shape
carat
color
clarity

Donald Trump's Tax Returns- Donors offer $$$ for release

E B

Ideal_Rock
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/28/democratic-donors-allies-offer-reward-for-trump-tax-returns.html

Summary: As you may have heard, in the last couple of days, Donald Trump went from considering releasing his tax returns to his campaign saying he will not. Trump's excuse is that he is under audit and cannot, but the IRS has said he is free to release them.

Now, there are two donors willing to donate millions to the charity of Trump's choice if he releases them.

Thoughts? Why do you think he's refusing to release them?

(Note: Trump would be the first presidential candidate to not release returns since 1969 with the exception of Gerald Ford.)

E B

Ideal_Rock
The main theories I'm hearing are (and feel free to add or subtract):

1) He isn't nearly as wealthy as he says he is and is afraid of brand damage
2) He hasn't been paying his fair share of taxes
3) He has exaggerated the amount he's given to charity
4) He has significant financial ties to Russia

...or a combination thereof.

I think 1, 4, or both are the most likely issues. I don't think #2 would faze his most ardent supporters whatsoever.

I do think a good point has been brought up about this and his candidacy: He has no government or military experience, so he's running on his success as a businessman, but won't reveal proof of said success. Said success.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think 1 and 4 are the most likely reasons. I think 2 and 3 are true but no one cares. I think 1 and 4 may *both* be true - Donald himself wouldn't want to release his tax returns for reason #1 and his campaign wouldn't want to release them for reason #4 but I don't think Donald personally cares about reason 4 and I think only the most sycophantic members of his campaign would care about 1 (and I think his voter base would only minimal care about 1).

E B

Ideal_Rock
Bump! I want to hear from the Trump supporters. How do you all feel about this?

I agree, distracts.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think there are Trump supporters here. At least none that I have seen. He should release his tax returns just like everyone else.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Redwood,

You have made me feel better today. I'm glad we are holding hands through this. :D I'm actually serious. Thanks

Annette

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Odds dictate that there are several Trump supporters on PS.
Only one person has admitted it, Hay Joe.

PS is a place where most are VERY VERY concerned with being liked.
A few of us are ... uhm ... less concerned.

IMO that's why Trump supporters stay silent on him, at least on this forum.

Lastly, while they don't 'support' or like Trump many will still vote for him since they (like I) are party-voters, or feel Clinton is worse.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1469898217|4060876 said:

Lastly, while they don't 'support' or like Trump many will still vote for him since they (like I) are party-voters, or feel Clinton is worse.

I am sure you are right and there are some Trump supporters (besides Hay Joe) here however I will counter that I bet there are far less Trump supporters here percentage wise than the general population. Why? Because PSers are in general a smart bunch of people and pro rights for all and choice for all and fairness which is everything Trump seems to be against. So while I think there might not be a great deal of excitement for Clinton here (with the exception of a few) I still think the great majority of PSers are going to (wisely) vote for Clinton. IMO. If Trump becomes President he might irrevocably damage our relationship with the rest of the world and for that reason alone (but oh so many other reasons) I shudder at the possibility of him being elected President of the USA. I feel we are in surreal times and I am sure hoping we wake up from this dream (nightmare?) and Clinton will be President.

ETA: And heck yeah he should release his tax forms.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny I said that I have "seen," meaning they are not posting. Sure there are some out there but they are not posting. And why would they? Its bad enough being a conservative who posts on here! :lol:

And I really don't care if someone likes me or not, I just don't see any reason to be rude - at least any more rude than I already am sometimes.

And just because I am not supporting him does not mean I won't vote for him because I have to.

ETA - Missy are you insinuating I am not wise? :nono: :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1469889093|4060839 said:
I don't think there are Trump supporters here. At least none that I have seen. He should release his tax returns just like everyone else.
There are only 9 Trump supporters here... :read:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1469905020|4060898 said:
Kenny I said that I have "seen," meaning they are not posting. Sure there are some out there but they are not posting. And why would they? Its bad enough being a conservative who posts on here! :lol:

And I really don't care if someone likes me or not, I just don't see any reason to be rude - at least any more rude than I already am sometimes.

And just because I am not supporting him does not mean I won't vote for him because I have to.

LOL, Redwood, my dear, certainly not. I find you to be a very wise poster and overall lovely PSer. :halo: :appl:

It is Mr. Trump I find difficult to take. :knockout: ;(

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1469901219|4060886 said:
kenny|1469898217|4060876 said:

I am sure you are right and there are some Trump supporters (besides Hay Joe) here however I will counter that I bet there are far less Trump supporters here percentage wise than the general population. Why? Because PSers are in general a smart bunch of people and pro rights for all and choice for all and fairness which is everything Trump seems to be against. So while I think there might not be a great deal of excitement for Clinton here (with the exception of a few) I still think the great majority of PSers are going to (wisely) vote for Clinton. IMO. If Trump becomes President he might irrevocably damage our relationship with the rest of the world and for that reason alone (but oh so many other reasons) I shudder at the possibility of him being elected President of the USA. I feel we are in surreal times and I am sure hoping we wake up from this dream (nightmare?) and Clinton will be President.

ETA: And heck yeah he should release his tax forms.

I completely agree with everything Missy stated above. Of course he is hiding something. It will be interesting to see if he ever releases his tax returns. Why isn't the Republican Party putting pressure on him to release them? Can you imagine if Hillary didn't release hers? FOX News would be screaming every night about it. They were up in arms because they didn't feel the Democrats had enough flags at their convention. Hillary not filling her tax returns would really give them something to talk about.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1469908125|4060913 said:
I completely agree with everything Missy stated above. Of course he is hiding something. It will be interesting to see if he ever releases his tax returns. Why isn't the Republican Party putting pressure on him to release them? Can you imagine if Hillary didn't release hers? FOX News would be screaming every night about it. They were up in arms because they didn't feel the Democrats had enough flags at their convention. Hillary not filling her tax returns would really give them something to talk about.
b/c, A lot of flags was burn outside the DNC... :devil:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1469907664|4060910 said:

LOL, Redwood, my dear, certainly not. I find you to be a very wise poster and overall lovely PSer. :halo: :appl:

It is Mr. Trump I find difficult to take. :knockout: ;(

I was teasing you. ;)) :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Redwood, haha I know that. Just playing along. :sun: :wavey:

DF, give it up OK. You cannot defend the indefensible. I mean you can try but you cannot successfully defend this man. He is a vulgar man with reprehensible behavior. Haha and I just asked my dh how he would describe Trump in a word or two and he said he is vapid and vain and those are his most positive attributes. :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1469966480|4061051 said:
Hi Redwood, haha I know that. Just playing along. :sun: :wavey:

DF, give it up OK. You cannot defend the indefensible. I mean you can try but you cannot successfully defend this man. He is a vulgar man with reprehensible behavior. Haha and I just asked my dh how he would describe Trump in a word or two and he said he is vapid and vain and those are his most positive attributes. :lol:
I will never defend a... :wacko:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny I said that I have "seen," meaning they are not posting. Sure there are some out there but they are not posting. And why would they? Its bad enough being a conservative who posts on here!

We all should post what we feel is true/right.

I'm an atheist.
My posts upset the shit out of many.

I still post what I see as true/right.

So I should hush up, and never upset anyone?
We should only post what makes us popular and approved of?
uhm ... I don't!

Remember, people vary.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1470023931|4061207 said:
Kenny I said that I have "seen," meaning they are not posting. Sure there are some out there but they are not posting. And why would they? Its bad enough being a conservative who posts on here!

Remember, people vary.
Of course not! ..you have been doing a great job for the past 10 yrs... :wink2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1470023931|4061207 said:

We all should post what we feel is true/right.

I'm an atheist.
My posts upset the shit out of many.

I still post what I see as true/right.

We should only post what makes us popular and approved of?
uhm ... I don't!

Remember, people vary.

You post whatever you like. I don't care that you are an atheist. It was meant as a joke ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results