clarity

Interesting take on the Trump vs Khan situation

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As somone once said, "Well we don't really need all of these (Trump threads). It just makes the cons feel better."

Oh and, "This was a joke, for pete's sake."

:mrgreen:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This wasn't one of the Hillary threads. ;))

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I wonder if Mr. Khan has come to terms with the fact that another Muslim murdered his beloved son Humayun — and the other 3,836 Americans with whom Capt. Khan served in Iraq."

I found this part particular distasteful. Perhaps you don't realize, but "Islamic terrorism" is the most harmful to other muslims. Not to other religions or to Westerners. That just makes the news. ISIS kills other muslims, more so than any other religion, ones who don't agree with them. But no one cares about the 320+ people - families and children - that died in Baghdad only a month ago.

Did Clinton pick a family that would play to their agenda? Of course. They picked a family that under Trump would not be allowed in the country - even if they were willing to die for it. They picked a family who were well educated and incredibly well spoken, that gets their message across better. Does that invalidate that their son died for your country? No. Does that invalidate the shit that Trump said about them? No.

I'm honestly astonished that people are still trying to justify this. It's disgusting.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I found the comments from many news media outlets about Pat Smith after her appearance at the RNC very distasteful and disgusting.

Especially by Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow. And the guy from GQ that thinks she should be beaten to death? Seriously?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1470257012|4062215 said:
"I wonder if Mr. Khan has come to terms with the fact that another Muslim murdered his beloved son Humayun — and the other 3,836 Americans with whom Capt. Khan served in Iraq."

I found this part particular distasteful. Perhaps you don't realize, but "Islamic terrorism" is the most harmful to other muslims. Not to other religions or to Westerners. That just makes the news. ISIS kills other muslims, more so than any other religion, ones who don't agree with them. But no one cares about the 320+ people - families and children - that died in Baghdad only a month ago.

Did Clinton pick a family that would play to their agenda? Of course. They picked a family that under Trump would not be allowed in the country - even if they were willing to die for it. They picked a family who were well educated and incredibly well spoken, that gets their message across better. Does that invalidate that their son died for your country? No. Does that invalidate the shit that Trump said about them? No.

I'm honestly astonished that people are still trying to justify this. It's disgusting.

telephone-

I hadn't realized that I was supposed to click on the link. I thought that the cartoon was a stand alone joke and that the link was merely where I could go to see its source if I wished. Thank you for bringing to my attention that there was more.

The quotation is beyond disgusting.

I have written here before that Islamic countries are often the targets of ISIS. (Recently I wrote about the attack at Ataturk Airport in Istanbul.) Why westerners do not get it would be beyond me, except that I know xenophobia; ethnocentrism; and racism when I encounter them.

Thank you for your insight.

Deb/AGBF

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Couldn't agree more.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

No one is justifying anything that Trump did or said in that article. In fact it admonishes him for what he said. It contains other information that is not being given elsewhere.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470258461|4062223 said:
No one is justifying anything that Trump did or said in that article. In fact it admonishes him for what he said. It contains other information that is not being given elsewhere.
By trying to turn it around on Clinton, I believe that is trying to justify what he said.
"It wasn't that bad because OMG HILARY SAID THIS"
"I mean, he was kind of being a dick but OMG HILARY DID THIS"

TBH I don't see how it 'contains other information that is not being given elsewhere', I assume (feel free to correct me) that all of his 'facts' are likely easily found with a quick google search. So it's not like he got a secret interview with brand new information that no one has ever heard before. Colour me confused.

E B

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1470257450|4062218 said:
And I found the comments from many news media outlets about Pat Smith after her appearance at the RNC very distasteful and disgusting.

Especially by Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow. And the guy from GQ that thinks she should be beaten to death? Seriously?

Which comments by Chris and Rachel in particular?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MSM is not broadcasting Mr. Khan's connection with the Clintons, Saudi Arabia, etc.

These are opinions of those that are other than Hillary lockstep libs.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1470259038|4062227 said:

Which comments by Chris and Rachel in particular?

Chris Matthews

"I don't understand why the Republicans would choose to put this on prime-time television when they have such wonderful stories of American heroism to speak to the American people," an emotional Matthews said. "I think it was wrong.
"I don't care what that woman up there, the mother, has felt," he continued. "Her emotions are her own. But for the country in choosing a leader, it's wrong to have someone get up there and tell a lie about Hillary Clinton. It's not true. It's logically not true. I think it's wrong that they ruined their evening with this."

Can you imagine if someone said this about Khan?

"I don't care what that woman up there, the mother, has felt,"

E B

Ideal_Rock
By the way, that entire publication is very eye opening. You wonder why Trump has made it as far as he has, look no further than the Patriot Post. Everything is the fault of the libs. Everything. How about this choice line from the article below it about BLM:

Of course, for those black children that manage to escape the womb before being killed by a Democrat, there should also be legal protections.

I truly hope this isn't a daily news stop for you, redwood.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why is that any different than ISIS being Bush's fault? Or republicans? Or every other ailment that liberals have?

You can get your news just from liberal outlets but no thank you for me. I look at many places.

ETA people vary.

E B

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1470259512|4062232 said:
Why is that any different than ISIS being Bush's fault? Or republicans? Or every other ailment that liberals have?

First, thanks for proving my point. :wacko:

Second, I won't deny that liberal voters blame Bush for a lot, but there's a difference between blaming a President for *insert decisions here* and blaming an entire group of voting age people for everything. Scanning through those articles, can you not feel a heightened sense of anger, of fear, of finger pointing at an entire group? This, compared with the "liberal mainstream media" is truly night and day. There's an ocean of difference between "we're against Trump" and "we're against THE LIBS." From this anger, from this tension, Trump for President was born. There is no denying this.

By the way, I watched the video of Chris Matthews you mentioned and I don't think he was saying he didn't care about how she felt, because right after, he says "her emotions are her own." I think what he meant to say was that how she feels is one thing, but what she says is another, and what she said was wrong (and it was). I think it came out in a clunky way, and but if it is what he meant, then I agree, it was wrong of him to say.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We shall agree to disagree and as I said I get info from many sources. I thought the article was interesting. And that was all I said. Take it as you will.

And yes many liberals blame republicans for most of everything.

The reason for the Patriot Post and other conservative publications, talk radio hosts, etc. is due to the increasing progressive attitude of the country especially in major population centers. I and many others don't want a globalization of the US. We don't want to be in an EU type situation. Our country is unique and progressives condemn us for that view.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470259512|4062232 said:

You can get your news just from liberal outlets but no thank you for me. I look at many places.

ETA people vary.

I guess I'd consider myself a liberal although its not a label I think is accurate, but okay: I'm highly educated, I'm well off, I'm willing to have less in order for society to run safely and smoothly. So why do I have an "ailment?" Isn't it MY RIGHT to be a "liberal?" Or any other label I want to put on myself?

It just cracks me up, all the supposedly patriotic conservatives who somehow forget there is nothing more American than freedom to believe what you want to!

If believing in people's rights makes me a liberal, okay too!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: I was stereotyping az. You have every right to be a liberal just like I have every right to be a conservative. I am just trying to point out that many people feel like I do. Especially where I live. They just don't post on PS. :((

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470263135|4062249 said:
:lol: I was stereotyping az. You have every right to be a liberal just like I have every right to be a conservative. I am just trying to point out that many people feel like I do. Especially where I live. They just don't post on PS. :((
Keep on fighting RW.. :clap:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1470264067|4062253 said:

Yeah, all I need is just a few more posts from RW66 ... I'm really really close to voting for Trump. :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1470264194|4062255 said:

Yeah, all I need is just a few more posts from RW66 ... I'm really really close to voting for Trump. :lol:

:lol: Yay!!!

Q

Queenie60

:clap: :clap: :clap: Redwood :clap: :clap: :clap: Look at the impact your Chutzpah is having on PS!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know what bothers me? That racist prick has the balls to call is publication the Patriot Post.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a few more she may even convince Deb... :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1470265042|4062266 said:

And a few more she may even convince Deb... :lol:

That's what you think. Al is going to have to tell me where she bought her chainsaw. I am going to buy one, too.

Deb

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If I was your neighbor, for example, I'd have your back!!! I think you'd probably mine too, I hope!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course I would. We just wouldn't vote the same or go to the same political meetings. :D In fact, I try not to discuss politics with my few dem friends who live here. Its just polite not to.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

During WWII my exhusband's uncle was killed at Anzio, his uncle was a first generation Italian-American, otherwise known as an American. I would guess the Khan's feel American first. I do know that the sadness that my ex's grandmother felt over her son's death was much worse than that he was killed in her home country of Italy, and this woman NEVER wore anything but black for the next 30 years, and she never blamed Italy and she never leaned English. We communicated by hand waving and smiles.. an italian catholic killed by italian catholics. She felt American.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well the Khzir's were not there to blame George Bush (which they could have). They were speaking of Trump and his lies. We have had years of Benghazi reports, from newspapers to the congress. The guy from GQ apologized, he did exercise his 1st amendment right to free speech that was very ugly, unkind, means spirited, angry, stupid etc. That guy of talk has brought us Trump.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

I'm honestly astonished that people are still trying to justify this. It's disgusting

So.much.this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results