shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this diamond

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you take a few photos of the loose stone on top of your hand resting in-between two of your fingers, under different lighting in your house (near a window, in the bathroom, under incandescent / fluourescent / LED lights, etc.)

Try to keep the stone in the same place on your hand and just move from room to room (lighting condition to lighting condition).

And, if you've been handling the stone a lot, take a moment to clean it with the cloth that should have come with your stone, before taking more photos.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea. I would love to see better photos and videos.
So far, I have a mixed feeling on this one.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will try to post a link to a vimeo video. The password is Octo
This is just normal indoor overhead lighting, LED bulbs
https://vimeo.com/172235754

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marymm|1466867056|4048189 said:
Can you take a few photos of the loose stone on top of your hand resting in-between two of your fingers, under different lighting in your house (near a window, in the bathroom, under incandescent / fluourescent / LED lights, etc.)

Try to keep the stone in the same place on your hand and just move from room to room (lighting condition to lighting condition).

And, if you've been handling the stone a lot, take a moment to clean it with the cloth that should have come with your stone, before taking more photos.

Thanks for the help Marymm. I have taken a few more shots on my hand as you suggested. I am having trouble uploading, I think I need to resize the image files, but I am working on it. I have posted a few videos in different lighting if that helps

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no expert in cushion cut diamonds. It is just an opinion as a diamond lover.

I like those broad, chunky, and pastel reflections running vertically and horizontally. :love:
However, these reflections are not as chunky and broad as in AVC, leaving alot of green zones in ASET. (I am aware you don't like AVC's chunky reflections)
Facets in these green zones (1:30/4:30/7:30/10:30 areas) appear rather undefined, glassy and produce tiny pin fires only, to my untrained eyes. I am not too sure if such thing is desirable, or if my observation is correct.
I just hope these green zones don't appear dead when you view it in person. I could be wrong..

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
flyingpig|1466891628|4048339 said:
I am no expert in cushion cut diamonds. It is just an opinion as a diamond lover.

I like those broad, chunky, and pastel reflections running vertically and horizontally. :love:
However, these reflections are not as chunky and broad as in AVC, leaving alot of green zones in ASET. (I am aware you don't like AVC's chunky reflections)
Facets in these green zones (1:30/4:30/7:30/10:30 areas) appear rather undefined, glassy and produce tiny pin fires only, to my untrained eyes. I am not too sure if such thing is desirable, or if my observation is correct.
I just hope these green zones don't appear dead when you view it in person. I could be wrong..

Thank you flyingpig.

In person, it is very pretty. My terrible camera skills do not do it justice. It is a hybrid facet structure with 2 chunky, 2 moderate and 4 smaller (very unusual from what I have seen online). Charmypoo mentioned this facet pattern in Cushion 101 post which is referred to as half modern-half antique [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-101-my-experience-in-making-a-harry-winston-halo.183473/....']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-101-my-experience-in-making-a-harry-winston-halo.183473/......[/URL]. Maybe Charmypoo will weigh in on how this stone compares to the one mentioned in the thread. The facet diagram is an exact match to this stone. :pray:

Zoomed in, I can see what you mean about the pin fires, but at normal viewing length/without the zoom, it throws off a nice array of sparkle. Besides, it will be set in a ring on my hand, which has a much great range of motion than I am able to video. Meaning in normal viewing, the stone will be moving all over the place, not just tilting like in the video. In normal motion, I kind of like that it had the mix Curious to see what the experts think.

The videos and photos are also making it look blurry to me in many of the shots -this is not how it looks IRL when looking with my eyes and even the loop. I think it is just that the camera, is not sure where to focus.

IRL, it is a beautiful stone in many different lighting environments.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I was just really curious of how this unorthdox elogated vintage style with slightly smaller chunky reflections performs in real life.

I am glad to hear it is pretty. I too like the overall facet design and appearance.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Flyingpig

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
*Bump*

Thank you for all of your help and feedback. I love the stone, but am feeling very overwhelmed as to whether it is the right decision. I know that it is a personal choice, but I don't want to feel as though I made a bad choice six months from now.

I am going to have an appraisal done soon, any concerns that I should ask about?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results