shape
carat
color
clarity

K colored stone, honest opinions PLEASE

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stacyj, Iike so many others said, pull it out of the halo and the color contrast won't be as obvious. How white are YOU looking for? D, E, F white? This ain't it. White in most environments and lighting, showing more color in other darker environments? Yeah, probably...

You can post a video. Upload it to youtube and include a link.

If I wanted an oval, I don't think that bowtie is too bad. I definitely would lose the halo though, cause that makes the color more obvious. And at 5, almost 6 carats, I don't think you need a halo. In fact, why don't you spend that halo money on going up in a color grade. Wouldn't that add more value?

stacyj11101

Rough_Rock
Dolly,

This was a HUGE help looking at your posting recommendation, i feel a lot better about it to be honest after reading some of those views. It is actually the identical situation i'm in. With that being said, i'm confident that the coloring will look better in person. At the end of the day i do feel that it will have some warmth to it, which i'm fine with but it will also blend nicely, lets face it, it's not a D color IF ring. I do love the look of it though and yes, a huge investment, i think i'm getting a lot of bang for the buck.

Thanks again SO much!
Stacy

stacyj11101

Rough_Rock
no, of course i realize its' NOT a D colored stone, LOL

i just don't want it to look "silly" for lack of a better word, however, with that being said, i think it's going to look good. I feel confident in that now. I will try to post the video as well.

the setting wasn't really that expensive and to be honest, the amount wouldn't have made a difference with going up in color at this price level. i do want a halo setting, in looking back maybe i should have went with rose gold to some degree. oh well.

Rivendell

Shiny_Rock
I don't like the colour if I'm being honest. The bigger the stone the more the colour shows. I think a smaller whiter coloured stone would look much nicer. I do like the halo setting though.

stacyj11101

Rough_Rock
Well I just received it today and I love it. It looks so much better in person not only in daylight but indoors as well. Just doesn't photograph that great which is ok with me :). Thanks everyone.

_4295.jpeg

Blink

Rough_Rock
Yay! I've been following your thread and I'm so glad you love it. It looks great on your hand, congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you like it! Diamonds are very hard to photograph. I get about 1 good one for every 40 or so I take...lets just say I'm not
very good at it! Enjoy your new ring!

stacyj11101

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1466547379|4046423 said:
Glad you like it! Diamonds are very hard to photograph. I get about 1 good one for every 40 or so I take...lets just say I'm not
very good at it! Enjoy your new ring!

Your not kidding. I'm sitting here looking at it and it's perfect. As soon as I snap a picture it looks yellow :(. I was actually so upset about it before I received it thinking it wasn't pretty and very yellow. In person it's great.

_4296.jpeg

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
I'm so happy that you're HAPPY! It looks gorgeous on you. I understand how your phone camera can play tricks on you. My ACA is an I color. It looks bright white to me (occasionally I can see some tint from the side) but I see the color so much more as soon as I snap a photo. Weird. The good news is you and everyone else who sees it on your hand enjoys it in person and I'm sure it's a STUNNER! Congratulations!

stacyj11101

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I'm thrilled actually. I'm so glad I didn't talk myself out of it. I'm in awe.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! So happy you love it.

ENJOY!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stacyj11101|1466549007|4046433 said:
Thank you. I'm thrilled actually. I'm so glad I didn't talk myself out of it. I'm in awe.
Thrilled that you enjoy it! I agree that photographing diamonds well is nearly impossible, especially the slightly warmer ones. So happy that you are loving it, and I hope you wear it for years to come!

stacyj11101

Rough_Rock
Yes. You would think with all of these apps on our phone they would have mastered a diamond photo app. Lol. Now I just wish I had better hands to sport this rock. Lol.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous, I love ovals, it's hard to find a good oval (I know!). more pix please and congratulations on a job well done, picking a beautiful stone!!! thank you for sharing. :love: :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubba hubba :love: :appl: incredible!!!! So happy for you! My iPhone makes everything tinted yellow, so it's good to go with what you see in real life always!

stacyj11101

Rough_Rock
thanks so much. I'm in love! I waited so long for this ring. Btw this was an upgrade for me. I came off an emerald cut 3 ct. So this is a big upgrade :).

_37593.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am late to this party, but I wanted to stop in and say that I love K color in a halo! I love the contrast of the halo stones with the center stone! I recently bought an antique K myself, and probably won't put in a halo for a couple of reasons, but I do like K best in a halo!
I can't really tell anything about the cut of the stone from these pics, but the ring looks gorgeous on you! :love: :appl:

stacyj11101

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much. I had so many doubts and now I'm so glad I did it. Next goal is a sapphire and diamond thin wedding band. I think it will make my diamond eternity band and the new rock really pop. My poor hubby :)

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Wowzers! Now that's a rock!!!! It's beautiful - congratulations!

Funny how all the fretting about minutiae just goes out the window when you actually have the diamond on your hand. The slight warmth in fact looks charming. :love: :love:

stacyj11101

Rough_Rock
Fulvia|1466559322|4046501 said:
Wowzers! Now that's a rock!!!! It's beautiful - congratulations!

Funny how all the fretting about minutiae just goes out the window when you actually have the diamond on your hand. The slight warmth in fact looks charming. :love: :love:

Omg you have no idea. I was actually getting sick over it. Last night I was thinking about how I could sell it and after all the begging to my husband about it I felt nothing but guilt. How nuts is that????

tracylt

Shiny_Rock
It is a beautiful ring!!! Wear it in good health!

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it.

The K color blends in so well with other jewelleries, especially with the gold rolex.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
double post

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! :love: Congrats! :dance:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okie, my 2 cents.

First of, I agree the bowtie is not that bad. It's very difficult to get ovals without or with a tiny bowtie. Second, I agree, lose the halo and that money to go up in colour and perhaps even lose a little size.

To play the contrarian however, would you be open to putting that in a very yellow halo, if you still want a halo? My friend has larger L-M oval earrings which she initially put in white halos and they did nothing for the ovals. Then, she changed them to yellow halos, like intense yellow, and OMG, the earrings now just POP!!! Absolutely gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: You hardly see the warmth in the ovals now.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1466570724|4046565 said:
Okie, my 2 cents.

First of, I agree the bowtie is not that bad. It's very difficult to get ovals without or with a tiny bowtie. Second, I agree, lose the halo and that money to go up in colour and perhaps even lose a little size.

To play the contrarian however, would you be open to putting that in a very yellow halo, if you still want a halo? My friend has larger L-M oval earrings which she initially put in white halos and they did nothing for the ovals. Then, she changed them to yellow halos, like intense yellow, and OMG, the earrings now just POP!!! Absolutely gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: You hardly see the warmth in the ovals now.

Ignore my post, lol. I didn't realise you'd already got the diamond. Beautiful!! :love: :love: :love: Congrats!! :appl:

stacyj11101

Rough_Rock
that's ok and thank you :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results