shape
carat
color
clarity

Couple "tricked" into spending $37K on a bogus e-ring

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's just nuts all around. So let me get this straight: they bought a ~4.5 carat diamond for $37k and did apparently no research, had no independent appraisal, AND the jeweler allegedly didn't tell them it was "clarity enhanced?" Their only clue was that the setting was supposed to be 18k and it was stamped 14k? I'm catching a faint whiff of b.s. I'm interested to see what the outcome is since they're asking for a refund.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Couple "tricked" into spending $37K on a bogus e-ring

WHAAAAATTTT??!!! [emoji15][emoji15]

...that whole story is just strange.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel like there were so many inaccuracies in that story. A clarity enhanced diamond isn't a CZ. This is so bizarre.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Could someone please copy/paste as the link wouldn't show any text of the story, only the comments? thanx.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber, it's a video, not a written news story.

Even the news story is just bizarre. Is it clarity enhanced, a synthetic, or a stimulant such as CZ? It can't be all 3.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
It would have been nice if they used a reporter that knew anything at all about diamonds. Since when is a CE diamond made in a lab? Still a diamond.

Also, while a store should be upfront about what they are selling, did this guy really think he was getting a 4.5ct stone for under $40k? Two minutes of research would have raised some red flags.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results