carat
color
clarity

My 2016 bling bling

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1465892106|4043790 said:
Phoenix, yes I can see the mis-alignment! It is totally not acceptable for a luxury brand like Cartier to be selling pieces with defects! I hope they replace it for you ASAP!

Thank you, CareBear. I went back today and exchanged it for another one, which is perfect!! :love: :love: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will try and post pics tomorrow or the day after.

I'm IN LOVE...again..ha ha ha!! This bracelet has me swooning!! :love: :love: :love:

Soooo happy I went with this instead of the 4-diamond WG!! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YIPPEEE!!! YAY, YAY, YAY!!!! :dance: :appl: :love: :clap:

Can't wait for pics!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, I love your enthusiasm!! :appl:

Here's the first pic...there's a lot of bling here...my Cartier WG pavé with ceramic together with my friend's Cartier RG pavé, and other "stuff", lol.

(LLJsmom, you see anything familiar? he he).

mj__amp__phx.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more pics:

mj__amp__phx_3.jpg

cartier_pave_1.jpg

cartier_pave__amp__birkin_bdm_2.jpg

cartier_pave_5.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

cartier_pave_6.jpg

cartier_pave_3.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, I love it. :dance: :dance: :dance: It's so stunning! :love: :love: :love: It looks beautiful on you. :appl: :appl: :appl:

And I do see a little "butterfly" among all those stunning beauties. :D

So how often are you wearing it? When? With other pieces or on its own? When you have a chance, can you give a "day in the life of your love"? :twirl:

Do you think you will stack?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1466165428|4045105 said:

Love the new Love even more! :love: :love: :love:

So which one are you wearing more now that you have both--the Cartier or VCA bangle? :naughty:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1466180062|4045170 said:
Phoenix, I love it. :dance: :dance: :dance: It's so stunning! :love: :love: :love: It looks beautiful on you. :appl: :appl: :appl:

And I do see a little "butterfly" among all those stunning beauties. :D

So how often are you wearing it? When? With other pieces or on its own? When you have a chance, can you give a "day in the life of your love"? :twirl:

Do you think you will stack?

Thank you, LLJsmom. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! :dance: :clap: :dance: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Ha ha ha!! That is a little turquoise butterfly. I love yours so much, I bought one as a leaving present for my friend. It's very cute, she says she'll get a matching one to give to me on my b'day. My friend and I are very cute, we have several matching pieces of jewellery. She got her pavé RG Love when I was getting my WG, hers is beautiful too.

It's absolutely gorgeous!! The little ceramic circles on the Love really stand out and catch the light and reflect it back and ...omg...I can't even describe how amazing it is!! I LOVE wearing it and can't stop looking at my wrist, instead of where I'm going! lol

"A day in the life of my Love"? Haha, not much to tell really. I wear it everyday, except when I go to the gym. I wear it no matter how (else) I'm adorned or attired. I want to enjoy it as much as possible. I don't wear it at home though.

I've been wearing my Love on its own and not stacked with anything else. I'm petrified it'll get scratched. It's just too perfect!! ...HOWEVER, I'm already plotting away....and have a tiny bit of a (first world) "dilemma"....see my post below pls.

How's your plan with the stacking piece, for your left arm, coming along?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1466196932|4045236 said:
Phoenix|1466165428|4045105 said:

Love the new Love even more! :love: :love: :love:

So which one are you wearing more now that you have both--the Cartier or VCA bangle? :naughty:

Thank you so much, m-2-b. I can't believe it's taken me soooo long to get the pavé Love. I finally figured out, that all along what I really wanted was the pavé and not the plain or 4-diamond version. That's why I hesitated so long and waited for so many years!! Yes, I agonised over spending $$$$$ for melee diamonds but eventually had to bite the bullet. I figured, there's only one life, if you want something that bad, just go for it!!! and I couldn't be happier now...it's such a statement piece, absolutely gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love:

I've actually been wearing both, at the same time, one on each arm!! :cheeky: :twirl: I want to enjoy them as much as possible. Eventually, I think, depending on my outfit, I'll wear my (already heavily scratched) watch on my left arm, stacked with my tennis bracelet (and possibly one or two single motif VCA) and either the Cartier or the VCA on my right arm.

How are you enjoying your upgraded ACA? and your VCA single motif diamond pendant?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, and anyone else who may care to chime in...

I have the Lotus BTF ring coming to me. I never planned to spend so much money this year, but once the wheel is set in motion...well, you know!! lol.

Well, my "dilemma" is what bracelet to wear with the Lotus ring when I have it. I absolutely LOVE my VCA Perlée clover in RG (it was love at first sight) but now am wondering how to match the Lotus ring which will be in WG.

The Lotus ring is a size 47 and I can wear it on my LH (size 46) or my RH (size 47). The Cartier Love is a tiny smidgen larger than the Perlée and thus the former will be worn on my right wrist and the latter my left. The Love has a more modern vibe to it and has a distinctively different look to the VCA Lotus ring. The Perlée bracelet and the Lotus ring are more feminine and "traditional-looking" but they are of different gold colours.

Each bracelet also looks a bit insubstantial on its own, when worn with the Lotus ring which is quite a large and "showy" piece (or you could say "loud", ha ha, but in a good way :tongue: ). So now I'm thinking of buying another VCA bracelet in WG to stack with my Perlée or Love when I do wear the Lotus ring. The Q is, which? The choices are:

1. the plain Perlée Signature in WG. I've actually tried this on and love it and think it looks really cool (I'd get the small).
http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/perlee/perlee-signature/vcarn5b000-perlee-signature-bracelet-medium-model.html

2. sweet 6-motif Alhambra bracelet, in WG pavé . This is more definitive Van Cleef, IMO.
http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/collections/jewelry/alhambra/sweet-alhambra/vcaro85700-sweet-alhambra-bracelet-6-motifs.html

I will not be rushing to get either any time soon. Most likely, I will get it next year, but thought I'll throw it out there. TIA.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Phoenix! :wavey:
What delightful "dilemma" to have! :appl:
Just off the cuff (pun intended :D lol) I would say to get the Perle bracelet to wear with your new ring.
Then you can have a white gold bracelet to go with the white gold of the ring and you could also stack your 2 VCA bangles together as well as stacking the diamond LOVE and the white gold VCA.
Another idea.. have you looked at Tiffany's metro thin bangle? That looks nice stacked with most anything. :love: :love:
http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/bracelets/tiffany-metro-bangle-GRP02160
Nice thing? Any decision you make will be the right one.. all your choices are terrific!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1466268183|4045447 said:
Hello Phoenix! :wavey:
What delightful "dilemma" to have! :appl:
Just off the cuff (pun intended :D lol) I would say to get the Perle bracelet to wear with your new ring.
Then you can have a white gold bracelet to go with the white gold of the ring and you could also stack your 2 VCA bangles together as well as stacking the diamond LOVE and the white gold VCA.
Another idea.. have you looked at Tiffany's metro thin bangle? That looks nice stacked with most anything. :love: :love:
http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/bracelets/tiffany-metro-bangle-GRP02160
Nice thing? Any decision you make will be the right one.. all your choices are terrific!

Hello Rubies-R-Me! :wavey:

Thank you for your input and kind words. I like Tiffany Metro and used to have an eternity band. However, I'm thinking of Van Cleef only now, because I really adore their pieces....I've actually been scratching my head wondering how on earth I didn't buy from them before! Lol.

I'm going to VCA tomorrow to try both on again and see. Unfortunately, the Lotus ring that was available before (size 49) is now no longer available for me to try on with the bracelets, so I'll have to use my imagination somehow..tough task I'm sure! :wink2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, I would probably go for the WG Perlee if your intention is to stack it on the same arm that you are wearing your lotus ring. I feel like the sweet would scratch up either the perlee or the love. I am guessing that the WG perlee won't scratch up the perlee you already have. Is that right? What happened when you tried it on?

OMG Phoenix. I am thinking maybe a WG perlee might be just the thing on my left arm...

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Hi Phoenix,
OMG-- congratulations on the Lotus ring! That ring is THE quintessential ICONIC piece of all things VCA, (in my opinion of course.) I am obsessed with their BTF rings and tried on every one available at my local VCA store (smaller selection as it is in a Neiman Marcus store.) They did not have the Lotus ring in the store but my SA said the ring is amazing, with an ingenious hinge mechanism. I am way excited for you!! You are so lucky and really, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person :wavey:
I know this does not answer your question, but I am going to throw out a different option--- how about wearing it alone? The Lotus is such a knockout large recognizabke and important piece of jewelry that it totally holds its own. Many celebrities have worn this ring on the red carpet, and if I recall correctly, most have worn it alone. It is soooo mesmerizing. :love:

However, if I were to vote on one of your 2 options, I would opt for the Perlee.

Congratulations again and I can't wait to see your pictures!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new Cartier bracelet, Phoenix!!! :love:

I think I'd like to see a picture of the BTF ring with the rose gold perlee first. I am not sure the plain wg perlee is the right thing to go with that ring. I might wear it with a plain diamond tennis bracelet to allow the ring to be the statement piece, though.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1466374266|4045758 said:
Phoenix, I would probably go for the WG Perlee if your intention is to stack it on the same arm that you are wearing your lotus ring. I feel like the sweet would scratch up either the perlee or the love. I am guessing that the WG perlee won't scratch up the perlee you already have. Is that right? What happened when you tried it on?

OMG Phoenix. I am thinking maybe a WG perlee might be just the thing on my left arm...

LLJsmom, I'm leaning towards the Perlée signature. I think you may be right about the Sweet, as it'd move up and down and maybe even over the Perlée clover. The two Perlées, would - in theory - be cushioned against each other, by virtue of the beads. I'll see when I try them on in a few hours.

OMG, I'd totally LOVE a WG Perlée on your left arm. But wouldn't the butterfly scratch it?! :-o The butterfly would for sure move up and down, woudln't it? and the surface on the signature is mirror-like, any scratch would easily show up, I'd think.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mol42|1466381960|4045805 said:
Hi Phoenix,
OMG-- congratulations on the Lotus ring! That ring is THE quintessential ICONIC piece of all things VCA, (in my opinion of course.) I am obsessed with their BTF rings and tried on every one available at my local VCA store (smaller selection as it is in a Neiman Marcus store.) They did not have the Lotus ring in the store but my SA said the ring is amazing, with an ingenious hinge mechanism. I am way excited for you!! You are so lucky and really, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person :wavey:
I know this does not answer your question, but I am going to throw out a different option--- how about wearing it alone? The Lotus is such a knockout large recognizabke and important piece of jewelry that it totally holds its own. Many celebrities have worn this ring on the red carpet, and if I recall correctly, most have worn it alone. It is soooo mesmerizing. :love:

However, if I were to vote on one of your 2 options, I would opt for the Perlee.

Congratulations again and I can't wait to see your pictures!!

I LOVE your post. Thank you so much for posting and for your kind words!

I knew about the Lotus ring being an iconic piece and have seen pics of it on celebrities' hands, but it's so great and reassuring to hear it from someone else. I've been kinda wincing at the thought of spending more $$$ (as this year has been totally crazy!! ). I understand that there's a shortage of this ring worldwide and out of all the VCA's around the world, there's only one size 47 and am incredibly lucky that one is coming to me. :appl: The manager told me that they don't even take orders any more, as they don't know when or how long it'd take to produce one.

Their BTF rings are amazing, aren't they?! I also love the Frivole BTF ring btw, but at that price I'd rather pay more and buy the Lotus, not to mention that the Lotus has a special significance for me.

You're 100% right!! The Lotus is indeed larger-than-life. I'd definitely not wear too many other pieces with it. I'm thinking a high-end watch (a RM when I do get it) on the same arm, no Holly (she'd have to take a backseat - back of the safe, he he), studs, maybe just maybe another bracelet or 2 on the other arm, and definitely no necklace and no other ring.

Will post pics of the Perlée signature stacked alternately with my existing bracelets, when I go to the store later; and will definitely post a gazillion pics of the Lotus ring when I get it.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1466394479|4045841 said:
Love the new Cartier bracelet, Phoenix!!! :love:

I think I'd like to see a picture of the BTF ring with the rose gold perlee first. I am not sure the plain wg perlee is the right thing to go with that ring. I might wear it with a plain diamond tennis bracelet to allow the ring to be the statement piece, though.

Thank you, DS. :)) :)) I love it too, he he.

I'll post pics of a Lotus (not the ring alas, as there's none in the store at the moment. I may try to put a Lotus brooch on my hand, but it would not be the same as the ring) with my RG Perlée. I wouldn't wear the Perlée Signature on its own, it'd be stacked.

Hmm...I think my little tennis bracelet would be overwhelmed by the Lotus ring. The only tennis bracelet that would be compatible with the Lotus ring would be one with 1 caraters and am not going to get one, not any time soon or even ever!! lol

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix!!!! You don't have to have a tennis bracelet with 1 ct stones to wear with a VCA Lotus ring! :lol: The 7-10 ctw diamond bracelets around here certainly could be (and are) worn alone with a statement ring. Yeah, stacking may be stylish, but I think classy/elegant beats that out 99% of the time when we are talking high end statement pieces.

(I know that is my personal preference and obviously you can wear as many bracelets as you want with your Lotus ring! :bigsmile: )

tracylt

Shiny_Rock
Holy Smoke!
Phoebe, I'm Asian too, and I have to say I'm extremely jealous with your skin. Your style is impeccable as well! :love: :clap: :clap: :clap: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1466429436|4045902 said:
Phoenix!!!! You don't have to have a tennis bracelet with 1 ct stones to wear with a VCA Lotus ring! :lol: The 7-10 ctw diamond bracelets around here certainly could be (and are) worn alone with a statement ring. Yeah, stacking may be stylish, but I think classy/elegant beats that out 99% of the time when we are talking high end statement pieces.

(I know that is my personal preference and obviously you can wear as many bracelets as you want with your Lotus ring! :bigsmile: )

DS, you're too cute!! :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tracylt|1466430389|4045907 said:
Holy Smoke!
Phoebe, I'm Asian too, and I have to say I'm extremely jealous with your skin. Your style is impeccable as well! :love: :clap: :clap: :clap: :love:

Awww, thank you so much, tracy.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I was at VCA today and guess what, the answer is.....none of the above!!

Can anyone guess what the answer is?! :Up_to_something: :wink2:

Hint 1: I was actually surprised!

Hint 2: the answer may be answerS (plural)! ha ha

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm really enjoying this thread Pheonix!
Please don't keep us guessing! Can't wait to see what's next for your jewellery box :think:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1466432025|4045911 said:

Hmmmmm!!!! Perlee Clover in wg? Vintage Alhambra wg/diamonds?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RosieR|1466436917|4045927 said:
I'm really enjoying this thread Pheonix!
Please don't keep us guessing! Can't wait to see what's next for your jewellery box :think:

Rosie, you're so sweet! All will be revealed shortly! :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1466439319|4045937 said:
Phoenix|1466432025|4045911 said:

Hmmmmm!!!! Perlee Clover in wg? Vintage Alhambra wg/diamonds?

OMG, DS!! Are you a mind reader?! :o

You get first prize! :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, the reveal: First of, I tried on both the Perlée signature and the Sweet and although I liked both on their own, they did nothing to the Lotus (I tried on a Lotus clip earring on my hand). I then tried the Lotus with just my Cartier Love and they actually looked good together, phew!!! The biggest surprise to me was that the Perlée clover RG on its own did not go with the Lotus! Go figure! :o I guess matching colour is much easier than matching style/ design. Even though the Love is a completely different design to the Lotus, the former being edgy whereas the latter more traditional, whimsical even, they actually go together. The second surprise was that the Perlée clover WG, which I initially thought looked "cold" (when I first looked at the Perlée line) looked AMAZING with the Lotus. Whilst I don't regret purchasing the RG version (bc VCA RG is just so soft, so romantic, so feminine etc), part of me wishes that I'd gone with the WG one instead.

My favourite combo now is BOTH the Perlée clover WG and RG, worn together with the Lotus - as shown in the pic below. Bearing in mind though that this is not the actual Lotus ring (but rather half of it), when I eventually get the Lotus ring, both bracelets worn together with the Lotus ring might actually be too much. Mind you, if I do go for this combo, for sure no other jewellery can be worn..well maybe just my BGD studs.

lotus_wt_perlee_rg__amp__wg.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Perlée clover WG worn on its own with the Lotus is just simply gorgeous! :love: :love: Talk about understated elegance! :appl:...well maybe not so understated with the actual Lotus ring, lol!

lotus_with_perlee_wg.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results