shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay will this be for you to enjoy on weekends or to rent out as an investment? Either way, with a boat slip, it sounds pretty terrific. You'll have to take some pics and post them!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, it would be primarily a weekend place. You can rent them out but the association has restrictions (minimum rental of 14 days and a "lease" has to be submitted to the management office at least 21 days in advance). New Buffalo is only 80 miles away, so that's an attractive feature to be sure because a lot of the properties in nice areas of Michigan or Wisconsin take a long time to get to. I've been on line looking at various sofas and storage furniture. LOL -- I haven't even been in one of these places for real! I also just sent my mortgage guy a note so we can talk about options. The boat houses are so cheap it might be easiest to just do a HELOC on my current place and pay "cash" for the cabana. My guy always has good advice though so we'll see what he suggests. There is also the bigger (2 bed, 2 bath) model that I want to see, and I would probably get a mortgage for that version because it's twice as much.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, HELOC's are wonderful. We used the equity in the condo last year to pay for both new Mercedes with cash. Then paid it off when we sold the condo and still had more money left than we paid for the place 5 years ago. It permitted us to put substantial money into the new house and have a very small mortgage, with absolutely no car payment! A weekend retreat sounds wonderful. We'd love to get one at the beach someday. I think Charlie would like to move to the beach when I retire in 5 years. We may well do that.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, too funny you moved a snow shovel around for a while. Mow is definitely a 3 letter word as well. We had the old fashioned push mower as kids; once all of us moved out then my dad bought a power mower. Then again he never wanted us girls using a power mower. That’s great how a HELOC worked out so well for you and Charlie.

Dee Jay, it was amusing about the mowing and shoveling. My dad couldn’t stand not to come help us out but then when he’d meet his buddies for coffee it would turn in to - yeah I have to mow / shovel Marcy’s house because Marty never gets to it. I was definitely caught in the middle but I figured out a quick way to fix it. Good call to keep your important accounts with unique passwords. I have one of those password apps to store everything but I don’t keep it updated with my work passwords. Good plan to go check the condos out and I love the idea of getting in on one that is being built. If you get the 400 square foot one I’ll rent it for 2 weeks because then Marty’s family CAN’T join us. Ha! Pizza and wine do sound good. I am still craving cheese pizza for some reason. Eighty miles for a get away sounds great!

I still have a splitting headache so when one of my “deflector” employees sent me an email today requesting that I ask someone at corporate to quit sending us “inquired” schedules because they entered one a few weeks ago I forwarded that email to the entire team and said - I can ask him not to send us inquiries but that is part of running that email folder is reading through what they want and handle it appropriately. Don’t be a deflector around me when I have a headache. Ha!

I left work at 3 to go talk to an insurance agency. Looks like I can get better coverage with a lower premium for our home owners insurance; I am staying with our current auto and RV insurance but it will all be handled down the street.

We had our neighborhood community picnic tonight. Marty always sets up our 15 x 30 foot tent for them to use so he as over there early helping out. It is super smokey so I stayed about 3 hours before I came home. My eyes were burning and I smelled like smoke so I took a shower when I got home. Marty stayed to help tear down and of course get his tent.

Tomorrow our entire department is going to see the new Independence Day at 2 then we get the rest of the day off. Free popcorn and a movie. Sweet.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Rod, I just got a message back from my mortgage guy and he's trying to talk me out of a HELOC. It may all be moot depending on what I see on Saturday, but if I do want to go forward I guess I'll just assess my options at that point...

Curby, I've been with Travelers for over 20 years now for everything (home, auto, personal articles, umbrella). I probably should shop around at this point but I never get to it. And I'm sorry it's so smoky, there, it really sounds miserable.

Last night I cleaned about half of the book shelves, including all the stuff in each square, and tonight I'll finish it. I also made a preliminary list for my Christmas in July party next Friday and I've got to go shopping. The booze along is over a thousand bucks! I forget how expensive this is until I do it... Ack! I also need to clean the house, but some of that (like the bathrooms) I won't do until the day before or the day of. Oh... and the Christmas tree... we need to get that this weekend and put it up. Because... yanno... everyone has a 10' tall Christmas tree decorated with pick flamingos up in their living room in the middle of summer...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I'm curious why your mortgage guy would not recommend a HELOC? For us, using the equity in our home was a great option and had we stayed in the condo, we could continue to use the money as we paid it back for up to 15 years. Plus the interest rate we got was around 2.25% when we closed. We went directly through our bank for the both the HELOC and our new mortgage on the new house. They made it so easy as we've been customers with them for many years now and have all our accounts there.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I will be anxious to hear what you think of the condos this weekend. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to stick with one insurance company. We get discounts for being a long time customer, bundling packages, etc. I have a friend that moves around cell phone service, banks, TV service and insurance frequently. She is always looking for the next great deal. I guess I don’t like change that much. The smoke was blowing a different direction today so it wasn’t quite as smoky today. Your party will be soon. I know you always have a great time.

Rod, being loyal customers to your bank paid off for you and Charlie on your loans.

I left work about noon, picked up a junior hamburger for lunch, went and got my new glasses (I can SEE!) and then ran home for about 20 minutes. I got the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded before heading out to the department team building which was going to a movie. We saw the new Independence Day. It was pretty good.

Marty was leaving for a local bike ride outing when I got home. I made some chocolate cookies to take to the Porsche dealers (the one we ordered from and the one who gave us his “slot” to order our car.) Maybe I should try and send some to the factory in Germany too. We’ll go deliver the cookies this weekend.

I am doing laundry tonight as well. Woo hoo! Make the weekend easier.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Rod, I suspect that the reason my guy doesn't want me to do a HELOC is that it's work on his end and he doesn't get paid much (if at all). I've been with him for 12 years now and as a realtor he does all my mortgages for free, and I just bought and refinanced my current place within the past 2-1/2 years so I have a nagging feeling he's just tapped out with me right now. If I decide to go this route I'll contact Chase, which is where all my accounts are, and/or the company that currently holds my mortgage and see what they have to say.

Curby, did you pick up your Tiffany glasses again but with new lenses? I remember you weren't happy with them when you got them so it's nice to hear you can SEE now, ha ha. As for taking cookies to the Porsche dealer... what? Are you trying to make the rest of us look bad?! When I bought my Porsche I took them a check for a hundred thousand dollars and decided they could buy their own damn cookies!

So the CB and I looked through the pics of the available units last night and came up with a floor plan because it was hard for me to visualize in my head where things go in these tiny places. I'm really really hoping the one that isn't built out is the right answer because then I can do it my way. That being said, maybe one that is already done isn't so bad either. I guess I just need to be patient for two more days and then I'll know!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, even if your mortgage guy wouldn't make much money off a HELOC for you, I would hope that given you've funneled a lot of business his way over 12 years, he would have your best interest at heart. I would certainly see what Chase can do for you.

I'll be excited to hear (and hopefully see pics) of the condo's this weekend. We had the opportunity to buy a new townhouse when we first started looking that was still under construction and it's always fun picking out exactly what you want. Fortunately for us, the house we bought was completely finished and ready for us, which was the best option as our condo sold in 4 days as you may recall. While the finishes are not 100% things we would have necessarily selected, overall, they're really nice finishes and we're very happy with the house. You'll know the moment you walk in the front door whether one already finished would be right for you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, it sounds like you are quite anxious to go check out the different floor plans. I am excited for you. I traded in my Tiffany glasses for Oakley’s. The Tiffany glasses were frameless and the screws kept coming loose. My new glasses are plastic - a navy blue on top and a light blue grey inside. I can definitely see better; the one spot that seems iffy is computer distance.
I noticed it improved as the day went on though. I absolutely love your comment about the Porsche dealer buying there own damn cookies. That is about right. I got the prices today for the extended warranty. It is another party warranty; I Googled that company and it has horrible reviews. The price seems reasonable but the financial guy said the prices are based on a VW Passat since the Macan has only been out for 3 years. Marty doesn’t think we should by the extended warranty anyway.

Rod, I am glad you found a new place that was so well suited for you and Charlie. Are the kitties loving their new paradise?

I had people from corporate come see me this morning. It made my morning go fast then I spent the afternoon trying to get everything done. I was close but gave up about 4:30. The rest can wait until tomorrow.

Marty bought a new bike today and got a helmet. There is a local group that rides bikes every Wednesday night and he has some friends in it so he has been enjoying going out for their weekly rides.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad the new glasses are working out better for your Marcy. I've worn glasses from Eyephorics called 2.5. They weigh 2.5 grams and feel like there's nothing on my face. They're pricey, but my frames have lasted years now and when my prescription changes, they just send them back to Eyephorics for new lenses.

The kitties are happier in this house than we could have ever imagined. The love the extra space and the stairs? Oh my, how they love chasing each other up and down the stairs. They sound like a heard of elephants. But it makes us laugh listening to them tear through the house.

Tonight our landscaper flew in from Houston to start the backyard transformation. He will be camped out at our house for the next 7 straight days, including the entire weekend. He's amazingly talented and while he's not inexpensive, his work is fantastic and he's going to transform the backyard into something amazing. We're really excited to see this project get started.

Yay to tomorrow being Friday. We have no plans for the weekend, except to enjoy the house! YAYAYAYAY!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I saw a Macan yesterday that left me scratching my head.. it was clearly a custom color -- somewhere between kelly green and British racing green. The standard colors are GOOD, why on earth would you do that to a Macan? There was a guy in my old complex that had a 911 in British racing green... even the INTERIOR was that color. It was convertible too so when the top was down you couldn't miss it. The guy seemed pleased as punch though every time I saw him drive it so good for him!

Rod, LOL on the kitties! The Demon and Oscar used to race up and down the stairs in my four story townhouse, but mostly just when they were trying to get somewhere, like going O-U-T or when Bill would be on the top floor and they heard the roof deck door open. And you think the kits make a lot of noise, trying having 130 pounds of DOG running the circuit, ha ha! Glad everyone is settling in nicely though!

Last night the CB and I did pretty much nothing. I had grand plans of finishing dusting the second half of the book cases, which I started on Tuesday night, but it didn't happen. Today though, it is chore number one. I've also got a laundry list of other things to do today, some of which is related to next week's party. I'm not going to go crazy and clean the whole house though like I usually do because what's the point of mopping the floor when there are just going to be 100+ people walking all over it anyway?! I also need to go to Costco and the regular grocery store, but I think I'll put that off until next week some time.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, your glasses sound really lightweight. My new pair don’t seem heavy but I might need to get them tweaked; they slide down quite a bit. It’s nice to be able to see. That is awesome the kitties are having fun chasing each other and running around the house. Isn’t it amazing how much noise a small cat can make? I am very anxious to see your backyard when it is finished. It sounds like it should be on TV for a backyard makeover. Enjoy the weekend just hanging around your new house.

Dee Jay, have fun checking out the condos this weekend Marty and I have yet to see a Macan in the wild - we’ve only seen them at the Porsche dealers. That sounds like a very bright color on a Macan. I did like the red but since I have a red car now I decided to go with blue this time. The racing green 911 sounds interesting as well; I am sure he loved it and that is what matters. They had an orange Panamera at the Denver Porsche dealer and it was orange inside as well. Yes it was Bronco orange but even a die hard Bronco fan like me thought it was way too much. I agree why do a lot of deep cleaning before your party when you’ll have to do it again after the party. You’ll have a busy week.

I was done with my work by about 3 today so then I was watching the clock until 5 rolled around. I listened to a bunch of Will and Grace shows today; Jack and Karen just totally crack me up on that show.

We had hamburger patties and corn on the cob for supper then we headed to our astronomy meeting. Lots of folks wanted to stay and chat tonight; we just got home.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I slept in until about 9. Then started watching a silly movie (27 Dresses) so didn’t get my shower until almost 11. I zipped down to a nearby Culvers and got myself a small hamburger and fries so I had that for lunch. Marty was going to get lunch at the golf course and got home about 12:30. We took off to deliver cookies to the Porsche dealers. Marty took a Killer Rabbit on the ride and I took the little teddy bear Snacks so naturally poor Snacks got chewed on the entire day by the Killer Rabbit.

Delivering cookies took most of the afternoon. We stopped at a bike store and a sporting goods store. I was going to whine that we didn’t get me anything today but since we were at the Porsche dealer i decided I’d quit while I was ahead.

We had supper at a Cajun Seafood restaurant in Denver (yes again). I had salad, steak, potatoes and Marty had filet and lobster tail.

Not much exciting going on tomorrow. Laundry and picking up this place.
Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope your found a condo or plan you really like.

Rod, how did spending a weekend in your new home go? I am sure you and Charlie loved it. (And the kitties too.)

I am watching Inglourious Basterds. What a great movie (warning not for someone who doesn’t like violence in movies).

Yes, I downloaded a Porsche app and have been watching videos of the Macan. We did see one in the wild yesterday - a white one going the other direction on the interstate.

I am working on laundry and Marty is out playing golf. I was going to pick up our mail but there were at least 5 wasps or hornets between me and mailbox so I got back in my car.

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Marcy-I'm so excited about your Porsche, I can't stand it! I'm going to be so jealous though, because I swore my next car would be bright blue and I ended up with white. Curse my lack of patience. Hearing you talk about your employees reminds me of how much I've enjoyed not being a manager the last two years while I've been on this project. I've been irritated with being a manager again the last few months, and I'm not even in the same building as my department!

Dee*Jay-you're looking at condos? I really need to go back and read. Speaking of your book cases, I finally got one thing to put in my cubby shelfy tv-thingie. One of my Indian co-workers brought me back a figurine from his last trip home. So it sits there, all alone with a bunch of empty cubbies around it.

Rod-I'm totally loving your back yard idea! Our lawn is a nightmare to mow because of the hill, and I can't convince Matt to get a service. I had a landscaper come last week to give me an estimate on re-doing our landscaping, removing the sidewalk and putting in a pretty, paver sidewalk and designing a paver porch area at he front of the house. I'm excited to see his design, except I'm feeling guilty thinking about a project like this right now.

Things aren't better here. Our high school suffered 12.5 million in damage, and it's only valued at 17 million. Street after street after street you see gutted homes that are either abandoned, or the homeowner is living in a tent beside the house. Houses that they thought could be saved after gutting them have been hit with this nasty, bleach resistant black mold. Matt went to Clendenin to hand out supplies, and said the entire town has been destroyed. One grocery store has been able to open, and one pharmacy. Everything else is gone. In my town, it's easier to tell you what's left than what's gone. It is so dark at night because everything has been abandoned. Sigh. It was so peaceful here. The devastation is so great and widespread, I'm not sure the towns will be back. Sorry-this is my last sad post. My nieces came to visit last weekend, and we had so much fun! I purposely avoided the flood zone because one niece is uber sensitive, and I knew it would have a very bad effect on her. We headed to Charleston for dining and bowling (they always ask to go bowling!), and then to Pittsburgh for a Pirates game. We sat up half the night each night playing games. It's been a long time since I laughed so hard. I needed it. Have a wonderful Monday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Killer Rabbit giving his stamp of approval on the car and color I ordered.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1468796508.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I keep thinking maybe I should settle for what is on the lot so I can get my SUV now but if I am going to up my car payment I may as well get exactly what I want. I really like the car in red too but I want blue for a change. I am sure you thoroughly enjoyed 2 years of being free of employee headaches. Of course I know you had other headaches so it’s kind of a trade off but I sure get tired of it. Good deal you have something to put in a cubby by your TV. I wouldn’t blame people or the towns there if they decide not to rebuild. The devastation is so awful. Please keep us posted how things are going and please don’t feel the need to keep it in; hopefully it helps you just talking to us about it. I am so glad your nieces came for a visit and all of you had some fun and silly times. Laughing it always good for you.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeGee, it is so sad to hear about the devastation in your town. I'm sure you're doing all you can to help. BUT, that shouldn't make you feel guilty to continue living your life and doing things that will improve your lifestyle. Please don't feel guilty, OK?

Friday, I learned there's an older employee in my office who hasn't been in the office for several weeks. We just learned his wife has stage 4 lung and liver cancer. They're in a really bad situation. He doesn't make any money (we're all 100% commission) and he hasn't made a single placement this year and his wife hasn't had a job in 3 years. A few of us went to the bank and got some money together for them and gave it to him. His eyes filled with tears and he admitted he had no money to buy food with this weekend. His brother is wiring some money to him to help him, but I don't honestly know what they're going to do. What I do know is it makes any issues any of us have, pale by comparison.

DeeJay, I'm anxious to hear how the condo shopping trip was!

Marcy, the color of your Macan is simply utterly gorgeous!

We had a great weekend. We had our normal Friday night sushi dinner with our friends. When we bought all our appliances, I got quite a rebate from Best Buy. And for the mess they created over the fridge, they also gave me a $100 gift card. I've felt it was time to replace the primary TV in the family room. It was state of the art 10 years ago, but technology has passed it by. So I took all the rebate money and purchased a brand new 55" 4K Ultra High Definition Samsung and a 32" plain Jane Hi Def tv for the elliptical room. I installed the 32" set, but I'll have to wait for our audio guy to get back from vacation to install the new one in the family room. It will require reprogramming the unified remote he put in when he set up the system in this house. It's now sitting in a closet and driving me nuts with anticipation. I'll have to wait until July 28th though, so I'll just put it out of my head for a week.

Saturday we organized the entire garage and got everything off the floor up into the suspended storage shelves we had installed on Friday. We returned a duvet we had purchased at Dillard's for the new bedroom that was pricey and already had a seam coming apart. When we got there, the lady behind the counter said if we didn't have the original package, they wouldn't take it back, and I was getting a bit upset. We had asked when we bought it just 3 weeks ago if it could be returned and the sales lady who sold it to us, said all we needed was the original receipt, which we had. So the lady behind the counter to prove her point, started to read the back of the receipt and it said returns could be only if it was in the original package OR if there was a defect. We were returning it because there was a defect, so I interrupted her and said did you hear what you just read? They took it back and we wound up buying a comforter, not a duvet. But if they hadn't taken it back, we would sever our buying at Dillard's that for sure.

Our realtor who listed and sold our condo and sold us the new house took us to our favorite restaurant in Tampa on the water Saturday night. The meal and company was wonderful. It's alway wonderful when you have a gourmet meal in a fancy restaurant for free! Yes it is.

Today, we went to the container store and found some great solutions for shoes in the master closet. We are happy to say we've got everything we own in this house, completely organized in the perfect place. We fixed lump crab cakes, corn on the cob and Charlie made homemade coleslaw from my mothers recipe, which was a simply fantastic dinner!

Great progress is being made in the back and side yards. Here is a picture of the fence being stained and one of the pavers going in:

by_fence_stain.jpg
by_pavers_2.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I love your description of seeing vehicles on the road as being "in the wild" LOL. I remember in Kansas City it was so rare to see a 911 outside of the Porsche club gatherings that it was like that too.

Deegee, congratulations on starting your cubbie cube art collection! It's like a snowball, once you get going you'll find stuff left and right. I got two words for you baby: Yard Sale!

Rod, your back yard looks GREAT! I really love the pavers and I'm sure you'll get a ton of enjoyment from being out there. BTW, I'm about to book my annual Florida trip. If I can squeeze in an extra day maybe we can have dinner on Sunday or Monday night (Sept. 18th or 19th)?

So I'm really really torn on the condo thing... We saw four of them on Saturday, three of which I had absolutely no interest in, and the fourth one is in almost ideal condition for what I want. There used to be two combined units and the owner split them back into two. The other side had a bathroom and kitchen built out and it was bought by someone else a few months ago. This side has a very basic bathroom that I would gut but it doesn't have a kitchen, which is ideal because I would have to gut that anyway too. There is carpeting, which has to come up, and I am hoping there is just a concrete floor underneath but if it's tile that will have to be dealt with in a different way. And there is small room that I think was used as a bedroom, and that's go to go too. Oh -- and a FIREPLACE. What?! Why anyone would put a fireplace in this space, even in the combined units, I have no idea. So that has to go away. None of this is insurmountable, but here's where my concerns come in... These places are sold as "cabanas" so they are not mortgageable and that will cut down on my pool of potential buyers when the time comes because they either have to be paid for with cash or a loan on the consumer side (not the residential side). You would think if someone can afford a boat to fill the 46' slip they can afford the $100-$150K for the cabana, but I really makes me take pause. I need more info on how easily these things change hands, how long they stay on the market, etc. Any input here is appreciated.

deck_view.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay,

Sounds like a tough decision. The fact they can't be mortgaged though would be a major concern to me. This just by that would have to significantly reduce the available pool of buyers in the future. Not telling you what to do, but I would look for something that doesn't have a big red flag. Best advice I can offer is trust your gut.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I'm ready for Friday. Is that wrong? That's probably wrong. I'm having my hair straightened this weekend, and I cannot wait. It has rained almost every day for the last 3 weeks, and I figure I'd better have my hair straightened than chop it all off. It's come down to one of those two options, and I do not look good with short hair.

Rod-I'm glad your kitties have taken to your new place so quickly! I was so afraid my cats would freak out when we moved, but they were fine almost instantly. Fine...ha! I mean they took over almost instantly! My kitties are 19 pounds each, so when you hear them barreling through the house, you get out of their way. I'm glad to hear you're doing all you can to stimulate the economy. Isn't it fun to move and need all that new stuff? The pavers look so nice. Was the tree there or did they just plant it? I have a tree in the area where I want my patio, and I asked the landscaper to design around it.

Marcy-that car color is fabulous. I've only had my BMW since January, but I'm like you and I like a new car. Matt asked me the other day if I had started thinking about what I want next. Ha! That boy knows me! I told him I was waiting to see your new SUV in all of its awesomeness, and to get your full review. I may copy you in a few years. How do you like your new wide band? (Very pretty, BTW) I have wanted one for a long time, found an inexpensive one and ordered it. I don't have it yet though.

Dee*Jay-the condo thing sounds so exciting. The deck view is super cool. I have a friend who has a weekend home near Muskegon, and he's there out in the boat almost every weekend. He says the lake is so beautiful. I'd be freaked out about the mortgage thing though. I'm a play it safe, low risk kind of person myself. Good luck deciding! I'd love to have a weekend cabin in the mountains. We spend enough every few months in cabin rentals that we should own something by now!

So, they're bringing in therapy dogs to comfort the flood zone volunteers. It's that bad. We've changed our weekly donations from the Red Cross to a local faith based charity called WV Mountain Mission. They're who we donated all of our furniture to when we moved. They do great work without feeling the need to evangelize. They have partnered with Lowes to get drywall, sub-flooring, insulation, wiring, etc. below cost and are giving it to people who have had to gut their homes, absolutely free. They have lists of carpenters who are volunteering their time to help. Awesome. Have a great day tomorrow!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, the charity sounds wonderful and it's great to hear Lowes is giving building supplies and people are offering their services for free. I know it seems insurmountable with all the devastation, but people are often more resilient than we think and in time, life will come back, people will rebuild, businesses will reopen and what is replaced will be nicer.

The little maple tree was planted by the builder. Maples are fast growing down here, so in a few years, it will be big. It was placed in the perfect spot, so our landscaper will be able to plant other things around it and make it look like it was part of the landscape plan.

The side yard paving was finished when I got home. There will be grasses planted on both sides when he does the planting in the next few days. I'm so pleased with how it's turning out. Here's a pic of the side yard:

by_side_pavers.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rod-I love the walkway! Pavers are what I have in mind for our front walk rather than the concrete we currently have. I'm anxiously awaiting the landscaper's design and estimate.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I am so sorry to hear about your co-worker’s wife. That is so sad. I know he really appreciated the money everyone raised for him. You are so right my problems are so minor compared to what they are going through. I am sending PS dust their way.

That is awesome you got a great rebate and gift card from Best Buy to cover the cost of new TV’s. That will be torture to wait that long to get your new TV installed. If we lived there I would have Marty come set it up for you.

That is great you got your garage arranged. Good deal Dillards did finally take back the duvet. They can be pretty picky on returns.

Woo hoo to free dinner on your realtor.

Your back yard is looking fabulous! The walkway is awesome. You are going to love it.

I have never been to a container store but I know I’d go bonkers and want it all! I love storage and stackable containers.

Thanks - I am pretty excited for a sapphire blue car.

Dee Jay, Marty did see a Cayenne here today. Our first Porsche sighting.

Great view of the dock. That is kind of interesting they sell the condos as cabanas and aren’t considered a mortgage. Decisions, decisions. Good idea to check on how easily they move when they are on the market.

Deegee, sadly it’s not Friday yet. Sorry to hear you are getting so much rain. Yeah for a new hairdo this weekend. I need to get my hair shortened soon.

I am really happy with that color of blue except in direct sunlight. Then it seems a little bright. It’s metallic so the sun really lights it up. I had the Porsche dealer send me information on buying an extended warranty and Marty (like Matt) doubts I’ll keep the car past the standard warranty anyway so that will save me some money. I will definitely keep you posted on my thoughts about my SUV when I get it.

I am anxious to see your new band. I do like my thick band but I honestly rarely wear it. I got it sized large since it’s so thick and it is definitely too big. The thick band takes some getting used to. It does get worked in to my RHR rotation though - and now that you mention it I think I’ll put it out for tomorrow. This one ended up costing me $665 plus tax which I was quite happy with.

WV Mountain Mission sounds like they are doing a lot for your communities. That is awesome. That is nice they are bringing in therapy dogs to help the volunteers.

I had a busy day at work so the day flew by. Marty never got out anything for supper so we ate out then bought skinny Marty some new shirts and t-shirts (I picked up 2 tops for me too). Marty is going to Texas for some training in a few weeks and most of his clothes are way too big.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, it's great that Lowes is providing supplies at below list to people who need them. I am always happy to hear about big organizations that behave this way. As for the cabin, have you ever looked into buying one? I was torn between a cabin the woods vs. something right on the harbor, but unless I can get one with enough land that I can't see my neighbors I don't want it... and then who is going to take care of all that grass? Not me!

Curby, if you band is too big can you cut a tiny piece of bandaid and line in the inside back of it? I do stuff like that all the time... one of the reasons why the CB calls me McGyver. You should see what I do to shoes -- as a US size 5 it's almost impossible to find something that fits right without a little "modification."

Rod, your walkway looks fantastic! Landscaping is one thing I've never taken on so hats off to people who are creative in that department. If you ever wander over to Hangout Packrat and has done an absolutely amazing job on her back yard and she posts pics every year. Matata is also undergoing a backyard renovation that has a bunch of cook pics.

Last night I worked late and then we went to dinner at a local place outside because it was just perfect. This morning the CB's alarm woke me up at 5 am and I couldn't go back to sleep so I had him drop me at work about two hours early. Ugh. It was better than walking though because it's hot and humid already and he's taking my car since his is in getting the windshield wiper motor fixed so I couldn't drive. Of course I could have taken an uber... but no... I'll spend a zillion dollars on a boat house I don't need but I won't pay $5 to get to work in miserable weather, LOL.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my co-workers wife. Tests have come back and now they say they can't find any cancer and her liver levels have returned to normal. Very weird, but wonderful news at the moment. They're doing more tests, but one has to wonder how you can tell a patient you have stage 4 cancer, then just days later say it appears you don't have cancer???? I so hope the newest news is the right news.

Charlie sent me this picture this afternoon. Brick pavers are done and the planting has started. So very excited with how it's all progressing. He'll be completely done tomorrow!

back_yard.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, cabins are a lot of work. My parents had an acre in the mountains with their cabin and they did a ton of work to keep it up. It was a wonderful, relaxing place to go though. Great stars and not a neighbor in sight.

Great McGyver ideas for my band and your shoes. I am sure you’ve found some very creative ways to make you shoes fit. Marty is at the other extreme. He needs size 14 shoes which are few and far between in Wyoming.

Ugh to getting up at 5. I woke up about 5:30 and tried in vain to go back to sleep until my alarm was going to annoy me at 6:20. I tried. I thought of calling in with a vision problem - as in “I can’t see myself coming to work today” but I got up and got ready for my babysitting detail.

I get the logic of spending money on a boat house but not a ride to work.

Rod, your back yard is looking gorgeous. That guy is doing a marvelous job.

How strange about your co-worker’s wife. I hope her test results are accurate but I can’t believe stage 4 cancer would just be gone. I sure hope the new test results are right.

Had a busy day at work. Marty cooked burgers and veggies on the grill for supper. He was fasting for 24 hours (supper last night through tonight) so dishes were minimal for supper. Woo hoo!!!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I like your vision excuse! I might have to use that one day! Getting up at 6:20? My motto is if the sun isn't up, Rod isn't either. So Deejay, I would never get up at 5 AM. No I would NOT!

I do think the she has cancer, no she doesn't is odd. I hope she doesn't. I just don't understand how a doctor can tell a patient they have stage 4 cancer and then say, oops, no you don't?

By the time I got home, more progress was made in the backyard. It's just getting better and better. He's even going to put a big boulder in there. Here's an updated picture:

by_new.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I think the vision excuse is worth exploring. Wow, what a difference in your backyard from the earlier picture. It looks truly amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results