shape
carat
color
clarity

Acinom's Adventures - 2016 edition

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom - thanks for the info. Got on their websites and like what they both have. Always fun to see some different designers.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to see the Bionic from the top-down view. The side view is spectacular!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second that! Very excited to see top shots of this!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pyramid: so glad I discovered Alistair Kelsey via you. The rings he made for you are really special and one of a kind. Thanks for the inspiration. And thank you for your kind words about the Bionic ring!! I collected it today and just posted some pics in the Sunstone Iolite thread. I am thrilled with the ring and the setting.

caf: you're welcome! Elsbeth from L*sieraden is local to me and she is great to work with.

Thank you chrono and ilovegemstones :wavey: I have collected my ring today and I am so thrilled with the outcome. Both the stone and the setting are so beautiful and special. Here are some top view pics for you:

Will make some better pics tomorrow.

_4475.jpeg

_4476.jpeg

_4477.jpeg

_4478.jpeg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, your collection is the stuff of my dreams! :love: :love: I love all your different colors and different styles of settings. This new ring is so beautiful and unique... the geometric pattern goes great with the confetti inside the stone... it looks like you're wearing a little universe on your finger.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1467149729|4049385 said:
Acinom, your collection is the stuff of my dreams! :love: :love: I love all your different colors and different styles of settings. This new ring is so beautiful and unique... the geometric pattern goes great with the confetti inside the stone... it looks like you're wearing a little universe on your finger.

Thank you for your kind words distracts! The stone indeed resembles a little universe. The Sunstone Iolite is one of the most fascinating stones I have ever seen.

Purple garnet ring
My purple garnet ring was in the package from Australia as well. Yay!! I love the elegant and curvy look of the ring. I have posted pics in a thread I just created on SMTB: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/radiance-alistair-kelseys-curvy-lady.223915/#post-4049575#p4049575']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/radiance-alistair-kelseys-curvy-lady.223915/#post-4049575#p4049575[/URL]

_4495.jpeg

_4496.jpeg

_4498.jpeg

_4499.jpeg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omg acinom, that sunstone iolite! Why are you making me want things I can't have right now, tell me why?!!

Why do I desperately want a sunstone iolite now ;(

I've never seen such a stone in person, how does it compare to your black opal? I LOVE my black opal I couldn't love any object more then I do my black opal (precisely because of the POC concept and it reminds me of outer space etc) so this is a stone I'll probably love too right? It has the same factors?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
theredspinel|1467191787|4049584 said:
Omg acinom, that sunstone iolite! Why are you making me want things I can't have right now, tell me why?!!

Why do I desperately want a sunstone iolite now ;(

I've never seen such a stone in person, how does it compare to your black opal? I LOVE my black opal I couldn't love any object more then I do my black opal (precisely because of the POC concept and it reminds me of outer space etc) so this is a stone I'll probably love too right? It has the same factors?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I am not willing to enable you but..... Brad has access to more stones or has stones in his inventory. The pricing is 65€ per carat.

I have not seen my black opal yet: Alistair will set it later this year. Unfortunately I cannot answer your question yet. There are probably Sunstone Iolite lovers and haters. When the shiller is low, the stone has a different appearance which I personally like, but it might not be for everyone.

Good luck resisting the temptation :wavey: My own stone buying ban helped me to concentrate on setting my stones and till sofar it works!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Both rings are stunning Acinom, that garnet is just spectacular! I love the plump curves of the ring. And the iolite ring is so unique, it really does evoke images of out of space.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha major enabler! For once I'm glad our £ has taken a massive hit after this Brexit so I'm buying nothing right now (international anyway).

Can you show a pic of it with low schiller please?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Siameseroo said:
Both rings are stunning Acinom, that garnet is just spectacular! I love the plump curves of the ring. And the iolite ring is so unique, it really does evoke images of out of space.
Thank you Siameseroo!! I am so glad you like the rings since we are Afghan Tourmaline twins 8-). It's such a pleasure wearing these rings.

theredspinel said:
Haha major enabler! For once I'm glad our £ has taken a massive hit after this Brexit so I'm buying nothing right now (international anyway).

Can you show a pic of it with low schiller please?
Ah, I did not realise you were in the UK theredspinel. Good times indeed to leave your money in your pocket. I live in the Netherlands and the Brexit is the talk of the day. I have a great faith in the strength of the UK so in the end it will work out once this insecure phase is over.
Lovedogs posted an excellent post in the Sunstone Iolite thread on high and low shiller. She took some excellent photo's in different lighting conditions and it will be helpful to review. Here it is: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sunstone-iolite.223511/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sunstone-iolite.223511/[/URL]

You will also find several examples of stones in that thread.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the thread link, will take a look in a bit. Wow I had no idea you were in the Netherlands I always thought you were over in the US :)

It's certainly uncertain times right now... I do worry about what will happen. And I don't know if economically this was the right move for us.... ugh so many uncertainties and ways things can go wrong!

I hope our £ stabilises (and gets strong again!) Very soon because I was just on the cusp of buying some earrings from Sally! They are over £60 more expensive now and rising daily! :-o

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, your new rings are beautiful! The iolite ring is very unique and reminds me of outer space too, as others have mentioned. And the garnet!!! :love: :love: :love: it is so pretty and looks great on your hand. Congrats and enjoy your new rings!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
theredspinel: the pound took such a serious blow. I still cannot believe that this is happening. There will be opportunities in the future to buy Sally's work. I would surely hope the pound cannot dive deeper than this.

Thank you for your super kind words picante. I feel priviliged to wear these pieces of art (although in the end it's all 'just jewelry' :lol: ).

The amazing zircon
Sooooo... I received a total of three (stylish!) boxes from Alistair and here is the third:
The stone is from Chris Auletta and measures 10.14x8.78mm at 5.61ct. The color and cut are phenomenal!
The setting is made from 18kt RG and WG and has 3 beautiful baguettes on each side.

_4512.jpeg

_4513.jpeg

_4514.jpeg

_4515.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The blue is amazingly saturated

_4516.jpeg

_4517.jpeg

_4518.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really difficult (or even impossible) to capture the three rings together.

_4519.jpeg

_4520.jpeg

_4521.jpeg

_4522.jpeg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom - your new rings are gorgeous as are all your rings. I especially love your new zircon ring. The setting is so unique! I don't think I've ever seen a ring quite like it before.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words poodles4me :wavey:

PRE BAN UPDATE - YG OR RG FOR MY PEACOCK PICANTE RING?
In 2016 2 pre ban are scheduled before BIG BAN takes over.

For my 'Peacock Picante' ring I am contemplating to choose warm metal instead of my usual metal of choice (platinum or white gold). I my Acinom's Colors thread a lot of helpful PS-ers voted for YG instead of platinum. Now RG has also been added to the possible mix...

_5073.jpeg

_5074.jpeg

_5075.jpeg

_5076.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found the photo with the mid blue sapphire accent stone. Would this combine better with the zircon center if I would choose RG instead of YG (compared to emerald accent stones).

_5080.jpeg

_5081.jpeg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I really like rose gold with blues and greens. I have a little blue green tourmaline set in rose gold, and it's a really nice contrast. I also like the mid blue sapphire accents over the emerald, but that is just the color I personally prefer. I think they both would be beautiful! I am glad to see an update on the ring, Acinom! It has been awhile :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1470227137|4062012 said:
I really like rose gold with blues and greens. I have a little blue green tourmaline set in rose gold, and it's a really nice contrast. I also like the mid blue sapphire accents over the emerald, but that is just the color I personally prefer. I think they both would be beautiful! I am glad to see an update on the ring, Acinom! It has been awhile :D

Thanks for sharing your view picante :wavey: I agree that mid blue would look better with rose gold. Can you share a photo with your blue green tourmaline?

Are you still enjoying wearing your peacock ring. You were considering to switch the stone. Did you pursue doing that?
And how do you evaluate the Euro shank?

It has been a while indeed! Alistair made some goodies for me so this project was postponed for a long while.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope it's ok to post this video.
Victor posted it on his FB with consent of his customer who posted it on a different jewelry forum a while ago. It's the twin sister ring of my kite oriented Emilya. Hers has a blue zircon and mine an Electric Blue topaz. I enjoyed looking at her video...
https://vimeo.com/128807753
(Video of my 'twin sister' ring)

_5084.jpeg

_5085.jpeg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I love that VC twin sister ring! I saw that posted on a different forum last year, and I believe she said it is a blue diamond. It is so gorgeous!

I am still loving my ring and wear it almost every day. I love the euro shank, it hardly ever spins. That was always a problem for me because my knuckles are bigger than my finger and my rings end up fitting a bit loose because of it.

I was actually thinking of updating my show me the bling thread a few days back, so it is a coincidence that you have an update for your peacock ring too :twirl: I won't bore you with the details here, but, yes I am going to set the Roger Dery zircon in my my ring. I chipped my beautiful Jeff White sapphire last year :wall: :doh: ;( and had it replaced with a Montana sapphire from Green Lake. I just never really loved the Montana and am now in the process of trading it in for a diamond to fit a different setting :loopy: Anyway, it is on it's way to David Klass right now to have the zircon set and I can't wait to see it!!

I found a semi decent picture of my tourmaline set in rose gold, but it looks a lot different in real life. I love the way the rose gold enhances the blue green color!

20151204_114922.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom, you are making me wipe drool off my face yet again. You are sooo bad in such a good way!!! :) Gorgeous new additions! :love:

About your peacock ring project... I say YG if you go with the emerald accent stone, RG if you go for the mid sapphire accent stone.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1470258268|4062222 said:
I love that VC twin sister ring! I saw that posted on a different forum last year, and I believe she said it is a blue diamond. It is so gorgeous!

I am still loving my ring and wear it almost every day. I love the euro shank, it hardly ever spins. That was always a problem for me because my knuckles are bigger than my finger and my rings end up fitting a bit loose because of it.

I was actually thinking of updating my show me the bling thread a few days back, so it is a coincidence that you have an update for your peacock ring too :twirl: I won't bore you with the details here, but, yes I am going to set the Roger Dery zircon in my my ring. I chipped my beautiful Jeff White sapphire last year :wall: :doh: ;( and had it replaced with a Montana sapphire from Green Lake. I just never really loved the Montana and am now in the process of trading it in for a diamond to fit a different setting :loopy: Anyway, it is on it's way to David Klass right now to have the zircon set and I can't wait to see it!!

I found a semi decent picture of my tourmaline set in rose gold, but it looks a lot different in real life. I love the way the rose gold enhances the blue green color!

Thanks for your reply picante :wavey: And I now remember your beautiful tourmaline pendant ofcourse! You have posted it in the blue green tourmaline thread a while ago? It's gorgeous!!! Thank you for the colour indpiration.

And quite some developments with your peacock ring. How awful that you have chipped the JW stone. Will you also show a pic of the ring with your montana in your thread? I am 100% convinced that it will look amazing with the RD zircon :love:
Good to hear your experiences with the Euro shank.

And yes, you are right about the center stone in the twin ring: it's an irradiated blue diamond according to Victor's FB. It looks so beautiful on the lady wearing it. I wish she would be an PS-er as well.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
_lovesvintage_|1470282913|4062360 said:
Acinom, you are making me wipe drool off my face yet again. You are sooo bad in such a good way!!! :) Gorgeous new additions! :love:

About your peacock ring project... I say YG if you go with the emerald accent stone, RG if you go for the mid sapphire accent stone.

Aww, thank you for your kind words lovesvintage :wavey:
Thanks for sharing your view on metal and colouring.
I am planning to contact the designer in the coming few days.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PRE BAN UPDATE - RG STACKERS?
This is a bit of a ban breaking activity... I am toying with the idea of having 2 stacking bands made by Alistair Kelsey, that I will either combine together or with my zircon knife edge ring.

One will look like the one below. The other one perhaps with engraving. Any ideas?

_5092.jpeg

_5099.jpeg

_5100.jpeg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like the first band, the smooth surfaces will go well with your zircon ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1470303173|4062397 said:
I like the first band, the smooth surfaces will go well with your zircon ring.

Thanks for chiming in Lovinggems!! I love the fluidity of Alistair Kelsey's work and this band is no exception.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Acinom..hopefully you know I am laughing in a kind kindred spirit way when I say this..

In breaking my semi-ban on CS threads (too much temptation :love: ), I just opened this one to see 1) not only are finally creating your beautiful peacock colored ring BUT 2) also announcing you are headed towards another BIG BAN by breaking your PRE BAN :lol:

I still have a handful of projects lined up in hopes of a semi-ban in 2017. I've been stretching them so that I don't go cold turkey...we will have to see who is more successful...when and if we get there. Hopefully, both of us will do as well as you did last year :angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results