carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1466803906|4047769 said:
Rainwood, Which hotel are you staying at in Oslo?

Thon Hotel Terminus which is the closest to the train station.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, thank you. We’ve been having really pretty sunsets this week. I got another shot tonight. Hey it gets me off the couch and walking down the street. I know you had a great time today seeing the VCA.

Rainwood, I think things will be uncertain for a while over the EU vote. Now they are saying 5 other countries want to leave. I know the stock market took a major hit. Most of our sunsets are orange or pink here and the smoke usually makes them more red. We were the only house on our block and the block across the street for almost 2 years and then the first house that got built was right across the street and blocked my view of the sunset. Go figure, right? Sadly I’ve been running this team long enough I could pigeon hole types of people / employees. Good thing I’m not a quitter anyway. The puppy sounds quite busy, inquisitive and cute. I am sure your friend appreciated you helping out with some pup setting. Yeah for starting yoga again. I am not a frosting person at all so I bet I’d like a donut without glaze. I am sure the employee at KK was shocked when you asked for one without it. I would really like to try a hot donut. Streaks sounds like a great app. Thanks! I know Marty’s Apple watch nags at him if he hasn’t moved in an hour.

Scandinavian, that is funny your DD inquiried why you didn’t wear a helmet if she had to wear one. It’s not worth fighting about but I am seriously thinking of buying him a helmet. I was not convinced my new employee was sick but I’ll believe he is so stressed about hating his job he worked himself in to being sick. All we can do it try to get him to feel more at home. The group is mostly friendly and chatty. I love your “spam” for the day!

Missy, Squirt is a cutie and now I want to drink a Squirt. That was one of my favorites as a kid then I liked it with lime vodka in college. It sounds like Wyoming crews and guard were on the scene helping with the fire today. 80% of the trees burning are dead because of beetle kill so they aren’t fighting the fire up close. They are trying to put it out from the air and setting up a perimeter to push it back. They are also trying to save 40 or so cabins in the area. I have only had a few Krispy Kreme donuts and they are quite tasty. I’d love to try a hot one because I hear they are awesome. The sky is pretty here. It is very blue probably because there is less air at our altitude and the wind blows all of the “crap” off to some other state. We could have a diamond / gemstone cruise and have all the vendors bring their goods for us to see. Oh wait I’d need a lot more money for that. I’d best go back to work on Monday. Darn! Good luck with the family this weekend. It sounds like you’ll be very busy!

Callie, I don’t know if Marty talked to any of his European co-workers today. He former boss is in the UK. I think I’m funny anyway and that’s what matters, huh? Ha Ha. The mistake we make wasn’t horrible but noticeable. I didn’t hear a peep about it today though I sure didn’t go out looking for trouble. Did you get any new landscaping this summer? How are your beautiful roses?

Work was definitely better today. I met Marty for lunch so it was nice to get out for a bit. I had leftovers from my dinner last night and then talked to my sister on the phone for about an hour. She loves to talk on the phone and I feel bad I rarely call her so that is my new goal to call her once a week so maybe she’ll talk less.

Marty has 7:30 tee times this weekend. My cleaning lady is coming at 8 so I will get up at my normal time. Rats.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

_37632.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They just showed this picture on the local news. I submitted it to their weather girl. I'm infamous! Or is that almost famous?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1466827382|4048034 said:
They just showed this picture on the local news. I submitted it to their weather girl. I'm infamous! Or is that almost famous?
You're famous!! Cool video! Thank you for sharing!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Famous
Yes!
What a gorgeous photo,

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's Saturday woohoo!

Ann brought the latest group of ferals in to the vet clinic Thursday afternoon and they were neutered/spayed Friday and guess what? Fresca is a girl! OMG. We have trapped all girls so far so where are these boys who are impregnating them? Or is it immaculate conception? LOL but not funny. And last night Fresca 2 came right up to our backyard glass sliding doors and looked right at Greg and me and was not too scared as she/he stared for a full minute as we approached the glass doors so we were close though inside and fresca 2 was outside. So cute and so much smaller IRL vs security camera pics.

Frustrating day yesterday as I didn't have something I needed here at the beach house that I specifically ordered to have here and then mistakenly took back to Brooklyn last weekend cause my head is not in the right space and I am not thinking clearly at all from not sleeping enough. That's my excuse (reason for being so forgetful is lack of sleep and nothing more serious) and I'm sticking with that. So super frustrating searching in all the drugstores here for something that they just don't carry here. Arghhh. I used to be so organized at least with important things and now I seriously would forget my head if it wasn't attached to my neck. :nono:

LLJsmom, LOVE LOVE LOVE your new VCA purchase. OMG. :love: :love: :love:

Rainwood, haha I never said I don't love some reality tv. I watch almost all the RH shows! Everyone knows that. No I said I don't know these Kardashian girls and I don't find them entertaining which is why I am not familiar with who they are. LOL. Anyway with you girls helping me I know I won't run out of names anytime soon. :lol:

Glad you have a new app that helps you with your fitness and maintaining good habits. I love the name of that app.
Have a fun weekend.

Callie, LOL you know we are RHONY sisters! What I love best about that show is it makes us look so normal next to these women. :lol: So glad your brother is doing well and things are calming down somewhat. It will be a rocky year no doubt as that is par for the course after 2 transplants but hang in there honey. He has come so far in a relatively short amount of time. Awesome that it worked out so well like it did! Wish you girls were here with me this weekend because my family is already driving me bonkers and they are not even here yet. I am not cut out for entertaining and the older I get the less I enjoy it. Too stressful especially with family. Entertaining friends is so much easier and more satisfying. Those darn buttons family just love to press.

Marcy, you are famous and that is a great photo. :love: Lucky Marty enjoying golf this weekend and your house will be very clean after the cleaning person leaves. I am glad Friday at work was better for you and hope things continue to improve. I never heard of the drink Squirt till Greg told me about it when we were naming the ferals. So they still make it? It's some type of citrusy drink right? Yummy a hot krispy kreme donut sounds pretty good on a cold day and a cold donut on a hot day. See how we can make the donuts work all year long no matter the climate? :lol: So relieved the fire is under better control and that they are letting the Wyoming firemen (are there firewomen?) help out. I like the idea of a diamond/gemstone cruise. Count me in. :appl:

Welcome back home (well to your first home) Jimmianne! Your trip was a huge success and yay for your confidence levels re traveling being at an all time high. I hear you re technology issues and OMG another frustrating factor in my life too. At the beach house I often cannot send or receive texts and we cannot fix it and there was so much texting going on last night and I felt like I was traveling through quicksand the way I could send the texts without so much difficulty. I couldn't keep up with my girlfriends and the texting fast and furious last night. Darn beach house texting limitations. 2016 and so much trouble sending and receiving texts. I had to keep going to the kitchen to send them and even then it wasn't working well at all. Frustrating.

Any Pom updates? I bet all your fur baby crew is so thrilled you are home and hope your jet lag quickly evaporates and you are feeling tip top very soon!

Scandi, love all your spam and waiting for today's installment. :wavey:

Hey there Junie, hope you have a nice weekend planned and that your mom and you are sleeping well.

Kristie, I think there is an OEC or 2 in your future... :naughty:

Have a good Saturday girls!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm jumping in here quickly to tell you guys how much I've missed you! (yes it's weird isn't it since I've never met any of you but I really did!).

It's been a whirlwind of several days...

First, had a great time with DH we stayed at a nice local hotel overnight and just enjoyed the pool** and we went out to eat and things like that - felt like a mini vacation.

Then just like that my PC wouldn't boot up a few days ago (I'm on DH's). I got mine working, but...really, time to get a new one. I've had this one for like 8 years. So I've been spending the last few days solely on this whole thing. :/ Today I'm going to look at a few systems and decide. It's a little stressful because this should not be the first priority as far as expenses. One of our cars is on its last legs too.

I hope you guys are all doing great - June I hope things with your mom are going OK; missy I hope Greg is OK as far as the results and that the kitties are doing good; marcy I hope things are good at work and that you're still loving your new band :); scandi I hope you're having some nice beverages overlooking those gorgeous views and that your doggies are good; gypsy, lljsmom, azstonie, jimmyanne, everyone else that I may have missed, hello. Please don't anyone feel they have to respond to update me I know I am probably really behind - I will read up better later and reply better when I get a chance. :wavey: ETA I just did a quick scan up and saw missy's reply and reminded me...how can I miss rainwood and callie! hope you are doing great too.

(**this may not seem like a big deal but it's huge since I haven't gone in any kind of water in years. So it was kind of special to do this with him.)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No computer so just a Hello :wavey: from my phone!

Long walk today, just back at the cabin. The children did great, we have been walking all day :)

Rainwood - you will be just fine walking to the hotell. No worries. Just do not stop to talk to strangers or give anyone any money! Inside the train station is perfectly safe. Just don't go down the streets on the south side of Karl Johan after midnight.. Oslo is much safer than Stockholm. And the rest of Norway should be a walk in the park :)

20160625_145920.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, no unfortunately our home is not as rural as by the lake, though I would have liked it to be :) This lake is about an hour walk through the forest behind our house :) But the summer house is by the sea so that makes up for it a little :) If you feel comfortable telling the whole world, could you give me a brief summary of you? :) :) I'm married with two children, one furbaby. One house about 40 min from town, work in the city centre. Love outdoors and nature, skiing hiking sailing, our cabins and the summerhouse. So always too much to do, lol. And my phone is not set for English so autocorrect is killing me....

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, re relatives and visits: sometimes I just want to be the world's biggest brat on purpose, do you know what I mean? LOL
Just say a lot of strange things and be so above it all. For example : you really have put on a lot of weight/ lost a lot of hair/ gone shorter/ etc haven't you? Might make for a more interesting weekend. Or my favourite (which I have actually tried) not being down to earth enough to understand their ramblings: just say things like that you can see a shooting star and so you don't think that what they are saying can be true!

I'm joking. Maybe. Whatever makes you weekend better ;))

Re your nieses: for the children I know a few diversions might be prudent if they are visiting for a weekend... Fishing? Board games? Collecting shells? Caraoke? A nice movie + candy if all else fails...

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, you take really good pictures! I'm impressed!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, have missed you! So happy that you are home safe! Congratulations ☓ 1000 000 000 000 000 on the new house !!! Would love to hear all about everything when you have the time :)

Kristie, how are you?

June, hope there is some fun stuff happening for you soon also! At least you are with you DH more now :)

LLJsmom, new purchase? Do tell :)

CJ, pool plus eating out *is* a vacation in my book :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, Marty was sound asleep when the news came on last night so I’ll try to get him to bet me I can see my name and picture on TV. Sadly he’s usually can see through me like I’m glass.

Jimmianne, the sunset picture in my post last night with the pink - orange clouds. Are you home and trying to get caught up on your sleep? Did you see JA has 15% off? I am so tempted to buy a platinum ring.

Missy, I hope you family gathering goes well today. I know it’s a lot of work for you and Greg. What is on the menu? I hope the family stays away from pushing those buttons. Families seem to know how to fire us up. Fresca 2 wanted to see who those nice people are who feed them and give them a safe place to hang out. Nice! Squirt had maybe grapefruit juice in it - it wasn’t exactly like 7-Up or Sprite. I liked it. I think they still have it in the section where you get classic soda in bottles like Fanta. I will have to look.

CJ2008, all right for a mini vacation. That sounds awesome. Isn’t that how it goes - multiple things go out at the same time? I am a total Apple / Mac fan. I had a few Mac Airs and now have a Mac Book Pro with retina. Love it!

Scandinavian, beautiful picture. Your cute furbaby saying Momma look at me and beautiful scenery in the background. That’s not hard to enjoy a long walk around there. Gorgeous! Your suggestions for Missy to deal with her relatives made me laugh. Thank you - I love to take pictures.

Rainwood, when Marty was in Guatemala last year he could see his hotel from the restaurant they went to after work and the local guys insisted he still call and take a taxi cab.

Missy’s day of relatives brings up a story for me. We used to go to my nephew’s house for Thanksgiving and Easter. I adore his wife but can’t stand her family. Her dad is a chauvinistic arrogant jerk. Her sisters have no personality and only speak when spoken to and answer in one word sentences. The mom is okay but very quiet. So yes I tend to have a few glasses of wine to get through the day with a smile on my face. One year just my dad and I went and he and I were in their second sitting room watching a satellite pictures online of a comet rounding the Sun. The dad came in and said “you’re not as talkative when Marty isn’t here”. I really wanted to answer “I’m driving so I can’t drink to make you guys more interesting,” but I deflected with saying we are watching the comet. Now that my parents are gone I do everything possible not to go to one of their holidays or parties. I know it makes my sister feel bad but I just hate going.

My cleaning lady came this morning. I ran out and had breakfast, went to Kmart then tried to drop a stone for my sister at a jeweler here in town but he was closed.

When the cleaning lady left I did put a bug in her ear that having her clean on Saturday has really worked out well for me so if we could keep doing that it would be nice. I kind of put it if maybe her sister could clean on Saturday? I really want to keep this lady. Of course they are sisters and the original cleaning lady is Marty’s friend’s DIL. Tough situation. Either way I’ll have a house cleaner but this current lady does more detail work.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday, everyone!

Missy, I hope you're having a good family visit or at least as good as family and the pushing of buttons allow. And I hear you about not having the right stuff at the right house at the right time. I've done that before although the worst is when I leave something over there. Plus the stuff I take over, never take out of the bag, and then bring back when I didn't intend to.

And I knew you were a RH fan and that's what I was referencing, but not very clearly. I used to watch RH, but have deliberately drifted away as it became clearer and clearer the producers just want to show the women fighting with each other all the time, and at some point, I felt like a Roman watching the gladiators fight as entertainment. I stopped with NJ first because I just couldn't stand how they are dealing with Teresa like some tragedy befell her when they're going to jail for fraud! Fraud is no accident! Then ATL, and chose not to start with any of the newer ones. I sat through BH this season but not the reunion and am probably gone for good on that one too. I abandoned my favorite, NY, this season because I just couldn't take it. I've never been a Bethenny fan and I find it very unpleasant to watch her anymore. I've started OC this season mostly because I like Heather, but will drop out of that one too if it gets too bad. Strangely enough, however, I still find Southern Comfort an entertaining mess.

Scandi, love the photos as always. And I promise not to talk to strangers. And it's great your kids are such good hikers. And in such beautiful countryside, who can resist? Plus then you get to spend time with them and your fur baby.

Marci, yes, you are famous!! They know a great photo when they see one. And I'm a total Apple person now too. Made the change from the PC world almost 10 years ago and would never go back. And I understand completely on Guatemala. When we were there, I referred to it as 'teenagers with machine guns' because there were soldiers everywhere with automatic weapons and they all looked about 14. Manned guard towers every quarter mile along the highway. This was shortly after the civil war ended there so it's probably gotten a little better since then, but still a very different feeling there. The fragility of life or something. But such a beautiful place with all these perfectly cone-shaped volcanoes peeking out through the fog as we flew over. And the Mayan ruins at Tikal are something I'll never forget. My first rain forest experience and the scale of the pyramids is unbelievable.

Callie, it is such a fine line between dampening the immune system enough so the transplant won't be rejected and still allowing it to guard against infections. It's such a difficult thing to go through so my congrats to your brother and SIL. That is a hard, hard road and, as you said, there will be setbacks.

Jimmianne, welcome back! Hope you're adjusting to the time change and Pom and everyone is doing okay. Are you going to rent out your house in France as a gite when you aren't using it?

CJ, a local stay at a hotel sounds like the perfect way to get a little relaxation in when you need it. It's being away that makes the difference. It doesn't matter how far!

Kristie, LL (Cool) J, Sharon, and Gypsy, hope you're doing well.

I'm off to the island. Because of certain traffic events (I love that's what they call something that is going to tie traffic in a great big know), I needed either to leave quite early or fairly late. I'm choosing fairly late. I hope everything works over there this time, and I don't have to come back early.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mountains are made of rocks, yes?

20160625_155804.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I wish you lived close to me. We could put your nieces in our paddle boat, put life jackets on them, give them snacks and cold drinks and they would be set for a few hours paddling around. The would also be too tired to fight and argue with each other when they came back to shore. Although I think the lake is probably better suited for this. The water might get too rough where you are. My nieces and nephews used to love to paddle around in the boat.

Marcy, I'm not surprised the local news used your picture. It's such a pretty picture. Is Marty golfing this weekend? What are you making for dinner? I live hearing about your wonderful dinners. My husband has a 6:00 tee off time tomorrow. I actually like it when he golfs early in the morning. He gets home so early that it never interferes with the rest of the day.

Scandi, You are killing me with that diamond! I found this group of girls a few years ago when I quit working. I'm married and don't have children. I very much wanted them but wasn't able to have them. My husband and I got our furbaby when I stopped working 5 years ago. Like you, I am madly in love with my baby. She is such a little joy and I have no idea how I lived without a dog before her. I knew from the first couple of times you posted that you and your family felt the same way about yours. I wasn't posting much when you first began posted because that was around the time my brother got really sick. The beginning of this year was really rough because we really didn't think he would make it. I have no idea what I would have done with out these wonderful girls here. Missy and Kristie held me together more times than I would like to admit. There were far too many times I called them in tears and they would talk me off the ledge and tell me I would get through it all. I don't know what I would have done without them. My nieces friend lost her longtime boyfriend in a car accident at the time my brother was waiting for a liver and kidney transplant. The young man's family requested his liver and kidney go to my brother. My brother would not be here today if not for this family generous gift of life. From what I can tell you and I also share a love clothes and handbags as well as jewelry. (I'm terrible with buying too many dresses). You posted a YSL bag a few months ago that was just beautiful. I have also noticed form your posting the past few months that you are a great mom. As you can tell I did still read to keep up with everyone even though I didn't post much. I love reading your posts and love hearing about your life.

LLJ'smom, Marcy, Junebug, I also want to thank you for all the support you have shown me these past 6 months. I love you girls!

Rainwood. I still watch some the RH shows but the ones I like the most are NY, OC and BH. The rest I have gotten away from. I have no idea what Joe and Teresa were thinking. They certainly deserved jail time. Southern Charm is also a train wreck I can't look away from. I love seeing all the beautiful southern houses. How Thomas ever thought he would have a chance in any election is beyond me. The man can't manage anything in his life. I hope you have a great time on the Island this weekend. I still think you need a dog to take with you!

Junie, I hope things are continuing to go well with your mom. Are you feeling less stressed and feeling like you are getting your mom into a routine? Do you find it easier having her with you or is it harder because you don't have the breaks that you had when she lived at your brothers. Please know you can vent about anything here. I know things aren't easy right now for you and I'm sure there are many times you feel overwehlmed. I wish I lived closer to you so I could watch your mom for a few hours to give you a break.

Gypsy, I Hope you are having a great weekend with that wonderful husband of yours.

LLJsmom, I'm so jealous I'm not going jewelry shopping with you and Missy this week!

Jimmianne, I can't wait to hear all about your trip and your new house!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, I'm so sorry I left you off the above post. I was afraid I would lose the post so just submitted it quickly. I'm glad you and your husband were able to get away even if you didn't go far from home. My husband and I go away for the weekend a few times a year to the city and its just a great change of scenery. It's nice just to go to differnt restaurants and go shopping. It feels like a vacation. It seems like you were also glad just to get away together even if it was only for a weekend.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone, thank you for understanding that I needed my introvert time. And thank you so much for the well wishes I really needed and appreciate the support. Today is 17th anniversary of when John and I met/started dating. So we are having a nice light dinner of cheese and snacks (I may post a picture later) and some wine. We don't do big anniversaries anymore, but it's still nice to mark the occasion. And then tomorrow we are going to re-organize some of house and move some stuff around to make it feel more like home. Duncan is going in for a teeth cleaning. I went to a GREAT farmer's market today and got my favorite tomatoes so we're having a nice Cherokee tomato salad tomorrow. We still haven't watch Finding Dory, so I'm hoping maybe we can go on Monday night.

The highlight of my week was meeting up with a certain someone on Thursday. That was so lovely.

I have slept well the last two nights. So that's been awesome.

I talked to Rimmel the golden labrador's mom about borrow her for walks, and she agreed but we have to wait until the ownership is formally transferred to her. In a funny bit of irony one of the ladies here is missing having a cat as they had to leave the cat they shared with their son with him when they moved our to CA. So they asked me if they could borrow one of the kiddos for a day. So apparently Whitey is going to go visit next Saturday. I am going to take him over and stay with him and see how he takes to it, if he's okay I'll leave him with them for a few hours. If he's not I'll bring him home. So it should be funny. I am hoping that Whitey will talk them into adopting a kiddo of their own.

Lucy got out of the bedroom for today while I was napping. And everything was fine. No one was dead or injured. So I think that may have finally convinced John that we can let her out some and that the other kiddos will just learn to avoid her. Fingers crossed.

Neither of the job interviews went anywhere unfortunately. But I did apply to more. So we'll see.

I did get a nice big amount in my Nook account from the settlement. So that was nice. MORE BOOKS!

Still processing the EU and UK news.

Azstone: Hiya!!! I seriously laughed out loud at the suggestion of the Kardashians as names. SOOOOO FUNNY. I have a couple more book recommendations. Have you read the Kate Daniel's series by Ilona Andrews? First book is not as strong as the rest but it's my favorite series right now. Let me know if you want more recommendations. What are you favorites?

Rainwood, I often think that there are few things as wonderful to be around as kids that are happy and well behaved (still acting like kids, not little adults) and secure. And few things as hard to be around as children in a bad mood, especially ones that clearly need firm boundaries. At least its over!

The pictures of Nina are so precious. She was a beautiful lady. And you can tell she adored her dad and 'helping' him out. I really am so sorry for your losses.

Love the picture of Jumbo. YAY for yoga. And I am sure your friend appreciated the help with the puppy.

Sorry about making your naughty list with the 5 year plan post. I'll take the blame for any purchases. :bigsmile: I often dream of pear 'jackets' off my studs but then go through the same thought process you do. Still, its lovely dream.

Missy, YAYAYAYAY for good news on Greg! Poor Cola. So many kiddos are just bewildered when they are abandoned outside and unprepared for it. Fingers crossed her rehabilitation goes well. I just don't understand abandoning your pets like that. Makes me furious. WOW on the raccoon shots! That is some impressive inter-species cooperation. I think the decision on Sprite is the right one. Pepsi looks like my Frodo, who passed in January. No chance she's domesticated huh?

I hope the weekend is less stressful than anticipated. I love entertaining friends but not so much family.

LLJsmom. LOL at your mom and stacking. One of my aunts used to pick lint off the floors. Would drive everyone nuts. I just thought it was funny cause she'd be walking across the room and she squat, pick something up no one else could see, and then take four steps and do it again. You are such a good mother, it comes through on here and in person too. I'll email you that list of books tonight.

Callie, I'm so happy your brother is doing better. 6 months can make a huge difference. Hopefully he continues to improve and has a strong 6 months. I'm always surprised by the number of prople who react poorly to them. I've actually never met anyone who says, "this work great for me". I'm not a Krispy Creme fan either. Hot they are okay. But the glaze to donut ratio is very off for me. I don't like that much glaze it's cloying.

Junie, how is the adjustment going? It can be very disorienting for people with dementia to change homes. It was for my grandmother, but she did adjusted to it eventually. Like you, we kept as much of her stuff around her and that helped. When she'd have a bad moment I would point to her favorite furnishings and show her that they were there so she was home. I'd say, "See grandma, there's your couches, and your favorite painting... you are home, this is home." It worked with her. I am happy you are more comfortable at home. Hang in there.

I am an okay nature photographer but a truly terrible person and jewelry photographer. I'm not a true crime fan in writing. But historical true crime type shows on TV are interesting. Do you want the Benedict Cumberpatch Sherlock? It is SO SO GOOD.

If you haven't seen it, queue the first one up and get some 'me' time in. I really like the pink ring. A lot.

Jimmiannie, Congratulations on the house! So exciting.

Marcy, OMG about you and poultry! I've never heard of that. Sounds like an allergy. Though I do know one PSers whose kiddos cannot eat beef.

I also LOL'd (in a sympathetic way) at your new employee-- is he very young? I am so sorry your coworkers are the pits. That is so draining. So many special snowflakes in one place. I'm in favor of the Gordon Ramsey approach, for the record. I am happy Friday at work was a good day.

What a lovely sunset picture. I am not surprised they used your photos on the news! They are lovely.

You are always so busy! I am amazed. Hope you and Marty had a great day and wonderful weekend.

Scandi- I adore your pictures of your dog. I am happy your mom is just a huge help instead of someone to be avoided. Love that picture of the trees and the water. So wonderfully peaceful. I ADORE ADORE the last shot of your dog looking out (and the rock!).

Hi Sharon! I am sorry you are going through work difficulties.

Hi CJ!! I am happy you enjoyed the pool! Great news on the mini vacation.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT VACATION. Much love to you all.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone! I'm back and working on the jet lag thing. Which to my happy surprise is very mild this time.
Thank you so much for continuing to send thoughts my way even though I was pretty invisible for the past three weeks, It meant a lot to get well wishes while so far away.
I came home much happier than I left. It was such a healing experience, a true transformation. I had been so stressed here on the farm and getting a new perspective has helped. I am NOT stuck, there ARE possibilities. There are beautiful places to explore and new people to meet, and - oh gosh- just so much potential...outside the comfort zone lol
When I left for the trip I had insomnia, depression, anxiety and a feeling that I was "old and over". After the initial freak-out of being stuck in Paris in a cold shabby apartment with the trains not running things got infinitely better. My b&b hosts in S.France were a chef and massage therapist, and many other guests.The talk was mostly of the referendum and Trump :((

So - good food, body work and a built-in social network. And then there was the walking - 3-6 miles a day. Not like I walk on the farm - a little here and there to add up to 3 miles - but all at once while exploring, walking up & down hills. I slept well every night.
The last week was a bit challenging as I stayed in a place that was strange [although amazing!]. Carved out of cliffs at the top of a steep hill & and with no other occupants so a bit isolated.
img_5505.jpg
view from the apartment
last_import_-_0850.jpg

Finally saw the tower & walked under it to look up.
: )
last_import_-_0040.jpg img_4507.jpg
and saw the flooding.
img_4480.jpg

then the happy ending of my little refuge "Souvenir"
last_import_-_1034.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. Lost a huge post. I didn't have time to save it because I was still writing it OMG. Sorry I don't have time to recreate it. I cannot believe it I was almost done and was about to copy and paste it and BAM just shut down. Stupid computer!

Gypsy, glad you had a lovely visit Thursday and are sleeping well recently!!! So happy about that for you. Sorry you interviews haven't resulted in anything good yet but fingers crossed for your next round. Hang in there because I know you will eventually find a job you enjoy and to that end sending lots of good luck job dust to you! Congrats on 17 years together. Same amount of years for Greg and me. The years are flying by. 17 is a good number. :appl: We also enjoy and prefer one on one celebrations for occasions like anniversaries as they feel more special and personal. I am also an introvert though I have some extrovert tendencies I like time by myself more than I don't and while I enjoy friends (and family occasionally haha) and get energized when we have company I like when they leave and I can recharge. I love your pet sharing program and perhaps this is a good way for others to see if they want to adopt rescue animal. Borrow them and see how it goes. I know it's like the pet foster program that rescue groups have but I like your mini program of borrowing a dog to keep company and enjoy and how generous to lend Whitey to your friend too. I think it is a great program also for people who just cannot adopt animals permanently for whatever reasons as it is a way to allow for the unconditional love they all bring. YAY and I hope it goes well for you and your fur babies.

Rainwood, I hope you are having a great weekend on the island and that all your appointments are being kept in an efficient and timely manner with everything that needs repair getting fixed. I have become less enamored of the RH shows too. Many of the women are so unlikable. I agree Teresa and Joe are criminals and I don't care for them at all. I also loathe Luann as she has shown who she is more and more each year and that person isn't very nice. I love Jules as she seems to be a good egg. Haha I had to ask Greg her name as I forgot and he remembered poor Greg. I have him watch with me though I know he doesn't like the RH shows at all. But he only watches NY with me. Compromise in marriage right? :cheeky: I really enjoy RH of OC and though I still watch RH of BH I don't love the women on it anymore. I like Heather (OC) and Yolanda (BH) the best I think. I used to love the TV show Heather was on in the nineties (I think it was the 90s) That's Life. I think that's the name. I am afraid to google it because I don't want to lose another PS post. Ugh I wrote so much more to you but I cannot remember it now and we are getting ready to go on a bike ride. Darn computers and technology. :knockout:

Never heard of Southern Comfort tv show. Is it something I might like? I usually cannot stand aggravation and angst and "ugly" people (on the inside) for entertainment but since I do enjoy most of the RH shows perhaps I should try watching this one? If you and Callie like it I think I will. So maybe.

Hope you are enjoying your island weekend!!!

Jimmianne, congratulations on such a successful trip and the new found confidence you are enjoying. Love the pics and you are beautiful on the inside and out. All the NIRDIs are no question. Love the view from your new home and love everything about it. I am so happy for you! And I am glad you are not experiencing bad jet lag and I am glad you are home with your beloved fur babies.

Callie, my nieces were angels yesterday. The part of kids I just love. It was a joy being around them. I love your paddle boat idea and we do have 2 tandem kayaks that we have all enjoyed together but yesterday we ran out of time. The bay is rougher than the lake but still fun to kayak and swim etc though it is still a bit cold for us. Another week or so and I know Greg will start going in every day swimming. I need it a little warmer though. Hope you had fun with your niece last night and that your dh enjoyed his day too.

Marcy, thank you (and all the girls) for keeping me company yesterday before my family arrived. And for helping me choose what to wear. First time I ever went with the first thing I tried on haha. You girls are good luck. Comfortable cool and easy. Perfect. Menu which was delicious because Chef Greg is the best. :appl: The food portion started when each couple arrived with martinis in chilled glasses of course and cheese and smoked whitefish hors d'oeuvres. Main courses a few hours later consisted of Pasta salad, Grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, grilled red peppers. Grilled cod. Grilled turkey burgers and turkey hot dogs, grilled sausage, peppers and onions. Fresh salad (only thing I made) and dessert consisted of mango coconut bars (Aunt made) and PB frozen brownies made by my sister. I think I left something out but cannot remember right now. For some reason my fingers were so swollen by the end of the day and I don't know what's going on...like sausages. I never had it this bad before. There was some salt in the cheese in the pasta salad but I don't think that could be it. See what happens when I deviate from my strict eating habits. Well it was worth it. :devil:

Hope you are having a good weekend and that Marty is enjoying golf and you are enjoying your time away from work too. I predict next week will be a good one at work for you!

Scandi, love your ring. And coincidentally I took a pic of my ring at sunset yesterday mainly to show how swollen my fingers got. So swollen and I have no clue as nothing I ate had that much salt in it yesterday but maybe it was the heat? It wasn't that hot but I am sensitive. Anyway it was distressing to see my fat fingers as it was scary but took pics for you girls of course haha. The good the bad and the ugly. Hope you are having a nice time in the country!

Junie, love you girlfriend and sending more hugs and comfort your way. You are doing amazingly well and you are a truly beautiful person. And it's a date. Next birthday I take you out! :appl:

CJ, we missed you too and so glad you stopped by. (((HUGS))). So glad you enjoyed a nice mini vacation with your dh!

OK I am sure I forgot a lot darn computers shutting down for no good reason but did the best I could in the time I had left this morning. If I forgot anyone and anything it is not intentional.

We had a great time yesterday. Perfect weather and perfect behavior from all. Delicious food and good conversation and a nice comfortable breeze clear waters and gorgeous sunset. Couldn't be better. My BIL and nieces even got to go fishing at sunset and caught bluefish but of course threw them back. They don't kill when fishing but don't get me started on fishing then in the first place. I mean that is not fun for the fish but not my business I guess. So I didn't say anything. The girls were a delight yesterday and even my aunt and uncle were fairly well behaved. Greg made a fire at sunset and we enjoyed that too as well as walking on the beach, playing with dogs that came by and finding sea glass and sea shells. It was a lovely day and evening and when everyone left we relaxed with some more music before going to bed. I have photos to share but will share them later if I can. I will share a few right now but then I have to go.

Have a good Sunday girls!!!

girlsjune_2016beachhouse.jpg

beachdog.jpg

markandbethanyfishingonbeachjune2016.jpg

myplateandprettycolorsinring.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK Greg's getting the bike ready. A few more pics.

_37640.jpg

_37641.jpg

swollenfingers.jpg

unclescoolwatch.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more...

chillingmartiniglasses.jpg

pastasalad.jpg

june2016beforethefamilyarrives.jpg

june2016beforeafmily.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK now we are off cycling. Enjoy the day!!! :wavey:

mycontribution.jpg

coconutmangosquares.jpg

beachatsunsetjune2016.jpg

puppyfun.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I must set the record straight - that "view" photo is from the apartment I stayed in at the top of the cliffs I do have a nice view
down in the village,
img_4761.jpg
but not all-encompassing like that panorama. When we have the NIRDI GTG we can climb to the top of the cliffs like little mountain goats : )
Meanwhile, all of your photos are wonderful. The colors and the subjects. Love seeing the girls at the beach with the pup - and the food...you WERE trying to make us all hungry, weren't you?

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello, everyone, and happy Sunday! I'm going to take a chance and just do my draft on PS and see if it works. Howeeeeii, look at me living dangerously.

Missy, I'm so glad that the day with your family went well. Yay, and the food looks scrumptious. And although I know those are fat fingers for you, you are not even a temporary member of the fat finger club! Your fingers still look gorgeous. Maybe tomorrow I will send you a post on my last food sensitivity thing. I enjoyed the photos so much, your nieces are adorable, but I was scanning the food photos for possible culprits.

And part of my problem with RH shows is the producers obviously decide the plot lines for each season and who is going to be the woman to hate. After a few seasons of that though, there is no one left to like because everyone seems so dislikable. I can't invest in a show where there isn't anyone to like. Southern Charm (Callie had it right but I must have thought of Southern Comfort because the people on that show like to drink!) is only it's second or third season so I don't hate everybody yet, but it's both men and women and the people seem to be more authentically messed up. Thomas and Catherine are truly one of the oddest, most dysfunctional couples on the planet, but in ways that aren't just contrived for TV. They are narcissistic, clueless, and unable to learn from their mistakes. I know it gets played up for the cameras, but there's more reality to their dysfunction. And I have one person to root for (Cameran) and one (Shep) who at least is well-spoken and honest about his fear of commitment and desire to sleep with every good-looking woman in Charleston. Not sure I'd want to be friends with them, but they kind of balance out the rest. And I have an inexplicable soft spot for Patricia who is a caftan-wearing, Southern belle who married into money multiple times, has a butler and a fondness for martinis, and gives out relationship advice that is straight out of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes but who has a certain amount of self-awareness and humor that makes her bizarrely charming.

Jimmianne, OMG!! The only problem with owning that house in France will be tearing yourself away! And a view of the river? Your second problem will be trying to keep me away because I have fallen in love with that place. I'm so glad the trip was both healing and boundary expanding. You can't ask for more. And you were there for the good, but also the bad like the flooding, and you flourished! The cave place sounds interesting and a chance for self-reflection. A good combo of having lots of company and exercise at the first place and a chance to think about life's big questions after that. And I hear you on feeling 'old and over.' It's hard not to feel that way sometimes. I certainly have my share of that, and it's up to us to turn it around.

I'm leaving for a garden tour shortly so can't get to everyone until later, but wanted to say hi. I'll be heading back to the city because still no A/C and will be hot this afternoon. It gets so discouraging sometimes, but that's part of the joys of home ownership. I had a little 'woe is me' time last night, and then decided to get over it and talk to them tomorrow. I do have lovely hot water though so at least its livable. . Also saw Jumbo again this morning.

And I have one funny story. My neighbor's gardener left a pair of loppers on my part of the parking strip on Thursday and I noticed because I was having someone out to do some desperately needed tree trimming. So I took the loppers over to my neighbor's so they wouldn't get stolen, and sent him a quick e-mail before getting back to my guys. Turns out I spelled loppers wrong and auto correct took over. I didn't see until he replied that my e-mail was entitled "Losers" and the first sentence read "Your gardener left a pair of losers on my lawn yesterday and I put them on your stone wall." He must have thought I was crazy until he figured it out!

I'll write more after I'm back in town.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Rainwood, I got my first Mac about 10 years ago too. The first day or two I would gladly have returned it but now like you I wouldn’t go back to a windows machine. I don’t think Marty saw armed guards everywhere in Guatemala but he sure did in Uganda. Like you saw most of them were kids. I remember Marty saying he could see steam rising out of the volcanoes in Guatemala. My BIL would love to go see the Mayan’s ruins. I hope you make it to the island without a lot of traffic and everything is working fine once you get there. Rats I see you are leaving because there still isn’t any AC. LOL to telling your neighbor he left losers on your lawn.

Scandinavian, great “geology” picture and lesson. Ooh pretty diamond.

Calliecake, definitely a good idea to wear the kids out so they calm down. Jeff gets out on the golf course earlier than Marty. His tee times this weekend were 7:30. They like to play as early as possible so they don’t have to wait on people playing in front of them. Our city course doesn’t have marshals that get after people to let someone play through. We haven’t cooked much this weekend. We ate lunch at the golf course yesterday and had some popcorn for supper while watching movies. Today we are meeting my sister, BIL, nephew and his wife for supper. Tomorrow though we are having burgers on the grill and corn on the cob. I have absolutely nothing for lunch this week though. I am so glad your furbaby brings so much joy to your life. That is awesome. You are welcome, I am always hear to listen and help in any way I can.

Gypsy, Happy Anniversary to you and John to celebrate when you met. Very cool. It sounds like you had a nice time. Yum to going to a great farmer’s market. That’s great you got some sleep this week. Good luck on your job search, I know it is frustrating and takes time but that right job is out there for you when you find it. That’s awesome you got some credit on your Nook. Yes I do have a ton of food allergies. It’s a pain. My new employee is pretty young. I’ve been through a lawsuit and EEO complaint so it made me rather timid who employees. Maybe it’s time I got over that.

Jimmianne, welcome home! Love your pictures. You are looking gorgeous in front of the Eiffel tower, the flooding looks bad and your new house is perfect. What a wonderful trip you had!

Missy, rats to losing your long post. I am glad to hear your nieces were little angles yesterday. Your menu sounds great but most of it I couldn’t eat. LOL. How awful your fingers are swollen. I hope the swelling goes down today. It sounds like a lovely day for all yesterday and I am happy it turned out so well. Love your pictures. Have a fabulous day on your bike.

I slept in until 9 - it was awesome. Marty is playing golf. I got a junior Arby’s and small curly fries for lunch.

We are meeting my sister, BIL and a nephew and his wife at our favorite steak house for supper. She is anxious to see her sapphire rings. I put them in the trunk already so I don’t go off and forget them. She’d kill me dead.

I should be working on the lines for our front guest room but I don’t “see” me being that motivated today. So if one of your NIRDI’s shows up you get the smaller guest room or have to wait until I get the bed made and blankets washed.

Have a fabulous Sunday.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! Ok, I am obviously hopelessly behind and can't possibly catch up completely so I'm just going to jump back in and do my best - My apologies for not checking in sooner, things are cray-cray lol - I've been reading along and thinking of all of you.

Missy, I cried when I read your poem…thank you so much for all the lovely things you said, they are the nicest things anyone has ever said to me and I get strength and comfort from the poem every time I read it; I am overwhelmed by your kindness, caring, and support, you will never, ever know how much it means to me. Please do not feel badly about my birthday! I downplayed the day and told everyone not to make a big deal of it, just too much going on right now. I feel terrible about not acknowledging your wonderful poem sooner and I keep starting a post and just haven't been able to finish it- how about this, I'll agree not to feel awful about being slow to respond if you agree to not feel bad about my bday!!!! Thank you for the pics of the yummy cakes too! Big hugs to you my friend, and thank you for everything.

Thanks so much for thinking of me and inviting me to join you and LLJsmom, but I think it's just better if I stay a little closer to home right now. I'm still adjusting and sometimes I just don't feel that well rested so a trip into the city might just be too much right now. I hope you understand, I would love to meet up with you but it just doesn't feel like the right time.

Love the pics! I really enjoyed them. What a beautiful view of the water, so relaxing. Your salad looks SO good. Your nieces are adorable. Glad to hear the visit went really well and everyone had a great time. I know entertaining is exhausting though, hope you are just relaxing today and recovering.

Very happy that the situation in work has been straightened out! I hear you though - not sure what's down the road so better to just take it one day at a time.

I didn't buy that pretty ring, just daydreaming about it lol - I dunno, maybe if it's still available at Christmas I'll treat myself.

Very happy to hear Greg is doing well! Whew!

Gypsy, I'm so sorry you had a rough couple of days, I feel badly I didn't comment sooner and I'm really happy to read you're doing better - life really does seem to consist of ups and downs, doesn't it? So glad you slept well for a few nights, it does make such a difference. Sorry about the interviews but sending lots of job dust that something comes up soon. Hang in there. Congrats on the nook credit! Your plans for your 17th dating anniversary sound perfect to me, I love light dinners and it sounds very relaxing and easy (my two favorite things lol). It's great Lucy handled being out of the bedroom and there were no problems - that sounds very encouraging to me and hopefully it can start happening more often.

Thanks for asking about my mother - she actually seems to be adjusting pretty well to her new surroundings - the first few days she wasconfused at times, not sure where she was, how she got there, etc. but she seems to be getting more oriented now. I tried really hard to set things up in a similar way to what she had at home. In fact, my daughter was here the other day and she said "this is eerily similar to grandma's house". :cheeky:

Jimmianne, welcome home!!! I missed you! I am SO happy your trip was rejuvenating, healing, and fun! And to think you had doubts about going too. Sounds like you had some wonderful adventures, including purchasing a home. :cheeky: I love your pics, especially the one of you in front of the Eiffel Tower. You look great…and happy! Your new home is SO quaint and pretty, I'm very excited for you. I'm also glad to hear the jet lag isn't as bad this time around. :dance: Thinking of you as you adjust to being home.

Kristie, wow, nice credit! Mine was only 40 bucks lol, better than nothing I guess. I didn't buy the ring, just thinking about it and that pic is from the website. I'm not going to get it right now, doesn't seem like the right time for bling buying but it's fun to look. Hope your summer is going well so far.

Marcy, your sil's rings look really pretty! You sound like you have the same sense of humor as my husband lol. (What rings? teehee). Congrats on the credit! Sorry your new guy seems to be struggling, I'm hoping he can eventually adapt to being part of a team. Ugh, too bad about the mistake, too. You definitely don't need that. Love your sunset pictures! Very sorry to hear about the fires.

Scandi, thanks for the suggestion of keeping my mother awake during the day - it's a good one and I'm trying but easier said than done lol. That involves constantly talking to her and I'm not sure that's feasible. If I leave her alone for a bit she'll just drop off. But I've been trying to shorten the naps, because I do think that will help her be more tired at night. Love the bling pic! :love: Your ring is SO gorgeous!

Love the pic of your furbaby too, so pretty. Hope you have a relaxing and fun time at the cabin.

And yes, once things get settled here a little more I'm going to make sure I don't lose my life completely and do some little things just for me. I might sign up for an exercise class and I'd like to start painting again. My husband and I went to his friend's daughter's graduation party yesterday and it was nice to get out. Caregiving is weird though - I felt like I was entering another world for a while, and then had to return to my own little world here.

LLJsmom, thanks for checking in with me! Aren't colored stones delicious, especially the pink and red ones? They make my mouth water haha! thanks for the birthday wishes too. I LOVE your new VCA bracelet, you made an excellent choice and it looks SO at home on your wrist. Love your gorgeous OEC too :love:

Sharon, thank you for the support and encouragement, you just don't know how much it means, and helps me (((hugs)))…and if I ever end up buying that ring you can definitely borrow it lol! Sorry to hear work is challenging, sounds like several of our nirdis are having issues in that department and I hope things improve for all.

Rainwood, thanks for the good wishes. Omigosh I LOVE golden retriever puppies, they are sooo adorable! I enjoyed your description of the walk lol, it's amazing how distracted they are by the smallest things. Thanks for the info on the app Streaks, sounds interesting and helpful! Ugh, so sorry about the continuing AC issues at your island house.

Calliecake, thanks for asking about me! I'm doing ok and starting to get into a routine but still stressed about how I'm going to handle nights with my mother - she's sleeping a little better but still getting up several times during the night and still seems to have her days and nights mixed up. We haven't really been able to change her schedule that much. My husband will be traveling next week but my sister will still be here. It's a trade-off; it's nice to not have to deal with the stress of traveling to my mother's and handling the issues there, but having complete responsibility 24/7 is daunting. Getting a little nervous about being on my own once my sister leaves, she's been such a big help. We're going to arrange home health care this week.

I'm keeping your brother in my thoughts and hoping he continues doing well, I know these health issues are very stressful. (((hugs)))

CJ, how fun that you and dh stayed in a hotel overnight! I have tried so hard to get my husband to do that but he travels so much he's really tired of hotels.

Ok, better wrap this up and get some rest, I'm sorry I missed some things and I'll check in soon!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the well wishes. Just popped in to say goodnight.

Didn't get anything I wanted to get done today. :twirl: But still had a lovely day. =)

Here's the lightly dressed tomato salad we had for dinner, with a nice crusty bread.

Highly recommend Cherokee tomatoes if you can get them near you (un-refrigerated, you want fresh from farm) John likes onion and I had a fresh red onion I got at the farmers market too.

img_20160626_221209628.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, Happy Anniversary! 17 years is impressive. You and I are both tomato lovers- your salad sounds [and looks] like a perfect dinner.
I do belive we are switching channels this week from As The NIRDIS Turn to "The Food Channel" lol
here's my contribution...a first for me as I had never seen a canned olive dispenser in a cafe before. It's a bit mysterious. or something.
img_5423.jpg

Marcy? now...Where is that glam photo of the Arby Junior and curly fries?!?! Thanks for the welcome home. How did your sister like her rings?
or did you decide to keep them :naughty:

Missy, it's always frustrating to lose a post, but it your case it's a catastrophe since you always put so much thought into your words and make sure everyone here gets some sunshine. How weird that you had swollen fingers. Hope the sweeling has gone down now, but truthfully I did not notice since I was too busy communing with Bea. How was your bike ride yesterday? I think a paddle boat would be very cool.

June, thank you for the warm welcome back. Getting your Mom to sleep well at night is a challenge. I tried looking up ideas on google and discovered that is a common issue, which of course you already know. You may have to resort to medication, but is there any evidence that keeping her up for a few days in a row might change her circadian rhythm? Does she fall asleep in her chair or does she try to go back to bed?

Rainwood - LOL your story about the "losers". Thanks for the chuckle. How was the garden tour - did you get some inspiration for home gardening or just enjoy someone else's efforts? [that's what I think...well, they already did this so I don't have too :lol:] Are you a big gardener?

Callie :wavey: I need to catch up on your brother. I hope he is doing well.

CJ2 - hi!

LLJsmom, you and Missy are going shopping?! How did I miss THAT? When is it happening?

Hi Sharon :sun:

Nothing much here. Eating sleeping reading MOWING. A writer friend recommended books by Ellen Gilchrist and I just finished Net of Jewels. Good read good writing & thought provoking. I'll go back and get more this week from the library.

Happy Monday, everyone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon girls! I hope everyone's Monday is going well. Sorry I didn't post this morning but I wasn't in the best frame of mind. Thanks to my aunt who can be sort of not nice sometimes while pretending to be nice. Anyway moving on.

Rainwood, I am sorry the A/C isn't fixed yet at your beach house and you have the best attitude. I want to be you when I grow up and I said it before but it is worth repeating. You are my role model. I admire and respect you and like you so very much. Hope you don't feel too much pressure lol. Just saying what I think.

Southern Charm, OK got it. Will check it out. And wow I am so naive. I never realized the producers of those reality shows direct the plot lines so much. I should have realized it. And yes familiarity breeds contempt with these housewives. That is for sure.

Whenever you get a chance I am interested in your thoughts re food sensitivities. My fingers are still swollen and today I only wore my OEC on my left hand and one band on my right vs wearing them together. I think its the heat but they never reacted this badly before.
How is your new eating plan going? Do you see results and have you figured out any new food culprits? There is so much in life where we just have to be our own detective and nowhere is truer than the medical field IMO. I have so many medical mysteries going on and I know I can only rely on myself to figure it out as best I can. I think maintaining a positive and upbeat attitude about things we have no control over is key to dealing with it as best we can.

How was your garden tour yesterday? Did you get to speak with the HVAC guys today? I hope they are able to figure it out and do it soon. I am sorry your weekend there was cut short.

LOL on the Looper story. Haha how many times do I hit send without proof reading and then regret it. I call them auto mistakes because autocorrect is too generous!

Jimmianne, thanks for clearing that up and I think I realized that but just wrote it wrong. I love your new French house and cannot wait to see you living there (part time) enjoying France from your new "old" home. LLJsmom is visiting NYC for a few days and I am seeing her tomorrow and Adam is graciously meeting with us to let us play with OECs. Isn't he the best? LOL that's a lot of mowing and I am glad you are catching up on all your chores and enjoying them too. And glad you are enjoying reading a few good books as well. Sounds like the perfect homecoming.

LLJsmom, you are in the air right now and I am sending you bucket loads of good luck dust for a safe and enjoyable flight. 4 more hours.

Marcy, I hope you and Marty and your BIL and his wife and your nephew had a lovely dinner last night. It is so nice you meet each other so often. Don't worry by the way. Your smaller guest room is perfect for me. ;-) Yay for sleeping till 9AM on Sunday. That is awesome. :appl:

Junie, it's a deal. LOL it could have been a vicious cycle of us going back and forth being sorry. So gladly accept the feeling badly truce as there is no reason to feel badly about caring! Hope your mom's getting into a better sleeping schedule and hope each day is getting a bit more manageable. Love that you set things up so your mom has a second home away from her home that is comfortable and familiar. Very thoughtful. More hugs to you.

Gypsy, that dish looks delicious! Hope you had a good weekend and happy anniversary again.

Callie and Kristie looking forward to chatting later.

Scandi, thank you for your lovely email today and big hugs to you. I hope your Monday is going well and look forward to hearing about the rest of your weekend and what is on your agenda for this week.

We had a very good Sunday. Bicycled 65 miles and had some yummy Day's ice cream and just an overall good day. Why do the weekends go so fast? Hope everyone is having a good Monday! Adding a photo of Fresca 2 from yesterday. She/he is so little.

fresca2june262016.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results