carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, A Vision Problem -- LOVE IT! I'm definitely using that at some point! And sadly I was up again at 5 am for no good reason... but this time I didn't get out of bed until about 7:30.

Rod, what a fabulous oasis you are have there in the back yard! Are you going to have a house warming? If not feel free to consider the 100+ people coming to my house on Friday for my annual Christmas In July soiree your party too!

So we are negotiating the condo deal... I think we will get to the right place on price but they are installing a heat/air conditioning unit and I asked about the proposed placement and they want to put it smack on the wall where the kitchen would logically go. I know why they want to do it that way -- it's the easiest place for the contractor (translation: cheapest option, I'm sure) because the electrical panel and a drain for the condensate line are right there -- but it absolutely not in a location that I'm willing to accept. The funny thing is if it would have been there in the first place I would have just been like, oh well, gotta move that too as part of the renovation, but since they are putting it in new there is no point in locating it in a place that's totally inconvenient for me. That being said, if this were done before I closed it would actually be a huge boon for me because not having to deal with installing heat/air conditioning would be GREAT. Of course they are factoring that into the price, but I know what it would cost and I'm factoring it in on my end too in the negotiation. We'll see what they come back with...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, rats for waking up at 5 am again. I woke up about 5:30 then had the silly try to get more sleep but watch the clock tick away attack. Do use my vision excuse someday. I think it’s a great idea. Good luck negotiating a deal on the condo. I am so excited for you.

Not much new with me. Busy day at work, I had to attend a training class this afternoon and Skinny Marty is out tonight on his bike ride with the bicycle group.

It’s hot, muggy and cloudy here tonight. We sure need rain. The county has banned any outdoor fires because of the high fire danger.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The landscaping is DONE DONE DONE!! I can't believe how exciting we are with a small back yard, but we are and it exceeds our highest expectations. The spa comes a week from tomorrow!

After dinner last night, we went to Lowe's. We have an alcove on the lanai and it was begging for a couple chairs and a table. We were walking around the patio furniture area when a store employee walks up to us to offer assistance. After looking at a bunch of options the one we liked the most was reasonably priced for two chairs and a table, but when we asked if they had a smaller table, the guy says "they did, but don't offer it anymore." Then he whispers, "but I have one." So, we ask if we can see it and he answers in an odd way. It was like an Abbot and Costello skit. Finally I just look at him and say "I don't have a clue what you're saying?" To which he whispers that he had exactly the three pieces in his garage, brand new, in boxes and he wants to sell them. I ask how much and he says give me your phone number and he'd text me when he leaves work. Intrigued, I give him my number. About 10 last night he sends a text and says he'd sell all three pieces to us for $225. Now mind you, they're over $600. I say cool, and this morning he delivers the new furniture in boxes and I have this suspicion I may have purchased "hot" merchandise, but he assured us he bought it for himself at a great price and couldn't use it. It is exactly what we wanted and really good furniture. It's aluminum and can't ever rust.

Anyway, here are some pics. First the new furniture, then the finished backyard:

by_7-5.jpg

by_-_7-2.jpg

by_7-3.jpg

by_7-4.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, your weather sounds about as miserable as ours. It's supposed to be 90 and thunderstorms today and tomorrow with a heat idex well over a hundred. Ugh.

Rod, interesting story about your new furniture! There's a GIANT permanent flea market on the far south side here the the CB and I went to last year. He bought what we think may be a hot Burberry shirt for $35. The guy assured us it was (a) real and (b) not stolen. Who knows...

Last night we put up the Christmas tree. Today I'm meting with the property manager then going to Costco for party stuff and beginning the cleaning up in earnest. The goal is to be pretty much party ready before I go to bed tonight. We'll see how that turns out.

The agent in Michigan said that the sellers have accepted my office on the place, so we have a deal... except they haven't signed off on the location that I want the HVAC unit in... so I had to explain to her that we do NOT have a deal because I'm not letting them mount the thing right where the kitchen goes. I have so many people tell me (and I'm definitely not blowing my own horn here) that I'm a great real estate agent. Actually, I don't think that's true, I just think so many of the other ones are bad that I look good in comparison! Anyway, they are supposed to talk to the contractor today and see how much it will cost to put it where I want it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, good deal on your furniture. It looks great. How strange that guys had it so cheap for you. I would guess it was ill gotten but who knows? Your backyard looks fabulous. You guys will really enjoy it. I swear it looks like someone designed it on one of those TV shows.

Dee Jay, it looks like most of the country is having a big heat wave. There are so many fires around too. Ugh. It’s only July too. Not that I am in a rush for cooler weather but even I think it’s hot. I would say a $35 Burberry shirt for $35 is ill gotten too. All right you are almost there with the Christmas tree put up and the house picked up. Let the party begin! Good luck with the boat house deal - hopefully they install the AC where you want and everything goes through fine.

Your discount merchandise reminds me of the copy stuff Marty bought in Hong Kong. He got me a copy purple Dolce Gabbana purse for about $35 U.S. dollars. It looks great but the dye stunk to high heaven. I threw it out after a few years because that smell never went away. He and his co-workers bought copy Rolex; they were calling them Rolax. Some of them didn’t look bad; some did. One of them turned the guy’s wrist green.

It is kind of smoky here again. My eyes are watering tonight. I tried to convince Marty I was crying but he wasn’t buying it. Strange. He grilled me a cheese sandwich on the grill tonight and I had some baked BBQ Lays with it. I haven’t had a grilled cheese for months since bread has been scarce here.

I met a friend for lunch. Her sister lives here and their mother was in town so all of them came to lunch along with her sister’s toddler. She is sure cute. She didn’t want to eat though just watch everyone in the restaurant.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!

Have a great evening.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-did you say Friday? Holy cow, I've been waiting for it all week! Skinny Marty? I wish I could be skinny Dee again! I hate to hear that it's so smoky there. Can't be outside long when that happens. We were in California one year when fires were burning and it was just awful.

Dee*Jay-yay!!! I hope everything gets ironed out and your deal works out. How exciting!! It read so funny to me when you said you put your Christmas tree up. I forgot about this awesome party you throw!

Rod-your landscaper did a fabulous job! I hope you and Charlie enjoy many relaxing evenings out there. It's absolutely beautiful.

Quickie post tonight. I have terrible insomnia and just took my sleep aid (2 glasses of wine a 10mg Melatonin) and I'm hoping to be in dreamland soon. I wanted to drop in to show my new band that arrived today. I bought it from the preloved forum, which I have never done. I wanted a wide band but didn't want to drop a bunch of money on one because I'm not sure how much I'll wear it. It's very sparkly in person, and I have decided that I quite like it. It's wide without being thick, if that makes sense. I shouldn't post a hand shot because I've been on a salt binge this week, it's freakin hot and humid outside and I am so grossly swollen. Anyway, here it is. Have a wonderful Friday!

_4896.jpeg

_4895.jpeg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, the band is beautiful! I hope you wear it in great health and happiness.

Thanks for the nice comment about the back yard. We're so friggin pleased with it!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY for it being Friday!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Christmas in July kids!

Deegee, love the new band! Between yours and Curby's new band I feel like I should buy something so I fit in!

Rod, I am so in love with your back yard! Your landscaper did a FANTASTIC job!

Curby, Rolax -- HA! For as much as I wear mine I should have gotten a Rolax and saved the $$$.

So I think I'm in pretty good shape for this party! The booze FINALLY arrived (was starting to panic -- I had a 9 am - 12 pm delivery window and I called at noon to find out where it was and the guy was there just a few minutes after that, thank god) and is chilling, the house is clean(ish), the CB is picking up the ham and turkey breasts on the way home, and a friend of mine is coming in about an hour to start on food prep. I'm actually sitting on a chair right now with my feet up enjoying the calm before the storm for a little while. Whew!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DeeJay! I hope your party is fabu! I remember you saying you weren't going to do a major clean, for people to then muck it all up. Made sense to me. Yes it did!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Deegee, your band is gorgeous. It does look very similar to mine. Is the band super thick? Mine is; it is very chunky. I would wear it more if it wasn’t so thick. I wish I could be Skinny Marcy again but Marty is sure doing well. Poor guy is really lost, bored and anxious. I hope your sleep aid worked wonders for you.

Rod, I can see why you are pleased with your backyard. It looks great.

Dee Jay, Happy Christmas in July. I should have sent you a Christmas card. Darn, now i think of it! I know your party will be a success! Have fun.

I spent my afternoon working on updating old procedures that include screen shots of our applications. Boring but I think they’ll be helpful for my new employee whenever that works out.

Marty went to an outdoor concert downtown tonight. I passed on going because the great outdoors is smoky and my eyes appreciate staying away from it.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy / Curby

P.S. At lunch today I drove over one of those cement blocks that are at the end of party places. I don’t think I didn’t anything to my car. I just backed up over it. All I need is to muck up my car now that I plan on trading it. We have to get my scraped up wheels fixed and a scratch on my hood repaired anyway.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-have you lounged in your fabulous back yard yet? Or is it like it is here...too dang hot to be outside!? I haven't heard back from the lansdscaper. It's had to find one around here, and they're all super busy. I called the one I did because he has a portfolio of his work on his website, and he has designed some beautiful patios. He took his time while he was here and asked a lot of questions, so I have high hopes for a nice design.

Dee*Jay-did you put a giant inflatable snowman outside for your party? Was the party last night? I sure wouldn't have the energy to have a bunch of people on a Friday. Last night after work, I immediately put on my jammies and took a two hour nap! It felt divine to sleep for two whole hours. Ahh. Anything new on your condo purchase?

Marcy-this band is wide without being thick or bulky. It's surprisingly comfortable. It does look a lot like your band. I had first thought about buying it back in May, but you know how I have to think about things. I had decided if it was still for sale in a few months and I still liked it, I would buy it. Then I forgot about it! I was going back through older posts and saw your band, which reminded me check with the seller to see if this band was available. And now it's on my finger. Yippee!! I hope you'll become more curb-less when you get your SUV! So far I haven't hit a single curb with my BMW (knock on wood!).

I got a Brazilian hair straightener today. I used to get one every year, but haven't for the last few years because they take so long to apply (you're at the salon for 2.5-3 hours) and then you can't wash your hair for a few days. With the non stop rain and humidity this year, I broke down and had it done. My hair is super stick straight right now, and by Monday it will be super gross. I plan to hang around the house and do a whole lot of nothing for a few days. Maybe some laundry. Maybe. Have a great weekend!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, that will be nice to get some landscaping done. Rod has set the bar for us! I did wear my band again for a few days; I think if I get it sized (or try Dee Jay’s bandage trick) I will like wearing it better. That’s great that you haven’t had any curbing incidents with your BMW. I will sure try to avoid curbs when I get mine. Your hair straightening sounds like a long process in the salon and I’d be feeling pretty yucky not washing my hair for several days. Reminds me of camping in our small trailer. I at least had plenty of water in our 5th wheeler. I sure that would sell by the way.

Speaking of salons I will probably get my hair cut shorter and have them cut bangs before we head to the beach next month. I ordered some capri today because I know it’s going to be hot. I never wear something like that but don’t want to be miserably hot either.

I got around this morning and ran some errands. I returned some pants to Kohls and then spent my Kohl’s cash. I bought 4 tops on sale, had 15% off and had $40 Kohls cash so each top cost me about $6. Woo hoo!

I was going to get some groceries while I was out but my vision problem kicked in again and I didn’t see myself enjoying that so I came home. I did some shopping online, too bad I can’t get groceries delivered to my house. I would so use that service.

Marty hung out in the bar after golf this afternoon. I finally sent him at text at 5 “hey, I’m hungry”. Sounds like they were discussing politics and other never ending topics. I told him I knew as long as he was there I knew the BS was flying. Ha! Now he is napping on the couch. Too many Gray Goose and sodas.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, we worked in the yard and lanai today, but we most certainly didn't lounge around it. It's as you said too dang hot down here. But there were things I needed to take care. When the put in the ceiling fans and took out the ceiling lights, it needed to be painted up there. I found the right paint in our touch up kit and climbed a ladder and did that. I also needed to touch up the french doors on the outside and since I had the right paint, I took care of that as well. When they stained the fence, they managed to get some drops of stain on the finished floor of the lanai. The builder didn't provide paint for that, so I had to ask them what it was painted with and go get the smallest quantity I could get, which turns out to be a full gallon. Sigh, I needed just a tiny bit, but now I have enough concrete floor stain to paint the entire lanai......twice. The touch up worked reasonably well. I guess since it's outside and has been in the sun for a couple months, you can see where I did touch ups, but I imagine the sun will bleach them too over time.

We went to Home Depot and I got a brand new Weber Gas Grill and another outdoor rug for under the new chairs and table area. I was planning to grill at home tonight. But our next door neighbor came over and invited us to dinner and to see her vacation pictures from visiting her sister in Switzerland. She was born in India, but raised in the US and she fixed the most wonderful Indian food, from rice to spicy ribs. The food was just fantastic. She's the sweetest neighbor one could ask for. She has two sons, one 11, the other 15 and they're with their father this weekend.

Last night we went over to our other new neighbor's house and had wine with him. He's a great guy and we had a great time there. It's funny how we're having a way more social life with our new neighbor's than we ever had at the condo with so many more neighbors around us.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get up and get crabs for dinner. I haven't had crabs since before we moved out of the condo.

I hope you've all had a great weekend so far!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, it does sound too hot to lounge around outside this weekend. Glad you were able to touch up some of the spots on your new house this weekend. Marty needs to do that for our place. Good deal you got a new grill. Your neighbors sound wonderful; that will make it nice for you and Charlie to have friendly neighbors.

I am getting ready for my vacation on the beach - I am watching all the Jaws movies. Ha!

I am able to check everything off my “to do” list today. Grocery shopping, laundry, make stuff for my lunch this week and pick up the obstacle courses around the house (aka as Marty’s size 14 shoes).

We are getting a strong thunderstorm right now. So far it’s all grumbling and no action. My car is in the garage so I’m good. Marty is still at the golf course but the clouds look like they are more by our house and north of town than by the golf course.

Have a fabulous day and ready or not when we get up in the morning it’s going to be Monday.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a nice Sunday. It looks like it's going to storm out, but of late, the storms have managed to go around us. We really need a soaking rain for the new landscape.

I had a good session on the elliptical this morning. We put ceiling fans in ever room, except for the elliptical room. That was a mistake. So we made our daily visit to Home Depot and I bought a nice simple brushed nickel ceiling fan for that room. Now every room in the house will have one. The Lanai has two of them! Our "guy" will be coming over this week to install the new TV and he installed all the fans in the house, so we'll have him install the fan in the elliptical room. I also bought one of those extenda-bulb-changing-poles for all the recessed lighting in the house.

We're having crabs for dinner tonight. Woo Hoo. It's not exactly the kind of weather one would want to be outside in grilling with thunder and lightning anyway.

I hope you've all had a great Sunday........

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, some people brought Christmas gifts, but no cards. I did have a few things under the tree that I STILL hadn't given to people from last year, and also a baby gift for someone who was coming to the party but whose baby shower I wasn't going to on Sunday so I just stuck it under there too.

Deegee, my inflatable is actually a nine foot all dinosaur in a santa hat. One of those fine Home Depot purchases that just keeps on giving! It's funny to watch the kids and dogs in the complex because some of them are fascinated by it and some are pretty skeptical -- ha!

Rod, sounds like you guys had a great weekend! And good call on the ceiling fan. I am probably going to install at least one in the boathouse (if this deal ever happens) but it will have to be pretty flush to the ceiling because the ceiling height isn't very tall (I think only eight and a half feet or so).

Well I survived the party! Actually, I was in better shape this year come mid afternoon than any of the prior years. The crowd was smaller than usual (no complaints!) and everyone was gone by 11 and we were done cleaning up and in bed by 12:30.

On Saturday we went to do the inspection at the boat house... which was a total bust. The water wasn't turned on and even if it was the sink, toilet, shower and laundry weren't hooked up. So really there was pretty much nothing to inspect. The CB was just as mad as a wet cat about the whole thing. Oh well, what can you do.

Yesterday I took a client to see a couple of things and then checked out some sleeper sofas at a store by my house. I think I'm going to have to go with American Leather because no other brand even compares in terms of comfort. Last night we had one helluva storm roll through. I went out in the thick of it to clear the debris off the manhole covers so the parking lot would drain and it was so deep it was actually over the top of my rain boots. Crazy! One of my other neighbors came out when he saw me and helped me move the branches that had come down from the trees over to the side It was a real mess.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, a fan in the elliptical room is definitely a must. Those extenda-bulb-changing-poles are great. We made daily trips to Lowes the first month we lived here. How was your dinner last night?

Dee Jay, that is great your party went so well. Sweet you got some Christmas presents. That is kind of hard to inspect the boat house if the water wasn’t hooked up. Wow, that storm sounds awful last night. You are a trooper going out there and clearing the debris off the manhole covers. That water sounds deep.

Marty made some beef parmesan for us for supper. I had some linguine with Alfredo sauce and Marty had green beans. That should cure me of my chicken parmesan craving for a while. This time we used tenderized cube steaks; they worked well.

I worked on procedures this afternoon. Snooze fest there.

Have a great evening and Tuesday.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, the party sounds like it was a great success! Sorry the inspection didn't go smoothly.

Marcy, the crabs were simply fantastic. In fact I bought enough that I had the leftovers for dinner tonight!

I can't wait till we get the ceiling fan up in the elliptical room. I did a short session when I got home and I really was sweaty. I'm sure I'll still sweat with the fan, but maybe not quite as much.

Is it Friday yet??

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, as much as I try to do around my complex some people are just NEVER happy. After doing all that cleaning up from the storm one of the residents texted me today to tell me that the place was a mess and she wanted the landscaper to come over TODAY and get it all cleaned up because she has a showing tonight and 6 pm. I was flabbergasted. I stopped short of saying "F U" but not MUCH short. She can get out there with a broom and clean the place up herself as far as I'm concerned!

Rod, I had an elliptical dream because of you! I dreamed that I moved into this big building and the top floor was storage. I went up there and instead of storage rooms it was one big open space and people could put whatever they wanted in there. One guy had a big piano in there and was playing his heart out! Other people were walking round having cocktails and enjoying the piano playing. There was a bunch of other stuff up there too and I realized I could put an elliptical up there and use it any time I wanted because that room seemed to be a free for all, so why not?! I even went so far as to walk around the room and look to see where the electrical outlets were!

So there is good news and bad news with my boat house... the good news is the CB talked to the HVAC contractor today and he said it actually wouldn't be much (if any) more to put the unit where I want it. The bad news is my Michigan agent just called me and her dad is terminally ill and she has to fly to Miami this afternoon. Obviously her dad is more important than my contract so I told her to GO and we'd deal with it once she gets things figured out down there. It is what it is.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1469556382|4059479 said:
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, as much as I try to do around my complex some people are just NEVER happy. After doing all that cleaning up from the storm one of the residents texted me today to tell me that the place was a mess and she wanted the landscaper to come over TODAY and get it all cleaned up because she has a showing tonight and 6 pm. I was flabbergasted. I stopped short of saying "F U" but not MUCH short. She can get out there with a broom and clean the place up herself as far as I'm concerned!

Rod, I had an elliptical dream because of you! I dreamed that I moved into this big building and the top floor was storage. I went up there and instead of storage rooms it was one big open space and people could put whatever they wanted in there. One guy had a big piano in there and was playing his heart out! Other people were walking round having cocktails and enjoying the piano playing. There was a bunch of other stuff up there too and I realized I could put an elliptical up there and use it any time I wanted because that room seemed to be a free for all, so why not?! I even went so far as to walk around the room and look to see where the electrical outlets were!

So there is good news and bad news with my boat house... the good news is the CB talked to the HVAC contractor today and he said it actually wouldn't be much (if any) more to put the unit where I want it. The bad news is my Michigan agent just called me and her dad is terminally ill and she has to fly to Miami this afternoon. Obviously her dad is more important than my contract so I told her to GO and we'd deal with it once she gets things figured out down there. It is what it is.

Oh how I DON'T miss being President of the condo association. That right there is a good reminder how much nicer life is without the hassle of whiny baby owners expecting me to drop everything and deal with their non-issue. Yes it does!

I wish I remembered dreams. I know I dream, but I have no idea what about. I must sleep so deeply, they're buried away when I wake up. Charlie remembers dreams vividly like you evidently do. The free for all room sounds cool. You should have one in your building! Make that a priority, OK? LOL

Sorry to hear your agent in MI has family issues taking her away from helping you. Isn't there someone she works with who can step in her absence as backup?

Thursday's going to be fun day at the house. The Spa is being delivered. The new TV and ceiling fan are being installed and at long last, our plantation shutters for the downstairs windows and french doors are being installed. Charlie seems to have gotten used and even seems to like not having anything on the widows (we have blinds on all the windows upstairs), but I don't particularly like the fishbowl look and feel. So I'm glad the shutters are ready to be installed. This will complete the entire house, from top to bottom and outside too. Not bad progress when you realize we closed only 4 weeks ago, this coming Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, good deal you got to have crabs 2 days in a row. No, sadly it is not Friday yet but I get off at noon tomorrow. Woo hoo! And I’ll spend my morning watching the Thunderbirds while dining on a blueberry pancake.

Dee Jay, I have to say I am not surprised at that ungrateful resident. Some people are NEVER happy and sure want to convey that message to anyone who will listen. You showed lots of control not telling her off. Funny dream. You could have cocktails after using the elliptical and the music is already provided. Glad to hear the HVAC can easily move the AC at the boat house where you want it. I hate to hear about your agent’s dad.

Rod, you made me laugh at “whiny baby owners”. I have less and less tolerance with people like that. Deflectors are right up there too. That is impressive your house will be all set up in 4 weeks after moving in. We love our plantation shutters. We were so happy with them we had them put in Marty’s office downstairs. Woo hoo to the Spa being delivered, TV installed and the fan put up in the elliptical room. You’ll have to stay home this weekend and enjoy it all.

I had to go to work early to get a last minute update done before 9. I kept thinking about it last night so I didn’t sleep well and got up early. I am yawning already and it’s only 7:30.

I kind of had a queasy stomach this afternoon so ate toast and a peach for supper. Marty made us a dish of strawberries with whipped heavy cream for a dessert. He is out for a walk right now.

Have a great evening and tomorrow is hump day. Yippee!!!

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Rod, I swear I am one million percent tempted to NOT run for president again. There are a variety of reasons, not the leas to of which is I don't want to know all the things I know now when it comes time to sell. The flip side of course is that I don't trust anyone else to run the complex. This is a real dilemma... Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day at Rod and Charlie's house!

Curby, strawberries and whipped cream sound wonderful! We have strawberries in my office frequently and every now and then they are just not ripe. Makes me wonder what the caterer is thinking -- if you cut the strawberries open and they are all white and hard inside They Aren't Ripe. You aren't doing yourself any favors by bringing us food that makes us think poorly of your quality!

Last night we took down the Christmas tree and finished mopping the floor. Tonight I'm taking a client to see a couple of things and then I will likely have to run around to pick up an earnest money check assuming a deal for one of my other clients comes together today.

Speaking of deals, my agent put the revised offer together this morning and I assume (hope!) she has transmitted it over to the other agent. Fingers crossed -- the CB spent the whole night designing the kitchen and now I've got most of the furniture picked out, LOL.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, as long as we lived in the Condo I would have remained President. I simply didn't trust that anyone would care as mush as I did to do what was right. I was lucky to be able to leave at the time of the election for the board of directors, so I officiated the last meeting, inducted the new board and moved out a couple weeks later. Perfect timing! Yes it was!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mini vent: Last week Chase sent me a laundry list of things they wanted (tax returns, pay stubs, etc.) and I gathered it all together, scanned it into a PDF, and sent it through the secured email system that they require be used to transmit documents. Well the person processing my HELOC just called and asked when I was going to start sending stuff over. I was like, um, what about the 52 pages I emailed you last Friday? OH! Well the system couldn't possibly take an attachment that large! And I was supposed to know that HOW? Plus, the message never bounced back to me so I had no indication it didn't go through. Now they want me to FAX everything. OK, great, but it's exactly like fax machines grow on trees any more. Plus, I'm going to be tied up with two different clients tonight and I leave for the airport to go to NY at 6 am tomorrow morning. Seriously. WTF.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I hear ya! Uploading to a bank's secure portal is cumbersome. I had to break things into individual attachments and upload them one by one. I also emailed them to the loan processor directly. It worked out well that way.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, at least you are pretty certain you don’t want to run for president again but I don’t see you stepping away from it either. It is a dilemma for sure. I would think the caterer would be very careful and picky about what food they bring in to your office; not a good way to encourage future business. Peaches and strawberries are my 2 favorite fruits and I only like them when they are really good. Your place will look like normal again with the Christmas tree down now. Good deal your revised offer was submitted. You and CB are having fun designing the kitchen and picking out furniture. Sweet. Crap your documents didn’t get to Chase. That happened to me with Allstate. I had to submit all the documents to them for me being the successor trustee and it was too big to go through. I got sick of calling the 800 number and starting over from scratch because until they had all of that documentation they wouldn’t talk to me or answer questions.

Rod, you escaped your president job in time. Good plan. I know Marty would be thrilled to find someone to take over the astronomy club. People are still complaining about why we quit running our annual star party. I notice no one else stepped up and decided to take over running it. Good idea to sent in individual documents one at a time.

I like our local holiday. We had a pancake breakfast at work while the Thunderbirds were performing. I had an apple pancake and a few eggs. I only reviewed reports for today through Wednesday so I could get my work done on time. Marty came out and watched the show and talked to a few of his friends at work.

I left at noon and was going to go shopping but the town has way too many tourists in it so I stayed home. Marty is out playing golf but a thunderstorm alert just came out so he may be home soon (or drinking).

Babysitting report: I have 2 ladies who are so childish - they keep snitching on each other. So the one lady interrupts ALL the time and I keep finding her hovering over people and butting in so I told her to please refrain from doing that. She naturally argued with me she doesn’t do that so I gave her some examples and she kind of says “okay”. So this morning I get an instant message from her telling me the other lady keeps interrupting her. I said okay. I tell you putting 5 people in about a 12 x 18 foot room just isn’t a good idea.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, don't you love babysitting? Ha, I know you don't. But it's what helps put a Macan in your garage, right? LOL

And of course it's always amazing to me people in the star club would complain, but never offer to step up and do something. That there pretty much epitomizes a condo association. People complain and expect things to be done for them, even though the ones doing things get no compensation OR thanks. Instead, all we get is grief. Our new little group of 4 new town homes are under no, nadda, zip, association. No rules. No monthly fees. Nothing. We all signed an agreement at closing that we will work with our house-mate to maintain our homes equally. We're already doing one project with our next door neighbor and it's clear we'll never have an issue working together to take care of our homes.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday, Ladies!

Yesterday was a busy day at the house. Here are a couple pics:

The shutters were installed and they look great!

house_-_shutters.jpg

Next, up the new 55" 4K Super Ultra High Def TV. It's amazing how bright and detailed it makes even regular TV:

house_-_tv.jpg

And finally, the Spa is in place. The electricians are there right now hooking it up to the 220v line, so I can't say what's it's like running, but it sure looks great in its place!

house_-_spa.jpg

Can't wait to spend the weekend at home! I'll be a grilling on the new grill tomorrow and enjoying a nice relaxing dip in the spa afterwards!

Have a great weekend all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, your back yard is picture perfect. What a great place to hang out and relax. Your TV looks great and the shutters look fabulous. You had a wonderful Thursday. Ha ha about babysitting. I will keep that in mind that babysitting will help pay for the Macan. Good point! We’ve been amazed over the years at the expectations people have of us for at the star party. I am glad your wonderful new home is rules, fee and association free and you have nice neighbors.

The day zipped by at work because I was really busy. We had a big hail storm move through town between 4 to 5 this afternoon. Marty said we had some golf ball sized hail here at the house but not much of it. I need to go check our flowers and see how they faired. Parts of town has baseball sized hail.

We had burgers for supper and some slow churned for dessert.

Marty is playing golf this weekend and heads to Dallas on Sunday. He is scheduled to be there through the 10th but says he is going to try and come home next Friday (only to play golf).

Any fun plans for the weekend?

Take care.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy.......Yikes to large hail. Hail and cars aren't friends. Not they aren't. I'm glad you don't have the Macan. It would be awful to have it damaged by chunks of ice falling from the sky.

Came home and Charlie showed me where the electrician cut a hole in the side of the house to get the wire into the electrical box. Whoa, did he ever do a horrible job. He broke out some stucco and it looks awful. I'll get up in the morning, head to Home Depot, buy some stucco and fix it. Once it's dried, I'll paint it and the entire electrical line running down the side of the house to the ground. It really made me mad we paid nearly $2,000 for the electricity and this guy thinks what he did looks OK. By tomorrow evening however, no one will have any clue how bad it looked. God bless stucco premixed in quart size tubs!

We still haven't turned on the spa. We have to fill first and since it took the electrician almost all day to finish getting power hooked up, we'll fill it tomorrow morning and then turn it on. It better turn on or that electrician will hear me scream and he won't need a phone to do so.

We had our normal Friday evening Sushi dinner with our friends tonight. Tomorrow some work around the house, like the stucco repair, then out for a few things we need. We're grilling out tomorrow night and [hopefully] getting in the spa. No other plans on the table for the weekend. We just want to enjoy things now that everything's finished. Well nearly finished. The Audio Video guy who installed everything when we moved in and installed the outdoor speakers somehow managed to do something so the speakers outside aren't playing. I spoke with him and he'll be out early next week to undo whatever he did. He'll figure it out.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results