shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help choosing a cushion and setting

diamondrookie22

Rough_Rock
That does look really nice. im happy I came on this forum and didn't go with what I was originally going to do. Thanks for all of your help!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the infinity wedding band with the plain solitaire. Just throwing out another look, how about an old cut stone?

This is within your budget, has a vintage look and faces up large. It is a J, but you can ask Grace how white it looks and if it is eye-clean. Not a cushion, but lovely old-world charm.
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/1-ct-to-2-00/1-48ct-transitional-cut-diamond-gia-j-vs2#.V5yNirjyuiM

This is a cushion within budget. http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/diamonds.php?ITEM=diamonds&SHAPE=C

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1469799264|4060520 said:
diamondrookie22|1469798311|4060513 said:
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8469303-1.50-carat-Cushion-diamond-G-color-VS1-Clarity.aspx?sku=8469303&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

Obviously id have to see it in person to know for sure, but what do people think about this diamond? Seems pretty reasonable.

See if you can get an aset on it. Looks like it is going to be fuzzy on the inside rim of the table. Aset will show if true or not.
Yeah that is going to ASET out poorly. Did you get the ASET on the 1.2 I posted for you. 1.3 and 1.2 in cushions is not a meaningful size difference don't skip lovely stones because of you inexperience. A well cut stone always looks better and bigger than a poorly cur stone. And with cushions I keep telling you this but you aren't getting it: dimensions not weight matters.

diamondrookie22

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1469934734|4061017 said:
tyty333|1469799264|4060520 said:
diamondrookie22|1469798311|4060513 said:
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8469303-1.50-carat-Cushion-diamond-G-color-VS1-Clarity.aspx?sku=8469303&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

Obviously id have to see it in person to know for sure, but what do people think about this diamond? Seems pretty reasonable.

See if you can get an aset on it. Looks like it is going to be fuzzy on the inside rim of the table. Aset will show if true or not.
Yeah that is going to ASET out poorly. Did you get the ASET on the 1.2 I posted for you. 1.3 and 1.2 in cushions is not a meaningful size difference don't skip lovely stones because of you inexperience. A well cut stone always looks better and bigger than a poorly cur stone. And with cushions I keep telling you this but you aren't getting it: dimensions not weight matters.

I asked for the ASET but they said That supplier doesn't not provide asets and I'd have to purchase the stone then they can get an ASET for me.

diamondrookie22

Rough_Rock
rockysalamander|1469877895|4060808 said:
I really love the infinity wedding band with the plain solitaire. Just throwing out another look, how about an old cut stone?

This is within your budget, has a vintage look and faces up large. It is a J, but you can ask Grace how white it looks and if it is eye-clean. Not a cushion, but lovely old-world charm.
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/1-ct-to-2-00/1-48ct-transitional-cut-diamond-gia-j-vs2#.V5yNirjyuiM

This is a cushion within budget. http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/diamonds.php?ITEM=diamonds&SHAPE=C

Thank you for your help. I was strictly advised by my future fiancé for years that she wants a cushion cut diamond so I'm going to sick with that. I will take a look at the link you sent for the cushion cut

diamondrookie22

Rough_Rock
farrahlyn|1469738729|4060313 said:
Look what i found, a Stuller setting almost exactly like what you posted! :dance: I knew there had to be something similar out there.

http://www.stuller.com/products/123157/?groupId=194930&categoryId=21370

ETA: THis says it's for a round.... not seeing this setting for a cushion, i hope i didn't rais hopes for nothing! :doh:

If you did that other Stuller setting, i'd definitely do an infinity style wedding band with it. But you say she adores infinity signs so i think the infinity in the gallery may not be for her.

Color does not = quality. Some people LOVE warmer stones. Myself, one day would love to have a K+ colored pear. Love them SO much.

Near colorless is not easy to distinguish by just anyone. i wouldn't be adamant about an E or F unless you know your girlfriend is truly color sensitive. Usually the artist types will be able to see color in a near colorless stone. Some G stones will be closer on the spectrum to an F and others closer in spectrum to an H. You can always have it inspected or compared to an F stone before buying.

Good summary on near colorless stones:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/near-colorless

Unless you're certain she'd look at the stone and immediately know that it's not an F colored stone, i wouldn't dismiss the option.

The jeweler got back to me they do not make this setting in cushion cut

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ask them if they can get you an ASET if you buy it first.

Then if it doesn't ASEa out well they can return it before shipping it.

diamondrookie22

Rough_Rock
I reached out to Yekutiel at ID jewelry and he said he can get me the attached stone for $7500. He provided ASET. I have no idea how to read them. It is a 1.37 vvs1 g color. Modified cushion. How does the ASET look?

_5189.jpeg

_5190.jpeg

_5191.jpeg

_5192.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a B.

diamondrookie22

Rough_Rock
Is that a B on an A through F scale? Do you think it is worth it for the price?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondrookie22|1470774793|4063996 said:
Is that a B on an A through F scale? Do you think it is worth it for the price?
Yes it is on A_F scale. I can look for.you later. Hold off for now.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondrookie22

Rough_Rock
Why does it look like there are scuff marks on each of those? Is it just from people touching it maybe?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call vendor, ask if eyeclean. You are looking at something that is smaller than a pencil eraser on a big scteen, highly magnified.

The vendor can pull the stone and look at it and tell you what's visible and what is not on the actual stone.

The JA stone in particular is a beautiful stone if eyeclean and it is budget friendly. The scuff mark is a cloud ask if.it is having a negative effect. If it's not you are fine. On the ED stone scuff is also an inciusion, ask same thing.

Alternately you can aak IDJ to call about thwm and go from there.

diamondrookie22

Rough_Rock
I'll talk to yuketiel and ask him to get more info on those. He said if I found any diamonds to let him know. He seems like a real stand up guy. Thanks for your help.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondrookie22|1470797428|4064134 said:
I'll talk to yuketiel and ask him to get more info on those. He said if I found any diamonds to let him know. He seems like a real stand up guy. Thanks for your help.

He's definitely a fabulous vendor. I have bought from him happily and plan to again. He also has several very strong benches, so if you want a setting from him, you can absolutely have him create one for you. Just send him pictures of what you want. I know there was a setting earlier in the thread that you really liked that was not available for a cushion, he can make it for you, for a cushion. So that's something to keep in mind too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results