shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Gift Surprise Blown......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!! As all of this started to unfold last week, I thought i just had to share this story.........

Last Tuesday night we got a horrible rain storm here and took in about 3.5 inches in an hour, it was crazy. After living in my house for almost 2 years, this was the first time we had any flooding in the house. The whole downstairs took in water, and we had to get a disaster team in, pull up all the carpeting, carpet padding, tack board, everything -- furniture was moved or put on blocks, and commercial dehumidifiers and fans were brought in to ensure no mold or mildew would form. Well our master bedroom and living room, bathroom, etc. are downstairs, so we have been displaced and had to move to one of the bedrooms upstairs. Its been a tough week, and made even harder when we learned our homeowner''s policy doesn''t cover flooding -- so we had to pay for clean up as well as replacement carpet, flooring, etc.

So as we were pulling out every piece of furniture, knick knack, electronics, et. this weekend (to get ready for carpet being put down tuesday) i thought I really had no choice but to get my boyfriend''s engagement gift early. So we were riding around yesterday and we ended up in Best Buy and i walk up to the sales guy and say, "i''m in the market for a HDTV, DLP, 55-60", whaddya got?!" My boyfriend was like what the heck are you doing, we don''t really need this right now. So we started to look and he was getting excited, but still had no idea why i was buying it. So eventually i had to say to him, "well, i was going to have to do this soon enough anyway, so why not do it now while our entire downstairs is in disarray?" He still didn''t get it so i had to say ITS YOUR ENGAGEMENT GIFT HONEY, SO YOU MAY AS WELL PICK OUT EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT WHILE WE''RE HERE!!" His little face lit up and he was sooooo excited!!!!

So I hated that his surprise was ruined, but i was involved picking out my ring (although he has it in his possession and i don''t have it on my finger yet!) so i think it worked out that he was involved in picking out his Sony Wega 60" HDTV! Oh, and I threw in the Bose GS 3-2-1 surround sound since he''s the best boyfriend ever!
emsmile.gif

This week the carpet will be put down, we''ll move everything back into place, then get to move back downstairs, and the TV is being delivered and installed Friday, with a new HD box being delivered Friday as well. I wanted to share with you guys, as I never thought i''d give an engagement gift before we were engaged, but i''m hoping that''s coming real soon! In exchange for my gift, he watched Bridezillas with me last night, what a team!
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
OKay so maybe your presenting it was not a surprise but it sounds like he was surprised when ya''ll went to Best Buy. I think it is wodnerful that you are getting him something too. Very thoughtful! I love it! Congrats and I am sorry about your house, I think you must be near me since people who have ground levle things are in trouble at the moment. Its a bummer, I am glad you had something positive to help lift your spirts.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Aww--that''s great that his face lit up! I''m smiling just reading your story! (sorry to hear of the flooding, though.) Hopefully you''ll get your engagement gift soon too!
31.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s adorable. And Amanda and Matatora are right--it was STILL a surprise for him, and it sounds fabulous!!

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, i''m excited about it also! I saw some posts in the past with discussions of engagement gifts for men, wedding gifts for men, etc. i am of the opinion that he''s as deserving as i am of an engagement and wedding gift, no matter what the size. I really wanted to get him a watch but he doesn''t wear them and made it very clear i shouldn''t do that! I also thought about a very nice ''swiss army style'' knife to get engraved (he''s very handy!) but the TV idea was something i knew would blow him away. He bought my absolute dream ring, so i thought he should have his dream tv! :)

For wedding gifts, he is going to get me 2ct total weight Royal Asscher diamond earrings to match my ring -- again, a dream gift. So for his wedding gift, I am buying him a grandfather clock that will serve as an heirloom for our family. I''ll have it engraved with our wedding date and names, and it comes with an heirloom log so you can record who receives it from generation to generation. He can''t wait for the clock, he''s so excited! I just think its great that he wanted something lasting like that.

He''s the best guy ever and deserves the world -- he told me it was unnecessary to buy him an engagement gift, but i just had to. i just love him like crazy! :)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
lucky guy!! My fi didn''t get a big engagement gift. I got him some part for his car or something that cost like $50. but the thing is.. he talked me into buying him one of them BEFORE we got engaged.. and I waited so long for him to propose then he got me to buy him ANOTHER engagement gift car part.. AFTERWARD..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results