shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back to wearing black today as it's cold here again. Today I'm wearing my AP grey Tahitian set. These have a bit more of a satin luster to them that's challenging to take pictures of, because they look nicer in person than they do in pictures (often it's the other way around). I pulled my hair back today so I could see my pearls better. I'm thinking that might not be the first step in realizing the extent of my problem...

_37172.jpg

_37173.jpg

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Very hot today. The Swan is out and about on the yellow gold tube knit choker, and Kojima blue grey drops.

img_0988.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bweaves,

The swan is so cool. It's such a nice funky contrast to your more classic ropes.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Cmd - I love your grey Tahitians, they look lovely with your skin tone.

BWeaves - such a funky combination!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Wearing a simple pendant I put together using a 10-11mm peacock Tahitian and 14ct yellow gold finding.

_37180.jpg

_3622.jpeg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
BWeaves, it's always a pleasure to see the swan :wavey:

Siameseroo, lovely pendant, gorgeous colour and luster :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous everyone!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Little necklace I made today
fullsizerender-155.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Love it ckrickett! How did you attach the chain?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Siameseroo|1463991272|4035099 said:
Love it ckrickett! How did you attach the chain?

I wire wrapped it

Luvglitz

Rough_Rock
I am wearing my CC pond slime ripples. They are really more gold then true pond slime.

ccgold.jpg

ccgold2.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing my PP metallics today. The strand is 9-9.5mm I believe, and the earrings are 10-11mm drops (also from PP).

Ok, does anyone else get this? In addition to PSS, I'm getting Strand Shortening Syndrome (also known as SSS). As I get *ahem* older, my necklaces seem to be getting shorter and more chokey on me. 18 inches is not super comfy feeling anymore...

metallics.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I've had SSS for a few years. I'm okay with 18", but I really prefer 20". Or ropes. (I'm tall.)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have a very thick neck and broad shoulders so anything shorter then 18 inches looks like its choking me (but not like its a pretty choker) so I found I usually wear 18-20 inch necklaces, and yes as I have gotten older they have been getting longer too. Since I wear higher collars now longer seems to look nicer, IMHO

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I didn't have a swan like neck to begin with, but after wearing my 19-20 inch Tahitian/WSS strands for a while, I had forgotten how snug an 18 inch larger pearl strand was on me. Guess extender an extender chain might be in my future...

Arialle

Rough_Rock
I am wearing the double tin cup necklace I made the other day:)
The tahitian pendant has a beautiful pink overtone I just cannot capture :(
image_4418.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thats gorgeous Arialle, I love the colors!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I was making a few things and have these components laying around, so I thought it would be fun to put them together. a little 11mm pink ripple and an ammonite pendant. Its alittle sloppy so I will probably redo it in the future

img_5472_0.jpg

Arialle

Rough_Rock
ckrickett|1464539745|4037755 said:
I was making a few things and have these components laying around, so I thought it would be fun to put them together. a little 11mm pink ripple and an ammonite pendant. Its alittle sloppy so I will probably redo it in the future

img_5472_0.jpg

It is a very nice piece~ :) I think it is pretty as is~
But I do understand having this feeling of need to re-do the pieces...I always re-do my necklace at least 3-4 times...this (compulsive?) urge of mine became so annoying, my DH even commented: "relax, you don't do this for a living" :p

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing my white and silver/green Tahitian strand from one of PP's August sales (I'm thinking it was probably the 2014 one, but it could have been the following year), with a bracelet extender attached to make it 26 inches. I've paired it with my DYI silver studs from Jacque's off-round light mix lot, and my new Tanzanite ring that I bought while on vacation in the Caribbean this year. I was trying to glam up a bit since I'm going out for dinner tonight to a trendy new restaurant styled as a speakeasy, but now looking at my pictures I'm starting to wonder if I could have done better...(ah, Friday morning dressing routines...everything looks different before you've had coffee!)

It's hard to get a good picture of the pearls when they are long. Plus, they look so different against black than against my skin, so I'll post an older picture of them short so you guys can see.

long_strand_and_earrings.jpg

long_close_up.jpg

multis_close_0.jpg

tanzanite_13.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Layering my 2 bar necklaces. my BBA and my silvery keshis
fullsizerender-161.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1464967011|4039788 said:
Today I'm wearing my white and silver/green Tahitian strand from one of PP's August sales (I'm thinking it was probably the 2014 one, but it could have been the following year), with a bracelet extender attached to make it 26 inches. I've paired it with my DYI silver studs from Jacque's off-round light mix lot, and my new Tanzanite ring that I bought while on vacation in the Caribbean this year. I was trying to glam up a bit since I'm going out for dinner tonight to a trendy new restaurant styled as a speakeasy, but now looking at my pictures I'm starting to wonder if I could have done better...(ah, Friday morning dressing routines...everything looks different before you've had coffee!)

It's hard to get a good picture of the pearls when they are long. Plus, they look so different against black than against my skin, so I'll post an older picture of them short so you guys can see.

I really loved it both lengths! Also that ring is TDF

Luvglitz

Rough_Rock
I'm wearing my Holy Grail pearls from POJ. After almost a month of rain, I'm not sure whether the pearls are making mile or the sunshine.

holygrail2.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
CMD- love everything about this look - the longer strand of silvery Tahitians, silver studs which are positively glowing and THAT tanzanite!! The colour is TDF.

Ckrickett - I love your bar necklaces. I'm going to a wire wrapping workshop in a few weeks and will be adding this style to my "project list".

Luvglitz - wow the colour on those pearls is just spectacular! I'm not surprised that you're smiling! :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
simple today, my Petite baroque tahitians
fullsizerender-162.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pearls ckrickett, I love that length too.

maoieretan

Rough_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1370048648|3457138 said:
I have on my white metallic drops with the blosson setting today.

I like this.. How much did you buy this bunch of pearl necklace?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, ladies. Thanks for sharing!

Here's my new PP triple strand bracelet, AAA multicolor 6-7mm. I special ordered it from the "pearls by the inch" section. It really is prettier than my photos. It's kind of like a little toy. I was waiting for my food at a restaurant and passed the time looking at all the pearl colors in that different light. A couple of the pearls look like gold beads and there's a bright raspberry red purple one and a couple of blue ones. Quite a few metallics. It's a fun, colorful summer bracelet and I am a happy pearl girl. Excuse my giant hams, I mean hands. :twirl:

triple_pearl1.jpg

triple_pearl2.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing bracelet! Your collection always takes my breath away

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results