shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I believe that is the frig we bought first - Lowes had 2 in stock and they damaged both of them trying to deliver them to us. It looked really nice. Then they couldn't get another one so we got the GE one for the same price. We like the GE one as well.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some killer rabbits watching the slide show. It plays for about 10 minutes every time you get ice or water.

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1464486901.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, we considered the GE equivalent, but there is just something about the Samsung that just feels more right for our needs. I'm sure the GE is also a great fridge though........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, the only brand of appliances I wouldn't buy again are Frigidaire Gallery. That is what the builder put in our house and they are AWFUL!!! We still have the gas range but only because it works well. The refrigerator is now in the man cave and the dishwasher was good riddance to a piece of junk!

Have fun at your brother's and SIL. You guys are going to have a feast today.

Marty is off playing golf already. We were going to a friend’s house for supper but I guess they are bringing the food here instead. Her kids went home with Grandma and Grandpa. They don’t have a deck or patio to set on and her 3 pets really flare up my allergies so she asked if we wanted them to come here.

Now I need to figure out something for lunch or go somewhere. Decisions Decisions.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a great feast this afternoon. The crabs were simply huge and so so good. We also made my mothers macaroni salad, which she worked on for years to perfect. It's a special treat and made us both remember my mother and father.

Marcy, we did look at that fridge and it's really great looking!

We have to go to the new house and mark where we want them to move the dining chandelier. Otherwise, we don't have any plans.

Hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad your dinner was good today and that's wonderful you made your moms pasta salad. Those are good memories. You'll be in your new house soon but the next few weeks will fly by.

We had friends over for supper. They brought all the food except a cheese platter we made. It was for my birthday which is tomorrow. She brought me the greatest presents. Here is a picture. The Snoopy actually sings and dances and it's pretty cute but I can't get my video to post here.

Sadly the Curby license isn't a real plate for my car but it sure looks real.

Curby

Marcy

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1464583322.jpg

appremoozae

Rough_Rock
eat 3 times a day.. morning noon and evening..Dont skip meals to have a heathy living goal.. and you must do also exercise everyday..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

My day didn't evolve as I planned but it turned out okay. Laundry will wait and I realized I do have one more day this month for the astronomy newsletter. Of course what are they going to do - fire me?

My sister called me about 1 and talked to me for about 90 minutes. She loves to talk on the phone. Ugh. Then Marty came home early from golf since he was getting rained and hailed on - what does he think he is a baseball player? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So we went to lunch then to the mall. I got a navy Fossil handbag on sale for 1/2 price. Marty got golf shirts, golf balls and gloves at the going out of business Sports Authority. It's only 10% off so it's not like they are serious yet.

The lining of the navy bag is navy blue fabric and I am worried it will rub off color on my off white Snoopy wallet so I am using an off white fabric bag for a few days in there to see what happens.

I just ordered one of the Snoopy tote bags. The off white one is the only one left and they raised the price $200. WTH? So I ordered the black one. I decided it’s one of those things I’ll regret not buying. Or that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. I threw in 2 of my favorite shades of nail polish too since I already had free shipping. I love Amazon.

Do I really have to go back to work tomorrow?

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh.....the money keeps mounting up. We bought a spa today for the backyard. We weren't going to buy one. But after we went to the new house to mark where the dining chandelier is supposed to be hung, we decided to go to a local manufacturer and just see what they offered. A couple hours later, we walk out with a contract to buy a 5 person spa, with lot's of jets, led lights, etc. Now we need to get our landscaper out to see the backyard as we'll need him to do a lot of work there before the spa can be delivered, not to mention, we have to have an electrician get 220V power to where the spa will be located. And that also means a brick paver area for the spa to sit on. It's only money, right??

And yes, Macy. We have to go to work tomorrow. Bummer, right?

Hope you all had a nice holiday weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, it's like when we went to Pebble Beach and we upgraded to a BMW SUV because the golf clubs wouldn't fit in the car - I told Marty we aren't doing this to save money. All of this will be worth it once you are in your new home. You will love having a spa in your backyard.

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, Happy (belated) Birthday!!! I read about your snoopy wallet and I think it's wise to test the navy lining of your new purse to be sure it won't rub off.

Rod, I'm following your new house adventure and living vicariously through you! We were in a small town in Michigan for the long weekend and of course I came home and immediately started searching for cottages, LOL.

We had a great few days this weekend! I forget how relaxing sitting in a screened in porch drinking wine and looking out over a river can be! The antiquing wasn't as fruitful as some other trips, but we certainly had fun looking. The trip home wasn't too bad either given holiday weekend traffic, so that was a bonus. I want to zip over to Target at lunch today (or maybe after work) to look for a few things for this weekend's upcoming Vegas trip. I plan on packing pretty light for a change though!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thank you for the birthday wishes. I remembered last night I have an off white Coach wallet so i dug it out to use for a few days. Once my Snoopy tote bag gets here I’ll have to keep using that test wallet since the lining in that is black. I used to sew a lot of loved navy blue clothes that is why I am always suspicious of navy and black fabric - it always ran on me if I washed it with anything else.

Having a water front cabin would be awesome. My parents had a cabin in the mountains for about 20 years and I sure loved the peace and quiet up there. I hope you find something.

Have a blast in Vegas - I swear I am going to make that sometime soon.

Not much going on here. Marty has started watching really old movies - I find them very boring. Good thing I am preoccupied online anyway.

I had leftovers for supper then slow churned ice cream. Tastes great - low calories and fat.

Tomorrow is Wednesday already. Sweet.

Hopefully Marty’s new wedding band shows up.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, did I miss your birthday? I'm so sorry. Happy Belated Birthday, my dear!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Rod. I appreciate it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I always enjoy going to a nice quiet cabin but I wonder if I had one of my own if it would become a "chore." That is probably the main thing that has prevented me from buying a place in Wisconsin or Michigan over the years, I'm afraid I would feel like I *had* to go there every weekend.

Last night after work I walked over to Target and then to DSW and got -- in celebration of the 80 degree heat! -- thee sweaters. Whatever. Between now and Friday I have to clean up my house (it is a DISASTER), do some laundry, repaint both my fingers and toes, and somehow fit in working at my office and showings both tonight and tomorrow. Not sure exactly how that's supposed to happen... but somehow it will!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes a nice cozy cabin will become a chore. My parents did a ton of work at their cabin. Good deal getting some new sweaters - I was so cold at work yesterday that I wore a thermal top and fleece vest to work today. I wasn't overly warm in it either. I switched to a short sleeved shirt when I got home though. Quickly.

You do have a busy week but I know you; you'll get it done.

The lady in the cube next to me put out a huge jar full of plain and peanut M&M's. Oh oh! :naughty:

I got pretty riled up today at work. One of my employees is a very negative person and I swear if you gave them a million dollars they'd bitch you didn't give them a million and one dollars. They are always complaining they aren't appreciated, no one ever tells them they did a good job, blah blah blah. I don't go in and sing them praises all the time but I say thank you or good job a lot. So anyway I went in about 4:30 and said "stuff looked really good today. I saw a few small things and they were already fixed when I checked on them. You guys did a good job today." So that person pipes up and says "that doesn't sound very sincere. It sounds like you are surprised we did a good job". Which fired me up immediately. So I angrily said "I just said you did a good job". Which then they repeated it and I smacked the exit button and said "great I can't do anything right!" I wanted to say a lot more but didn't trust myself for what would come out of my mouth. :wall: :wall: :wall:

So I was not in a chipper mood when I got home and Marty's normal state right now is hangry - eating 1800 calories a day on top of working out 5 days a week is making him cranky, tired and weak and he won't listen to me "that's not enough." Anyway he threw away 2 of my Cuisinart non-stick pans because they are sticking when he cooks his several rounds of eggs every day. Those pans are the kind that once they quit being non-stick you treat them again with a thin coat of oil. He didn't believe me and threw them away. They also had lifetime warranties. Oh well. So we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond tonight. He got another non-stick pan, some silicone spatulas at my insistence because he is using my nice batter rubber spatulas in his pans to fry eggs and I got some new soap dishes for our bathroom.

I did have a glass of chardonnay tonight - I felt I needed it.

Marty's new band was on the Fedex truck for delivery then got changed to "incorrect address". So he goes online and is chatting with someone at Fedex who naturally couldn't tell him much. He finally had Marty tell him what our address was and after that all he would say was the address on the package was wrong. So Fedex calls the jewelry store and they are holding the package at Fedex for Marty to pick up tomorrow. I think I'll make a list of items that jewelry store can send me to compensate me for the stress today. Ha!

But I'll quit crying like Cam Newton and Nancy Kerrigan now - tomorrow is always another fun filled day.

Curby (or is that CRYBABY today?)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, it's so funny you say that about people bitching if you gave them a million dollars! The CB always says if you stood on the corner at State and Madison and handed out fifty dollar bills people would bitch that you weren't giving out hundreds!

Last night I did a quick showing and then stopped at Target... again! I bought two sweaters in Michigan last weekend, same one different colors, and one of them was MUCH longer than the other, which I didn't realize until I got home. I also got a super cute dress in Michigan that I SWEAR fit me in the store but when I tried it on last night in the planning stages for Vegas packing I decided I might actually want one size up because it's 100% cotton and has no give whatsoever.

The CB quit his job this morning (I can't remember if I posted about this already or not... ?). The company he's at is (poorly) run by two partners and they are doing their damnedest to NOT progress into the 20th century (you should hear how they do their billing! And there is a woman in the office who literally refuses to use a computer but doesn't stuff with a TYPEWRITER!!!). Anyway, he's going to work as a project manager for one of the largest mechanical contractors in the state, so he's pretty excited about that. I'm sure there will be much celebration over this in Vegas, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is awesome CB moved on to a new job. It sounds like a fabulous opportunity for him. Congratulations to CB and definitely celebrate in Vegas.

I like what CB say about handing out $50’s. He is so right.

I wore another sweater set today to work because the office is so darned cold. Good idea to get the next larger size cotton dress; I swear some cotton shirts I own shrink during the day I am wearing them.

I met a friend at lunch and we sat outside. I got a sunburn too. I usually make sure I put my back to the sun but it was cloudy when I sat down. Oh well. My face is rosy.

I got my Coach tote bag and Marty got his ring. He didn’t go to Fedex to pick it up until about 11:30. I told him if it was my ring I’d be at the door when they open. As you can see the tote bag will be convenient to carry around Teddy Bears. I also included my new Fossil and Marty's ring.

Have a great evening.
Curby

purses.jpeg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, please give the CB my congratulations on the new job! I hope you both celebrate well in Vegas!

Marcy, Marty's ring looks fantastic! Nice Coach Bag as well!

Such an uber long day today. I was at work just after 8 this morning and didn't leave until after 6:30 tonight. I had to make sure a candidate got his offer.

The buyer for our place is doing his home inspection tomorrow. I can't imagine what he could find wrong, but we're always a bit fearful until the inspection is signed off on.

At least tomorrow's Friday and the start of the weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, good luck with the home inspection tomorrow. I remember it well how nervous that made us. On the Friday before the inspector was coming on Monday Marty backed his truck with a big old steel bumper into the corner of our garage and snapped a brace there, knocked that piece off the foundation and cracked the bricks on the outside of the garage. He was SOOOO angry he wouldn't talk the rest of that day. We had some carpenter come look at it. He and Marty used a car jack to get the brace back in place and they reinforced it for that night. The next day the carpenter came back and repaired it all. Marty went and got brick cement and repaired all the cracks. Honestly if you didn't know it was there you'd never find it. We were lucky for sure.

I am glad your client is getting an offer. A good ending to a long day for you.

I really like Marty's ring - it is a nice, thick band. At least it won't fall off him now.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy on my way to Vegas kids!

Curvy, I'm waiting to board my flight now. There's still time for you to go to the airport, take the next plane, and be there in time to meet us for dinner!

Rod, I'm sure your inspection will go great!!! And the CB thanks you -- he's very excited!

They at starting to line us up to board, but just wanted to check in. Will post more this weekend!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! I see auto correct turned Curby into Curvy!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, have a fabulous time in Vegas. I know you'll see lots of pretty jewelry. If I did show up this weekend I could avoid the in-laws for a few days. It's a win win. Curvy Ha Ha.

Rod, I am anxious to hear how your inspection went today.

Work dragged on and on today but I did go to lunch with a friend and enjoyed a margarita.

Marty is planning out how to squeeze in popcorn tomorrow night. Poor guy is STARVING.

Tomorrow I need to get the from bedroom ready for the in-laws. My SIL didn't feel well so flew back to Arizona instead of coming up for the weekend.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and Marty's ring is probably too tight. :nono:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, oh no to Marty's ring possibly being too tight. From the design, I can see it's not easily re-sized. I'm guessing it's going to need to be returned for a different size, which is a royal pain. But if it's too tight in cooler weather, just imagine what will happen during the summer months?

So, the inspection went really well today. The buyer found two very minor things he wanted taken care of, so we signed off and he did too. The maintenance guy in our condo can easily take care of both items for us. So now the real fun begins. Packing. We went and paid off the appliances this evening and scheduled the delivery. We're pretty close to choosing the mover and they agreed to move our stuff in the new house immediately after we close at noon. They won't start until 3 PM but they said they'd have enough men to get us in in 4 - 5 hours. So they may win just because of that. Having movers pack you is SO SO SO expensive. But given our short time frame, we may have no choice but to pay for packing. We've got a reservation for two nights at a nice hotel near us and they will let us bring the cats. Tomorrow we're going to pay off the new furniture and schedule delivery. We ordered the plantation shutters, so there really isn't much left to buy.

Here's a picture of the spa we ordered, only it will have a more pool like interior, not shiny at all and looks better with water in it.

spa.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I was wondering if they could heat that ring and stretch it a little bit but I don't know. I told Marty to call them NOW and let them know it is probably too tight. I should have let him get the cheap band he liked. :lol:

That is wonderful the inspectors only found a few minor things and the maintenance guys at the condo can fix it for you.

Your spa looks fabulous. Relaxing in the tub with your favorite libations, enjoying the stars and the kitties nearby watching. That is living my friend. Good deal to pay off the appliances and furniture. I know paying people to pack and move you is pricey but oh so worth it. That is great one of them said they could move you in about 5 hours. When we moved in to our last month my dad lined up his buddies all with pickups. They had everything moved in under 4 hours. My mom, my sisters and my nieces and nephews took care of taking care of things as the guys brought things in and we had that house put together by 10 that night. The spare bedroom had some boxes to unpack and the TV, stereo, computer, etc wasn't hooked up yet but boy was that nice!

When we moved a few years ago we hired a moving company that sets up and moves business offices. They moved us for about $1200. It was basically a guy and his grown up children and they worked from about 9 am to 11 pm but got us moved in one day. They were a bit rough on our stuff. A few of our coffee / end tables got scratched or chipped and they broke a lamp. Marty moved our electronics. It was a deal for how hard they worked.

Moving is such a pain but you are going to love your new house, furniture and appliances.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, LOL to your comment about people getting in your way when you are going to pick up your diamond bracelet. :lol: I hope you win something fabulous! I will be anxious to hear how the evening went.

I am working on stuff around the house today getting things ready for in-laws arrival tomorrow.

We had mashed potatoes and dead animal entrails for lunch. Marty planned out how he could have popcorn tonight so I'll make it about 6.

Back to picking up and taking care of things.

Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I believe stretching the ring would not work and it wouldn't be a good idea. Send it back and get a larger size.

So, today was certainly eventful. We paid off the furniture and scheduled delivery. We bought bed linens for the guest bedroom (we haven't had a guest bedroom in over 6 years. AND..........we bought an Elliptical! I can't believe how excited I am over buying an exercise machine, but I am. I simply don't want to go back and join a gym. I want to work out and I loved the elliptical when we did workout. But finding one that feels as good as the Life Fitness ones our gym had that we could actually afford was a challenge. We tried lower priced units, but they weren't comfortable to me at all. Then we stumbled across a professional fitness store, who only sells high end gym equipment and found a trainer from Octane. It's perfect and feels so smooth. At $2,000, it's their least expensive trainer, but it's got everything we want. So, I'm excited. Here's a pic of it:

octane-q35x-elliptical-machine.jpg

We met my brother and SIL for dinner tonight. We went to a Mexican Restaurant that is literally a block from our new house. OMG. I had heard it was really great and has been a Tampa favorite for many years, but we had never gone there. The food was exceptional. Simply exceptional. Knowing we can walk there will be fabulous!

We are selling our dining room furniture. Our furniture is simply too large for the new house. It was very expensive (bought during the days when we made real money) and was made in Italy of really solid woods. It's truly a work of art. We were going to give it to a consignment shop and would have gotten very little in return. I had no idea my SIL absolutely loves the furniture, so they are buying it from us and giving us slightly more than very little. But hey, it stays in the family and I'm happy they'll give it a nice home.

Hope your weekend's going well.

Again Marcy, have Marty send the ring back and get one larger.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super quick fly by (since it's about midnight here, which is 2 am my time!) to say I won the most amazing prize tonight!!! It is a gorgeous vintage ring from GOG. I'm going to try to post a pic but I'm on lousy service so not sure if it will upload. The ring is on the GTG thread (2nd page) that's pinned at the top of Hangout in case my pic won't work. Woo hoo!!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My awesome ring! The pics don't do it justice at all -- it's truly stunning!

_4001.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results