shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you had a foodie weekend DeeJay!

I'm still not feeling very good, but things are improving. I immediately put myself on Cipro, which turns out is good for stomach bacteria. I'm still cramping, but not as badly and I did sleep the entire night last night, which was good. Just so much stress this week yet to go through is not helping.

This may be my last check in until after the move.

Have a great week all.....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, I bet you guys are excited to move and get settled in your new house. I sure hope you are feeling better tonight. It sounds like you were really sick. Food poisoning is so awful. Good luck with your packing this week.

Dee Jay, that was a ton of cookies. I was tired of doing dishes. I am OCD about my dishwasher too - I’d rather people just rinse and stack.

I am glad you had a fun weekend and I hope your closing went off without a hitch today.

My new quiet employee of one week sent me and my boss and email on Saturday complaining about his new work environment. He isn’t comfortable there and feels he won’t be as productive as he could be and wants us to move him back to where he was before. He is more vocal in email than in person. He told us today he has never been in an enclosed, confined space before and doesn’t like it. He has a cube but since he is being trained he and his trainer obviously work side by side. I’m like really? How do you expect someone to train you? I think he doesn’t like the more structure workload he has in my room. The fun never ends.

I only did dishes once today. Woo hoo! What a treat. The guest bedroom can wait until later this week. I am enjoying being lazy tonight.

Have a fabulous week.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, WTF with the new guy?! Welcome to adulthood. We all get to do stuff at work that doesn't thrill us. That's why they call it WORK. Go smack him and tell him it's from me!

Yesterday I had a closing that I was a bit iffy on for a variety of reasons (aside from lender issues I also though I might be being mystery shopped by HUD, which they do to agents some times to make sure no fair housing laws are being violated), but I walked away with a commission check so I'm thinking it's all good! Then I went to dinner with my best friend at a steak place. I have half of my meal left over for lunch and I'm looking forward to it! I need to get back on track with the eating though though... and going to NY for the upcoming long weekend won't help that! Oh well, I'm just going to go, have a good time with my friends, and work on being better when I get back. You only live once, right?!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey quick check in.

Curby, I wish I could tell my boss everything I don't like or want to do. Millenials are supposed to be our future, right?

We're at a point where we just don't know how to pack what's left. The movers are coming Friday to pack up what we can't figure out how to pack.

I'm feeling completely stressed and overwhelmed and I just want this whole mess over with. At least once the movers put our stuff in the new house, even piling boxes on top of boxes, we'll be able to start putting our lives back together.

I'll try to check in again, but don't be surprised if the next time you hear from me, we'll have moved.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I so agree about WTF with the new guy. I had my one on one with the lady that is training him and without prompting she said “I know he isn’t happy he got moved in to our room and he doesn’t like it that he has to work all the time.” Poor Baby. Don’t you feel bad for him? I will gladly smack him for you. And yes that is exactly why they call it work!

Your closing does sound strange. I wouldn’t be surprised if HUD would do mystery shoppers or house buyers anyway. Woo hoo for walking away with a commission check though. Sweet.

You do only live once. I had leftover steak and mashed potatoes for supper. I think I’m still hungry though.

Rod, the rest of this week will seem to drag. Do you close Friday? Unpacking will be more fun than packing. I’ll be anxiously waiting for pictures.

I know - can you imagine just whining to your boss about anything you don’t like? I think I’ll go out of my way to make sure this kid is kept busy. Sadly the Millennials are our future. Some of them are wonderful others not so much.

My day was a bit crazy. 2 people from corporate showed up to demonstrate how they are going to make our lives easier this fall - only for me to crush their excitement within the first 5 minutes by saying - well that saves me a few minutes a day but what about this other stuff we have to start doing? You know why bother to spend time with the end user before you design a system for them to do their work? Oh wait, we didn’t think of that!

It’s really smokey here today. There is a fire about 200 miles away and the smoke must be coming this way. The Sun was orange and visible in the sky like you’d see it at sunset. I bet our sunset is going to be gorgeous.

Marty is out playing golf. He had a rough day. The company I work for pretty much said today Marty couldn’t be on site. His company is demonstrating some equipment there (salesmen) and they need technical info but my company (Marty’s former company) said he couldn’t come out there because it wasn’t fair to other vendors. That’s smart to ignore the guy who designed your system and knows how it works just because he works for a different company now.

Maybe I’ll retire. Ha! I could spend my life shopping for Teddy Bears.

Have a great Wednesday.
Curby
P.S. Still Curb-Free for the month of June

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how I wish we closed on Friday. But nooooooo, the buyer wanted to close on Monday. And we can't move out of the condo on a Sunday, so the packers come Friday to pack stuff up. They move us out on Saturday and hold our stuff until Monday. And we get the joy of staying in a hotel with the kitties for two nights. We close Monday morning at 9:00 AM on our current home. Then we have the walk through at our new home at 10:30, then close on the new home at noon. And all the while, funds have to be electronically sent from two locations at the precise time, or they won't give us the keys to the new house. But then, we have the movers showing up at 3 PM Monday afternoon to move us in. Can you say this is stressful? I can. One wrench and we're f'ed up. Yes we are.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, if I whined to my boss about all the things I don't like I'd never have time to actually get anything DONE!

Rod, all fingers crossed that your day on Monday goes like clockwork! If it makes you feel any better people actually do it that way all the time so I'm hopeful you will be snafu-free!

Last night I worked until about 8. I'm trying to get something set up for my boss to review with a consultant tomorrow and I'm going to be out of the office so I've got to crank away and leave it in as good a condition as possible before I leave tonight. Looking forward to being in NY with my girlfriends this weekend though!

OK, back to work!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I remember now how your closing and moving will play out. I know it’s a pain but at least it’s only over a weekend and then getting in on Monday afternoon. When we bought our last house it was that bad. We sold our trailer at 9 am then we met at the bank to buy our new house. We handed over the check for our trailer to the bank and they were going to pay off my car - guess what they sent the check to the wrong place and the car company gave me a call when my car payment was past due. Then a few weeks later a lady from the title company showed up at both our places of work to sign a new title; apparently we bought the lot next door to where our house was built. After that things went smoothly. This house was very smooth. The company that built our house took our old house on trade so they bought our house first then we bought this house. They gave us 7 days to get out of our old place. That week we had to replace some carpet and have the house professionally cleaned. It wasn’t bad.

Anyway - moving stories are always fun to look back on long after everything settles down. Good luck for a smooth move and closing.

Dee Jay, I know what you mean about whining to your boss about everything you don’t like. I should take some long list in to my boss and tell him I just wanted to bring a few things up. He is very sarcastic I am sure he’d come up with some smart comment.

Ugh to working late last night but I am sure your boss appreciated you having everything ready for him to review.

Have fun visiting your friends in NYC!

I met a friend for supper then came home and did dishes. Marty met a friend of his at a bike GTG in the park and they road around the historical house section of town. He took his bike down there in his truck which made me glad to hear because he won’t wear a helmet. I couldn’t see how he could get to the park without being on busy streets. I am a worrier.

The fire near here grew today so it’s pretty smokey again. Pretty sunset though.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked up my sister's sapphire rings today. She sent me an email at work and said the jewelry store called and said her rings were ready to pick up. You know what I answered right - what rings? :lol:

img_11977.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thurasay kids!

Curby, I like the rings a lot, especially the cool crossover setting on the right! I think she'll be very happy with the way they turned out!

Writing to you from the Delta Sky Lounge at O'Hare. I don't normally fly Delta but I got a good deal on my ticket to NY so why not!? Plus I have lounge access through Am Ex. United and American no longer give access to their lounges through AE so I'm thinking I might have to change my preferred airline!

Last night I worked until after 9:00 to get the project in the hands of my boss before I left. It's not DONE but it's done enough. I had some preliminary packing done already (translation: clothes all over the dining room table!) so I didn't have too much to do when I got home or this morning. Didn't sleep worth a damn though. I kept waking up and looking at the clock. My alarm was set for 5:00 but at 4:59 I was wide awake. The CB bought me to the airport. I had to leave a little early since he heads to work so early, but I figured I might as well just get in the car with him at 5:45 rather than calling an Uber at 6:00!

Alright, off to get more coffee and some breakfast!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super Quick Fly-By.........

Packing continues. Dinner tonight with my brother and SIL as today is her birthday. Jeez, couldn't she have timed her birthday to better fit our chaos this year? LOL

Movers come tomorrow to pack up what we can't figure out how to pack. Move is Saturday.

Your sisters rings are pretty Marcy! Hope she likes them.

Have a fabu time in NYC this weekend DeeJay.

Think of us this weekend.

Prolly won't check in again until after the move and we have internet access again.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, the cross over ring setting is very cool. She got a bunch of small sapphires back today in assorted shapes and colors. I suggested she do a BTY necklace with them.

Let me know what you think of Delta. We are flying Delta to SC this summer for our vacation. We got a real decent price on our tickets.

Good deal CB was able to take you to the airport this morning.

Are you doing any jewelry shopping in NYC?

Have a blast!

Rod, I am glad you are taking a break from packing to celebrate your SIL’s birthday. That is pretty cool they are there now.

My sister’s rings look pretty nice. She is walking on cloud 9 with her sapphires.

Good luck with the final packing and moving out tomorrow.

I will definitely be thinking of you this weekend. After you get to your hotel have a nice dinner, a drink and relax. I am still very excited for your new place.

I spent my day agitating everyone which became almost kind of fun. At least tomorrow is Friday!

Have a great evening.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the sunset tonight. Stupid houses in my way now.

_37614.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

My day was a lot better today at work. I met Marty for lunch and got a lot of work done.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Happy Moving this weekend and Monday, Rod!

Here is another sunset photo.

Curby

_37631.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

My cleaning lady came this morning. I ran out and had breakfast, went to Kmart then tried to drop a stone for my sister at a jeweler here in town but he was closed.

When the cleaning lady left I did put a bug in her ear that having her clean on Saturday has really worked out well for me so if we could keep doing that it would be nice. I kind of put it if maybe her sister could clean on Saturday? I really want to keep this lady. Of course they are sisters and the original cleaning lady is Marty’s friend’s DIL. Tough situation. Either way I’ll have a house cleaner but this current lady does more detail work.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Happy Sunday.

I slept in until 9 am. Funny thing I am yawning. I probably slept too much.

Marty was watching some stupid witchcraft movie last night and I told him if I had bad dreams I was going to punch him when he was sleeping. Lucky for him I didn't have bad dreams. The older i get the less I like those scary movies where people get all creepy, gross and this one had a ton of snakes.

Marty's tee time was 7:30. He was going to have grilled chicken at the golf course so I picked up an Arby's junior and curly fries for lunch. We are meeting my sister, BIL, a nephew and his wife for supper at our favorite steak house 45 miles south of here. I am taking her sapphire rings to her and I put them in the trunk already so I don't forget them. She'll probably kill me dead if I showed up without them.

I should be working on washing blankets and the bedspread for our front guest room but that sounds like too much work right now. :lol:

I am watching Independence Day. Reviews of the new movie aren't very good.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, any movie with snakes are a big No Go in my mind! I remember once a friend told me she had watched Snakes on a Plane the night before... as we were waiting to board a flight! That ranks right up there with watching Jaws when you're staying at the beach min my mind. Um... NO.

Rod, thinking of you today!!! Post when you can and let us know how everything went!

My long weekend in NY was great! On Thursday after I landed I took the bus through queens and then connected to the subway that took me downtown. I don't have a Chicago transit card, but I have a NY metro card, LOL. My friend and I went out to dinner when she got done working. Friday I took the subway up to 5th Ave. and 57th St. and shopped my way down to Union Square, so about a 2 mile walk. My friend left early that day and met me for lunch and then we had dinner later. Saturday we went to a matinee show. We saw Act of God and it was GREAT! Then we walked on the High Line for a little while and then met two of her friends and one of mine and drank A LOT of wine. A LOT. We ended the night up on my friend's rooftop on her apartment building with some other people and more wine. Ugh. Sunday I was a little woozy, to say the least. We had brunch with my friend who came over from Jersey City and then I headed back to the airport. Uber this time, no more public transit! My flight was (of course) delayed but only for about an hour and a half, and then the CB picked me up. I headed straight for a pizza! It was a nice low key night out the parking lot with neighbors and then to bed. Today I'm a little tired...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, I am with you on snakes. They make me scream like a little girl. You had quite a busy weekend in NYC. Glad you had fun and enjoyed plenty of wine. Too much wine can make you feel a bit woozy for sure. Pizza probably hit the spot when you got home yesterday. I was thinking today pizza sure sounds good. I might head out for lunch tomorrow and get a little pizza. I hope you rested up today.

Rod, I hope you are in your gorgeous new home tonight. I'll be anxious to hear how things are going for you.

We had burgers and corn on the cob cooked on the grill tonight. Marty picked up a planter box of lettuce to grow on our patio. He had some salad from that for supper.

Not much else exciting going on here. I got a refund from Apple iBooks today for $3.14. I am really torn how to spend it. It's probably from my Sony Reader (pink of course) that I only owned for a few months. I had my heart set on enough to buy a new ring. :lol:

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I got a refund of $22 in this settlement too. I hope I remember to use it since I never buy books any more now that I'm signed up with the Chicago Public Library electronic site.

Yesterday I had a bit of an eating fest... really about as bad as I've been for two months or so, but today I'm back on top of it! And I somehow screwed up my back yesterday. I spent twelve solid hours on the couch and now I'm feeling a little better, but I'm going to be verrrry careful!

I ordered a bunch of skirts off the Nordstrom Rack site and I didn't read the part about them running big so size down. Well I went home and tried on the ones I have in my closet and I think the ones that just shipped are going to be too big but now they're sold of out of the size I need in all the patterns I want. Dang.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, refunds everywhere for books. Nice! I hope your back is feeling better tonight. Darn it that you didn’t end up with the correct size of skirts.

Rod, are you getting settled in to your new place?

My new employee submitted is resignation last night. He is quitting on the 15th. I wanted to get rid of him now but I guess I’d have to fire him to do that. He talked to my boss and me this morning. We both think he was waiting for us to tell him we’d move him to some other job. We both told him we understand this job isn’t for you so you got to do what works for you. I told the girl training him to not waste her time teaching him anything new but keep him busy with what he doesn’t know how to do.

I didn’t sleep worth a darn last night so I am tired tonight.

I have tomorrow off - it’s our 25th anniversary. Marty seemed to be ho hum about it and I didn’t even buy him a card and I saw a charge at Hallmarks on our account so I’ll be shopping in the morning. Brat!

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, 25 years -- WOW! I can't imagine there is a man on this planet that would put up with ME for that long!!!

Yesterday I was better on the food front, and even behaved myself when I got home and just had a baked chicken breast, even though I really wanted something else at the end of the night. I slept on the couch again and I'm feeling much better. I can almost stand the whole way upright, LOL. Tomorrow we're going to see James Taylor and Jackson Brown at Wrigley Field so I'm hoping to be in good condition by then because the crowd and the oh-so-comfortable (not!) seating I can imagine being a little unhappy anyway and back pain would just be the icing on the cake.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Marty and I both said today we can't believe we put up with each others crap for 25 years. :lol:

I am glad your back is feeling better but yes those seats at the stadium will probably not do you any favors. Maybe taking some Advil or something like that before you go would help keep the pain at bay. Have fun at the concert though.

Rod, are you through unpacking yet?

We had a quiet day. Marty's big project for work is due at about 10 pm tonight. He worked on stuff until 11:45 and then we went to lunch at Olive Garden. I had a delicious Italian margarita with my lunch. We had salad and I ate one bread stick then ate 1/2 of my cheese raviolis. After lunch we went to the Botanic Gardens where we had our wedding. We had the ceremony a little gazebo there so we walked over to it and took a selfie in there. They are adding a big extension on the building so a lot of the area is blocked off so I was glad we could get to the gazebo okay.

I looked at our wedding pictures this afternoon. 25 years seems like a long time and then again not very long at all. Marty got us some champagne but we'll have it this weekend. Since he might have to work tonight he doesn't want to have alcohol first.

Take care.

BTW I didn't miss babysitting today. Woo hoo!

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, post a pic from your wedding -- I would love to see it! As for Marty not drinking because he might have to work... I think I work BETTER if I have a couple of cocktails in me!

Last night I went do dinner with a good friend of mine from a previous job and her husband. They are such a blast, I love being with them! When I got home I sent out the evite for my Christmas in July Party... 197 people... plus guests... :-o This thing gets bigger and bigger every year!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I think it's a great idea to have a few drinks before work - especially if you work from home. I guess that is why I don't work at home. :lol: He is downstairs working on that project right now.

Your Christmas in July party is definitely expanding. You need to post videos on YouTube for us. You have lots of planning to do but by now you probably have your planning down to a routine.

Do you have a Cayenne? I can't remember if you have that or a Lexus.

Work was really busy today. You'd think that if everyone missed me so much yesterday they'd give me an office and lots more money. I can dream anyway. :bigsmile:

They have stakes across the street to start building a house that will block the rest of my sunset. Phooey. I'd best enjoy it until they get the frame up. Maybe we should have bought something rural but it's too late now.

The rainy season has really hit this week.

Have a great evening.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few pictures

_37663.jpg

img_12045.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very quick flybly:

To say the move has been a mess is an understatement. Closing was messed up by the bank and took all afternoon to get the funds to the title company. Our movers were sitting in front of our house doing nothing for 3 hours waiting for us. They didn't finish getting everything loaded in the house until almost midnight.

The A/C in our brand new home had to be replaced today. And it's still not cool enough for me. They're going to do some process called air balancing the vents. I hope that helps keep all the rooms cool. Some are, some aren't. And the ones that aren't are the most important rooms we live in.

The alarm install went fine, until the cable company got in the closet with all the panels and messed it up. First we had internet. Then we didn't. Then we had cable, and then we didn't. Then we had home phone and then.......you get the idea. It's taken until today to get all services up at the same time.

Our brand new fridge is being replaced tomorrow. Sigh.......it doesn't dispense water or make ice.

While our stuff fit it in the condo, it doesn't all fit here. And this house is larger. Go figure. We're still buried in boxes that aren't yet unpacked. No pics are hung, but furniture is at least where it should go.

Our audio video guy was putting up all the ceiling fans, water softener, additional shelves and putting in the sound system inside and outside when he came to me and said the very expensive receiver we own wouldn't operate the outside speakers. So, had to go out immediately buy another expensive new receiver, but all is working there now. We also had to buy a new system remote to operate the equipment and they're not inexpensive either. But the new remote is really nice and simpler to operate than the one it replaced.

I'm hoping we'll be in a position to actually cook in our new kitchen by the weekend.

This tired guy is heading to bed.

Hope your week has been much less stressful.

Oh, the stay at the hotel for a couple days was not fun. Emi found an opening in the box spring in the bed and got in there and wouldn't come out. We had to disassemble the bed completely to get her out. Today's the first day she's come out from hiding somewhere in the new house. She's finally acting more like herself. Eri on the other hand has been in the middle of everything. She's such a cool cat. Nothing fazes her.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I hate to hear you had so many hassles with closing, moving and with your new place. Hopefully someday soon you can look back on this and at least chuckle about it. It didn’t going smoothly for you at all. That is great Eri doesn’t let anything faze her; I need to take lessons from her. I am with Emi sometimes I’d rather find a comfy place to curl up and avoid the world.

I hope you get to cook in your new kitchen this weekend. You should be able to get lots of unpacking and arranging done this weekend.

We had a really big rainstorm today. There were little lakes and ponds everywhere and standing water on the roads.

When I started my car to come home I got a few warning messages. One of them is a maximum speed / RPM warning and my car seems to be under powered. Grr! Really? The Audi repair dealer is closed tomorrow and of course Monday. We can drop it off tomorrow but they won’t even look at it until Tuesday. I absolutely hate being without a car. We don’t have car rental on our insurance policy either. My parents always had extra cars I could borrow so we never bothered to add it. It’s going to be a very long weekend and week next week.

We got off work early today. Woo hoo!

Have a great evening and weekend.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy,

The fridge was taken care of today, but not without a major major major headache. They had our old address. One would think that wouldn't be an issue. But nooooooooooooooo, they said they couldn't deliver the replacement fridge to our new address because it was hard coded to the old one. It took me screaming at them like a fish monger's wife to finally get the replacement out this afternoon. And then they discovered the first guys who installed the fridge in the first place just didn't turn on the water to the water line. So, the installer balanced it, adjusted the doors to fit perfectly and turned on the water and voila, we have water and ice.

The A/C people still need to replace a part in the air handler, but they've got us up and running. And we only have about 10 boxes left to unpack and then all boxes (we have over 150 packed boxes and 15 wardrobes), so that's a lot of unpacking for sure.

We're hoping to be unpacked tomorrow, buy some groceries and maybe even start hanging pictures.

At least today was a better day in move land.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, don't you absolutely hate that when the screw up a delivery and somehow it ends up being your inconvenience instead of theirs? I can't believe the only problem was your water lines weren't hooked up. It took us 3 tries to get our frig and 2 tries to get our patio doors. They showed up and said - oh these don't fit in your door we are going to have to cut some of your siding off. I am like no way in he*l! You guys came and measured our doors and these are going back to be replaced by ones that fit. I wasn't very lady-like or friendly then.

I am glad you have water and ice and are so close to being unpacked. That is major progress!

Woo hoo that your AC is at least up and running. I can't imagine living where you do without AC. I am usually pretty cold compared to most people and I get teased I have a 1 degree tolerance difference. So we have our AC set at 76 and I keep thinking I am cold so I nudged it up to 77 and you guessed it - I was hot. I am like kicking the covers off at night and before i was turning on my heated mattress pad.

Enjoy hanging pictures this weekend and making your new place feel like home. :wavey:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, when they called at 7 AM this morning to tell me they weren't going to come until next Wednesday, I completely lost it with the guy. He didn't know what to say as I was yelling so loud I'm sure my next door neighbor could hear me. It's amazing they make a mistake and I'm supposed to be OK with being inconvenienced. At least I got taken care of. We went out for dinner (live every night this week) and we intended to come home and just relax. But we've been unpacking since coming home.

Have a great 4th of July holiday everyone. The 4th is actually our 36th anniversary!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results