shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about the side of my ring

CTsparkle13

Shiny_Rock
Would the side of this ring bother you??? I had this setting custom made and I love it except I am a little OCD and the sides bother me. I wear two rings together and they are both platinum. I like the look of the sides but the patina look bothers me. Am I being crazy and if I were to change the bottom of the ring what could I do? I tried a spacer band and hated that look so that isn't an option. Thank you in advance!

_37953.jpg

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
My rings are platinum and do the same thing. I'm not bothered enough to try and 'fix' the issue.

Apart from soldering the bands together, I don't see how this would be avoided. Even a spacer would rub at least some.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you mean about change the bottom of the ring? Are you talking the side of the bottom or the outside of the shank on
the bottom? Anyway, do you mean something like engraving?

CTsparkle13

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1470099819|4061509 said:
What do you mean about change the bottom of the ring? Are you talking the side of the bottom or the outside of the shank on
the bottom? Anyway, do you mean something like engraving?

I was thinking of changing the inside where you see the marks to diamonds maybe.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
The only way to prevent that rubbing is to solder your rings...or only wear one ring at a time. Even spacers can rub.

It seems you are asking about redesigning the ring so the band is three sided pave? My understanding is it is not recommended to wear another ring against three sided pave either - it would just get scratched (and wearing two three sided pave bands would mean the diamonds scratching against each other). So you would not really be any further ahead.

A friend of mine does not like patina either. She has a plain platinum domed engagement ring and plain platinum domed wedding band (so no "edges" to rub) and gets them polished every 6 months or so.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results