shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock
Love everyone new pieces :love: :o :love:

I agree that VCA jewelry are do whimsical and magical. I look forward to receiving their catalog. The only downside is it makes me wanna buy more!!! Would love to finish my MOP collections by adding the bracelet. Am wondering whether it will be cheaper in Europe. Am also starting to really like the sweet Alhambra. At first, I thought they were too small compare to the regular size. But saw don't kne wearing the Rosegold 16 motifs over the weekend. And it definitely didn't look so small afterall.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UrsTx|1467060566|4048950 said:
UrsTx|1466972227|4048595 said:
Snowdrop13|1466965561|4048562 said:
All the Sweet bracelets are indeed very sweet! Do people find that they spin round so the motif is underneath or are they easy to wear?

Totally depends on your wrist size - if the chain is tight or loose on you. There are two links so you can wear them at 6.5" and 7" options. The 7" fits my wrist (big wrist, sigh) perfectly and doesn't spin (the clover). Since I had the butterfly chain extended, it now sits 1/2 inch lower than the clover and constantly spins around. If the butterfly chain is near the clover chain, it makes the clover spin too. Yes it sometimes drives me nuts...!

So I'm going to backtrack a little... I'm wearing just the butterfly today since it matches my outfit better and it's NOT rotating on my wrist even though it fits loose. So, for ME, these bracelets do not move around my wrist except when worn together.

This is so good to hear, I think I'll be adding the Sweet Clover bracelet to my wish list! I wonder which stone would be best?

I'm such a wimp, I've just been to Paris and happened upon the Place Vendome. I spent ages looking in the VCA window, and a lovely sales lady gave me a beautiful, welcoming smile. I was just too nervous to go in, dressed as I was, for travel. I'd love to know if they do a Sweet in the blue Sevres porcelain, sigh, too late now! :((

Here are a couple of pics (terrible as taken through the window). One is of the amazing Snowflake collection, could totally rock those earrings :naughty: and the other is of an amazing confection made with many lovely stones.

(Cannot work out how to rotate that first one, sorry)

_4829.jpeg

_4830.jpeg

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Here is my new Socrates BTF ring. I am thrilled with it! I am able to wear it on 3 different fingers but I think this is my fave look.

_37864.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mol42|1469392617|4058879 said:
Here is my new Socrates BTF ring. I am thrilled with it! I am able to wear it on 3 different fingers but I think this is my fave look.

Beautiful! :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG!! It's beautiful!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I really really LOVE it!!

Wear it in health and happiness!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Could you start a new thread? the ring is too beautiful not to have its own thread! :whistle: :clap:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, mol42!!! :love:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
m-2-b said:

Beautiful! :appl:
luv2sparkles said:
So pretty!! :love: :love: :love:
Phoenix said:

OMG!! It's beautiful!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I really really LOVE it!!

Wear it in health and happiness!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Could you start a new thread? the ring is too beautiful not to have its own thread! :whistle: :clap:
diamondseeker2006 said:
Beautiful ring, mol42!!! :love:

Hi m-2-b, luv2sparkles, diamonseeker2006 :wavey: --Thank you all so much!!

Hi Phoenix- your enthusiasm and love for VCA is infectious!! :appl: thank you! I took quite a few pics of the many pieces I tried on during my several visits to VCA. I have a very patient SA who was willing to indulge in my obsessive perusal of many lovely pieces. Alas, they did not have a Lotus ring, but luckily you came through with some beautiful pictures of your gorgeous ring to share :love: I will start a new thread to share pictures for those who are interested in VCA pieces. Talk soon! :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies I just have to share. No new VCA for me. BUT, in the middle of my body pump clas today I see a beautiful tall lean woman sport a Magic white gold with diamonds Alhambra pendant with the matching white gold with diamonds sweet earrings. I spotted the pendant on her at last 30 feet away. Even in fluorescent gym lighting, it looked STUNNING. I sooooo wanted a picture but I didn't have my phone with me and she stayed for another class while I had finished so I couldn't catch her after to gab about her fabulous jewelry. I did tell her that I loved it and thought it was beautiful. I've seen her wear VCA before at the gym, but they were onyx Alhambra studs. She's the one who used her Goyard tote as a gym bag. She also had a gorgeous I am three stone.

Anyway, seeing them on her, especially the sweets confirmed the next VCA piece that I am coveting, the white gold with diamonds sweet Alhambra earrings. The issues are that I need the posts in platinum and I wonder if they can make the posts thinner. I already tried them on. Seeing the woman at the gym showed me that they are even more beautiful outside of the shop.

I was so excited I just had to share.

_5007.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how fun! A VCA sighting! :love: :appl: I would faint if I saw some here, but I would definitely notice! I think the pave sweet earrings are goooorrrgeeeoussss!!! The thing that surprises me is that she would have a magic pendant, which is larger than the vintage and wear it with sweet earrings. I kind of like just one step difference in size, like vintage necklace with sweet earrings or magic pendant with vintage earrings.

Goodness, that pendant is $24k. :$$): Should be in platinum at that price. Hard for me to understand that.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1469677797|4060101 said:
Wow, how fun! A VCA sighting! :love: :appl: I would faint if I saw some here, but I would definitely notice! I think the pave sweet earrings are goooorrrgeeeoussss!!! The thing that surprises me is that she would have a magic pendant, which is larger than the vintage and wear it with sweet earrings. I kind of like just one step difference in size, like vintage necklace with sweet earrings or magic pendant with vintage earrings.

Goodness, that pendant is $24k. :$$): Should be in platinum at that price. Hard for me to understand that.

OMG. That thing is $24K? Damn. Just looked at it. $24,400. White gold, with diamonds. I expected the size to bother me. It is clearly big, but she was tall, and it looked just right on her.

How does VCA do it. I'm the most ungirly person, and if I just look at VCA pictures they look girly to me. BUT, when I put it on, it feels GREAT!!! I feel like I am wearing a little treasure. I DON"T GET IT... :mrgreen:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ack! You ladies are soooo not helping with my VCA obsession!! :lol:

DS, I was thinking the same exact thing when I read LLJsmom's post. I think the size difference would bother me, but hey who cares as long as the wearer loves and rocks them, hahaha!

LLJsmom, I LOVE those sweets on you. Btw, have you seen the super magic? That thing is HUGE!!

I'm coveting the Oiseaux de Paradis line btw.... Look! :Up_to_something: .....I do "need" another pair of earrings!! and these are not that much more expensive than my BGD studs...lol, as if DH would let me buy them!! :rolleyes:

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/flying-beauties/oiseaux-de-paradis/vcarn5ob00-oiseaux-de-paradis-earclips.html

Seriously though, I've been thinking abt another pair of earrings. I'm wearing my BGD studs to death!! I'm thinking these for my next Xmas+ bday+wedding anniversary+ V day present: :naughty: :cheeky:

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/floral/frivole/vcarb65800-frivole-earclips-small-model.html

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkles|1468812749|4056578 said:
Love everyone new pieces :love: :o :love:

I agree that VCA jewelry are do whimsical and magical. I look forward to receiving their catalog. The only downside is it makes me wanna buy more!!! Would love to finish my MOP collections by adding the bracelet. Am wondering whether it will be cheaper in Europe. Am also starting to really like the sweet Alhambra. At first, I thought they were too small compare to the regular size. But saw don't kne wearing the Rosegold 16 motifs over the weekend. And it definitely didn't look so small afterall.

Definitely! The Euro is cheaper now and you'd get a tax refund too.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1469680789|4060108 said:

DS, I was thinking the same exact thing when I read LLJsmom's post. I think the size difference would bother me, but hey who cares as long as the wearer loves and rocks them, hahaha!

LLJsmom, I LOVE those sweets on you. Btw, have you seen the super magic? That thing is HUGE!!

I'm coveting the Oiseaux de Paradis line btw.... Look! :Up_to_something: .....I do "need" another pair of earrings!! and these are not that much more expensive than my BGD studs...lol, as if DH would let me buy them!! :rolleyes:

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/flying-beauties/oiseaux-de-paradis/vcarn5ob00-oiseaux-de-paradis-earclips.html

Seriously though, I've been thinking abt another pair of earrings. I'm wearing my BGD studs to death!! I'm thinking these for my next Xmas+ bday+wedding anniversary+ V day present: :naughty: :cheeky:

http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/floral/frivole/vcarb65800-frivole-earclips-small-model.html

LOVE THIS.

Perfect for every day, and a great sub for the BGD studs. I've been wearing my studs now for almost two years, and I am ready to add to my collection of one pair of earrings. :lol: I deserve it right? I only have ONE pair of earrings.

Phoenix, I have not seen the "super" magic. Like the magic isn't big enough??? Can you link it?

And I am tempted to plop down for the surprise holiday pendant. Wouldn't something green or blue be fabulous? A natural stone, not porcelain.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1469683109|4060126 said:
Phoenix|1469680789|4060108 said:

LOVE THIS.

Perfect for every day, and a great sub for the BGD studs. I've been wearing my studs now for almost two years, and I am ready to add to my collection of one pair of earrings. :lol: I deserve it right? I only have ONE pair of earrings.

Phoenix, I have not seen the "super" magic. Like the magic isn't big enough??? Can you link it?

And I am tempted to plop down for the surprise holiday pendant. Wouldn't something green or blue be fabulous? A natural stone, not porcelain.

Hahaha, I love how we enable each other! :cheeky: Yes, yes!! I think we both "deserve" to get another everyday pair of earrings!! :clap: :dance:

There's no single pave magic pendant but it's available as part of a necklace, both long and short (I've tried on the long pave necklace at my local VCA). Here's a pic of the super magic pendant on Mariah Carey (I'm pretty sure that's what it is), in MOP. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, lol.

mariah_carey_super_magic.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the bottom motifs in Mariah Carey's earrings may be super magic-sized too.

RE the holiday pendant, I'd love to see Sèvres; but it's porcelain, and I doubt they'll do it again.

This is not a pendant, but it's TDF!! :love: :love: :love:

sevres___wg_pave.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is out of this world. I can't imagine it actually on.

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix said:

<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/flying-beauties/oiseaux-de-paradis/vcarn5ob00-oiseaux-de-paradis-earclips.html"

<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/floral/frivole/vcarb65800-frivole-earclips-small-model.html"

I LOVE the small pave Frivole earrings!!! They are so beautiful and yes, you (and LLJs mom) deserve them :Up_to_something:
I actually find it very unique that they DON'T lie flat on the ear; they look more 3-dimensional to me and let in more light. I haven't seen any other jeweler make earrings like that so I think it's extra special. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never heard of the single motif Magic pendants (short and long chain) being called super Magic. They are just a larger size than vintage. (Mariah appears to have on a Magic pendant.) I have tried on Vintage and Magic earrings and pendants. I kind of want the long Magic onyx in yg and maybe just a MOP Vintage pendant and earrings.

I agree, LLJsmom, that the prices kill me, but these are the most luxurious jewelry pieces I have ever tried on. I really have to restrain myself, because I can only get wear out of the more casual pieces, thus my love for Alhambra and Frivole. I love almost everything in that store, though.

I am interested in seeing what the holiday pendant is, too. I also prefer a natural stone and not porcelain.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1470093673|4061475 said:
I have never heard of the single motif Magic pendants (short and long chain) being called super Magic. They are just a larger size than vintage. (Mariah appears to have on a Magic pendant.) I have tried on Vintage and Magic earrings and pendants. I kind of want the long Magic onyx in yg and maybe just a MOP Vintage pendant and earrings.

DS, I stand corrected re Mariah Carey's magic pendant. :))

I've asked for further clarification from my SA. It is true that there's no single Super Magic pendant. I do remember reading that name somewhere, maybe that's just a nickname someone has given the larger motif. There IS a motif at the bottom of a super long pave chain that is larger than the Magic size. I will see if I can find a pic of that pave chain and post it. Van Cleef does not have a collection/ line called Super Magic, so I was not entirely correct about that! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1470148415|4061635 said:
diamondseeker2006|1470093673|4061475 said:

DS, I stand corrected re Mariah Carey's magic pendant. :))

I've asked for further clarification from my SA. It is true that there's no single Super Magic pendant. I do remember reading that name somewhere, maybe that's just a nickname someone has given the larger motif. There IS a motif at the bottom of a super long pave chain that is larger than the Magic size. I will see if I can find a pic of that pave chain and post it. Van Cleef does not have a collection/ line called Super Magic, so I was not entirely correct about that! :lol:

Okay, then I'll bet someone just made up the term to identify the larger motif on that particular piece you are talking about. On some of the necklaces that have multiple motifs, there might be a larger one than the single motif long and short pendants. I don't think I have seen a pave chain on a Magic pendant, but they have some pieces that they discontinue and that kind of thing. So I am sure there are plenty of pieces that I haven't seen! The only Magic pieces I have been focused on were the single motif pendants (short and long) and the earrings. I can only dream about the others!

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh!!! I just had the most magnificent experience in VCA. We are in Las Vegas for a conference and decided to pop in. The SA let me try so many things on and cleaned my MOP bracelet while I browsed :)

I asked him about the snowflake bracelet. He had the snowflake necklace in yellow gold. I've never seen anything so magnificent!!! Then he took it out and put it around my neck...SWOON! He did a search for the yellow gold bracelet and said there were 2 in the US and he would ship it to the store while I was still in town to look at it. My hubby just smiled, then took his card. The bracelet is 22 carats of the most blingy, amazing diamonds. Hubs is such a good sport but thinks I'm a bit nuts I think :love:

Wow, I feel like a princess now! I HEART VCA! They really know how to make going into their store an "experience"

_5131.jpeg

_5132.jpeg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My latest VCA - a Perlee Perles d'Or in WG:

perles_d_or_8.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
grateful4life|1470433581|4062899 said:
Oh my gosh!!! I just had the most magnificent experience in VCA. We are in Las Vegas for a conference and decided to pop in. The SA let me try so many things on and cleaned my MOP bracelet while I browsed :)

I asked him about the snowflake bracelet. He had the snowflake necklace in yellow gold. I've never seen anything so magnificent!!! Then he took it out and put it around my neck...SWOON! He did a search for the yellow gold bracelet and said there were 2 in the US and he would ship it to the store while I was still in town to look at it. My hubby just smiled, then took his card. The bracelet is 22 carats of the most blingy, amazing diamonds. Hubs is such a good sport but thinks I'm a bit nuts I think :love:

Wow, I feel like a princess now! I HEART VCA! They really know how to make going into their store an "experience"

How fun!!! I think the snowflake pieces are so gorgeous! I don't know what other pieces you already have, but I would really consider snowflake pieces in platinum and stick with the yellow gold maybe in Alhambra and Frivole. Snowflake is so much more dressy and I really think the platinum and white diamonds would be more classic over the long haul.

I have been in VCA in Vegas and it is a lot of fun whether you buy or not!

I took a picture of the snowflake pendant when I went last year. I love it!

2015-05-29_9.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
grateful4life and DS, the Snowflake is one of my favourite lines at VCA. However, the prices are outrageous!! :knockout: I'd totally buy them if I were royalty or Hollywood royalty. For your average consumer like me, the Frivole line for example is a lot more "affordable" (but still very pricey of course).

It's still fun to try them out though and fantasize! :twirl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My latest VCA acquisition - a Sweet Alhambra in WG pave.

sweet_0.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NOT mine, but absolutely amazingly out-of-this-world GORGEOUS!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

vca_flowerlace_necklace.jpg

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone is interested, I saw today (Aug 12) there are three Sweet Alhambra pre-owned bracelets for sale on FashionPhile. One MOP clover, one carnelian heart, and one carnelian clover. Watch the sizes though. I think one of them was shortened.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results