shape
carat
color
clarity

My Jewellery and CS Year 2016

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6 of them are set in a ring, and I have 2 slightly larger loose ones from the same parcel to add to the mix:

6-stonesquarestepcut.jpg

Much as I love this ring, I love my own 1.19ct EC diamond ring more, so it is really surplus to requirement as a ring.

Recycling the stones into a bracelet that I can wear often makes sense, as I could do with a more significant diamond bracelet in my jewellery collection.

DK :))

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DK.... Please pretty please may we see all your jewellery? :shock:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
theredspinel|1460927752|4020534 said:
DK.... Please pretty please may we see all your jewellery? :shock:

I do not have photos of everything, sorry!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hot off the press, glamour shots of my RH Amethyst with Sky Blue Trillions with corners from Doug, it is winging its way to me, and I love what I can in the photos, can't wait to see it in person next week when it arrives!

qq______20160512234711.jpg
qq______20160512234707.jpg

DK :love: :love: :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Dk, I am in love with this ring! So substantial and polished! Love the combo of ammy and blue topaz :love: :love: :love:

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful year! Lovely!
Love the pink spinel...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a stunning result dk!!!
I love love love the substantial look. The stones and the setting are amazing and so is the color combo of vibrant purple and soft blue :love: :love:
This ring is super wearable and has such a chique look.
Looking forward to admire your pics once the ring has arrived.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your kind words.

The design inspirations came from Theo Fennel's bombé rings.

I'd like to set the blue JD oval Zircon in a similar design, however, I can't justify spending that much on the ring setting for a relatively inexpensive stone.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow DK! It's absolutely beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more photos!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case anyone has not read it in the Amethyst thread, sadly, my RH Amethyst ring does not fit the left hand middle finger, entirely myself for not measuring it properly, and forgetting the need to have it made bigger due to the style of the ring.

I did manage to squeeze onto the LH middle finger, however, I could just about take it off with the help of soap and water, and I dare not wear it again on that hand.

However, when my hands are cold in the morning, and smaller, I could wear it on my right hand middle finger. It is still a little bit too tight for my liking though.

I always wear a ring on my RH middle finger, and its size has not increased in the past few years, unlike the LH middle finger.

The ring will go back to diamondmounts for re-sizing soon. In the meantime, here are a couple of hand shots on the wrong hand, and I love it!

rhamethyetring_07.jpg

rhamethyetring_06.jpg

DK :love:

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
I love it too! Too bad about the size but glad you can have it resized.
Congrats!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have sinned with CS as I had not planned to buy any significant stones until after my trip to LA. However, I could not resist this lavender blue trillion Tanzanite from JD! It is 1.79ct and measured 8mm wide by 5.08mm deep. Not a top colour Tanzanite as it is quite pale in JD's photo, however, its shape and colour appeal to me, and I got it at a very good price (to me, and I LOVE JD's eBay auctions):

trilliontanzanite_1.jpg

Hot off the press is a photo of my Sea of Cortez mabe ring, taken by my usual contact at diamondmounts using his phone, can't wait for it to arrive, as it looks good in the photo to me! Size 12 US and I shall wear it on my left hand middle finger.

qq______20160628221306.jpg

This baby is near completion, as they only just received the clasp, the CAD of an ID bracelet with 8 carre cut diamonds, totalling 2.768ct, the largest diamond is 4mm, in platinum, size 7.75in:

qq______20160525205438.png

News about my JD Amethyst ring, it needs to be re-made as it is not possible to re-size nearly 2-sizes up, and I have asked for it to be made narrower by removing the outer rims. Hey ho, nevermind.

That's it for now.

DK :bigsmile:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving your new acquisitions as always, DK! That mabe pearl is just delicious looking! :love:

Sad to hear about the ammy ring needing to be re-made :( but it will turn out gorgeous I'm sure. Also that trillion from JD looks gorgeous! I love that lighter color in tanzanite because sometimes when they are too dark you dont get that lovely purple/blue shade as much. I bet it's a stunner in person!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing this lovely update dk :appl:
The first version of the Ammy ring looked perfect and I am sure they will do a great job again. How did you determine the right size for the new version of the ring?

I love the result of your sin-project. It's a gorgeous stone and I love the colour. How will you set it?

The pearl ring is a dreamring :love: :love: It will look amazing on you and the bracelet as well!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have been a busy woman DK. Love the wide variety of your designs. Can't wait to see them on you in glamor lighting. I am so sorry to hear about the ammie ring. Frustrating for sure, but I'm confident you will make it even better.

Oh, one more thing - I think your rings look great on you!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I love your SoC mabe!

And I'm sorry that your amethyst ring must be remade. But it's great that you have the opportunity to tweak the design. Looking forward to seeing it!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics of my bracelet taken using a phone and it is on its way to me, woo hoo!

qq______20160702133542.jpg qq______20160702133551.jpg

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bracelet looks great and quite stunning with the striking diamonds in it.
Looking forward to see your in action wrist shots dk :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Real life pics of mu Sea of Cortez Mabe ring and ID Bracelet, and I love them!

idbracelet_01s.jpg idbracelet_02s.jpg

socmabering_02s.jpg socmabering_03s.jpg socmabering_01s.jpg

DK :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bracelet is lovely, but that mabe ring is just..
.out of this world! It's ethereal with its color and looks amazing on you! May I ask how you sourced the pearl? I'm not usually a huge pearl person but this is an exception!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The SoC Mabe was purchased from Eastern Tradewind/Agustus Collection at least 2 years ago.

and thanks for the kind words.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, thanks for sharing your in action pics!!!

As you know I am a huge fan of your bracelet. It's such a luxurious everyday piece. I love it that you had it made in platinum. It's looks amazing on your wrist and has great proportions.

Your Mabe ring is a dream ring!!! It has such an amazing and subtle color play :love: :love: :love: I especially love the organic shape yet modern look. The ring looks fabulous on you as well. Great design choices dk :appl: :appl: :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received my EC Aquamarine from Jeff White, and I love it!

i would go as far as to say it has the potential to outshine my 1.19ct E VS1 EC diamond.

Vitals: 6.16 ct. and 9.37 x 12.18 mm (Jeff did not provide me with the depth). The yield was bigger than anticipated - Jeff expected the cut stone to be around 4 to 6ct maximum. It is icy blue with just a hint of colour that I love.

Just a couple of pics taken using my old mobile phone at the hotel in LA, plus Jeff's glamour shot that does not do it any justice, as it looks much better in real life.

byl028.jpg
jwaqua_01.jpg
jwaqua_02.jpg

Here is the ring designs I have in mind, leaning toward 3-stone with step cut traps in the first ring, and I am likely to ask Jeff to cut me a pair in clear white stones when I have the means to set it.

vramjewelry_979054231100158097_1429986115.png
2-77-ctw-radiant-cut-diamond-engagement-ring-j-vs2-27.gif
deco_step_octagon_aqua_and_diamond_ringa_0.jpg

DK :bigsmile: a happy bunny

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your bracelet and new S of C ring, congrats!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new Aqua by JW is fabulous :appl:
Gorgeous dew drop blue colour and the stone looks stunning on you.
Love your setting ideas as well.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an absolutely stunning Aquamarine :love:
I love all of the inspiration rings too ( in fact I've got very similar ideas for my Asscher cut natura blue Topaz from Doug, when I can manage to get it set), your ring is going to look amazing when it's finished.
Wow!
I don't think anyone will be able to take their eyes off it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that aqua is just incredible! I love it! Your inspiration ideas are wonderful as well--I can't wait to see progress on the project! :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

The piggy bank has been emptied after my trip to LA, therefore, no more jewellery buying/setting/whatever until it is fattened up again.

I should receive Doug's natural blue Asscher Topaz and the RH Amethyst rings tomorrow, and shall post pics soon afterwards.

PickieBee

Rough_Rock
dk168|1470539233|4063188 said:
I received my EC Aquamarine from Jeff White, and I love it!

Here is the ring designs I have in mind, leaning toward 3-stone with step cut traps in the first ring, and I am likely to ask Jeff to cut me a pair in clear white stones when I have the means to set it.

Forgive me, I can't remember where I saw this setting. But your aquamarine would look so good with bullet side stones!

_38007.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1470611564|4063402 said:
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

The piggy bank has been emptied after my trip to LA, therefore, no more jewellery buying/setting/whatever until it is fattened up again.

I should receive Doug's natural blue Asscher Topaz and the RH Amethyst rings tomorrow, and shall post pics soon afterwards.

Have you received your goodies today dk? :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results