shape
carat
color
clarity

New to me AVC band with Cartier

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love this ring, it's a stunner - love AVCs.. it looks great on your middle finger btw!

:love: :love:

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
A five stone ring is on my wish list. Yours is lovely!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Wow those fire shots!! :love: Amazing ring, and it looks beautiful with your Cartier trinity!! :appl:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
ACK! Have always been a HUGE fan of this band. I still love it. Looks amazing. I think getting it sized for your ring finger would be best but I don't envy the decision because it does look great on the middle finger too!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1469421050|4059009 said:
I was likely in ongoing projects at that time. Too many opportunities, too little cash! lol!

I read back to your ACA dilemma. I am not sure if they'd let you trade it in for a pair of smaller stones or not, but I think that would be a nice idea. I still like ACAs for studs because they show up so well, and I have the AVR e-ring. I do think an AVR/AVC would look better with the AVC band if you ever wanted to wear an e-ring with it. But I think it is fine as a stand alone band or with the Cartier bands or another kind of band. The AVC/AVR selection is limited at the moment, so a lot would depend on whether they have something you want. Diamond prices are kind of low right now, so you could take a hit selling the ACA, depending on when you bought it. I do think it would make a great pendant!

I second DS's suggestion of trading in your ACA for a pair of ACA studs, if that option is available.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1469507207|4059349 said:
diamondseeker2006|1469421050|4059009 said:
I was likely in ongoing projects at that time. Too many opportunities, too little cash! lol!

I read back to your ACA dilemma. I am not sure if they'd let you trade it in for a pair of smaller stones or not, but I think that would be a nice idea. I still like ACAs for studs because they show up so well, and I have the AVR e-ring. I do think an AVR/AVC would look better with the AVC band if you ever wanted to wear an e-ring with it. But I think it is fine as a stand alone band or with the Cartier bands or another kind of band. The AVC/AVR selection is limited at the moment, so a lot would depend on whether they have something you want. Diamond prices are kind of low right now, so you could take a hit selling the ACA, depending on when you bought it. I do think it would make a great pendant!

I second DS's suggestion of trading in your ACA for a pair of ACA studs, if that option is available.

Well I inquired with WF today and they said NO. In a sweet way of course which I appreciated. Lol. So it's not an option for me to upgrade for two smaller more expensive stones now. It's crossed off the option list. Although I can still sell independently and then buy studs... Hmm

I know I would wear studs or a pendant everyday. As in not take off except to clean but after thinking about it for a day it doesn't excite me as much. Like I wouldn't be jumping up and down. Not how I am excited about this band. I will wear it daily and I look forward to staring at it. I want to be excited about whatever I put my money in. Lol.

I also know upgrading the actual diamond to a bigger one isn't really an option. I feel the money I would have to put into it would not yield a big enough spread/change for it to be worth it for me. I am kind of feeling like the three stone would be better. I would do that with a couple .40s-.50s. I'm slightly more excited about that but still not jumping up and down.

I think my updated options are.
Make a pendant and wear it daily. Not exciting but it gets worn and would be beautiful. Also cost the least. Thinking BGD Barbara.

Make a three stone later in the year by purchasing more ACAs and antique bezel set style ring. I love my AVC band and plan on wearing it with my wedding band. So this three stone would have to be a right hand ring.

Sell the ACA and purchase something else (antique stone, studs, Cartier bangle, something else Cartier). I know I would take a loss on the stone/ring and of course have to add more money for the new purchase.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm..I've been where you are. I'd not do the pendant. If you're not excited about it, then don't do it. In the LR, going this route would cost you more money, trust me on this.

Would you be excited about having a 3-stone RHR with ACA's? Doesn't sound to me like you would be.

If you can swallow the loss, sell the ACA and purchase something else that makes your heart sing. That's what I'd do.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone fro all the sweet words! I appreciate it.

Missy - I agree and have already starting looking at old cuts and trying to learn a bit more about them.

luv2sparkle - This band is something special. Definitely consider it. They won't disappoint!

tyty333-I haven't been getting anything done at all. There is a famous quote that goes something like " we should all be pursuing what it is we do when we are procrastinating" I guess that means I should buy and sell jewels for a living...ha

Tekate- Thank you! I was grateful that it fit my middle finger so that I could wear it until I got it sized.

nycspring- I know! I could not believe the purple and teal.. Im pretty sure my favorite is stacked with my skinny trinity.

Lorrissey- I was really lucky to get it. It was literally perfect timing. I agree that ring finger would be best just not sure who to trust to tamper with it. I really don't have a local jeweler I use so that is the current problem. I was told by a few PSers that it takes 1-2 weeks for sizing. HUH?! I don't want to part with it for that long. I thought sizing could be done in a day?! :wall: So for now I rock it on the middle!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1469517105|4059364 said:
Hmm..I've been where you are. I'd not do the pendant. If you're not excited about it, then don't do it. In the LR, going this route would cost you more money, trust me on this.

Would you be excited about having a 3-stone RHR with ACA's? Doesn't sound to me like you would be.

If you can swallow the loss, sell the ACA and purchase something else that makes your heart sing. That's what I'd do.

This exactly right here! The pendant doesn't excite me. So thank you for confirming what I have felt in my gut. I've been talking about this pendent since last year. Still have not done it. The ring most of the time sits in the box.

The ACA three stone is a tad more interesting only because they are beautiful ACAs (isn't three better than one?)but I am not sure about the three stone now that I have this band. I WAS really excited about this and was getting ready to hit the purchase button on my side stones when I did a 360 and jumped on this AVC band and I am SO SO grateful I did. I think your right. I am no longer excited nor do I sound excited about this project now.

UGH which means take the loss. :boohoo: Which also means more opportunity for heart singing! :dance: I have a huge branded jewelry list to be honest. Most of which I will never attain in this lifetime and I am cool with that. But I know a few thing that I would love to have that are attainable.

BTW I am in awe of your collection! I mean truly stunning so I appreciate your feedback on my dilemma.. Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results