shape
carat
color
clarity

Two wax models from David Klass

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
Any thoughts on which one you like better? (One has 1 point stones in the halo and one has 3/4 point stones.) I'm kind of torn. Any other suggested changes? Finally, has anyone ever had sizing issues with a wax model? My local jeweler measured my new size to be a 5 1/2. These models are supposedly 5 1/2s but are much too tight. Very strange!

_37515.jpg

_37516.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be that you are retaining water or something right now if your jeweler recently measured you. But you will need to increase the size of the ring, because it is better for it to be a little loose than too tight, especially if you'll be wearing a wedding band with it. Ring sizes do change from cold to hot weather, etc. I can't tell anything from the wax models. You might want to post the CADs so we can see what the differences are.

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
I guess that's possible. He mentioned that it's possible the wax model sizing could be off? Either way, I will go and get resized. Here is the last CAD with 1 pointers on left and .75 pointers on right.

_37517.jpg

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Having had a 1/2 point halo, I wouldn't go larger than 3/4 point.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, ring sizers & mandrels are not uniform & that may be the reason for the tight fit of the wax model. PS Trade member Michael E's useful description in this thread as how to deal with the reality of the disparities should be of help when you revisit your local jeweler for sizing :))
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-do-you-properly-measure-ring-size-on-a-mandrel.199854/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-do-you-properly-measure-ring-size-on-a-mandrel.199854/[/URL]

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the wax is too tight, I would strongly consider going up to a size 6.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I think the .75 pointers make your Centre stone pop and appear larger than the one pointers. I would definitely do that.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with LaurenK, I like the smaller stones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the smaller more delicate one. I would size up the ring too.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
MeganShannon11|1465391490|4041586 said:
Any thoughts on which one you like better? (One has 1 point stones in the halo and one has 3/4 point stones.) I'm kind of torn. Any other suggested changes? Finally, has anyone ever had sizing issues with a wax model? My local jeweler measured my new size to be a 5 1/2. These models are supposedly 5 1/2s but are much too tight. Very strange!

Please keep in mind that you are trying on a wax, not a finished ring. When the ring is cast, there will be a lot of polishing done, and that will result in a looser fit of the finished product. Waxes are always overdone a bit because of the polishing process.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results