carat
color
clarity

Octavia Performance vs Size

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
misskittycat|1464328679|4036837 said:
OP, not sure if that 5-6k budget includes a setting or is for stone only, but I have always loved this ring. Always. And for under $8k, you get a GOG handpicked Asscher at 1.38ct AND a Steven Kirsch setting. Only really works if your GF is a size six, but worth considering.

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/rings/estate-modern/1-38ct-asscher-cut-diamond-gia-k-vvs1-halo-by-steven-kirsch#.V0fgYeQYF80

This is a KILLER deal. And both the stone and the ring are gorgeous.

Definitely consider.

Gorp512

Rough_Rock
Premium
Saw some stones today and we really love the asscher in a channel setting as a kind of classic and modern juxtaposition. Would love to see GoG's selection to compare.

luv2sparkles

Rough_Rock
I'm late in giving my thoughts on traditional asscher vs Octavia. But wanted to say that personally I like the traditional asscher as oppose to Octavia. Was lucky enough to see the one in person during and still in search for my own. I just think they since your gf said she wants an asscher it is best to stay with the traditional cut.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
mrs-blop|1464371843|4037026 said:
OP, not sure if that 5-6k budget includes a setting or is for stone only, but I have always loved this ring. Always. And for under $8k, you get a GOG handpicked Asscher at 1.38ct AND a Steven Kirsch setting. Only really works if your GF is a size six, but worth considering.

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/rings/estate-modern/1-38ct-asscher-cut-diamond-gia-k-vvs1-halo-by-steven-kirsch#.V0fgYeQYF80

Definitely consider.

You know what? I know zero about step cuts (not my area of expertise at all) other than what I seem to like, but this has always struck me as BEYOOTIFUL. And the setting is insane. I wish someone would just buy it and put me out of my misery. I'm not going to find $8k down the back of my couch anytime soon....

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-blop|1464371843|4037026 said:

Definitely consider.

I agree! : )

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe the poster here Oldminer has his business in the Philadelphia area, if I remember correctly. He is a very highly
thought of Appraiser, you could maybe hire him to have a look at some asschers for you an advise you if you want to be
very sure of getting a good one.

Gorp512

Rough_Rock
Premium
That would be great. Thanks for the tip!

Gorp512

Rough_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have contact info for Oldminer? Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorp512|1464458036|4037397 said:
Does anyone have contact info for Oldminer? Thanks!

Yes, but are you ordering diamonds or buying diamonds locally to take to him? Because I am not seeing how that is going to work any other way.

http://datlas.com/

It is still going to be best (and least costly) to let GOG call some in for you and check the light performance and cut and make you a comparison video.

Gorp512

Rough_Rock
Premium
Was looking at inquiring about advisement in my area as described above by pyramid.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just been on Oldminer's site and notice he does a service of judging a few diamonds from online reports only as well as local stones. His full appraisal service is another item in his fees and more expensive for the amount of work it entails doing a full appraisal. Ofcourse, if looking at Good Old Gold Jon there is a very competent gemologist who has helped lots with online videos. Oldminer is an appraiser but developed his own cut analysis years ago so knows what he is talking about too as well as being a gemologist. Both are the very best in terms of knowledge and professionalism.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plus for all customers reading this, I remember on the old photos from one of the JCK shows in Vegas that there was a GIA stand and it was Oldminer himself which they had staffing it :read:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results