shape
carat
color
clarity

Antiques for Everyone Bling Pics

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosie, Thank you so much for sharing. What a fun day!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That first pair of drop earrings was AMAZING. Thanks for sharing all these goodies. Looks like you had so much fun!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Snowdrop13|1469484823|4059242 said:
Fantastic to see a big event like that in the UK but I also didn't know it was on (although I'm a lot further away :(( ).

Love, love, love that zircon bypass ring.........

What was the pricing like? It often seems to me that things are a lot more expensive over here.

Hello Snowdrop,
Yes the prices were possibly a bit high, bit to be honest I don't really know what prices should be like for antiques. I'll be doing some research on jewels by Grace website before my next trip. These prices are approximate and from memory:
Art Deco opal ring £4700
Blue zirconia bypass ring £775 http://www.t-robert.com/product/18ct-gold-blue-zircon-cross-over-ring/
Aquamarine ring £6500 (I forgot to ask if it was untreated/ unheated I would hope so at that price!)
Diamond necklace around £8000
Emerald cabochon ring around £5000
Burmese ruby and diamond bangle £5300 ish
As I went for the last afternoon many vendors were very open to negotiation.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosie, just out of curiosity do you know how much those marquise drop earrings were? I am going to torture myself a bit if they were reasonably priced LOL. Thanks. :))

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
missy|1469533370|4059393 said:
Rosie, just out of curiosity do you know how much those marquise drop earrings were? I am going to torture myself a bit if they were reasonably priced LOL. Thanks. :))

Hi Missy :wavey:
I have somewhat 'chunky' earlobes :oops: and they did not look good on me so I didn't take down a price. I have had a look on the vendors website and they are not there (the other two longer pairs are). Sorry I can't help, but here is his website, the earrings are not on his sold list so maybe they will come up for sale online soon?
http://www.dbgems.com/catalogue

Edit for spelling

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1469497933|4059306 said:
That first pair of drop earrings was AMAZING. Thanks for sharing all these goodies. Looks like you had so much fun!

Hi LLJsMom!
I managed to get a good ear shot of that one

Also I just wanted to say thank you (and everyone else for posting) for your thread on tennis bracelets. Without it I would not have been able to get mine. I copied you with the setting. :oops:

_4986.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1469458491|4059078 said:
missy|1469446174|4059040 said:
Thank you for sharing all this gorgeous bling with us! :love:

My favorites are the marquise drop earrings. OMG gorgeous. :love:

Me too Missy!! They are gorgeous! Thank you for taking the time to take the photos and share them with us Rosie! What a great way to start a Monday!

Add me to that list! Goodness, those are incredible earrings! :love:

Thanks for the pics, Rosie!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosie, Those earrings are gorgeous on you!!!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RosieR|1469531969|4059389 said:
Fantastic to see a big event like that in the UK but I also didn't know it was on (although I'm a lot further away :(( ).

What was the pricing like? It often seems to me that things are a lot more expensive over here.

Hello Snowdrop,
Yes the prices were possibly a bit high, bit to be honest I don't really know what prices should be like for antiques. I'll be doing some research on jewels by Grace website before my next trip. These prices are approximate and from memory:
Art Deco opal ring £4700
Blue zirconia bypass ring £775 http://www.t-robert.com/product/18ct-gold-blue-zircon-cross-over-ring/
Aquamarine ring £6500 (I forgot to ask if it was untreated/ unheated I would hope so at that price!)

I think those are kind of what I would expect though it is hard to compare with some of the US sites (I love JbG too!). The zircon ring seems reasonably priced, thank you so much for taking the time to link to it. It is really pretty :love: Those earrings are absolutely gorgeous too.......

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Snowdrop13|1469561710|4059551 said:
RosieR|1469531969|4059389 said:

Hello Snowdrop,
Art Deco opal ring £4700

I think those are kind of what I would expect though it is hard to compare with some of the US sites (I love JbG too!). The zircon ring seems reasonably priced, thank you so much for taking the time to link to it. It is really pretty :love: Those earrings are absolutely gorgeous too.......

Just to let you know about the zircon ring; there is a prong missing on the bottom stone (Not sure if you noticed in the photos, there are 8 prongs per stone though so it should be OK) also, there is an inclusion visible to the naked eye in the top stone. I personally don't mind SI clarity stones (I choose them for myself), but this was noticable to me as it is dark and located by the culet and seems to reflect up the stone.This maybe why the price is so 'reasonable'.

Thanks Callie :wavey:
I'm currently still looking to collect my diamond jewellery 'staples' and I don't think I can get away with wearing dangling diamond earrings on a daily basis :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RosieR|1469548173|4059445 said:

I have somewhat 'chunky' earlobes :oops: and they did not look good on me so I didn't take down a price. I have had a look on the vendors website and they are not there (the other two longer pairs are). Sorry I can't help, but here is his website, the earrings are not on his sold list so maybe they will come up for sale online soon?

Edit for spelling

Thanks Rosie! I don't think I will pursue it because I really don't need (haha do we need any of our bling really lol) any more earrings. However I am on the lookout for an OEC diamond riviera necklace so if you run across any I am interested. You have great taste. And your earlobes are perfect by the way. ;))

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
missy|1469701988|4060141 said:
RosieR|1469548173|4059445 said:

Edit for spelling

Thanks Rosie! I don't think I will pursue it because I really don't need (haha do we need any of our bling really lol) any more earrings. However I am on the lookout for an OEC diamond riviera necklace so if you run across any I am interested. You have great taste. And your earlobes are perfect by the way. ;))

Aww thanks Missy! :wavey:
Oooooh an OEC diamond rivière! Now that would be devine. I'd be happy to take pictures if I see one :appl:
Have a great weekend

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Rosie! And you too! Weekends are my favorite part of the week but they go so fast. Enjoy and thank you again. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results