shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelers in Europe?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again, PSers! This time, I'm hoping for a chat with our European friends :)

I'm going to be visiting and was hoping to maybe buy a jewelry related memento of my wedding/honeymoon trip.
We will be in:

- ALL of Ireland
- Kusadasi/Ephesus
- Istanbul
- Venice, Italy

Are there any amazing jewelers and/or antique stores you can recommend? I know this is a far fetched post, but hoping to find a few pointers :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1465589066|4042765 said:
Hello again, PSers! This time, I'm hoping for a chat with our European friends :)

I'm going to be visiting and was hoping to maybe buy a jewelry related memento of my wedding/honeymoon trip.
We will be in:

- ALL of Ireland
- Kusadasi/Ephesus
- Istanbul
- Venice, Italy

Are there any amazing jewelers and/or antique stores you can recommend? I know this is a far fetched post, but hoping to find a few pointers :)

Hi, madelise! Since a couple of the places you are asking about are in Turkey, when I read this I instantly thought of MrsAkin who used to post in The Gold Thread. She is a native of Turkey and currently lives in Istanbul. You might, also, post your query on The Gold Thread, but I do not know whether she reads it any longer. She appears to believe in shopping in the bazaar, anyway. I am quoting what she said about jewelry shopping in Istanbul. I have shopped for jewelry in Italy, but wouldn't have looked for jewelry in Venice. My husband's family had more connections in his hometown of Genoa (Genova).

Good luck!!!

From MrsAkin:

"I mostly shop for gold around Grand Bazaar and do not prefer to buy anything online. It's mostly about the bargaining factor. It's always cheaper when you negotiate with the seller directly. I opened the link you gave on your message. I've seen sets in this style when I went to Grand Bazaar for jewelry shopping . But I also have to say those earrings are expensive! I think they should be around $250 at most. It's 2 am here so I may be sleepy but seriously, how could they say the earrings retail for 2 grand when they weigh 3,5 grams only? I think the options we have in gold jewelry would pleasantly surprise you.

I've been dying to see those ruins since I was a child and finally visited Ephesus in August 2010. While it was breathtaking it was also very hot and I kinda felt dizzy touring around as the ruins are scattered through a fairly large area. I have pictures in front of the library and sitting on the stairs of the amphitheater. Let me say the Aegean coast is covered with ruins. Wherever you go you see something historical. Last summer we went to Bodrum with our car and everywhere we turned our heads had historical artifacts. You go through olive trees and boom! Temple of Zeus stands right in front of you. The historical background is amazing. I traveled a lot and saw a large part of Turkey but if one could only visit one city I'd definitely say it should be Istanbul. Although I sometimes miss the city I grew up in, I'm hopelessly in love with Istanbul. To me it is the greatest city in the world and the only one I want to spend the rest of my life in."

Deb :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results