shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band: Brian Gavin vs WhiteFlash vs local shop

chelseanewcar

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to update all those who helped me and gave their great opinions. I never heard back from IDJ regarding changing the diamonds to H&A so I decided to go with the local jeweler. Their price was about the same as WF and I wanted to support the local shop. Additionally I will be able to go in and see the 3-D model before the actual ring is made. And they offered me 18 mos 0% financing (always take 0% interest!).

Just a comment, I was surprised that I never heard back from IDJ after reading so many posts on PS that commented on their great customer service. Unfortunately I didn't have that experience. WF and BGD were great and very attentive. But nothing beats a physical store that is right around the corner.

My local jeweler assured me these stones were cut perfectly. The invoice says "precision ideal cut diamonds (hearts and arrows)" and I will be able to see them before they go into the ring using an idealscope. So I am optimistic that these stones will be equivalent to HF and BDG. Is that naive of me?

Thanks again for all the help PSers!

chelseanewcar

Rough_Rock
Uh oh...I finally heard back from IDJ. Their price...$3200 for 10 stone 20 point H&A, F-G VS.

That's $2000 cheaper than anyone else I got a quote from!!!

I already paid for the ring though and it's currently getting made now, so no backing out now. I feel a bit like such a dope for overpaying by so much.

How are they able to price their stuff so much cheaper than everyone else?!?!

I know everyone on PS loves IDJ, but there has to be a catch right??? They can't be THAT much cheaper than everyone else!!!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can you cancel if they have not made the ring?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think part of what allows IDJ to be competitive is that unlike the other vendors who may have AN in-house bench, IDJ works with dozens of benches, and is in a location with benches galore - that may lead prices to be more competitive with regard to labor.

chelseanewcar

Rough_Rock
I can't cancel because they already bought the diamonds and the ring is being made now and since it's custom can't be returned. I feel like such a dope. Next time I will definitely go with them (or at least wait for their quote before I go with someone else). I will post pics once I get the ring. My wife will love the ring I'm sure, I just hope she doesn't find out how much I overpaid.

Thanks everyone for all of the help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results