shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling BLISS!!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Hey!

I saw a picture of your DBTY necklace from IDJewelry and would love to see and learn more about it! :love:

Can you tell me the length (based on the other necklace I'm guessing it's 18"?), carat weight, size of stones and their quality? I'd also like to know how far apart the stone are, and do the diamonds flip over often? Plus, I'd love to see more pictures of that beauty!

Thank you!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes please, BLISS!! Please post some photos of your DBTY (wait... that wasn't the one that got thrown out, was it???)

Hope you can show it off for us :bigsmile:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
orbaya|1333204807|3160612 said:
Hey!

I saw a picture of your DBTY necklace from IDJewelry and would love to see and learn more about it! :love:

Can you tell me the length (based on the other necklace I'm guessing it's 18"?), carat weight, size of stones and their quality? I'd also like to know how far apart the stone are, and do the diamonds flip over often? Plus, I'd love to see more pictures of that beauty!

Thank you!!

Hi Orbaya!!!!

So I had a platinum DBTY 16" chain from WhiteFlash that I adored. It was custom made with 15 pointers - 11 of them total spaced evenly apart. Near the back, I had them space it a little farther from the clasp so that the clasp would always stay in the back.

They did a great job - as you can see below, the bezels are just like the Tiffany bezel - the chains are identical. Very very delicate and lovely! I unfortunately threw this necklace in the garbage at work one day and it is probably sitting in a landfill in NY or NJ somewhere.

DH surprised me with a brand new DBTY from ID Jewelry a week after I lost my WF one. I love it so much more! I will get some pics up tomorrow! It has bigger diamonds (maybe 20 pointers this time?) and maybe the bezels are bit thicker as well but it is more substantial, which I like. The chain is also diamond cut so it sparkles all the way around, whereas the WF plat chain was just like the Tiffany chain - meant to disappear. I prefer the IDJ chain. More sparkles!

You can compare the WF to the Tiffany one below! I think the length is 16" for both. The quality is amazing. Truly. The WF had ACAs in them and the Tiffany diamond is also very very lively and gorgeous. The IDJ diamonds are amazing as well. All comparable and lovely! I'll also have to measure how far apart they are!

I also like wearing pendants on it. This one below is the custom WF one I threw in the garbage. Oops. Argh!

Attachments

• DBTYCross.bmp
    405.1 KB · Views: 3,083

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi, thank you! So glad to hear from you!!! I will post pics tomorrow, I promise!

Diamondseeker, you ARE AMAZING!!!!! Thank you!!! I think we posted at the same time! :appl: How is your amazing Vatche????? Love love love!!!!

So here is a comparison of the WF versus Tiffany bezels and chain - I think they are identical.

Attachments

• BezelComparison.bmp
    461.6 KB · Views: 3,084

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
As for whether they flip - yes, they flip! I don't even notice it, however! I love how they flip - the underside is surprisingly sparkly and beautiful. The only bezel that has never ever flipped is my Tiffany diamond. It just won't flip. I have no idea how they designed it that way but it just won't flip no matter how hard I try - even for scientific purposes!!! :naughty:

You won't mind or even notice how they flip! It's delightful, in a way. I think it's whimsical and both sides reflect lots of light and the effect is quite pleasing! :love: :twirl:

Here's a far away shot - I was showing off my inside out hoops! You can see how the diamonds flip yet still shine/sparkle from afar! This is the WF DBTY that I threw away... the new one from IDJ is bigger and I daresay I don't miss my old one at all!!!

Cheers! :wavey: I promise to take pics of the new one and post tomorrow for comparison! Hope this helped!!!!

Attachments

• Hoopsies.bmp
    373.6 KB · Views: 3,064

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BLISS!!! I hadn't heard the story about you throwing away your WF DBY!!!! :errrr: ;(

But your hubby went and got you a bigger and better one???? Somehow I don't think my husband's response would be the same! :lol: I'd be throwing away all my jewelry if he did that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, I cannot wait to see the new one! Sorry to throw you off track Orbaya!!!

(Bliss, I was just thinking that my collection is somewhat of a miniature of yours! :lol: I have my sapphires for my earrings but haven't set them yet!)

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for responding Bliss!! They are so gorgeous!! :love:

The ID Jewelry site doesn't have good photos or information about their DBTY necklaces, which makes me a bit wary but I know that they have a good reputation around here. It does say that their stock setting has 11 diamonds at 1.10cttw, (and is the perfect size for me) and are SI which obviously can mean anything. Getting info on a similar necklace from the same jeweler is encouraging! So you love your stones and find them eyeclean? I have an email in to them, obviously won't hear back until Monday. I wish I didn't live 6 hours away or I'd just go to them!!

I can't wait to hear more info about your IDJ necklace tomorrow! Give me all the "deets"! :D

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss|1333242752|3160918 said:
Hey!

Thank you!!

Hi Orbaya!!!!

So I had a platinum DBTY 16" chain from WhiteFlash that I adored. It was custom made with 15 pointers - 11 of them total spaced evenly apart. Near the back, I had them space it a little farther from the clasp so that the clasp would always stay in the back.

They did a great job - as you can see below, the bezels are just like the Tiffany bezel - the chains are identical. Very very delicate and lovely! I unfortunately threw this necklace in the garbage at work one day and it is probably sitting in a landfill in NY or NJ somewhere.

DH surprised me with a brand new DBTY from ID Jewelry a week after I lost my WF one. I love it so much more! I will get some pics up tomorrow! It has bigger diamonds (maybe 20 pointers this time?) and maybe the bezels are bit thicker as well but it is more substantial, which I like. The chain is also diamond cut so it sparkles all the way around, whereas the WF plat chain was just like the Tiffany chain - meant to disappear. I prefer the IDJ chain. More sparkles!

You can compare the WF to the Tiffany one below! I think the length is 16" for both. The quality is amazing. Truly. The WF had ACAs in them and the Tiffany diamond is also very very lively and gorgeous. The IDJ diamonds are amazing as well. All comparable and lovely! I'll also have to measure how far apart they are!

I also like wearing pendants on it. This one below is the custom WF one I threw in the garbage. Oops. Argh!

Can you post a picture of the IDJ and Tiffany bezels size by side? Thanks!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1333243515|3160930 said:
BLISS!!! I hadn't heard the story about you throwing away your WF DBY!!!! :errrr: ;(

But your hubby went and got you a bigger and better one???? Somehow I don't think my husband's response would be the same! :lol: I'd be throwing away all my jewelry if he did that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, I cannot wait to see the new one! Sorry to throw you off track Orbaya!!!

(Bliss, I was just thinking that my collection is somewhat of a miniature of yours! :lol: I have my sapphires for my earrings but haven't set them yet!)

Ohhhhh Diamondseeker!!!!!!!!!! You're getting sapphire studs??????? SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! I was just telling DH that they are my favorites. :love: Something about the blue just pops and they get the most compliments, too. NICE CHOICE!!!!!!!! :appl: You are such a classy and lovely woman - you will be even more stunning with these beauties. And your new Vatche Tiffany and everything else - and the big huggies! Oh my!!!! Bling bling!!!!!

Hahahaha, I should throw away jewelry I want to upgrade, right? Except I didn't insure my smaller pieces and so this was a wash. I am still kicking myself for this one. I wish I could have given it away, you know? That the poor ACAs are sitting in a big garbage heap somewhere pains me! :-o

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
orbaya|1333244400|3160941 said:
Thanks for responding Bliss!! They are so gorgeous!! :love:

The ID Jewelry site doesn't have good photos or information about their DBTY necklaces, which makes me a bit wary but I know that they have a good reputation around here. It does say that their stock setting has 11 diamonds at 1.10cttw, (and is the perfect size for me) and are SI which obviously can mean anything. Getting info on a similar necklace from the same jeweler is encouraging! So you love your stones and find them eyeclean? I have an email in to them, obviously won't hear back until Monday. I wish I didn't live 6 hours away or I'd just go to them!!

I can't wait to hear more info about your IDJ necklace tomorrow! Give me all the "deets"! :D

Ohhhh Orbaya! VERY excited for you! Mine has 10 diamonds at (I think?!) 20 pointers each. I'm not sure because it was a surprise gift from DH and I haven't even had the chance to ask Yekutiel. I just know that he laughed when I said that I liked this one better and replied, "I know! The diamonds are bigger!!!" Ha ha! What can I say? They seem to be spaced about 1.25-1.5 inches apart. I'll have to measure them more accurately but Yekutiel should know!!!

So I tried to give you a good perspective shot... here is how it would look in real life. I never wear necklaces on the outside of turtlenecks, by the way! But I did it to show you how it would look on and I was too lazy to change! :cheeky:

DBTY7.JPG

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I think the diamonds are SUPER sparkly. I have a mondo eternity band with GIA certified F VS quality stones and Yekutiel mixed in uncerted stones - his version of ACAs and I cannot tell the difference. They are all super sparkly and fiery. Gorgeous.

You can see how it holds its own against the other bling I was wearing today! It's a really lovely necklace and I wear it all the time. So comfortable!!!

Uhhh....Don't know why the diamonds look yellow - my center stone is a GIA F color for reference so don't be afraid! Your diamonds will be super white and sparkly!!!! :appl: Hahaha. I had long lovely nails last week until I scratched my baby so I cut them all off! She was leaning off the couch (usually she scrambles down with no problems) and I grabbed her just in case. And I scratched her face! I felt so bad that I filed everything down! Now I have man hands! But it's OK because it's for my baby girl! :love: LOL

Also, the photo makes everything look clunkier - my micro pave studs are super super delicate and they look chunky here. Your necklace will be very fine and lovely! I love love love this one much more than the other version, even though the other version was probably double the cost.

Hope this helped! Can't wait to see yours!!! :appl:

DBTY21.JPG

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I'd update and say that I just ordered 16" DBTY with 10 diamonds that are .15 each from Whiteflash! It will take 10-14 days to complete. I can't wait!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is fantastic, Orbaya! :appl: That is very close to what I would like, so I will be anxious to see it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bliss your halo mount looks killer with that sapphire in it!

Orbaya can't wait to see your new beauty!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited!!!

The only bad part about buying jewelry online is the fact that we have to WAIT!!!! :D It's totally worth it, but once money changes hands, I want it NOW!! :lol: :D

How on earth am I supposed to wait two weeks?!?!?! :twirl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It will be worth the wait!!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1333509049|3163014 said:
That is fantastic, Orbaya! :appl: That is very close to what I would like, so I will be anxious to see it!

Ohhhh....what do YOU want??

Since my necklace is semi-custom, I have to wait until April 25th until it's completed. That seems sooooo far away! 8)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be worth it, but I understand how hard the waiting is!!!

I am torn between two different things. I sort of want an 18" one with smaller stones (maybe 7-8 pts???) to wear pendants on. It would have 10 stones so that the center could have a pendant. If I got a stand alone one, I would want pretty much what you are ordering (10 or 11 stones at 15 points).

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1333672044|3164557 said:
It will be worth it, but I understand how hard the waiting is!!!

I am torn between two different things. I sort of want an 18" one with smaller stones (maybe 7-8 pts???) to wear pendants on. It would have 10 stones so that the center could have a pendant. If I got a stand alone one, I would want pretty much what you are ordering (10 or 11 stones at 15 points).

Sounds lovely! I am also thinking of using my DBTY as a way to "fancy up" some of my pendants, but I don't think that it will be possible, except for one. I think the bezels will be too large for most pendant bails, unless they can open and close or have large bails. I don't know if that would be an issue with 7-8 pointers or not. Just throwing that out there as something to consider. :) If it would be an issue, then just go for the bigger diamonds!! :Up_to_something: :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, right now I only have one pendant with a larger bail and I think it was made to be on a diamond chain. I would have to have them measure a finished bezel for me to see what the largest size is that would work. I'd have to eventually get other things to make that style worthwhile, though.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1333674603|3164584 said:
Yes, right now I only have one pendant with a larger bail and I think it was made to be on a diamond chain. I would have to have them measure a finished bezel for me to see what the largest size is that would work. I'd have to eventually get other things to make that style worthwhile, though.

Sounds like a plan! :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump!

Hi Bliss,

I love DBTY necklaces, but I'm hesitating pulling the trigger for the following reasons. I was hoping you could shed some light, as someone who regularly wears her DBTY.

1) I'm concerned that because the diamonds are right next to your skin, the oils will dull the blingy-ness. Will well cut melee perform through the grime? :)

2) Cleaning the DBTY - how do you clean yours? They don't look like the easiest piece of jewelry to steam. And how often?

3) Do they poke?

Fi wants to get me a wedding gift, and I know he'd be annoyed if I picked something that ended up spending more time in the jewelry box than on me. :)

Thanks in advance!.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PintoBean -

I'm not Bliss, but am the original poster of this thread so I thought I'd chime in. I received my custom 1.50ct DBTY (10 stones which are .15 each) from Whiteflash a few weeks ago! I absolutely LOVE it! To answer your questions -

1. Yes skin oils do get on the stones more quickly than on a ring, which dulls the diamonds a little if you wait a few days to clean it, but they still sparkle beautifully!

2. I find cleaning mine very easy. Every day or every other day I let my chain soak in Mr. Clean while I shower, then rinse it off and viola! There are no nooks and crannies for grime to collect in so it doesn't take much effort to clean it at all.

3. I don't find that they poke. Once in a great while I will feel a stone, but it doesn't "poke" really. I think the diamonds are small enough that it's not much of an issue.

I hope this helps!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Orbaya!

Mr. Clean? That sounds so practical and easy! Is your necklace platinum? I wonder if white gold is ok with Mr. Clean!

Where are your neck shots! To quote the forum "Show me the bling!" :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey: :wavey:

Neck shots neck shots neck shots! rah rah rah! :saint:

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock

Candice621

Rough_Rock
Bliss|1333242752|3160918 said:
Hey!

Thank you!!

Hi Orbaya!!!!

Bliss, I'm hoping you still check PS every once in a while.. I was wondering how you got your DBTY necklace to fit through your cross pendant?? I have the same pendant and was thinking about getting a DTBY w/20 pointers, but I was told that the diamonds wouldn't fit through the pendant loop.. :confused: :confused:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss hasn't been around in a very long time, but either her opening on the back of her cross is larger than yours, which I would guess is the case (it's a larger cross), or they would have had to take apart the chain on the DBTY necklace and permamently put the cross on that chain. The other possibility is that her bail opens and closes.

Candice621

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1469056479|4057729 said:
Bliss hasn't been around in a very long time, but either her opening on the back of her cross is larger than yours, which I would guess is the case (it's a larger cross), or they would have had to take apart the chain on the DBTY necklace and permamently put the cross on that chain. The other possibility is that her bail opens and closes.

Hmm.. I'll have to ask Yekutiel about changing the bail! Interesting idea! Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results