gertie to his Elliott) and it was really nostalgic and familiar!

I'm currently hooked on Gossip Girl. I don't know why...I guess I got curious about Blake Lively and all the hype surrounding her the past few years. It's not entirely awful--I am enjoying the wardrobes. :lol: It's like a modern day Heathers, school uniforms, colored tights, devious behavior/dark comedy and all.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peaky Blinders. We have just two episodes left in series 3 and then it'll be an excruciating wait until series 4 is available. Some of the finest writing and acting I've seen!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy shit season 4 of wentworth on Netflix!!! :shock:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to this thread (or the Netflix one, I can't remember) Stranger Things.

Loving it.

I can't believe I liked it from the very 1st episode. Awesome acting...just awesome...

Wynona is a gift in this series. Just perfect.

(only 2 little things bugged me about it so far, when usually, I have like 20 by now we're on the 6th episode I think).

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1470392919|4062724 said:
Just finished watching Alone season 2, this season they had 3 women in the competition and I actually had high hopes for all 3 of them. To say that I was surprised by who won this season is an understatement. Still highly recommend this show!!
I LOVED this show! I didn't know there was a season 1, but I thought it was super interesting. I've been to van island many times (never like that though!), and it was so exciting to see how some of them really thrived.

I was very surprised who went home near the end vs who stayed. It was like they were expecting some sort of mental breakdown, but since they were doing OK it was too boring :lol:
I was very surprised at who won too. One of my favourites, if not a little crazy. I kind of want to try a limpet now.

My newest obsession - and I'm a bit ashamed - vampire diaries. Its so awful but addicting at the same time. I also like Nina Dobrev (go Canada) and the guys aren't bad either!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1470442660|4062935 said:
I'm currently hooked on Gossip Girl. I don't know why...I guess I got curious about Blake Lively and all the hype surrounding her the past few years. It's not entirely awful--I am enjoying the wardrobes. :lol: It's like a modern day Heathers, school uniforms, colored tights, devious behavior/dark comedy and all.
I actually liked watching gossip girl too. At least the earlier seasons. It just made me want to be a multi-millionaire in NYC :love:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BeekeeperBetty|1470329372|4062520 said:
My husband and I have recently started Breaking Bad, but I'm kind of so-so on it. No one in that show is likeable. Maybe it gets better.
So-so. I think that's one of the best things about the show is that there isn't a typical hero. You go through ups and downs with each individual character, which makes them so much more human.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results