shape
carat
color
clarity

Sound bars - I could really use some recommendations please

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all.

My mom recently moved into an assisted living village. So space is at a premium, and her HUGE, very old TV could not come with. So we bought her a 40 inch flat screen. However, almost all flat screens now have speakers in back/underneath. She can't understand it well (she is hard of hearing), and admittedly it doesn't seem very loud. Definitely not compared to her old one.

I have no clue what is good. I've looked on Amazon, but it hasn't helped much in deciding..... Can anybody recommend a fairly inexpensive one? Say under a 100.00.

ETA Not sure if it matters, but it's a Samsung

TIA

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: Sound bars - I could really use some recommendations ple

We have two sound bars- one is a Vizio and one is a Samsung. The Vizio is fine, but the Samsung is better. I'd recommend the Samsung (since you said the TV is Samsung), because everything will work together really easily. No need to worry about separate remotes or anything.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Go to Best Buy.

We got ours (It's something that starts with an S-- Samsung or Sony) really affordably. They don't have that one anymore. But we've been really happy with it and it was the recommended one by the Best Buy guy.

Make sure you tell them you want something for someone who is hard of hearing.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-400-series-2-1-channel-soundbar-with-6-5-wireless-active-subwoofer-black/3453038.p?id=1219581291803&skuId=3453038

Seems like it's a good deal. Check out the reviews.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock

My husband and I have a Samsung sound bar, with a subwoofer, and are pleased with it. Our TV is also a Samsung.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ours is the Sony HT-CT260. Quite pleased with it. It was the Sony "budget" model and we got the last one they had in the store at a really nice price, plus it got very decent C-net reviews, which was all we wanted anyway as we don't have a large space.

I find the people at Best Buy to be quite good about sticking to budgets.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We have the Samsung one to go with the curved TV. We really like it. Great sound and it is easily turned off if it is late at night and someone want to watch tv when everyone else is sleeping. We bought both at Costco.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks all on the brand recommendations. Sounds like (har) a Samsung is probably the best/safest bet. Thanks also for emphasis on the subwoofer Garnetgirl. I was wondering about that. ;))

Gypsy, thank you for linking a specific bar. Only problem is, the nearest Best Buy is over a half hour away (as is a Costco or anything like those). And knowing my dear mother, there could quite possibly be a return (or two) in the future. ::) So I'll just hit up Wally World here in town and get one there.

Thanks again. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results