shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

kama and april, super excited for both of you.

April20

Ideal_Rock

That's a great number! Your lines look so good, I'm going to bet your Wednesday number heads in the right direction!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Bella_mezzo|1466438818|4045934 said:

Thanks! Now to see if it sticks.... Please stick. I don't want another rhogam shot until 28 weeks. Those sting!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

April20|1466445581|4045971 said:

Thanks! Now to see if it sticks.... Please stick. I don't want another rhogam shot until 28 weeks. Those sting!

Congrats, your line looks great!

BTW, when I had two MCs in a row, I only had to have the rhogam shot with the first one...apparently it lasts for a while. I've had it 6 times now, and it's my least favorite shot. It hurts so freaking much! Really hoping this baby is Rh- so I don't have to get another one ever again...

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks so much, Bella.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20|1466445519|4045970 said:
That's a great number! Your lines look so good, I'm going to bet your Wednesday number heads in the right direction!

I hope so. I woke up this morning with NO symptoms, no nausea, no constipation, no heartburn, quite a bit of energy. And that terrifies me. The past week I have been so fatigued, but this morning I did some super cleaning and organizing. I hope my body is just giving me a break and it's not anything worse.

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

Kama, I hope your body is just giving you a break, too! It is a good thing you took advantage of feeling well and stayed busy, though!

I'm getting really anxious about myself and not sure what to do, especially because my husband is the only one knowing we are preparing to TTC soon.

I'm on CD 22 and haven't O'd. My CM isn't very fertile (it usually isn't), but one good sign is my cervix is high and soft now.

The last time I O'd was at the end of March! (After that cycle, I had a 55 day anovulatory cycle)

I ordered some Vitex online, and I'm hoping it will start working by August.

Should I see my doctor? I think if I would just O in the next few days I would feel reassured.

April20

Ideal_Rock

So I'm an idiot. I went to Target last night and in the process of grabbing what I thought was an FRER, ended up with the First Response, Rapid Results, which says it detects "the day of your missed period". So I'm going to hold off using it. I don't want a crappy line. Ha ha. I did do another Wondfo this morning and the line is darker, so there's that. I also have a CBE Weeks Estimator, but I'm going to wait on that too. I want to see 3+

Oh, and I don't know how I'm going to tell DH. I mentioned when I rejoined the thread that he said we could talk about it in a few months, but then proceeded to never ask me if we were "safe". I didn't care, so I didn't say anything. Well, dude asks me LAST SATURDAY MORNING what my temp was saying and where I was in the cycle. I said I should be starting in the next few days (hadn't got a BFP yet and really wasn't sure our timing was decent). He says "so I'm free?'. Dude. You've been seeing/hearing my temp FOR A MONTH and you're JUST NOW ASKING? Yeah, this is as much on you. But I haven't decided how to break it to him that when you play fast and loose, you sometimes end up with two lines. I'm happy. He'll eventually be happy, but I think he's been a bit oblivious.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
April- the rapid results FRERs are pretty sensitive. Here are my tests from I believe 11dpo. Top left is a crappy new FRER, top right is the RR one.

image-3832743482.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock

Here's the FRRR pic. Line popped up immediately so I'd agree it's "rapid" [emoji6]
54ab38eb6819e663a590bc66ded14ac9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April20

Ideal_Rock

Oh. And this is 12DPO.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

That's a great line!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a great line, April!! Congrats!

I had my betas done again today. They went from 206 on 15DPO to 563 on 17DPO. Progesterone was at 16. Nothing for he next three weeks until I have my first ultrasound. Times moves oh so very slowly...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

April I am really happy for you! Hoping that I can follow in your footsteps soon but we are moving tomorrow so I may miss the window this month. Hope that your DH is also excited.

kama, that's great! good luck:)

April20

Ideal_Rock

Kama, that is a great beta! Congrats!

Thanks for all the reassurance on my line, everyone. :)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How are you feeling, April?

April20

Ideal_Rock

kama_s|1466981967|4048630 said:

Kinda crappy to be honest. And last time all day queasiness hit me at six weeks, so I know things are going to get worse before they get better. I'm also freaking out a bit about managing my mommy-centric DD along with a new one. I also still haven't broken the news to DH. Gotta do that soon..... I was waiting until I could confirm it wouldn't go the way of a chemical. I know the lines are too good for that so I need to break the news. I'll probably head over to the JBP thread after my first appt and I confirm a HB.

How are you feeling?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20|1466982777|4048633 said:
kama_s|1466981967|4048630 said:

Kinda crappy to be honest. And last time all day queasiness hit me at six weeks, so I know things are going to get worse before they get better. I'm also freaking out a bit about managing my mommy-centric DD along with a new one. I also still haven't broken the news to DH. Gotta do that soon..... I was waiting until I could confirm it wouldn't go the way of a chemical. I know the lines are too good for that so I need to break the news. I'll probably head over to the JBP thread after my first appt and I confirm a HB.

How are you feeling?

Aw man, sorry to hear that. I haven't had many symptoms yet and that is freaking me out a bit. I had more symptoms last week than I have had in the past 3 days. The fatigue is mostly gone, barely any nausea, not much heartburn and breast tenderness has reduced as well. So feeling crappy about not feeling crappy. I've read that decreasing symptoms can point towards an early miscarriage.

I can't believe you have been able to keep it a secret from hubby! You have some crazy willpower! I've tried to keep this on the DL, but I have now had three people flat out ask me if I'm pregnant. One is a close girlfriend, second is my SIL who I adore and third was my SA at VCA. I couldn't lie to the first two! How could I have lied with a straight face to two people I am very close with? I don't know what others do? Also, I am a huge wine connoisseur and a go-to resource for many friends. How am I going to explain the lack of drinking? I thought perhaps I would ask hubby to drink from his glass and mine? But it would be obvious to close friends...

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

Kama and April, I'm excited that you are both progressing in your pregnancies so far! And I hope you feel better!

I finally O'd a few days ago, which made it an almost three month gap since my last one. I was so concerned about it, but the Vitex I ordered is coming soon, so I will have two months to be taking it before we start trying and hopefully it will prepare my body.

I also ordered preseed and Wondfo OPKs and HPTs. Next cycle I will do the OPKs just to try getting the hang of it. So at this point my plan is charting bbt/CM/cp, opk, Vitex, and preseed. And maybe Robitussen if my CM doesn't appear more fertile after taking Vitex.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

daintyG|1467076506|4049026 said:
Kama and April, I'm excited that you are both progressing in your pregnancies so far! And I hope you feel better!

I finally O'd a few days ago, which made it an almost three month gap since my last one. I was so concerned about it, but the Vitex I ordered is coming soon, so I will have two months to be taking it before we start trying and hopefully it will prepare my body.

I also ordered preseed and Wondfo OPKs and HPTs. Next cycle I will do the OPKs just to try getting the hang of it. So at this point my plan is charting bbt/CM/cp, opk, Vitex, and preseed. And maybe Robitussen if my CM doesn't appear more fertile after taking Vitex.

That sounds like a solid plan! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions along the way. Good luck!

April20

Ideal_Rock

So I was FREAKING out yesterday. I did a CBE weeks estimator and it came back 1-2 and was so slow to show results. Then I found the directions and realized I didn't dip it long enough. So I ran to the store and got another one. Dipped it 20 seconds. Same result. Went and got yet another one (because somehow the box of two tests I bought was one CBEWE and one +/-!). I decided I needed to wait for FMU. When I did the test I only had a 1.5 hr hold and I'd had three bottles of water on my walk. Long story short it says 2-3 this morning.

I have to tell DH today. If it said 1-2 I was going to lean towards it being not viable and would tell him differently. But my gut says this one is sticking. We went to his parents yesterday to hang out at their pool and my FIL brought me a jack and diet. Which I love. I had to pour most of it into the shrubs while no one was looking......

Oh. And Kama, if you want an excuse for no wine, use mine. I had a few glasses at the end of April with too little food and all that acid in my stomach made me sick. I threw up wine so hard it came out my nose and I was blowing red wine out of my nose for two hours. It burns. A lot. I haven't been able to touch the stuff since. No one is suspicious when you tell this kind of story. [emoji14]

Dainty- I'm so glad you O'd. I know how frustrating waiting to O can be. When I went off BC in fall 2008, I had a 151 day anovulatory cycle. I know I could have gotten prevara to force AF but we were TTA and I decided to just let my system adjust. It took a year before things were really "normal" again. I'm so curious to see if Vitex helps you. My information is purely anecdotal but I really do think it helped stabilize my pre-O temps. I have no idea if it helped me O earlier but it might have by a couple days.

28668bb2e288b1be23705abcac6cbc62.jpg

April20

Ideal_Rock

Kama, one more thing.

I had almost no symptoms when I was pregnant with Eliza until six weeks. That's when the nausea and ridiculous fatigue started. I feel kinda crappy right now because I've had some other weird intestinal thing going on even before my BFP. I wouldn't stress too much over a lack of symptoms, though I know that is easier said than done!

April20

Ideal_Rock

I told DH last night. He said he didn't think i could get pregnant so soon after a m/c. Men. Then he said we shouldn't be shocked because with genes as dominant as his..... Lord. He then showed me a text he got from an old friend last week touching base and mentioning they hadn't seen pics of DD lately. And then begged us not to make her an only child (she was an only child and wishes she wasn't). It made me laugh. I'm going to call for an appt in the next week or so. Hoping to get one the week of July 18.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April, you told hubby! Yay! Hilarious response from him!

Still trying to evade the alcohol question, ugh. i think the easiest for the time being is to avoid seeing friends...

So beginning Saturday, I had really awful right sided pain in my groin. It was bad enough that I went to the ER on Sunday. But their U/S dept was closed due to it being Canada Day weekend.

Yesterday I went to my fertility clinic for an emergency U/S to rule out potential ectopic pregnancy. And we saw a heartbeat...in my uterus measuring perfectly at 6+1!!!!! So happy it isn't tubal, but still don't know the cause for my pain. Even the trans-vag probe hurt when on my right side, but they did a complete abdominal/pelvic U/S and found nothing to cause the pain.

Im going to switch over to the barely pregnant, hope to see you all there soon!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

Is anyone else TTC now? I know several of us have graduated to the JBP thread recently--yay!!! Is there anyone new to TTC? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Hi Dainty, I am definitely not new, but am TTC:) I got pneumonia this month so we didn't really try anything, but we are planning to try very deliberately this coming cycle:)

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

Bella_mezzo|1470706710|4063707 said:
Hi Dainty, I am definitely not new, but am TTC:) I got pneumonia this month so we didn't really try anything, but we are planning to try very deliberately this coming cycle:)
Pneumonia?! Oh dear. I haven't had it and hope I never do. Are you feeling better? Good luck this time around! What CD are you currently on?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

It was miserable. I have a 2 year old and a 7 year old and we are living in our house while renovating it and my husband just started med school, so TTC this month was out of the question. I think I O'd late due to the pneumonia so am not totally sure what CD I am on. Theoretically AF should come Friday, we'll see...

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

I hope AF comes soon for us both! I didn't O this month. I guess it's because of starting Vitex. Oh well. As long as I can O next cycle, that will be good!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Guys, I'm back. I had a D & C yesterday for a missed miscarriage. It was discovered at 11+5, baby measured 9+1. I need to wait one cycle to try again but as far as I'm concerned after that it's game on. I'm hoping DH will be on board. I'm 39. We don't have time to wait around. So here's to hoping my first AF shows up sooner rather than later. The OB that did my procedure said to expect it in 4-6 weeks. Please be 4 weeks; please be 4 weeks.......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results